Luffy's Past

By 2021Night

In the middle of the war between the marines and the Whitebeard pirates, a bright light appeared bring the st... More

Chapter 1 - Intro
Chapter 2 - Family
Chapter 3 - Hostage
Chapter 4 - Break
Chapter 5 - Core
Chapter 6 - The Will
Chapter 7 - Decision
Chapter 8 - Message
Chapter 9 - Abilities
Chapter 10 - Plan
Chapter 11 - Death
Chapter 12 - Darkness
Chapter 13 - Guiding Lights
Chapter 14 - Passing
Chapter 15 - Repeat
Chapter 16 - Demon History
Chapter 18 - Epilogue

Chapter 17 - Free

4.3K 138 4
By 2021Night

In the cave, Kai roared breaking free from the grasps of the vines and Robin's devil fruit. He shook the earth, and it could be felt throughout the whole island. It caused confusion to those who had no idea on what caused the shaking.

Animals that could feel the power of the roar, ran away from the cave, and made sure not to go near it. their instincts told them to not go near that place if they didn't want to get killed. Even the tiger king and the huge bear stayed clear from the area.

Makino and Robin frowned and quickly restrained the demon once more. The rest continued to attack the demon and Ace was watching them. Meanwhile, Luffy was hearing voices. One male, one female. They were telling him to kill Kai. To set his spirit free and allow him to be together with his lover.

Luffy frowned and whispered to himself. "Who is talking?"

No one heard it, but the voices seemed to be close to him to hear it. The male answered, "My name is Kei. The woman is named Aiko."

"Kei? Aiko?" Luffy questioned. "I think I have heard those names before."

They both seemed to sigh. They had been with this boy ever since he was containing Kai in his body and they both knew he was terrible with names. He couldn't even get the name Kai right and he had been fighting him for years.

"I'm the so called first chief of the village." Kei explained. "The one who gave the abilities to the people. That person."

Luffy nodded, pretending to know what he was saying, which made both of them sigh once more. Luffy whispered again. "Why do you want to set demon guy's spirit free?"

This time Aiko answered. "Kai, I mean the demon guy, is a forgiving soul, but when I died, he was overcame with angry and hatred. It was like the time you were overflowing with emotions since you lost your family. Though, unlike you, he made a deal with a demon, making him into one. We want to free him, so that there is no demon, and that Kai-demon guy is able to be happy again."

Luffy nodded seriously and had a flashback to when he was crying over his family's death. He was like Kai, but he didn't let it overcome him. Instead, he got rid of all his emotions letting himself fight the demon.

"How do I do that?" Luffy asked. "I can use the holy light thingy, but he survived before, so what stops him from being able to survive it again?"

"Use the holy sword." Kei replied. "You have to summon it and then kill him with it. That's it. the sword can purify him, setting his soul free, but if you kill him with any other thing, his spirit might not be able to be free. It would travel down to hell, and he might remerge someday."

"So, just use a sword that I summon." Luffy summarised.

Aiko agreed. "Yep, that's it."

Luffy nodded. "Got it."

"Remember, he can get confused over the smallest of things." Aiko reminded Kei.

The male shook his head and said, "I can see how he's related to Ash, but then again don't. Ash wasn't this stupid, was he?"

Aiko shrugged. "Who knows? We're spirits, which are also known as ghost. Luffy may be able to hear us, but he can't see us. But putting that aside, the thing about Ash, he wasn't this stupid. It maybe because he has Ivy's genes as well. They were both stupid in their own ways."

Kei sighed. "Why did the smart genes of Leon and Iris go Gol D. Ace? Are we sure that he has any? I mean, Rune was smart, Roger not so sure, but Ace? He's so reckless!"

"It might be because he was raised outside the village and was too busy cursing his father to learn how to use his brain." Aiko suggested. "Who knows?"

Back to the battle, Luffy was focusing on getting his energy back and could only watch as his crew and brother fight the demon. They were all panting and injured. Somewhere during his conversation with the ghosts, Ace and Sabo switched. The top hat was now protecting the strawhat, while the cowboy headed into the battle.

"Luffy, how are you going?" Sabo asked with his sweaty face facing his younger brother.

