Luffy's Past

By 2021Night

In the middle of the war between the marines and the Whitebeard pirates, a bright light appeared bring the st... More

Chapter 1 - Intro
Chapter 2 - Family
Chapter 3 - Hostage
Chapter 4 - Break
Chapter 5 - Core
Chapter 6 - The Will
Chapter 7 - Decision
Chapter 8 - Message
Chapter 9 - Abilities
Chapter 10 - Plan
Chapter 11 - Death
Chapter 12 - Darkness
Chapter 13 - Guiding Lights
Chapter 14 - Passing
Chapter 15 - Repeat
Chapter 17 - Free
Chapter 18 - Epilogue

Chapter 16 - Demon History

4.3K 99 0
By 2021Night

Many centuries ago, where devil fruits were first introduced. People worshipped those who had the power of the devil. They were gifted with the power of the fruit. They were mightier than the average human. They could do things other people couldn't. There was one person in a village in the East Blue, who was worshipped like a god.

He was a person who ate the devil fruit that allowed to give people abilities. Abilities that he could give and take. He was the one who blessed a certain island and its people with an ability. In the island's history, he was recognized as the first chief, even though he wasn't. The name of the man was Kei.

He had messy white hair and yellow eyes. Thanks to the devil fruit he ate, his appearance changed a bit, making him look a bit godly.

When he was five, he ate the giba-giba no mi (giver giver fruit) which gave him a godly ability. He was treated like a god, while he had a twin brother. The brother was treated as his servant, a slave to his brother. His name was Kai.

Kai had black straight hair and orange eyes. Nearly the opposite of his twin. They both used to look like that, but it was only Kai now. They were both the same age, 17, yet they were treated so differently. Kei was in the spotlight, while Kai was in the shadows.

"Kai!" Shouted Kei as he was running over to his brother with their parents behind him. Kei had wonderful clothes, though they were outdated, as they were centuries in the past. "Kai! Do you want to play with me?"

Kai turned around. He had rags that were stitched up with patches of clothes. He looked at the expressions of his parents, which were looking at him in disgust. Their parents only cared for one of them, Kei. They only cared for him, since he was getting all the attention, but they were disgusted in Kai. Thinking that he was just a failure. They didn't want a failure to hang out with their perfect son.

Kai shook his head. "Sorry Kei, but I have to do the chores."

Kei pouted. "But you're always doing chores. Why won't you play with me?"

"I'm sorry, but I have to." Kai responded. "I have to hunt for dinner as well. Why don't you head back and play with someone else?"

"But!" Kei tried to protest, but their parents interrupted them.

"Kei, we have to head back. The villagers would also want to see you." Their mother said nicely with a smile plastered across her face, which made the orange-eyed boy sick.

Kei sighed and replied, "Ok."

It was Kei's normal routine to meet villager every day and give at least one ability to one of them every day. It was tiring and by this point, Kei knew the names of everyone in the village. Kei turned around and smiled at his brother. "I have to see you later Kai. I hope you can play with me later."

Kai smiled back slightly and nodded. Kei left with their parents, and they didn't leave the chance to give Kai a disgusted glance when Kei wasn't looking. Once they were gone, Kai did all his chores. Washing the dishes, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, making the beds, cooking the dishes. It was all done by the teen. It was tiring, but the boy was used to it.

Once all of that was done, Kai sighed and wiped some sweat from his forehead. He looked at the clock and saw it was probably time for him to start to hunt for their dinner. It was his favourite part of the day.

Quickly grabbing his weapons, he headed towards the forest near the village. He strolled through the forest and saw a tree. The tree had a X mark on it. On top of the tree was a girl. She had long wavy brown hair and bright blue eyes. She was the same age as him and was his only friend.

"Kai!" She called out as she jumped down from the tree. "Took you long enough!"

"Sorry Aiko. I had the chores to do, you know."

The girl named Aiko huffed. "You should just run away from home. I mean, how could they let you do all that by yourself!"

Kai chuckled. "It's fine and if I did want to run away, where am I going to go? The great Kei, can't just lose his servant."

"Well, he should."

"You know it's not his fault." Kai said. "He's been kept in the dark."

"Still!" Exclaimed the brunette. "He's stupid not to realize what your parents are doing to you!"

Kai sighed. "Like I said, it's fine. If he's happy and your happy, then I'm happy."

Aiko smiled. "You're to nice and forgiving Kai. You should hate your parents. The Great Kei's wicked and depressing brother my ass."

"Oh, I do." Kai nodded as they both walked to hunt. He hates his parents, but if they would apologize, he would probably learn to forgive them. "Moving that aside, what are we hunting today?"

