Sabır (Patience) - Kurulus Os...

By cookiemun

A Kurulus Osman fanfic ~UNDER EDITING~ "Dundar, Kardeşim, will you take Ceyda with you to our brother's tribe... More

Prologue + A/N
Glossary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Ceyda
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue

Chapter 53

279 15 56
By cookiemun

A big fat chapter just for you...this is probably the last time I update in a while since my school starts this Thursday, so please, vote, comment, show me this story is worth waiting for, so I can write the last few chapters with love, for this story, for all of you, and hope. That probably sounds desperate and dramatic, but this story has come a long way, and your support has always been valuable and appreciative and- you know what, I'll leave the speech for after the book is done heh. Anyways, have fun reading 7000 words!

Aygul became sleepy after a while, so Ceyda tucked her into her bed while she left to help prepare for the wedding. She watched the Hatuns boil and cook the feasts and the Alps training for the dance farther into the tribe. Then, her eyes landed on Konur, Boran, and Dumrul Alp by a stall where the Alps usually rest or make weapons. 

It was clear they were having another of their competitions; Konur and Boran showed off tricks with their swords, each intimidating the other. As much as Ceyda wanted to know more about their competition and what the loser would have to do, she started for the edge of the tribe where she would find various herbs for the medicine she would make for Aygul. Her cousin wasn't normal, and Ceyda was afraid she had lost her mind after learning the truth about Batur. Ceyda had been through the same thing a long time ago and was afraid she hadn't been fully cured. Before finding herbs though, she would ask Dundar Bey and Zohre Hatun about Aygul's condition.

Osman Bey called her as she headed for them, and she walked over to the steps of Ertugrul Ghazi's marquee, where Osman, Bamsi, and Gunduz Bey were seated.

"Beyyim, did something happen?" Ceyda asked. 

Osman laughed softly. "I was going to ask you the same thing. Why are you so tense?" 

"Oh," she chuckled half-heartedly. "Nothing Bey, I was just going to pick up some things for Aygul." Osman's expression turned serious. "Is she alright?" Ceyda shook her head. "I don't know. It seems she's become...mad after..." Osman understood, and he looked at his brother and Bamsi. "I believe Dundar Bey and Zohre Hatun have called a doctor...we'll see how it goes. May Allah cure her," he prayed. "Ameen," Ceyda said.

"On a happier note," Gunduz started with a sly smile on his face. "Ehh...Osman kardesim is finally married...now all who's left is you, Ceyda bacim."

Ceyda groaned inwardly. "Are you sure about that, Gunduz Abi? I don't see Ayse Hatun," she smiled, and Gunduz made an 'I-see-how-it-is' noise as Osman and Bamsi laughed.

Then they turned serious. "You know..." Osman began. "...it is time. If you have anyone in mind-"

"Ya Abi, it's your wedding, and you're making this about me. If I find someone, I'll tell you, I promise. But for now...well, shut up." Osman laughed softly, "However you want it."

Bamsi furrowed his brow playfully. "Gunduz Bey?"

"Hmm?"

"Aren't you going to punish this Hatun for speaking to an elder like this?"

Ceyda widened her eyes and bit her lip as Gunduz made an agreeing noise. "Later," she said quickly before running off to the Healing Tent as the Beys laughed.

"That was not the answer I got when I asked eight years ago," Gunduz remarked, surprised.

"Why would you ask her when she was..." Osman shook his head unbelievably, and Gunduz just laughed as he reminisced.

"That was mine, you can't do that!" a 12-year-old Boran yelled, grabbing the sword a younger Ceyda had just taken from the weapon stand in Ertugrul Bey's marquee.

The boys from the training field dared Ceyda, Boran, and Konur to sneak into the Bey's marquee for the real, iron swords to practice with. Bamsi Bey only allowed them to practice with wooden swords and made sure the real ones were out of sight, saying they would get to use them once they turned 14- though this rule didn't apply to Osman as he was already better than both his brothers. And he didn't listen. Since those three were the best in the class, they would go steal Ertugrul Bey's swords- the only place they were certain Bamsi would not touch.

