We the Weirdos

By somerandomhuman88

WARNING: This book will cause uncontrollable laughing. You have been warned. Character Quotes: "The key to su... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Lysander's POV
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven (Lysander's POV)
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Lysander's POV 2
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven (Lysander's POV)
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Those Sushi-Eating Monsters: Short Story
Bonjour is Spanish: Short Story Part 1

Chapter Twenty-Nine

55 10 58
By somerandomhuman88

As kids, we were stupid. As teens, we're still stupid. Guess what? As adults, we'll probably be stupid, too. It's not like we can do anything about it.

When he, sorry, WE, confessed to each other on the last week of fifth grade, I had given him my first kiss.

On the cheek, mind you.

Then, fast forward to the very last day of fifth grade, he moves away to a faraway land and drops back into my life 7 years later.

And here we are.

"I'm guessing you're thinking about... Mission Bubblegum?" He asked, cracking a slight smile.

"Yeah," I said. We literally named that week Mission Bubblegum because we were obsessed with bubblegum as elementary kids.

"I'm just saying... we were kids. It was just... I feel like I shouldn't say 'joke,' because what we had wasn't a joke. But I can't say it was deep or anything." He explained.

"Of course," I said softly, "I agree. But I do speak for both of us that none of those feelings exist anymore and they're in a ditch in Africa."

"Yeah," he agreed, smiling, "But maybe a ditch in Antarctica."

"Are there even ditches in Antarctica?" I asked.

"Dunno," He said, "But I've got to go. Just figured you'd prefer if I dropped by before the weekend ends rather than I go to school and you have a heart attack about my handsome self's return to Earth."

"Nice to see your ego hasn't inflated yet," I snorted, "Not that I'm surprised or anything."

There's something especially special about me and finding guys with large egos.

"I'll-" He started.

"Okay, okay, I get it now, you're leaving. Goodbyes for us take ten years, and I'd like to do something memorable in those ten years." I shoved him out of the door, "Seeya."

That went well.

Kinda.
________________

I regret being friends with Aiden really, really much.

Like really, really much.

How much exactly? I have no idea, but it's been confirmed that it is not a small amount.

(Only) About all the girls had a crush on Aiden. The teachers? Yeah, um, don't want to talk about that.

Of all people, AIDEN. I'm disappointed in all my peers.

He, the oblivious idiot he was, had absolutely NO idea, and brainlessly WAVED at ME. ME. WHY ME?

Let's just say 'earn a hundred thousand more enemies' was not on my bucket list nor any of my lists in general.

"Who was that guy?" Lysander asked rather angrily when he sat down at my lunch table.

"What guy?" I asked, fully aware he was talking about Aiden, "And why are you mad?"

"I'm mad," He said, "because I have the right to be mad." Man, he was fuming (not to say annoying as well).

"Uh-huh," I agreed cautiously, thinking about how awesome it was to keep my head attached to my body. I'd enjoy it if I kept it that way. I wondered if Lysander knew how to decapitate people. Actually, I don't really want to know. He can keep that to himself.

"The guy with that clown-looking hair," He described, "And goofy face, prancing around like a donkey."

"Oh," I said, pretending to not know the whole time, "You mean Aiden?"

"If he fits the description, then yes." He said.

"Who fits the description?" A familiar voice asked behind me.

"Speak of the devil," Lysander snorted, "Literally. Beware, Julia, he might be related to some evil greek monster-"

I elbowed him. "I think that's enough," I coughed awkwardly.

"You still haven't answered my question," Aiden said bluntly.

"YOU fit the description of the heart attack-causing, goofy-faced, annoying weirdo." I snapped. I was getting really annoyed with him really quickly.

Lysander grumbled, "Finally."

Yet Aiden didn't seem offended to the least. "You forgot 'absolutely the best looking guy in the history of the world.' And for your information, I gave you a heart attack because of my good looks." He crossed his arms.

"She left that out on purpose," Lysander muttered, "because it's not true."

Aiden took a look at Lysander's grumpy face and his massive height before coughing and said, "I think I should go now... nice to meet you." He flashed a fearful smile before walking away really, really quickly.

"You scared him away-" Lysander cut me off.

"I didn't want him here." He said stubbornly.

"You didn't let me finish, you peanut-sized brain idiot! I didn't want him here either. He already barged in my house yesterday!"

"He did?" Lysander raised an eyebrow.

Something in his voice told me that I shouldn't have said that.

"Uh-huh," I replied cautiously. I'm really grateful I have a head now.

"And what did he do?" He questioned.

He asked more questions than my dad did!

"Tell me he was back from wherever he moved..." I replied.

Lysander narrowed his eyes at me before dropping the topic (thankfully).
___________________

"Let's cut to the chase," Lysander said, clapping his hands, "Are you and Addison dating?"

"Who's Addison?" I asked.

"Goofy face guy." He replied.

"Oh, Aiden? Of course not! What do you think in this small brain of yours?" I asked poking his left temple. "Oh, wait!" I said, "Nothing!"

Yes. I was in an interrogating session with the one and only Lysander Spooner.

Well, other than the other Lysander Spooner that died a billion years ago.

"It seems like you two are very close," He said rather loudly, walking around me in circles.

"Yeah," I agreed, "AND THAT'S BECAUSE WE TOTALLY DIDN'T GROW UP TOGETHER OR ANYTHING!" I yelled louder than him.

I really hope his basement's walls are soundproof. Don't want to scare away the chipmunks.

"Wait!" He exclaimed, "Why haven't you told me this before?"

"Because it never seemed relevant." I replied smoothly, "Plus, you never asked me."

"WELL, IF YOU TOLD ME A MILLION YEARS AGO, I WOULD'VE ACTUALLY HAD SLEEP LAST NIGHT!" He yelled.

"Uh..." I said, not wanting to anger him even more, "Why didn't you sleep again? I feel like I'm missing a few details here."

"I was... wondering." He stuttered. "About maybe he kidnapped you and forced you to tell him every single thing that's happened in your life. Then he could have forced you to listen to him telling YOU every single thing that happened at daycare!" He shuddered.

"I'm... glad that's not true," I told him.

"Yeah," he agreed, "Me too."

"You see, bud... I gotta go." I excused, dashing to the basement door, "Something important."

"Uh-huh," He said skeptically, "And what exactly is this 'important thing' again?"

"More important than being held captive in a basement with tea party chairs," I grumbled.

"Ex-ca-use me?" He asked sassily, like something a Karen would say, "You mean hanging out with your favorite person in the world? Nothing is more important than that. Unless you're dying or something."

"That's it. I'm dying. Can I go now?" I asked impatiently. "Please?"
"No," He blocked the doorway, "Not unless you tell me I'm, like, the best person in the world."

Why does he have to be so stubborn? Plus, there are opinions out there! My third-grade teacher taught me well.

"You're not my favorite person in the world because you 1) haven't ever bought me Cheeze-it's before, and 2) you didn't create them and it looks like your brain can't create more." I snapped firmly.

"Well then," He said, "Let's go get Cheeze-it's because I'd really like to be the best person in the world."

I bet his third-grade teacher never taught him about opinions.
_______________

Hello.

It's me here, still typing this chapter in Computer Science class because the teacher told us to complete makeup work and I completed all the work YEARS ago.

So here I am.

I hoped you liked this uneventful chapter, and I'm pretty sure this book will have one more climatical moment before it ends. Like I mentioned in my post (on my message board), there will be 44 parts in the whole book.

I'm still going through the process of rewriting this book (getting it ready for the Wattys, really).

It's September 7th, and I need to get it all done by September 29th. So empathize. It's hard because I have a really busy schedule. Like, really.

So my to-do list is:

Rewrite chapters 1-28 by September 29th
Finish actually writing my book
Fill out the form for the Wattys.

I know you think it's stupid rushing myself for this, but I'd really like to have something I'd be proud of. Winning an award, yet still balancing updates and school.

Thanks for taking the time to read this chapter and reading this ridiculously long author's note.

How was this chapter?

If you liked it, please take the time to vote, comment, and share.

Love you much.

Have a nice day.

Somerandomhuman88

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 6.4K 37
She's sarcastic. She was the girl who never cared what people said. She was far from a romantic; She was Oreo obsessed. She used to beat up people i...
275K 9.6K 48
"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it stop." Her eyes softened along with her...
393K 27.3K 33
What happens when you grow up wearing clothes that are too small or way too big, or wear hand me down clothes passed on from family, get teased by yo...
1K 48 13
Harper Jones: A normal girl who just wants a normal high school life to the point that she moves from Georgia to Virginia to get that experience. Unf...