Sunflower Girl [1]

By _nirvana_lover_

In which Emma Harrington, Steve Harrington's little sister, had to deal with the disappearance of her best fr... More

Sunflower Girl
Cast
The Vanishing of Will Byers
The Weirdo on Marple Street
Holly, Jolly
Holly, Jolly
Holly, Jolly
The Body
The Body
The Body
The Body
The Flea and the Acrobat
The Flea and The Acrobat
The Monster
The Monster
The Monster
The Monster
The Bathtub
The Bathtub
The Bathtub
The Bathtub
The Upside Down
The Upside Down
The Upside Down
Sunflower Girl [2]

The Vanishing of Will Byers

594 10 1
By _nirvana_lover_

I jumped out of Steve's car immediately regretting that I expected his offer to ride to school with him.

I got a flat tire last night when I was riding home, which meant that it first had to be fixed until I could use it again.
So Steve gave me a ride to school.

The tension in the car was so weird.
The only noise that was heard was the radio.

I wonder when Steve and I stopped being real siblings.

We were inseparable as little kids but when we got into Middleschool he became friends with Tommy H and Carol and things went downhill.
He started treating me like garbage.

I kinda stopped hoping that things would go back to how they were.

"I see you here after school. Don't be late or else you're gonna walk.",Steve informed me.

I rolled my eyes. "You know, I can ask Jonathan for a ride home. At least he doesn't hate my whole existence. Or I ask one of the boys I they want to continue our campaign from yesterday and we go to Mike's."

Now it was Steve's turn to roll his eyes. "You need some real friends. I mean I've always known that you're a nerd but that doesn't mean that you should hang out with a bunch of other nerds, who aren't even your age. Plus; I'm not discussing this with you, Emma. Just be here after school."

And with that the conversation was over.

At least for Steve, who was now walking into Hawkins High.

I let out a frustrated scream which caused a few people to turn their heads to me.
Like I care.

I mean of course I could probably count my friend's names down on one hand and yes the only friends I have who are my age, are Nancy, Barb and Jonathan but that isn't bad...right?

I knew they would do anything for me.

I'm not sure Steve could say the same thing about his friends.

I've decided to wait for Jonathan in the parking lot since he was nowhere to be seen. 

He was probably just a bit late.

I can't really remember a time where he and I haven't been friends.
We've met in kindergarten when my stupid brother started to make fun of him so I shouted at Steve and grabbed Jonathan's hand to go and play with him.
Well, and since then we were friends.

The first bell rang but my best friend still wasn't there.

I sighed and made my way to my school, immediately smiling when I saw Nancy and Barb standing at their lockers and talking.

"We just...made out a couple times.",I heard Barbara saying in a dreamy voice.

I frowned. "You made out with someone?"

Nancy shrieked. "Jesus."

I grinned. "Please, you know Emma is enough."

Nancy looked down at her feet, clearly avoiding eye contact.

"What's wrong?",I asked confused.

"Nance, come on. You should tell her.",Barb said while looking at the brunette.

"Tell me what?"

"Steve and I...we were hanging out a couple of times and we...we kissed. And I liked it. I liked kissing him and I like Steve. God Emma, I really really like him.",my friend explained.

"That is...that is great, Nance.",I gave her a forced smile and be the supportive best friend but her words hurt.
She knows how horrible he can be and now they're dating?

I cleared my throat and looked at my watch. "I have to go now. I see you guys at lunch?"

The girls nodded.

I quickly turned around and made my way to the bathroom to collect my thoughts.
I still had a few minutes before class.

I leaned against the bathroom wall and let out a sigh.

My life was officially bullshit.

My best friend was probably dating my stupid brother, my other best friend doesn't show up for school and my brother was a literal asshole.

I doubt that Steve will become nicer now that he and Nancy have something going on, so no change at all. 

I rolled my eyes when I heard someone entering the bathroom.

Giggling was heard.