"Watch me!" Ceyda challenged, gripping the second sword she grabbed from the weapons stand.

They grunted as they each fought for possession of the sword. A slightly older Konur sighed as he watched them fight over the same thing yet again. "Boran, just drop it."

Boran pulled harder, but Ceyda's grip was strong. "Why...are you always...on her side?" he questioned between grunts.

Konur shook his head tiredly. "Ceyda, will you just let him have it."

Ceyda dropped her other sword to hold on with both hands. "Why are you always...on his side?"

Konur looked around cautiously. Some of the boys outside distracted the guards of the tent and Osman was out hunting with his father, but that didn't mean no one else would hear the noise Ceyda and Boran's fighting was creating. "Keep it down!" Konur whisper-yelled. "Someone's going to come in."

"Tell him to leave it," Ceyda persisted. "You had it last time. Besides...there's another sword on the stand."

"So, why don't you take it?" Boran argued.

"Well, because I touched this first," she shot back.

"Fine," Boran smirked, letting go as she pulled hard, sending her stumbling backward with the sword. Boran quickly grabbed the other sword she left on the ground and hid it behind his back as Ceyda grinned victoriously. "Ha!" she laughed, then Boran showed her his sword and mocked her, "Ha-ha!"

Ceyda's smile fell, and she let out a long groan before jumping on Boran. Konur facepalmed and jumped in too, trying to pry away Ceyda's hand from the sword while also keeping Boran still.

Then, Gunduz Bey and Savci came out of a room in the tent with annoyed yet tired expressions. "What is happening?" Gunduz sighed.

Ceyda, Boran, and Konur immediately broke apart and stood in a line with their hands behind their backs and their chins up, the way Gunduz told them to stand whenever a Bey or Alp came by- which wasn't actually true, but Gunduz found it hilarious. He snickered, and his brother hid a smile before they faked a serious expression.

"Are you three fighting in the sacred marquee of the great Suleyman Shah?"

"No," began Ceyda. "Well," Boran interrupted. "You see," Konur continued. And then they all started talking at once. Savci and Gunduz grimaced and brought their hands to their ears to clear out the noise.

"One at a time!"

They all quieted. Not knowing who was meant to go first, they started talking at the same time again, then over each other before Gunduz shouted, "Silence!" and they pressed their lips together. "Ceyda, start explaining," Gunduz ordered.

Ceyda opened her mouth to speak when he interrupted, "Chin up!" Ceyda closed her mouth and watched her cousin's wide eyes and the vein in his neck that always showed when he shouted. She bit back a laugh. "Start," Gunduz repeated. "I was trying to show these two newcomers here," she patted them both on the head- a little harder than she should have- and they had nothing to do but smile innocently, "what a real sword looks like. These poor things can only train with the wooden ones on the training field, you know? How sad..."

Konur facepalmed and Savci shouted, "Hands behind your back, chin up!"

Gunduz had a considering yet unbelieving expression on his face and he took a few steps closer to her, bending so that they were eye-level. "And if I remember correctly, you train with them too, don't you?"

"You don't." It came out as a question, and Ceyda smiled innocently.

Gunduz chuckled lowly and slowly patted her cheek. Then, he turned to Konur. "What's your story?"

"What this...mentally unstable little one," he patted Ceyda's shoulder and she gave him a hard look before continuing to smile," was trying to say here was...Bamsi Bey was going to let us practice with real swords next week, so we wanted to train ahead. And since Ceyda remembered seeing swords here...we were just leaving."

Gunduz sent him a fake understanding smile. "I didn't know you held a sword like that," Savci said as he remembered them tumbled over each other.

"I didn't know you could hold a sword," Ceyda said in a false-surprised way. Savci narrowed his eyes at her as Gunduz broke into laughter. Savci then stared at his brother who quieted.

"Watch yourself, Ceyda, or else... I will tell Ertugrul Bey everything," Gunduz threatened.

"Snitch," Konur muttered, and Gunduz jerked his head toward him.

"Konur, Konur, Konur, I thought Bamsi had a rule...you couldn't touch real swords until you were fourteen." Konur bit his lip. "What are you? Five?"

"You know, Abi-" Ceyda started.

"It's Gunduz Bey to you."

"You may be seventeen, but you act like you have the energy of a geezer and the mind of a two-year-old."

Now Savci burst out laughing and the threesome snickered as Gunduz's eyes went wild. Gunduz glared at Ceyda, his jaw set. Savci quieted after a look from his brother who faced Ceyda. "What did you say?"

Ceyda's laughter turned weak, and she pressed her lips together. "I-I mean you have the energy of a two-year-old and the mind of a-" It sounded bad either way, so she shouted, "Run!" They rushed to the doors, and Ceyda and Konur managed to push them open while Gunduz grabbed hold of Boran. They stopped and watched. "Boran, you've been very quiet, haven't you? Now, spill."

Boran squeezed his eyes shut, and Ceyda and Konur sighed, already admitting defeat. He was always bad at keeping secrets.

"Okay, we broke Bamsi's rule and we wanted to see the swords, so we broke in and tried to borrow them." He said it in one breath and gasped when he was done.

Ceyda and Konur groaned lightly. "At least he didn't tell them about the dare," Ceyda said to Konur, who facepalmed once more. "What did I do this time-" She noticed that Gunduz was staring at her with his brow raised. "Oh."

After discussing their punishment with his brother- though it was as if he was discussing it with everyone in the tent as he stayed in the same room when he talked-, Gunduz said, "Since you're all very...dear...members of the Kayi Tribe and part of the family...we've decided to-"

"Lecture us." Konur interrupted, knowing the script from when they discussed the punishment.

"Talk to you about the importance of behaving," Gunduz finished through gritted teeth.

"Are you done?" Ceyda said before he could continue.

"Clearly not." He paused for interruptions. When there were none, "You three are the troublemakers of this tribe, and you rarely get caught, but when you do, there is almost always punishment. No one has explained or talked to you children, so we will-"

"Lecture you," Boran finished.

"Will you shu-"

"Careful, Abi, there are children present," Ceyda said in a false-concerned tone.

Gunduz grunted in anger before staring at Ceyda and gesturing to the room behind him. Ceyda, confused, copied his gesture, and he sighed before dragging her to the room.

Konur and Boran watched after her then they stared at Savci who faced them with a serious expression and crossed his arms. "Sit," he ordered.

"Aren't you getting used to-" Konur started with a smirk before Savci hissed, "And zip it."

"He doesn't even shout," Boran whispered, and Konur nodded. "He's good." Savci started to silence them but found their compliments quite amusing and stayed quiet.

Ceyda stared up at Gunduz, then he kneeled, and she stared at him. "Yeeees?"

"Look, Ceyda, you are very precious to me," Gunduz began, and Ceyda raised an eyebrow. "Yes, believe it or not, you're my cousin...you're my sister."

"Is this part of the lecture?"

Gunduz chuckled softly and shook his head. "I care about you, and that's why I'm concerned that you don't help around with the Rug House or play something...safe...and normal...like all the other girls and boys. Except for them," he vaguely gestured to the main room of the marquee.

Ceyda smiled tightly. "Is this going anywhere?"

Gunduz sighed. "What I'm saying is...if you continue acting reckless and insolent, no one will play with you...or like you. And you'll end up all alone."

Ceyda smirked. "Like you."

Gunduz fought to remain calm, but his attempt only amused Ceyda further. "I have friends."

"Savci doesn't count."

"I have Cagri and..." Ceyda gave him an expectant smile. "And Yusuf-"

"Who is four."

"There's another Yusuf."

"Never heard of him."

"Well...hush. Like I was saying-"

"You have no friends."

"Gaah!" Gunduz pressed his lips together to stay calm. "You will have no friends and no one will like you if you keep up this attitude."

"Konur and Boran like me."

Gunduz's mouth twitched into a smile. "Yes...you see if no one likes a person, they don't...marry them, and marriage is a big part of life. So, I'm just saying you will get married too one day, and if you have anyone in mind, don't hesitate to come to me and we'll arrange-Ow!"