Aiko grinned and played with her bow. "I'm thinking deer, but crocodile meat doesn't sound too bad as well."

"I say deer. We had crocodile meat yesterday."

"Ok."

The two teens ran through the forest looking for a deer and once they found one, they hid, making sure not to make a sound. Aiming her bow, Aiko was in position to kill it. All she was waiting for was Kai to get in his position to make sure it doesn't escape.

She looked over at Kai and he gave her the thumbs up, she shot the deer. She missed it, but Kai was there with his spear. He jumped out and stabbed the deer. It fell onto the ground, lifelessly.

"Aw man." Whined Aiko as she got out of her hiding spot. "I thought I had it."

Kai snickered. "Well, you didn't. You're still a newbie."

"Hey! I'm still learning how to use the bow! I'm better at spear, but you kept on getting your target making me bored of having nothing to do!" Aiko yelled with shark teeth.

Kai shrugged and mocked her. "I'm just that good, unlike a certain someone I know."

Aiko smacked him on the head, and he laughed. Aiko chased him around, but Kai made sure that she wouldn't catch up with him. It was getting dark, and Kai still needed to make dinner for his family, so they stopped playing tag and headed back to the tree.

Once they were at the tree, they parted ways. Aiko was Kai's only friend because others weren't allowed to be his friends. If they were, they would be accused of trying to kill the Great Kei, as Kai was a failure and his parents wanted him to stay that way. To protect Aiko, they would only talk when they were in the forest and not the village.

Kai was the one had the dear, as he was the only one out of the two who should be hunting. Aiko would get out by saying she was going to play. They have known each other for 10 years. She helped him when he was struggling, and he helped her. He only showed his true self to her, as no one else wanted to be near him.

Returning to his house, he was met with his parents. Their disgusted gazes were on him. They pulled him into the house and close the door. The deer on his back was thrown on the floor and Kai was up against the wall.

"Where were you?" Demanded his mother.

"I was hunting in the forest." He simply answered.

"It wouldn't take that long to hunt for a deer." His father said. "What were you doing?"

"I was hunting." Kai repeated. "It was harder to find the deer."

His mother slapped her hand across Kai's face. It stung, but it was nothing. After all, they had beaten him up when they wanted to punish him or get their anger out. "It took too long, be faster."

Kai apologized. "Sorry mother. It won't happen again."

"It better not." She spat and walked away from the kid, heading back into the room Kei was in. Her mood changed so quickly that you wouldn't know that she was angry a second ago.

Kai's father was still with him. He leaned closer to the kid to reach his ear. He whispered, "You may have fooled your mother, but you haven't fooled me, boy. I will find out what you are hiding."

The father stood up straight and strolled out of the room they were in, but he gave a glance towards the teen. Once Kai could be sure that they both were with Kei, he sighed out a breath of relief. He was managed to get away this time without a beating, but he wondered if he could next time.

He shook his head, bringing him back into reality. He had to get dinner ready, so he did.

After a few weeks, things were normal, but Kai noticed that his brother was more tense with their parents, but he paid it no mind. It wasn't his business. Kai did all his chores and was nervous. He was going to go hunting and he planned the many years ago that he was going to confess.

You see, Kai had this huge crush on Aiko for a long time. He was turning 18 today with his brother, so he would be an adult. He thought it was a good time to confess and promised himself that he would on his 18th birthday, if he still liked the girl, which he did. So, it was time.

He was scared that Aiko might not accept, but even if he was going to reject him, he was going to do it. Live life with no regrets, right? He hoped he wasn't going to regret this.

When it was time for him to go hunting, he grabbed his spear and headed to the forest. While making his way to the forest, he passed through the village and noticed it was quiet. Too quiet. There was no one around or in their homes. Kai was getting bad feelings on this. Why would everyone in the village bee out? Shouldn't some be making dinner or still at work?

Not feeling good, Kai dashed to the forest and at the entrance of the forest, he smelt blood, a lot of it. That was definitely not a good sign. He sprinted through the forest and saw the X mark on the tree that he and Aiko made when they both decided to be friends. He was happy that everything seemed normal, but it dropped when he saw a crowd.

They were all facing towards a body. A bloody one. He saw the expression of his twin. It was one of pure horror. He had his hand covering his mouth with tears in his eyes, while the rest of the crowd were smiling or having a neutral expression.

"What's going on?" Asked Kai, too scared to hear the answer.

His father turned to him and opened his arms. "We found out your secret Kai! You were planning to kill Kei with your friend, huh?"

"What?" Kai paled, not wanting to think of the thought he was thinking.

"You know, we can't have you killing Kei now. He's a blessing from the gods. No, he is god himself!" Exclaimed the man. "To keep him alive, we told everyone in the village, and we all agreed that killing her would be the best thing to do."

"H-her?" Kai stuttered. "You-you didn't"

His mother gave a sickening smile. "Oh, but we did."

Kai rushed at them with the spear in his hands, trying to move towards the bloody body. Once he got there, he could see clearly who it was. Aiko.

Kai crouched down and dropped his spear. He held the girl in his arms with tear in his eyes. Bring her close to him, he hugged her and none of the villagers got close. If they did, he would give them a glare.

"Aiko? Aiko?! Can you hear me?"

Aiko slowly opened her eyes. There were multiple stab wounds on her body and blood running down her face. "K-kai?"

"Yeah, that's me." Kai answered with a tried smile. His tears were falling on his face, and he didn't want to hide it. "Please, don't leave me."

"I'm sorry Kai, but I'm not sure that I can do that." Aiko apologized in her weak voice. Then she gave a weak chuckle trying to lighten the mood. "But, hey! I know you're not a wicked and depressing brother."

"Not funny."

"Hey, Kai. I have something I want to say, that I've been wanting to tell you for a while." Aiko smiled. "You know, at the start I believed those rumours about you, for that I'm sorry. But after getting to know you, I knew it was all false. After spending more time with you, seeing your funny side, brave side, and weak side, I started to fall for you."

Kai's eyes widened. Aiko continued. "I know you might not feel the same about me, but I don't want to leave here with regrets. Kai, I love you."

Kai started to tear more. He hugged Aiko tightly and replied, "I love you too, Aiko. I was planning on confessing to you today, but this-this happened. I love you too Aiko, so please don't leave me."

Tear slid down Aiko's cheek. "At least I know you feel the same." She smiled and lifted her hand to pull his head towards hers. Their lips touched each other, and she closed her eyes, while Kai's were open, but he closed them shut.

After their kiss, Aiko started to black out and she whispered her last words. "I love you..."

There in Kai's arms was the lifeless body of his lover. Dead because of his parents. Because of hiss crazy parents and the villagers. For what? Abilities? Wanting to make him suffer? To see him in despair?

Kei cried along with his friends. They knew that Kai wasn't mean or cruel. He was just like them. A kid, a kid who fell in love only to lose her because of their parents. The adults were laughing and mocking Kai, which only built up his hatred and anger.

As Kai stared at the dead body of his lover, his mother had walked up to Kei and grabbed him by the hair. She smiled wickedly and threw him to the ground. Kei looked up at his parents and the adults. His friends were frozen as they all looked into their eyes. It was filled with greed. They were power hungry and wanted more power.

"Kei, be a good boy and give this island and its people abilities." His mother ordered. "Or you and your friends are dead."

She looked at the crowd and they all grabbed the children with pulling out daggers to their necks. The children had tears in their eyes, giving Kei begging eyes to do as they say. They didn't dear to move, and their breaths were shaky. Kei had rivers of tears coming from his eyes.

He was blind not to see what the adults wanted the most. Kei gave in and placed his shaky hands on the ground. He chanted the blessing.

"There shall be blessings.
Blessings for the island and its people.
Abilities to those from this island to become greater humans
Humans that shall become great beings."

There was a white glow, and it engulfed the whole island. All the adults were smiling, pleased by what they have all gained. Kei cried and the rest of the kids were set free. All of them huddled together while the adults were checking out their new abilities, but something was happening.

Those who had an ability before the blessing started to yell in pain. They clenched their heads are blood was coughing up int the air. That happened for a few seconds, then they would collapse onto the ground, lifelessly.

The kids backed away from the bodies in fright, while Kai was still holding his lover in his arms with a neutral expression. He never once lifted his eyes up to see what was going on. Anger was there. Hatred was there. And they both consumed him.

A voice was heard in his head. A deep and eerie voice. It was telling him to get up and get revenge. Punish those who had wronged him.

"Punish them. Make them suffer." The voice whispered. "Take my deal. Become a demon who kills everyone on this island. Get revenge."

"Accepting your deal will give me power to kill them?"

"Yes, just agree and you can do everything. Kill those who come this island. They have wronged you and your lover. Kill them."

Kai closed his eyes. He was accepting it. He was too forgiving, just like Aiko said. It's time to change and stand up for himself. "I accept the deal. Make me a demon, who will be feared."

All of a sudden, a black aura surrounded him. His appearance started to change of those of a demon. He grew horns, tails, and wings. Covered in darkness, representing his hatred and anger, he stood up gently placing Aiko down. The new demon faced all his peers with anger.

He pitied his twin, but he wasn't going to let him off the hook. Snapping his fingers, swords appeared and aimed to all those villagers. Some were still alive, as they didn't have two abilities, which didn't burn their insides.

Most of them dodged, but those who didn't ended up getting stabbed multiple times, just like Aiko was. Kai smiled at hearing their screams and despair. It made him whole. Seeing those stuck-up adults screaming in pain and crying out for him to stop, satisfied him.

As Kai continued, the group of children were terrified. Kei looked at his brother in horror and pity. He blamed himself for being so blind to his twins suffering. He had to stop him from killing the people. If the last confession he made to Aiko was true, then he knew that Aiko could be the one to stop him. But she had died. It was up to him to stop his brother. It was the last thing he could do for Aiko.

She probably didn't want Kai to be like this. She would want him to live happily and move on. The lady would have been saddened by Kai's actions. To Kei, stopping Kai was like repaying Aiko for all the joy she had brought into Kai's depressing life.

Kei strengthened his resolve and got up.

"Kei? What are you doing!?" Asked a girl with short indigo hair and violet eyes.

"I have to save him Iris." Kei responded. "Aiko wouldn't want this. We have to save him."

The girl named Iris looked at the boy in sadness. A male with aqua hair and ocean green eyes named Leon asked, "Kei... we can't save him. He is already lost. The only way to set his soul free is to...kill him. You know that right?"

Kei was silent but a girl with green hair and yellow eyes named Ivy spoke up. "We can't kill him. He's a demon! We must have something holy, which is not Kei, since he is just a human like us. How are you even going to kill him?!"

"We have to summon an angel." Stated an orange haired boy with red eyes. "It is a thing that can only stop him now. Unless someone has a holy ability?"

"Ash, no has." Leon answered. "We have to summon an angel, but we have to distract Kai to do it. That being the case, what is everyone's ability."

Kei shrugged. "I probably got none. I am the one who gave the abilities anyway."

Iris raised her hand and said, "I have control over the wind."

"Really?" Ivy asked. "I've got control of the earth."

"Why is this going elemental?" Asked Ash. "I have fire."

Leon confirmed. "Yep, this is going elemental. I've got water."

They all looked at Kei. "Is this intentional?"

Kei shook his head quickly and made an X sigh with his arms. "I promise that I never chose your abilities."

Leon sighed. "Well, we have to work with this. Ivy, do you know anyway to summon an angel?"

The green haired girl shook her head. "Nope. How should I know? Maybe Kei can give a piece of piece the ability to summon angels?"

"Could that work?" Iris questioned.

"We never know until we try." Ash replied with a smirk and pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. "Kei, do your thing!"

"WHAT!?" Kei whispered-screamed to make sure not to grab his twin's attention. They were hiding behind huge rock while Kai was killing off the adults, which they tried to fight back. "I've never done this before! What happens if the paper breaks, since it wasn't able to contain the power?"

"I'll get more." Volunteered Iris. "You just have to do it and we all will be saved."

Ivy gave her a look. "Do we really want to save those people who just want Kei's power and nearly killed us to have it? Aren't they the ones who killed Aiko, making Kai into a demon who wants to kill all of us and putting us in this situation? I mean if they didn't than this situation wouldn't be happening right now."

"Don't be sassy Ivy." Leon groaned. "They might be the ones who started this situation, but we can't turn back time. They're also our parents, so we have to save them."

"Can we wait for all of them to be killed first, then save the world?" Ash asked, siding with Ivy.

Iris nodded. "I rather do that than save them. Look at Kai! He has been suffering for who knows long and then they just kill his only happiness."

Leon frowned and pinched his brows. He agreed with them, but the right thing to do is save them. Knowing how the three were, he knew that he couldn't change their minds, but maybe Kei could.

"I think we should save them." Kei stated, which raised a brow.

"Why?"

Kei explained. "They should have the second chance to change. We can teach them how to be, um... not power hungry? I don't know, but point is, they should be allowed to live. Give them a second chance, ya know?"

The other four looked at each other and just sighed. If that's what their leader wants, then they must obey it. They all nodded and smiled.

"Ok, here's the plan." Leon announced. "We will all distract Kai until the piece of paper is ready and Kei, do focus on the task at hand. That's the plan. Weaken him and let Kei do his thing. Also, Iris, if Kei needs more paper, you need to make sure that he has some."

Iris mocked a salute. "Yes sir."

"Is the plan also clear for everyone else?" Leon asked.

They all gave him mocked salutes as well. "Yes sir."