I was prepared for literally anything but Nancy Wheeler and Steve Harrington making out in front of me.

I accidentally dropped my bag, which gave me their attention.

Nancy looked at me in shock, while Steve's gaze radiated pure annoyance.

"Emmy, I-I didn't see you there.",Nancy stuttered with bright red cheeks.

"Yeah ehm- I just- I think I'm gonna go. Oh God.",I was officially overwhelmed.

"Okay...See you later.",the brunette muttered.

I rushed out of the bathroom, leaving the two teenagers alone.

I just really, really needed Jonathan.

He probably wouldn't even now what to do but his presence was calming enough.
But he didn't show up.

The day was exhausting and I really couldn't wait for it to be over.

I avoided Nancy through the day because apparently now where she went, my brother wasn't far away and I just couldn't deal with him.
Plus seeing them making out in front of me was kinda disgusting...so yeah.

I've decided to skip last period and check up on Jonathan to see if everything's alright.

Steve wouldn't like that but who cares?

I was so worried about him since he barely skipped school.

I searched for my Walkman and Jonathan's mixtape that he made for me.
It was full of my favorite artists and always in my backpack.

I had to walk for almost half an hour but I didn't mind.

I knocked a few times on the door when I approached the Byers house.

It was silent until Joyce opened the door with a hopeful glimpse in her eyes, which was immediately replaced by a sad one when she saw me. "E-Emma, hi sweetie. W-What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check up on Jonathan b-but...Joyce, is everything alright? You don't look well."

Tears appeared in the woman's eyes. "W-Will he- he disappeared. He's missing, Emma."

My heart stopped. "N-No, that can't be true. I saw him yesterday. He was fine," Tears began to roll down my cheeks. "He promised me, Jocye. He promised me to stay safe."

"Oh sweetie.",the woman pulled me into a tight hug.

A voice behind Jocye appeared. "Emma."

I softly let go off Jocye and looked at my best friend who looked as exhausted as his mother.

I approached Jonathan and pulled him into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry, Jonathan. I-I should've been there, I should've driven home with him. It was so dark outside and- and now he's missing."

"This isn't your fault, Ems. You are not responsible for him.",the boy let go off me and looked me sternly in the eyes.

I sniffed. "But I am, Jonathan. I-I mean we are talking about Will. He is like a brother to me. And I was the only teenager there. I was the one with the responsibility."

Jonathan pulled me into another hug.

I hold him tight and closed my eyes. "I promise you Jonathan, we are going to find him."

"Thank you Ems.",the boy mumbled, while his chin rested on my head.

I love Steve so so much
I'm kinda sorry for making him an asshole😅

Also: HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE STRANGER THINGS 4 TRAILER? I AM SO EXCITED!!!
BUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH JONATHAN'S HAIR? I MEAN I KNOW PEOPLE USED TO WEAR THEIR HAIR LIKE THAT BUT I LOOKS TERRIBLE 😭😭

PLUS; THERE IS AN EPISODE CALLED "DEAR BILLY" I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT NGL 😭😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 155 13
๐–๐Ž๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘; "๐ข ๐ฐ๐จ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ..." in which a monster hunt reunites friends and f...
227K 4.9K 46
๐’. in which daphne hopper realises battling feelings for her best friend steve harrington is harder than battling monstrous conspiracies ...
247 0 9
แด›สœแด‡ ส™แด€ส™ส๊œฑษชแด›แด›แด‡ส€๊œฑ || ๊œฑแด›แด‡แด แด‡ สœแด€ส€ส€ษชษดษขแด›แดษด uoส‡ษ“uฤฑษนษนษH วสŒวส‡S || sษนวส‡ส‡ฤฑsสŽqษแ™  วษฅโŠฅ Stranger Things Steve Harrington Steve Harrington x Reader Steve Harrington...
38.9K 405 80
imagines from all seasons! requests are open! !!STRANGER THINGS SPOILERS!!