Ceyda kicked him in the stomach before he could finish. "I'm done." She headed for the main room as Gunduz wheezed, "I'm still older than you!"

Savci watched her walk in and stand beside the boys. "Gunduz Bey is done with you?"

Ceyda smiled slyly. "Something like that." Savci's brow knitted together, and he peeked into the room to see Gunduz rolling on the ground. He rushed in. "That girl can kick," Gunduz chuckled weakly.

"What did you say?"

"Well..."

Ceyda waited for Savci to go into the room before she and Konur slowly turned their heads to Boran who scratched the back of his head nervously. Ceyda tutted before grabbing the swords she and Boran were fighting over. "Your punishment is that I get to have both of them," she said, and Boran nodded defeatedly. Konur grabbed a small dagger and Boran reached for a sword but grabbed a bow and a handful of arrows instead.

They stared at the nearly empty weapon stand. "No one will notice." Then, they shrugged and headed for the exit. Before they could take any more steps, Bamsi Bey and Ertugrul Bey stood in front of them.

"Now, what do we have here?" Bamsi sighed, and the children groaned in unison.

Ceyda slowed down to a walk and saw Abdurrahman Gazi making his way toward the marquee; she stopped and respectively placed a hand on her heart. He nodded with a smile and walked along. Ceyda heard the gushing of water and couldn't resist sitting by her favourite spot, deciding she would better find out Aygul's condition after the doctor visited her. She carefully sat, barely feeling the strain on her leg. After getting into a comfortable position, she reached out her hand to touch the water.

It was a little cold, but she got used to the temperature after a while. She watched amusingly as the water found its way over and under her hand; she was nowhere near an obstacle in its flow. Ceyda laughed softly.

Staring at the water somehow reminded her of Goktug. He looked harmless and beautiful just like the ocean, but then when one gets closer and closer, the ocean pulls them in and they drown in its endless gloom. His last words to her in the forest were alarmingly similar to when he said them in her nightmares. One question kept surfacing: Who is 'he'? Could it be Siddik? But she doubted anyone, least of all Goktug, could know about that. She had seen looks between Konur and Goktug, mostly when he was Kongar, whenever they spoke to her, but she didn't think much of it.

Wanting company, Ceyda pushed herself up and started climbing the steps out when her foot slipped on a rock and she stumbled before someone caught her. Ceyda looked up to see someone she was thinking of just a few seconds ago.

"We need to stop meeting like this," Siddik chuckled.

Ceyda steadied herself, and the flame that sparked in her stomach whenever he was around returned. She opened her mouth then closed it, finding it difficult to speak all of a sudden. Then, she remembered what he just said. "Why, do you not want to see me again?"

"No, no," he stammered.

Ceyda's flame started dying. "Oh...I see-"

"No, I mean it's not like that. Of course, I want to see you again." Ceyda bit her lip to stop a smile as a warmth erupted from within her once more. "I mean, I want to see you normally...not when you're, you know, falling, and..." he chuckled nervously.

"I've already fallen..." Ceyda gazed at him, and he cleared his throat after a while, bringing her back to reality. Ceyda cleared her own, then attempted to break the awkwardness, "So, what brings you here? It feels like an eternity has passed since I saw you."

"It has. It really has. I've come here to deliver some messages to Osman Bey."

"Oh! Yes, of course, because you're undercover. Then, hurry. They must be expecting you. He's by Ertugrul Gazi's marquee. Oh, here comes Gunduz."

Siddik glanced in the Marquee's direction where Gunduz was making his way over, then he looked at Ceyda. "Er...I'll see you before I leave?"

"Yes, yes," Ceyda nodded, a little too excitedly. "I'll be here, don't worry."

Siddik smiled and pressed his hand to his chest as Gunduz arrived and did the same. They exchanged greetings and Siddik walked ahead with Gunduz, who gave Ceyda a curious look before leaving. But Ceyda paid him no attention and continued smiling when someone elbowed her arm.

"What was that?" Boran gasped dramatically, placing a hand on his heart, and Ceyda stared at him, rubbing her arm. He smirked as he glanced in the direction Siddik left, and Ceyda groaned.

"Have you been spying on me?"

Boran tutted. "I believe watching is the word."

Ceyda narrowed her eyes at him. "Well, I believe that's the same thing. How much of that did you see?"

"Oh, not much really... 'I've already fallen,'" he mocked with a dreamy look on his face, and Ceyda groaned louder. "Vai bacim, I didn't know you could be romantic."

"I wasn't being-" Ceyda started, but she couldn't control the heating in her cheeks, and she knew she was blushing when Boran gasped dramatically, glancing at Siddik by Osman.

"Ceyda's in lo-ove-" he started in a sing-song voice before Ceyda shut his mouth, still not being able to control her cheeks from turning pink.

"Would you like a black-eye?"

Boran moved Ceyda's hand away. "Would you like to tell me I'm right?"

Ceyda pressed her lips together and stared ahead. She squeezed her eyes shut then turned to Boran with a sparkle in her eye. "Promise you won't tease me?"

Boran sucked through his teeth. "Ooh, that's a really big promise..." He exaggerated a sigh, then agreed.

Ceyda took a deep breath. She had never confessed anything like this before. She smiled nervously. "I...think-"

"Ha! I knew-" Boran covered up his teasing with a cough and smiled, "How lovely. Our little Ceyda's in love." Then, he frowned. "...With Siddik Alp...that was...unexpected. Wait, how did you even-"

"I know, right!" Ceyda exclaimed. "It was...destiny. Like I- or he- was meant to find me in the forest. And when I was with him, I felt something so...beautiful. A-a feeling of happiness beyond words, warmth...like that of a fire, comfort and-and safety. And oh, so peaceful but scary like I'm falling off a cliff and now I feel like...like I've fallen into a pile of weapons!"

"Ooh, that's uncomfortable," Boran chuckled.

"But it's not. Whenever I'm with him, I just feel so...so alive and ohh I could marry him."

Boran watched Ceyda with a smile at her excitement and enthusiasm, and that light in her face when she spoke of Siddik, that sparkle in her eyes. He had never seen Ceyda so expressive about her feelings, and this happy since what felt like forever; although, there had been a similar reaction when she saw Konur by Dark Hills. Konur... Her next words froze him. "M-marry him?" He laughed with a hint of nervousness. "Don't you think that's a little-"

"And I think I will!" Ceyda laughed wildly but with a touch of grace like always. But this one held a lot more excitement and commitment.

"Ceyda, maybe you should calm down and, you know, think about this, I mean-"

Ceyda quickly turned to face him. "But I have, Boran!"

Boran's words wouldn't make a difference; Ceyda had already made up her mind. But he still had to try. "I really think you should take it slow...you've only met the guy-"

"Twice!"

"Only twice," he explained. "There are people around you that you've known for-for months or years or since childhood. Maybe you should consider-"

Ceyda scoffed. "You?"

It was Boran's turn to blush. He rubbed his face with his hand. "Are you out of your mind? I mean-"

"Who else could there be?"

Boran blinked at her. "Are you seriously asking me this question?"

"I don't think I've ever felt this way about...anyone before."

"But you don't even know him!"

"That's why they call it love at first sight."

"Yeah, not marry at first sight!"

"Second sight," she corrected.

Boran faced the sky. "Are you hearing yourself? This is your future, your-your life and you want to spend it with someone you don't even know, haven't talked to for more than ten minutes?"

"Talking can be done after marriage."

Boran facepalmed. "That's not how love works."

"Oh, like you know anything about love."

"I know more than you, and that you don't go off marrying someone you just met."

"I know he became Muslim, and that Bamsi considers him his son!"

"That's not enough!" Boran fought back.

"What, do you not trust him?"

Boran groaned at her stubbornness. "Konur wouldn't like this," he muttered, but Ceyda heard.

"Why do you have to bring Konur into everything?! It's not like he-" she sighed hard. "He-he doesn't run my life or has a say in anything I do."

"He's your best friend! From childhood. He cares about you! Dammit, he lo-" Boran stopped, then sighed. It wasn't his right to finish that sentence.

"Well, so what...that doesn't mean he can tell me who I'm supposed to spend my life with." Boran let out a deep breath and watched her silently. "Look Boran, I consider you my brother. And I take your advice seriously, that's why I told you...well, mostly because you saw the whole thing...but, I know it's not right to marry someone you just met. It's just...I have a feeling...I just know that-that we're meant to...I love him."

Boran considered her. "And does he love you?"

Ceyda hadn't thought about that. "Yes."

"You hesitated."

"I-I don't know. I guess I'll have to ask him."

"I think he's smart enough to spend more time with you to know that."

Ceyda opened her mouth, then shut it, then opened it and sighed. She then furrowed her brow. "Did you just call me dumb?"

"No, I called you...not-smart."

"That's the same-"

"You're being impulsive, Ceyda. I just think you're doing this too fast. If you really consider my advice, then slow down, okay? I'm telling you this because I care about you. You're a sister to me, Ceyda. Don't take my advice the wrong way. Just...think about it." Ceyda sighed and nodded after a moment, and Boran placed a hand on her arm then left.

Ceyda flung her head back and let out a long and disappointed groan. Deciding she needed more advice, she made her way near the Rug House to where the women were preparing the feast. There, she spotted Selcan and Gonca. She walked over to them.

"May it be easy, Hatunlar," Ceyda greeted. "What are you making?"

Gonca smiled as Selcan raised her brow," Are you here to assist us, finally?"

Ceyda smiled at her aunt. "What should I do?"

Selcan looked surprised, and she glanced at Gonca who shrugged. "Well, you can start by stirring this rice." She handed Ceyda a long wooden spoon. Ceyda took it and started stirring as her aunt continued watching, mesmerized at how she didn't argue. Ceyda slowly pulled the spoon toward her before Selcan shook her head. Ceyda smiled sadly.

"Do you want water?" Gonca chuckled.

"Please." She quickly gulped down the water in the bowl Gonca handed her; she hadn't eaten all day. Ceyda sighed, then glanced around. "Where's Bala Hatun?"

Selcan gestured to the pond at the edge of the area, and Ceyda saw Aygul and Bala sitting in front of each other. Bala held a bouquet that Ceyda recognized, looking teary-eyed as Aygul looked down at something wrapped in a blanket.

"Is that someone's baby?" Ceyda questioned, and Selcan sighed.

"It's a doll," Gonca said, and Ceyda furrowed her brow in concern.

"They called a doctor from Konya..." Selcan apprised.

Ceyda swallowed. "What happened to the other one?"

"They didn't trust him after..."

"I wouldn't be surprised. What did he do again? Slap me, question me weird-"

"Ceyda, this is not the time," Selcan scolded. "Did you need something?"

Ceyda nodded slowly, then sighed lightly. "You know how...you told me about...ma-" Ceyda couldn't even say the word without blushing. "Marr-"

"Marriage?" By her tone, Selcan was starting to get excited. And Gonca stopped stirring to listen.

"Yes."

Selcan furrowed her brow, and Gonca cracked a smile. "Yes?"

"Well..."

Selcan and Gonca shared a grin. "Who is this lucky man?"

"Er...Siddik Alp."

"Ne?"

"Is there something you need?" Selcan asked again, breaking Ceyda out of thinking about how the conversation would have gone if she told them.

"Yes, uh...theoretically, would you marry someone you met a few times, knowing their past and how much they mean to the tribe and everything?"

Selcan furrowed her brow, and Gonca stopped stirring. "What does a 'few times' mean?" Gonca asked.

"Like...twice."

"I think I would spend more time with them before..."

Ceyda groaned, "You're just like Boran." Selcan raised an eyebrow, and Gonca turned a little pink. Ceyda cleared her throat. "Theoretically, of course." She chuckled nervously.

"Maybe discuss it with the elders first," Selcan suggested, suspecting Ceyda was up to something.

"Right, elders." Ceyda stood and waved them goodbye, stopping as Aygul walked by her, an excited look on her face and her hands clasped together. Ceyda sighed and watched Bala who held a grim look on her face and carried the doll Aygul must have given to her. Ceyda reminded herself that the doctor would be visiting soon and walked away to join Konur, Boran, and Dumrul.