Leon gained a ticked mark on his head, but just sighed. "Well, then. Let's get started."

Ivy created an earth wall and one by one, all of them dashed out of their hiding spots. Kei stayed behind the rock, trying to focus on his task and he started. The rest were looking around and only saw about ten adults left. The others were dead, bleeding on the ground with stab wounds.

Ash threw fire balls towards Kai with every intention of killing him, but it just burned him, which Kai only healed himself back. Iris controlled the wind and moved those dead bodies and those who were still alive to the side, making sure that they weren't in the way of the battle.

Ivy made spikes out of the earth and pierced Kai, which he screamed out in pain, but broke the spikes to pull them out. He healed himself quickly and created earth spikes on his own, sending them to Iris. Noticing this, the indigo haired girl chanted her ability.

"Wind: Blade."

Multiple wind blades were in the air, cutting down any earth spikes coming her way. She even sent some towards Kai, cutting off his arms. Cursing to himself, Kai healed his arms, but Ash jumped in with a fire lance. He charged up to the demon and fought with it. Leon was on the sides with his water bow, shooting water arrows whenever he got the chance.

Ivy made twin swords from the earth and pulled it out from the ground. She joined Ash and they both charged at the demon. Kai clicked his tongue and controlled the dead corpses of the people he had killed. They all raised, making Iris and the rest of the survivors back away from them. Slowly, they all stood up.

Kei smiled and ordered. "Kill everyone here."

The corpses rushed into battle, fighting hand combat and with weapons. They couldn't use their abilities, as they were already dead their blessing was gone. It was a shame, but at least he had the advantage of numbers on his side now.

Scanning over the battlefield, Kai noticed that his beloved twin brother wasn't in the battle. As the group of four were fighting their best to get away from the undead, Kai spotted a glowing white light, which he recognized as his brother's.

Leon was firing arrows and saw Kai looking a different direction. He looked the same way, only to find that Kai was looking at a slightly glowing rock. Leon's eyes widened and he rushed towards the boulder. He got slashed by spears, but he didn't care. His friend was in danger, and he wasn't going to just stand by and do nothing.

"KEI!"

The said person looked over his shoulder and smiled. He was sweaty, but he did it. he asked Iris for more paper during the battle, but after a few attempts, he did it. He was also panting, but he was smiling. He didn't notice the multiple swords and spears heading his way.

Leon cursed under his breath and summoned water to surround the ability giver, protecting him from the blades. Once Kei noticed the blades, he jumped back, and Leon picked him up. Leon ran away from the blades, but they were still on their trail.

"What the hell?!"

"Pay attention!" Leon scolded. "We're in a battle with a demon!"

"I thought you said you wanted me to focus on getting this piece of paper ready!?" Kei exclaimed while showing Leon the piece of paper with a white glow. It had a complex magic circle written with black lines. "Anyway, it's complete, though I don't know how to make it work."

"What would summon an angel?" Leon thought out loud. "Has to be something close to summoning a demon. Wait, Kei remember that legend? About the D clan?"

"Yeah." Kei answered. He thought back. "The D clan started from a demon. The demon loved a human, but since he was a demon, enemy of the gods and angels, he couldn't be with that human normally. But he turned himself into a human, marrying his lover. Then, bam. That was the origin of the D clan."

Leon nodded. "Right but remember when he died. He didn't want his descendants to be in any danger that might kill them all, so he created a magic circle like that one to summon a demon. Too bad the paper was destroyed so that we would never summon a demon. We really need it now, but oh well. Anyway, the only condition to make it work was to-"

Kei cut him off and exclaimed, "Spill come blood from a person who had the blood of D. in them!"

Leon grinned. "That's right. Out of all of us, the only people who has the D. blood alive is, you, Tiger D. Kei, Ash, Monkey D. Ash and Iris, Gol D. Iris."

"I'll do it." Kei volunteered. "We are stopping my brother after all."

Leon nodded. He told the whole group to regroup. The rest of the adults left to go to a safe place while leaving kids to fight their battle. Ivy created an earth dome, which had barriers around it, so it wouldn't break.

"You've done it?" Asked an injured Ash. He was bleeding from the scratches he got from the blades, along with Ivy since they both went to do close combat. Iris was also bleeding, as she was trying to keep the undead from those two, since it was their jo to weaken Kai. Ash looked at the paper in Kei's hand and smirked. "Good job, but have you figured out how to use it?"

Leon nodded. "Yeah. I thought that it had to be similar to how you would summon a demon. To use the blood of D."

Iris sighed, knowing it was always something to do with the bloodline which was cursed by the gods. "So, we just wipe our blood with the paper?"

Kei shook his head. "We'll be using my blood."

"Why?!" Iris questioned. "My blood had already spilt and Ash's as well! Why hurt yourself!?"

Kei explained. "The person who summons the angel should have control over it and if you or Ash summon it and tell them to fight, I will feel useless. Use your energy to fight. I have energy, but I know I can't fight like you guys, so using my energy for this better."

They all could do nothing but sigh. Iris threw her hands in the air and said, "Fine, do what you want. But be careful Kei."

The giver nodded and asked for something sharp. Ivy made a dagger from the earth and handed it to him. Then she pulled down the dome, revealing themselves to Kai. The elemental ability users guarded their giver as he cut himself and let his blood drip down onto the paper.

"What are you doing?" Questioned Kai as he stared at the piece of paper his twin was holding. "Why did Kei cut himself and let it drip on a piece of paper?"

"That's none of your business Kai." Stated Ash as he created lances of fire.

"Oh, but it is." Kai replied. "He's my twin brother. But enough talk, let's dance!"

The undead rushed towards the group and making all of them curse under and a bit disgusted. Iris blew them all a few meters, but they always stood up and came back. They all jumped into battle with Leon staying with Kei, supporting the close combat with Iris from afar.

"Any minute now Kei." Shouted Ivy. "Like, maybe now."

"I'm trying!" Yelled back Kei.

The white glow shone brighter and the magic circle, which was on the paper, appeared on the ground. A tower of light shot through the sky as the figure appeared. It had white wings and halo over his head. It descended the earth with a white light. He was a holy angel, who was under the command of Tiger D. Kei. Even though the angels and the gods didn't want to let a D to command something as holy as an angel, they had no choice in the matter. If they wanted to get rid of the demon, they would have to.

"You, who have summoned me, what do you wish for?" The angel asked.

Kei looked up with determined eyes and answered, "I wish to defeat my brother."

The angel was silent as he looked through Kei's eyes. Once knowing that Kei telling the truth, he introduced himself. "I, Michael will give you my strength for your wish."

Kei smiled and commanded, "Join with me, so we can fight together in this battle."

Michael nodded and went up to the human. He placed his hand out and Kei grabbed it. all who were watching were silent as a bright white shone throughout the island. They all had to close their eyes to protect their eyes, but once they opened them again, they no longer saw two figures, but one.

They had successfully merged into one. The figure had white hair and golden eyes. The golden eyes was the will of D. Kei was determined to set his brothers spirit free. The will strengthen both him and the angel, but mostly him. The figure also had 3 pairs of wings. 6 in total. His clothes were different from the ones he was wearing before, and the figure had a weapon in his hand.

"Kei?" Leon asked trying to see who was in control.

The figure turned towards the water user. "Yeah? Did it work? What do I look like? Why do I have 6 wings? I can help you fight now!"

Kei rambled and the group sighed, knowing that it was Kei in control. Leon smacked his head to gain his attention, which he did.

"Nice to know you're Kei, but we have to kill Kai remember?" Leon reminded. "Let's finish this."

"Right!"

They all rushed at Kai at once to do one mass attack. They all shouted their chants and their abilities fired at the demon.

"Water: Bullets!"

"Fire: Lasers!"

"Earth: Spikes!"

"Wind: Blades!"

"Holy Light!"

An explosion set off and the heroes backed up. Once all the dust was cleared, it revealed a beaten-up demon. He yelled in pain, but he healed himself. He couldn't heal what the holy light did to him, but he healed the other attacks.

Kai grumbled and shook the island. The sea level was raising along with the earth. There were explosions and wind pressure, but Kai was glowing a dark aura. It wasn't going to be good. He snapped his fingers and beams, lasers, blades, rocks, and spikes were all firing towards the group.

"Split up!" Ordered Leon as they all went in their own direction.

The dodged all the attacks, but they got harmed in the process. Everything was going at a fast pace. There was no stopping. Getting hit and dodging was only making them tired, but luckily, Kei was listening to Michael's instructions.

"You must use holy barrier to make sure that the demon can't leave the island." Michael demanded.

"Is there a condition on using it, like how holy light took some of my energy?" Asked Kei while watching and dodging all the attacks.

Michael stayed quiet for a second, but answered, "Yes, but it won't take your energy. The only cost it does is that no one can leave the island, just like the demon. Both you and your friends will be trapped on the island."

"..." Kei thought about the condition, but it was better than dying here. "Fine, let's do it."

Kei chanted the spell for the barrier as he raised a hand up to the air.