Luffy cheered. "I'm ok, but a bit hungry. I would love some meat about now."

Sabo sweat dropped. "Luffy... We're in a battle with a demon and you're thinking about meat and food? Really? While we fight you think of those things? *sigh* Well if you didn't you wouldn't be Luffy."

"I think I should be able to do the final blow." Luffy announced as he stood up. His wings were folded, so he stretched them out. Some feathers dropped to the ground which Sabo grabbed some to feel them. They were soft.

Luffy strolled up to the battle, gaining the attention of everyone there. His crew all stared at him, seeing a familiar look in his eyes. Filled with seriousness and determination, those eyes always appeared when their captain was serious about something. Normally when he was going to defeat the enemy.

They all smirked knowing that their captain was ready to finish off the demon in front. The humans backed away, letting Luffy onto the front line. They stood behind him as he raised his hand up. A light shot his hand and once they could really see what it was, they noticed it was a sword.

Zoro sweat dropped. He remembered a time that Luffy tried to use a sword and it wasn't pretty. He couldn't swing the thing properly and it could be dangerous to everyone, since Luffy was the one wielding it.

"We should back up some more." Zoro declared with cold sweat on his forehead. He was already backing away from the battle, and it confused the rest.

Nami looked at him and asked, "Why?"

"He's a monster with a sword." Zoro answered.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Usopp questioned.

Zoro shook his head furiously. "Nope. Not for Luffy. He can't hold the sword properly, so how the hell should he be able to use it safely?"

Now understanding the reason why Zoro wanted to back away, they tried to imagine Luffy holding a sword and what they thought wasn't good. They took Zoro's advice and backed away with him. Luffy swung the sword around dangerously and looked at it in fascination.

"This is one pretty sword." Luffy stated as he flipped it to see every part of it. He swung it around to get a feel of it, but it just didn't feel right. Swords weren't for him.

"Luffy!" Zoro shouted. "Use it properly! Or get it over and done with quickly!"

Makino and Robin were still holding the demon down with their powers. They were both tired and sweaty, while panting. They were keeping Kei from moving. He was being tired to the ground by the vines and the arms that Robin created, stopped him to breaking free of them.

"Ok." Luffy said happily.

The strawhat captain dashed towards the demon, who was trying his best to break out of the binds. He roared once he saw a sword lined up with his neck.

"Just bring it down." Commanded Kei. "After that, we'll make sure that he's happy."

"Please set his soul free, Luffy." Begged Aiko.

Luffy didn't need to be told that. The sword cut off the demon's head and the dead body started to shine a white glow. Not knowing what was happening, Luffy backed up. He stared at the demon's body and noticed that the sword in his hand was gone.

The demon's body continued to glow and shine. It started to fade, forming into a human body. A teenage boy with black hair. He was transparent, which freaked out the cowardly trio and Brook. They clung to each other with comical tears in their eyes.

"GHOSTS!" They screamed.

The boy opened his eyes, revealing the eye colour to be orange. He stared at the group and looked away. He was lost. A lost spirit that didn't know where to go. Should he go to heaven or hell? Which one was it?

"Oi demon-guy." Luffy called out. The others looked at him with disbelief. The boy was the demon they were fighting? Luffy continued once he got the attention of the boy. "I'm think that there are people here waiting for you."

"What? Luffy what are talking about?" Sabo asked as he looked around the cave.

Luffy looked back at his brother and answered, "The voices wanted him to be free and are waiting for him. I think their names were Ki and Ko, something like that."

Voice sighed and two transparent figures appeared. One was a male with white, messy hair and yellow eyes, while the woman had long wavy brown hair, with bright blue eyes. Kai's eyes widened once he saw the figures.

The white-haired male corrected, "The names are Kei and Aiko. Not Ki and Ko."

Luffy shrugged. "Same thing."

The rest of the people looked at the new two spirits in disbelief.

"THERE'S ANOTHER TWO GHOSTS!"

Makino looked at the yellowed eye male in shock. "Kei? As in the first chief Kei? The Great Angel Kei? The Kei that fought the demon, Kai with the elemental heroes? That Kei?"

Kei groaned and face palmed. "So, they really did call me that to put in the history books. How come they actually get a title? It's not fair."

