Lone Came The Devil

By SamiMikaelson

AU starting at Caroline's Birthday. Klaus saves Caroline to get his plans in motion. She was supposed to be n... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter Eighteen

477 24 18
By SamiMikaelson

Caroline took another deep breath, trying to calm her nerves.

It was strange, really. When did she start pursuing him instead of the other way around? How did she get from pushing him away to standing in front of his bedroom door in the middle of the night? Again.

Finally, gathering her courage, she knocked on his door. She didn't know what she had expected, but it certainly wasn't a shirtless Klaus.

Caroline gasped at the handsome man in front of her. He was wearing black sweatpants that hung dangerously low on his waist, his v-line clearly visible.

Her eyes wandered over his exposed torso, lingering shortly to admire his abs. She eyed the necklaces around his neck, wondering how it was possible for those simple items to increase her longing to touch him, grab those things and pull him closer to her.

Klaus' hair was stuck in every direction and a look of amusement plastered on his face.

Caroline bit her lip, realising that he must have seen the way she had shamelessly checked him out just now. Way to go, Caroline. Keep making a fool of yourself. She told herself.

"Good evening, love." Klaus said, his voice sounded low and tired.

"Hey." Caroline answered in a whisper, still not entirely over the view of his broad, naked chest.

"Do you want to come in?" Klaus asked, now back to being positively amused by the flustered young woman in front of him.

Caroline nodded, not trusting her voice yet.

Klaus moved aside, making room for her to enter his room.

"Have a seat, sweetheart." He told her, gesturing to the mantel in front of the fireplace.

They both sat down, not unlike the previous evening after Klaus had finally killed Mikael.

"So, do you mind telling me why you're knocking at my door in the middle of the night? Not that I'm complaining, of course." Klaus said, grinning.

"I couldn't sleep." She said, cursing inwardly at her incapability to focus on anything but the very naked chest next to her.

"Something is bothering you, then?" Klaus asked. He had noticed that Caroline kept glancing at his chest. He could always walk over to his wardrobe and pull on one of his shirts, but where would the fun in that be?

Klaus enjoyed the fact that, for once, Caroline seemed unable to tear her eyes from him.

"Yes. But I don't know why I came to you." She lied. "I should probably go back to bed."

Caroline got up and made her way to the door before Klaus grabbed her wrist. She turned around and furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Tell me, love. What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" Klaus' hand reached out to caress her cheek softly.

He wouldn't let her get away this easy.
Caroline closed her eyes, enjoying his touch.

"I don't know why, but somehow I feel this weird pull towards you." She explained.

Ever since New Orleans she had somehow felt drawn to him. Some part of her wanted to blame the stupid bond. But the rational part of her brain told her that this was not the case.

If she was honest with herself, she had always felt it. Not that she would have ever acted on it before she got to know him. See the man behind the monster.

"I know it's not that stupid spell. I guess I have been drawn to you for a while now. I just didn't want to acknowledge it." She finished in a whisper.

Klaus had to fight hard not to grin at her like an idiot. His wolf side was howling in triumph right now.

"Are you sure that's what you feel like? It seems to me, you still haven't grasped the consequences of your actions, love." He told her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Seriously? Could he please just make up his mind? He was clear about the fact that he wanted her before. Why hesitate now that she was coming to him? It made no sense whatsoever!

"I'm not a high school boy, Caroline. If you give in to me, it will be final. You will have to understand that you are mine. There'd never be anyone else for you.

Are you ready for that kind of commitment? Or are you fooling yourself, and by extension me, because you still mourn your relationship with that little mutt?" Klaus asked.

Caroline took in a sharp breath. That was something she hadn't expected. She had always thought he'd just wanted her in his bed once, maybe twice, to work out the tension that was obviously between them.

And what exactly did Klaus mean when he said that she was to be his. Somehow Caroline had a hard time imagining that he meant for her to be his girlfriend. There was no way he wanted a serious relationship.

But what had really strung a cord with her was the last bit he had said. Was she still sad about what had happened with Tyler? And was she actually fooling herself?

Klaus could see Caroline's inner struggle.

"My point exactly, love. You are not ready. But I have no doubt that you will be. And I'll be waiting, however long it takes." Klaus took one of her hands in his, kissing it softly.

"Good night, sweetheart."

"Good night." Caroline answered and turned around. How the hell was she supposed to fall asleep now?

"Klaus?" Caroline whispered. Once again she found herself in his bedroom.

"Back again, love?" He asked, walking out of his bathroom.

Caroline's eyes widened. Klaus had freed himself off his sweatpants and was standing in front of her in nothing but boxer briefs and necklaces.

"About earlier." She started to say but was distracted as Klaus got closer.

He came to a halt in front of her, their bodies almost touching.

Klaus tilted his head, observing her like she was his prey. And maybe she was. But she couldn't find it in her to mind.

"I'm over Tyler." She stated and Klaus grinned, flashing his dimples.

Without another word he crashed his lips against hers and flashed her against a wall.

Smut warning

His hands were roaming her body and so were hers. Caroline felt on fire from his kisses, his touch and the feel of his skin on her hands.

Klaus pulled away to tear apart the top she was wearing, happy to find that she was deliciously naked underneath.

He took her in his arms once again and flashed them to his bed, throwing Caroline on the mattress.

"You have no idea how beautiful you are." Klaus stated before connecting his mouth with her nipple.

Caroline released a soft moan that clearly went straight to his groin. Judging by the growing bulge she felt against her core.

Caroline tried to free Klaus of his only remaining clothing, but he grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"Not yet, love." He told her and his head moved down her chest.

Klaus moved slowly, kissing every inch of her body he could touch. It was the sweetest kind of torture Caroline had ever had.

Finally, his head hovered over her core. Once again, Klaus took his time. Slowly he removed her panties before throwing them over his shoulder.

Klaus licked his lips and softly touched her clit with his thumb.

Caroline closed her eyes. The sight of Klaus between her legs alone almost made her come undone.

"Look at me." Klaus ordered as he put a finger inside her.

Caroline opened her eyes, moaning.

He kept pumping his finger inside her using his other hand to massage her breast and Caroline's moans got louder as she got closer to the edge.

Klaus grinned as he removed the finger only to put it in his mouth.

"So good." He moaned.

"Oh god!" Caroline exclaimed.

"Caroline?" Someone asked from next to them.

Her head snapped to the side.

"Tyler!" She yelled. How did he get in here? She wondered as she fought to cover herself up.

"What the hell, Caroline?" Tyler yelled.

"I.." She tried to explain. Looking around, she realised that Klaus was gone. What the hell? Why'd he leave her alone in a situation like this?

There was a knock on the door and Caroline wished she could just disappear. This was getting worse by the second.

Tyler seemed unaffected by the consistent knocking, flashing his teeth.

Smut warning over

"Caroline! Get your lazy ass out of bed!" Caroline's eyes snapped open, and she looked around the room confused.

A dream. It was only a dream. Caroline released a long sigh.

The door opened and revealed an annoyed Rebekah.

"Nik wants us all downstairs." She told her with a roll of her eye.

"Where's Josh?" Caroline asked. It was usually him who fetched her if Klaus needed something.

"His hybrid, you mean? He's out doing god knows what Nik's asked him to do. Now stop the questioning and get ready." The door was slammed shut again and Caroline groaned.

"Finally!" Rebekah said as Caroline entered the sitting room half an hour later.

Caroline rolled her eyes and sat next to Rebekah.

"Can we get this over with now? There are girls waiting to meet me outside this house, you know?" Kol whined.

"Waiting to run from you, you mean?" Rebekah snarled.

"No, I'm talking about girls desperate for a good time with a handsome bloke like me." Kol grinned.

"Oh, please." Rebekah huffed.

"Are you two quite done?" Klaus asked annoyed.

Caroline looked at him and felt a blush creep up her cheeks. She remembered her dream and the way he had felt against her.

Klaus eyed her curiously.

"As soon as you're done making goo goo eyes at our tasty guest." Kol answered.

"Will you shut up already, Kol?" Rebekah snapped.

Kol grinned but kept silent.

"Now, I'll be leaving as soon as Joshua gets back. I already talked to Rebekah about how things are to be handled while I'm gone. You'll stay with Caroline at all times." Klaus ordered.

"I'll volunteer to keep her safe at night." Kol interrupted with a wink in Caroline's direction.

Caroline looked at him mortified.

"Kol, one more word and I will tear out your tongue." Klaus threatened.

Kol's grin only widened in response.

"Rebekah, Kol you will accompany Caroline to school."

And just like that, Kol's grin disappeared.

"No way! I'm not going to school!" Kol complained.

"It's not up for discussion, Kol." Klaus told him.

"Great. First I'm stuck in a coffin for decades and now I have to go to a bloody school!" Kol threw his hands in the air.

"Also, Caroline isn't allowed to leave the mansion alone. There should be at least two of you with her." Klaus instructed.

"We got the concept, Nik." Rebekah huffed.

"Elijah, you're in charge. I believe that I can count on you?" He looked at his older brother.

Elijah had been quiet during their entire conversation. Caroline had a hard time figuring him out.

Rebekah was difficult but Caroline felt like she could deal with her. And Kol seemed to be a teenager that just found out about his love for women.

"Of course, brother." Elijah confirmed with a nod.

"Good. Any questions?" Klaus asked.

"Yes, when will you be back?" Rebekah asked.

"I hope to be back within 14 days." He answered.

"I hope you'll manage." Klaus said as soon as his siblings left the room.

"I can handle them." Caroline assured him.

"If there's anything you need, let them know." He told her.

"Sure." Caroline answered.

"And don't do anything stupid." Klaus advised.

Caroline just rolled her eyes.

"What was that look about earlier?" Klaus asked.

"Nothing!" Caroline replied quickly.

"Really?" Klaus asked grinning.

"Yep." Caroline tried to convince him.

"Maybe you'll tell me one day." Klaus mused.

"Yeah, however long it takes, right?" Caroline challenged.

"Something like that." Klaus smirked.

"Joshua is back." He announced, hearing the hybrid enter the mansion.

"Well, off you go then." Caroline said and looked down.

"Careful, love. I might just get the idea that you'll miss me." Klaus joked.

"Yeah, right!" Caroline lied.

"It's quite alright, love. I'll be back in no time." He said winking at her.

Klaus closed the distance between them and gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek.

"Take care, sweetheart." He said before leaving.

Caroline smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 1.1K 24
Caroline Forbes lives in Mystic Falls. She is a 2 year old vampire, stuck as a 17 year old girl for eternity. Mystic Falls is known for its supernatu...
338K 8K 19
"There was once another Mikaelson, and she was adored, bold, brave, too sarcastic for her own good, and, undoubtedly, the sibling to be most fond of...
819 50 25
Kehlani Jaqueson doesn't care much for her eternity stuck as a immortal. In fact, she despises it. But Kehlani wakes one day to find herself stuck in...
59.3K 1.9K 35
"It's you. It's always been you." . . . Caroline has always been living under a strict household. Her mom expects the best out of her meaning a brigh...