"Cover this island.
To make sure that nothing escapes and causes suffering.
I chant thee spell to make sure that nothing leaves.
Especially evil and the wicked.
To protect the pure and innocent.
Holy barrier!"

A huge invisible dome covered the island, making sure that Kai wasn't going to escape and do any damage to those on the outside. It was visible as it covered the island but turned transparent once it was done.

"What now?" Questioned Kai as he flew, dodging all those in his way. He yelped out in pain as the laser went through his leg, but he was still able to continue to fight. "Michael, what now? Quick!"

"You have to attack him." The angel said. "With holy attacks that is. It will just take your energy, but you have to save some energy to cast the final spell to finish him off."

"Got it."

Kei looked down to see his friends attacking Kai. They all were bleeding and were injured. Leon had both his left leg and left shoulder been pierced through by the laser, Ash had lost an arm, while Ivy lost a leg. Though both replaced them by using their abilities. Iris some how didn't get any injuries so far. But lasers did scrape her skin.

"Guys! I'm going to attack!" Kei shouted as they looked at him and nodded, making their way away from the demon, not wanting to get caught up in the blows. "Holy light! Holy blades!"

Multiple lights and white blades came out of the clouds, and all aimed towards the demon. Kai cursed as he dodged multiple of them. Kei continued to bring them down, but it was costing him his energy. Kai managed to get hit a lot of times. He collapsed to the ground, but he was still alive.

Ivy controlled the earth to hold him, while Iris helped her and pushed the wind to pressure him. There were also water and fire chains keeping him on the ground.

He roared in frustration and Kei came down, panting. He walked up with a tired expression. All his friends looked at him with a sad smile. It was time. It was time to end this and kill the person he had a heart of forgiveness. It was time to kill Kai.

They all looked at him in pity as Kei raised his arm back at the sky. He yelled called for a holy sword that could purify his twin. He used the last bit of his energy to summon the thing and lined it up to Kai's throat. The 6-winged angel hesitated, but that moment Kai broke free from the restrains, pushing all of them back.

Kai wasn't done with his goal. He had to kill everyone one the island and those who had those cursed abilities. The gods were disappointed in Kei for not killing his brother when he clearly had the chance. It was all because of the pity feelings he held for his brother. That caused the hesitation.

"Why did you hesitate?" Michael asked Kei as he gathered himself up. "I thought that you wanted to set free your brother's spirit."

Kei responded. "I know, but... I can't he was once human before and was my brother. I couldn't just kill him, ya know?"

Michael sighed. Kei didn't have enough energy to kill Kai, but if he let things as it was, Kai was going to destroy the village and kill everyone. The angel thought of an idea, but it was a huge cost for Kei.

He spoke of his idea. "Kei, you don't have enough energy to kill him anymore, but you can stop him by sealing him."

"Fine, I'll do that. It should save the others, right?" Kei replied. "How do I do that? You said that I don't have enough energy to kill Kai, so how would I seal him?"

"You... have to use your life energy." Michael answered. "Meaning, once you do this, you will lose your life."

"..." Kei was silent. It was better than having to kill his brother with his own hands and it was to save his friends. He didn't care that he had to die for it. "That's ok. Just tell me how to seal him."

Michael sighed. He admired how the child could throw away his life to save his friends, but it was his emotions that caused him to hesitate to kill the demon. Michael explained how to do it and Kei nodded to all the instructions.

He yelled out once more to alert his friends of what he was going to do. "Guys! I'm going to finish this, so please back away."

They all looked at their friend once more and nodded. They backed away to the X scarred tree. Kei summoned the sword that he called for the purifying of the demon and lifted it up to the sky. A light hit him, and the sky cleared. There were no clouds or anything really.

Kei looked at Kai straight in the eye and smiled sadly with tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry Kai for not noticing your pain. I'm really sorry. I hope you can forgive me one day."

Then Kei brought the sword to point at his twin. The light moved over to him, and it burned him, but it didn't disappear. He was turning into stone. Kai screamed as he tried to get the stone off him, but it was no use. It continued to spread.

Kei flew down and collapsed. He watched his brother as he completely turned to stone and his friends rushed over to him.

"Kei! What did you do?!" Asked Leon as they all stared at him as he was fading. Golden flakes were coming off him and he was turning into nothing. "What is this?!"

"I sealed him." Kei answered with a smile. "Now you can be safe."

Ash questioned. "We know that, but what did you do to yourself!?"

"Oh this? I used my life energy to seal him. I couldn't kill him. He is my brother, but I should be the one to seal him, if I can't kill him." Kei replied.