Luffy tilted his head the side. "Is he important or something?"

Makino explained calmy. "Luffy, this is the person who blessed the island and its people with abilities. The first chief of the village and was the last person before you, to receive the will of D. He was also the one to summon an angel and use it to seal Kai."

"Kai? Who's that?"

Everyone in the room sweat dropped. Kai was sighing and raised his hand. "I'm Kai. The twin brother of Kei, also the demon guy you fought?"

Luffy placed his fist onto his palm and replied, "Oh. Demon guy."

Makino shook her head. "Yes, Kai is the demon guy, but I never heard that he was the Great Kei's twin brother."

"Some of the history has been forgotten." Aiko stated as she wrapped her arms around Kai's neck, making him blush. "Some of it has been twisted as well. For example, the part where Kei 'blessed' the island."

Makino looked at her wanting to get more information, but Aiko waved her off. The female spirit kissed Kai on the cheek, making his have steam out of his head. This caused giggles throughout the cave, but it was rime for them to go.

"I think it's time for us to head into the real afterlife where the rest are." Stated Kei while he was Aiko both stood up, grabbing Kai's arms knowing him, he was going to try and go to hell. He would want to repent for all his sins he did when he was consumed by hatred and anger, but his lover and brother were going to stop it from happening. After all, he was that type of person and they both thought it was finally time for him to be happy.

"Wait!" Kai cried out. "Why are you grabbing me? I have to go to hell!"

Aiko smacked his head. "You're coming with us. Without our company, who knows what you're going to do next, demon Kai."

"I need to repent my sins though!" Kai shouted while struggling to get out of their grip.

"Well then, you can repent them with me and everyone else." Aiko suggested. "We'll repent by showing that we are happy and fine. To finally get your happiness."

"But!"

"No buts!" Kei declared. "You're coming with us and that's that!"

The two spirits who were dragging Kai started to fade away, while taking Kai with them. The former demon kept on protesting and the humans wondered how such a kid could become the demon that they faced.

Aiko covered her lover's mouth and smiled back to the group. "Thank you for setting him free and bring him to me. I hope that you have a wonderful life."

"We better not be seeing you soon." Kei added while grinning at the group. "You all should live long happy lives."

The strawhats, Makino and his brothers nodded with a smile and watched them disappear. There were no remains of the demon and after standing there for a few minutes, everyone collapsed onto the ground.

"That was way too scary." Usopp stated.

Chopper nodded. "I hope that we don't have to do that ever again."

Nami shook her head. "Knowing our captain, he would even battle the gods for petty things. We will have many strong enemies."

Zoro smirked. "Good, I'm looking forward to it."

"You're crazy!" The cowardly trio exclaimed.

Sanji muttered, "Why did we choose to follow this shitty captain again?"

"Who knows? YOHOHOHOHO."

"AWO! We were SUPER!"

"We managed to defeat a demon." Robin reminded. "We should have a lot of injuries, so we might need to get them checked."

"We need a doctor." Chopper said. "Wait, I'm the doctor."

The reindeer got up and went around treating everyone's wounds. Ace and Sabo were leaning onto each other and sighed. Their brother was truly a trouble magnet.

"Luffy, what are you planning to do now?" Ace asked as he looked at his brother, who was folding his wings. Once folded, the wings disappeared, making the strawhat look like a normal human.

"I'm going to continue to on a journey to find the one piece and then become pirate king!" The strawhat captain exclaimed with both his fists into the air.

His crew smiled knowingly. His brothers were also not surprised by the answer and was expecting it as well. Makino smiled softly. The boy was finally free, for real this time. He didn't have darkness consuming him and she could tell that his family was watching over him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 4.5K 23
After the death of Portgas D. Ace, the Navy wish to prevent the continuation of the bloodline of the Pirate King. They send soldiers to an island on...
365K 12.8K 79
Portgas D. Ace x [Female] Reader ••• Wanted for something you couldn't control. Something you were born with. At the age of 6, your village was raide...
3.8K 157 16
Marco the phoenix 1st division commander of the whitebeard pirates has always been a lonely man. even through he has his family and pops he still fee...
131K 5.9K 41
𝐇𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐝; 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲, 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐫𝐞𝐝; 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, 𝐃𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚...