Lone Came The Devil

By SamiMikaelson

AU starting at Caroline's Birthday. Klaus saves Caroline to get his plans in motion. She was supposed to be n... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter Fourteen

493 28 7
By SamiMikaelson

Klaus and Caroline walked into the compound. She was enjoying the fact that he still had his arm around her.

"I hope you at least enjoyed your time away from Mystic Falls." Klaus suddenly said.

"I did. More than I had thought, actually." Caroline admitted.

She stopped walking abruptly. Klaus faced her with furrowed brows.

"What's the matter, love?" He asked.
Caroline bit her lip and looked down.

"About that kiss." She started shyly.

"What about it?" Klaus asked taking her chin into his hand to make her face him.

Her eyes were filled with something he couldn't quite decipher.

"Nothing. Just forget I said something." Caroline told him. She hated that she always felt so self-conscious around him.

Klaus smiled and stroked her cheek. He had no idea what she was about to ask, but he had a feeling that he knew what she wanted. And hell, he wanted it, too. Without thinking about it too much he leaned forward, connecting his lips with hers.

Caroline gasped in surprise and Klaus used this to brush his tongue against hers, effectively deepening the kiss.

She moaned and pulled her arms around his neck.

Klaus growled and pulled her closer to him by the hips. Her body felt heavenly pressed to his. He could feel his control slipping away. He wanted her.

Klaus flashed them to the nearest wall, imprisoning Caroline's body between the rough stone and his body.

Caroline felt her body collide with a wall, but couldn't care less. She had thought kissing Klaus was amazing before.

But the way he kissed her now was so much more intense. She knew she shouldn't but she wanted him. Badly. So she moved her hands to his jacket and removed it from his shoulders.

Klaus broke the kiss to look at her. He had to make sure she wanted him as much as he wanted her.

"If we don't stop now, I won't be able to hold back." Klaus told her, his voice filled with lust.

"Then don't." She simply said.

"Are you sure, love?" Klaus asked with his last bit of self-restraint.

"Seriously!" Caroline exclaimed before roughly kissing him again.

Klaus groaned and pushed his body impossibly closer to hers.
Caroline responded by lifting herself up and wrapping her legs around his hips.

Klaus used the position they were in to flash them to his bedroom. Once inside, he moved his hand to her back, unzipping her dress.

Then, he laid her down carefully, removing her dress in the process.

Klaus took in a sharp breath at the sight of the beautiful woman laying in his bed.

She was more than beautiful, the matching black underwear bringing out her porcelain skin just right.

Caroline pulled him closer by his necklaces until she could reach the rim of his dark Henley. She pulled it over his head effortlessly and wasted no time in bringing her hands to his exposed chest, worshipping every muscle with her small hands.

Klaus moaned at Caroline's gentle touch and moved his head down to hers, ravishing her mouth with his tongue. His hands wandered over her body, outlining her breasts.

He stopped kissing her in favour of trailing soft kisses along her jaw and down her body.

Klaus took his time exploring her body, enjoying the soft moans Caroline released at his touch. He had a hard time containing the excitement coursing through his body.

The day couldn't have ended better in his opinion. Finally, he could work up all this built up sexual frustration she had put him through since the night he had walked into her bedroom.

Caroline roughly pulled Klaus' hair, forcing him back up to meet her lips. Yes, there was no doubt that she was getting addicted to those perfect raspberry lips. Or the way his stubble felt against her fingertips. He just felt all too good.

A loud man escaped Caroline's mouth when Klaus grind his hips roughly against her core, showing her how much he wanted her.

Caroline was about to rip his jeans open when a loud knock sounded from the door, followed by someone storming inside.

"Klaus – "

Caroline shrieked, trying to cover herself up with the Henley she had pulled off Klaus' body before.

Klaus was up in an instant, probably ready to kill whoever dared to disturb them at such a time.

"This better be a life or death situation, or I will kill you, Joshua!" Klaus growled threateningly.

Josh struggled to find the right words to say, knowing that Klaus was not uttering empty threats.

"There was someone following you. We took him to the dungeons, and he admitted to providing information for someone else. We don't know how much he knows or who he is working for." Josh explained fast.

Klaus breathed in hard. Even though he really wanted to kill the hybrid for interrupting his moment with Caroline, he knew that he needed to make sure if this spy was of any importance. There was always the possibility that HE was catching up to him.

"Stay with Caroline. Make sure she's safe." Klaus ordered before flashing out of the room.

"Well, that was embarrassing." Josh said jokingly.

"Seriously, Josh? That was probably the most mortifying situation I've ever been in!" Caroline yelled at him.

"I'm sorry. I should've listened before I rushed in. It's just, that was probably the least possible scenario I could've imagined." Josh explained.

"Yeah, well. I want to get dressed, so please turn around." Caroline told him sternly.

"You do realise that I'm really not into women, right?" Josh said once his back was turned to her.

"Doesn't mean I want you to watch me get dressed." She replied curtly.

"All done." Caroline told him, and he turned back around with a raised brow.

"Since when does getting into one of Klaus' shirts classify as getting dressed?" Josh teased.

"Since I already used it to cover myself. Also, it's big enough to cover everything. And it's comfy." Caroline shrugged. The Henley was big enough that it reached her thighs.

"So, when did Klaus and you become a thing?" Josh asked curiously.

"We're not a thing, Josh. It just kinda happened."

"I get the allure. Dark, dangerous man with an accent and dimples." Josh wiggled his eyebrows.

"This is so embarrassing!" Caroline sighed.

"Told ya!" Josh laughed.

Caroline and Josh were still talking to each other when Klaus walked back in, stern expression on his face.

"Get ready, we're leaving." He told both of them.

"What? Why don't we stay the night?" Caroline asked him.

"Because I say so. Get dressed." Klaus was already packing his stuff.

Great, we're back to ignoring each others' presence, Caroline thought bitterly. He hadn't even looked at her.
Without another word she got back up and left the room, Josh shortly after her.

"This man is so infuriating!" Caroline exclaimed.

"You get used to it." Josh shrugged.

"Why would he just jump and run like a scared little kid. I mean, there must be people following him every day! What's the big deal?" Caroline asked.

"Don't know. But he'll have a good reason, I'm sure."

"As if! He just does whatever he wants. I mean, who's there to stop him anyway?" Caroline ranted.

They had just boarded the private jet and Caroline chose to sit at the far back, not wanting to communicate with anyone. After her little rant before, she had just kept silent.

Klaus entered the jet and saw Caroline brooding and sighed. He certainly didn't like rushing back like that, too. But it would've been far too risky to stay any longer. The spy had been compelled to keep the identity of whoever was gathering information about him a secret. For all he knew, he could be working for Mikael.

He strode over to Caroline and sat next to her. Honestly, he had expected some kind of reaction from the blonde but was surprised that she didn't move a muscle, let alone acknowledge his presence.

Obviously, she was mad at him. Klaus released a heavy sigh. He had no issue dealing with anger directed towards him. As long as it was articulated, that is. The silent treatment had always annoyed him out of his mind.

The pilot announced their departure, and he relaxed into his seat.
Then, he could literally feel her tensing up next to him.

Klaus eyed Caroline curiously. I've never really been anywhere. That's what she had told him at one of their fake dates. Realising that this must be the first time for her to sit in a plan he took her hand in his.
Caroline faced him with a glare.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"It's a short flight. Don't worry, love." He told her calmly.

Caroline swallowed and nodded faintly. She was surprised at the considerate gesture. Something highly unusual for the hybrid, she was sure.

When the plane left the ground she grabbed his hand tighter, needing to hold on to something. It was weird.

Why should a vampire be afraid of flying? Well, she had always been a control freak. Flying was something she had no control over, whatsoever. That had to be it. Loosing control was always scaring her.

"I'm sorry about the way I ordered you around before." Klaus told her. Caroline looked at him, surprised.

"Trust me, if it hadn't been urgent we would still be in that bed." Klaus smirked at her.

Caroline blushed thinking about what they had been up to in said bed.

"I just started to enjoy the time away from Mystic Falls." She admitted.

"I offered you the world once. Feel free to take me up on that offer anytime, sweetheart." He said with a smile.

Caroline entered Klaus' mansion with a heavy heart. A lot had changed during their short stay in New Orleans. She had almost slept with Klaus.

Honestly, she was waiting for the guilt to kick in already. It just didn't. Deep down, she knew she felt like she had betrayed her friends. But she just couldn't find it in her to care. No, she had enjoyed herself without thinking about pleasing the others for once. And it had felt good.

She glanced over at Klaus, wondering where they stood. Sure, it was absolutely clear that he was interested in her. But was it really her, or her body? And even if he was interested in her, was she really interested in him? Frankly, she had found herself enjoying his presence more than once already. But what that meant exactly, she wasn't sure.

Klaus heard Caroline release an exhausted sigh and looked at her.

"Josh will bring your luggage to your room. You should rest now, sweetheart." He told her.
Caroline nodded and left for her room.

Klaus could sense that something was wrong. His hybrids had a different look in their eyes.

Something was up, and he had to make sure Caroline was safe before taking action.

"Joshua." He summoned his most trusted hybrid.

"Yes, sir?" Josh flashed in front of him.
"I want you to go up to Caroline's room. Make sure she stays there. Do not disappoint me this time." Klaus ordered.

Josh knew what he was referring to. The one time Caroline's ex-boyfriend had marched in the mansion and Josh failed to keep her away from him.
Josh nodded, signalising he had understood and flashed away again.

Now that Caroline was taken care of, Klaus focused his hearing. All was quiet. But there was someone in the dining room.

Judging from his heartbeat, Klaus concluded it was a vampire.

Bracing himself for a fight, Klaus walked straight to dining room.
Once he had opened the door, he almost laughed aloud.

"Damon! You do have a death wish after all!" Klaus said with his arm open.

Damon smirked, as if he was superior to Klaus' strength. Klaus chuckled, amused.

"Keep laughing. You won't be able to soon." Damon told him.

"How often are we going to play this game, Damon? You try to kill me, only to fail miserably. Must be frustrating." Klaus told him with a smirk.

"This time is different. I won't fail." Damon told him proudly.

"You're willing to sacrifice Caroline for Elena, then?" Klaus asked.

"I will do anything to protect her. Blondie just happens to be collateral damage." Damon shrugged.

Collateral damage? Klaus had said something similar to Caroline once. But right now, Damon talking about the blonde vampire was making his blood boil.

"Let's end this, then." Klaus told him.

"Gladly!" Damon answered smiling. "But first, I have a gift for you."

"Ripping your heart from your chest will suffice, thanks."

"No, I insist." Damon told him.

Klaus heard someone else entering the room behind him and turned around to face what he supposed would be the other Salvatore.
To his great displeasure, it wasn't Stefan.

"Mikael." Klaus uttered through clenched teeth.

"Hello, boy."

Author's Note:

Hey there readers!
I hope you are all enjoying the story so far.
Votes and comments are very much appreciated!

And shout out to this one person that keeps voting for the chapters. You are a real one! Thank you very much. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 5.2K 25
Rose Amari. In her world she's a witch, but not a servant of nature. When her mother dies mysteriously Rose and her sister, Phoebe, were drowning i...
59.3K 1.9K 35
"It's you. It's always been you." . . . Caroline has always been living under a strict household. Her mom expects the best out of her meaning a brigh...
816 50 25
Kehlani Jaqueson doesn't care much for her eternity stuck as a immortal. In fact, she despises it. But Kehlani wakes one day to find herself stuck in...
26.9K 548 50
I do not own these characters, rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't have any supernatural creatures. This is a story between Klaus Mikaelson a...