"You're so stupid!" Shouted Ivy with tears in her eyes. "You knew you were going to die if you did this? Who would do such a thing?"

Kei chuckled. "Sorry, but we, no I should say you, have bright futures ahead. I already put up a barrier for the people from this island can't leave and I feel like I trapped you. It's karma I guess."

Iris wiped her tears and said, "Is there anything else we need to know before you're gone?"

"I know that one day that Kai will be released one day, but I hope that it will never happen. Keep the piece of paper and Kai could only be freed by the blood of D." Kei told them. "Also, I wish that no one will be treated like Kai had been, or else you would have another demon on your hands."

"Got it chief." Iris joked.

Kei looked at her. "Chief? Really?"

"Well, you are the Great Kei."

Kei groaned. "Whatever, if you're calling me chief, then I appoint the new chief, Leon."

"What?! Why?!" The said person exclaimed.

"You're the one who was more of the leader of this group. But I don't know if you will keep your last name, as you're going to marry Iris, right?" Kei teased. "I think the last name Gol is better than Lelen, don't you think?"

Ivy joined in and agreed. "Great Kei has spoken. You shall be wed!"

Kei groaned. "I told you not to call me that. If you call me that, then I call you all titles as well, since we are the heroes who saved the island. So, what about Wind blade Iris, Water bow Leon, Fire lance Ash and Earth spike Ivy?"

"YOU JUST NAMED US AFTER OUR MOVES!"

Kei laughed. "What else am I going to call you? The elemental heroes?"

"That's actually not bad." Commented Iris. "We'll call ourselves that, while we call you the Great angel Kei!"

"That's even worse!" Kei complained.

"You're the one who said you didn't want to be called Great Kei, so now you're The Great Angel Kei." Ash announced.

Kei pouted. "You guys are mean. But anyway. Make sure to record all the thing down, so the group who is fighting the demon next time will know what to do. You should also include the will of D. as well."

"Yes chief."

Kei didn't bother to correct them, as he was almost faded away. He was going soon, and he knew that his friends were going to change the island for the better.

"I'm going to go now." Kei said with a smile. "I hope that I won't be seeing you anytime soon."

"Yeah, you can bet on it." Ash cheered with tears in his eyes. He put on a smile, showing that they were going to be okay without him. He didn't need to worry about them. They were all going to tell the tale.

Ivy said, "We won't miss you, since we know that you will be watching over us anyway. You'll always be near."

"Don't start causing trouble in the afterlife." Scolded Iris. "If you do, we have to be the one who cleans up your mess when we get there."

"We will never forget you Kei and we promise that we will change the island, so that no one will have to become a demon." Leon stated.

Giving them a last smile, Kei replied, "Thanks guys. I'll see you later."

Kei disappeared from the world, leaving his friends to sob in silence. They looked back at the now stone demon and looked at it in pity. All of them looked at Ivy and she nodded. Using her ability, she created a cave to hide the demon from the eye.

They all left the area, never forgetting the battle and blood shed from that day. From then, the story was told, but along the way it twisted. Forgetting about the suffering of the kid named Kai and the horrible lesson of human greed.

Kai was left alone in that cave with the spirits of Aiko and Kei to keep him company.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.9K 20
Luffy, Ace, and Sabo grew up together on Dawn island. But by the unfortunate tempts of fate, happened to visit Makino when a Celestial Dragon decided...
6.1K 125 22
โ”Šโœง*๏ฝก โœฏโ”Šโ˜ชโ‹†โœง*๏ฝก โ”Š แด‹แด‡ษดษขษด๊œฑแด›แด‡ แด›สœแด‡ ษชษด๊œฐแด€แดแดแดœ๊œฑ แด„แดœส€๊œฑแด‡แด… แด˜ษชส€แด€แด›แด‡ แด€๊œฑ สœแด‡ ษช๊œฑ แด‹ษดแดแดกษด ๊œฐแดส€ แด›สœแด‡ แดแด€ส€ษชษดแด‡๊œฑ, ๊œฑแด‡แด›๊œฑ ๊œฑแด€ษชสŸ ษดแด‡xแด› แด›แด สŸแดœ๊œฐ๊œฐส แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฑแด›ส€แด€แดก-สœแด€แด›๊œฑ ส™แดœแด›. - - - - แดกษชสŸสŸ สœแด‡ ๊œฐ...
1.4K 73 6
Their little brother disappeared for months and came back stronger. It was strange. Luffy didn't remember anything and thought he had a long dream. G...
365K 12.8K 79
Portgas D. Ace x [Female] Reader โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข Wanted for something you couldn't control. Something you were born with. At the age of 6, your village was raide...