"So, what competition have you settled on?" she asked them as they stared at each other intently yet playfully. Konur and Dumrul looked up at Ceyda happily while Boran furrowed his brow at her.

Konur explained and Ceyda grabbed a seat across Dumrul, raising her brow after hearing what the loser would have to do. "Stand around like a gazelle?" She masked her disappointment with sarcasm. "Vai, that's-that's extreme..."

Dumrul scoffed. "Then, what do you suggest?"

Ceyda thought about it, then answered, "They have to act like a gazelle too, for the whole day."

Boran and Konur shared a look. "You're going down," they said in unison as Ceyda and Dumrul laughed. "How do you suggest they do that, Ceyda baci?" Dumrul teased, making her stand and demonstrate.

"We have to play this game according to its rules, then," Osman told the Beys and Siddik after he told him Sofia was willing to negotiate with the Kayis to stop their attacks. "Siddik, go and tell her that I accept. But I have conditions."

"She said she will accept them, Bey," Siddik said.

"Then, I will have three conditions. First, she will declare that Karachaisar Castle belongs to Suleyman Shah's grandson, Osman Bey." The men around Osman started chuckling. "Second, she will come here and surrender." Bamsi Bey and Abdurrahman Gazi praised Osman, and Gunduz said, "You said you have three conditions, Osman. What is the third?" Osman smiled and watched his Alps and Ceyda, who stood on one foot when Konur joined her.

"Like this?" Konur balanced himself on one foot and hopped around when he started leaning to one side. Ceyda steadied him and laughed. "Do it again, but stare at one spot, so it's easier." Konur did as she said, but Ceyda had a mischievous look on her face that Boran and Dumrul quickly recognized. "Like th-" Before he could finish, Cedya put a hand on his shoulder. "Very good." She pushed him, and he fell.

Ceyda and Boran laughed wildly while Dumrul snickered, then she ran around the hut as Konur chased her. "Boran, help me," she laughed as Konur ran after her from one side. Konur and Ceyda ran around the hut a few times before Boran stood, He went to her side as Dumrul started for Konur's.

"Ceyda, go there," Boran told her, pointing behind him. As Ceyda started going right while Boran would go left to corner the two, Boran put his foot forward, and Ceyda tripped over it, stumbling to the ground as Boran and Konur cackled. Ceyda playfully glared at Boran. "Traitor."

"Now, who's cornered?" Konur teased, shaking forearms with Boran. Dumrul rushed to her side after Konur skittishly raised his fist and helped her up. "I see..." she said as Boran and Konur wore victorious smiles. She nodded to Dumrul, signalling for him to go around, and she went the other way. In a moment, Konur and Boran were cornered. Dumrul grabbed Boran before he could do anything while Ceyda held on to Konur.

"Now, who's cornered?" Ceyda mocked in the same tone he used. Konur chuckled. Suddenly, he grabbed the wrist that she held near his throat and turned it on her before she could stop him. In a second, Konur's arms were around Ceyda's neck. "You." They laughed together, and Ceyda lightly elbowed Konur to have him let go.

Osman chuckled at his friends while the rest smiled. "To be alone is only for Allah. It's time for Konur kardes to get married." The four had now sat back down, smiles still shining on their faces as they played with their swords. "She will be Muslim," Osman started. "...and will swear to be Konur's wife."

Now, they burst out laughing, and Gunduz said, "That will nudge Ceyda into doing something." Siddik watched Ceyda take turns pointing her sword at the Alps, then he turned to Gunduz with a confused expression. "What does that mean?" he asked as casually as he could- though it came out as a whisper.

"Look at them," Gunduz smiled, not hearing Siddik's question but answering it involuntarily. "Let's keep the wedding spirits high... Maybe we'll have two weddings in a span of a week, Osman kardesim."

Siddik's insides started sinking as he watched Ceyda. True, his feelings for Ceyda never really surfaced, but looking at her and Konur sparked something close to sadness and betrayal. He knew it wasn't his right to feel this way; Konur and Ceyda had clearly known each other much, much longer than he had and ever could. Watching them now made him realize that even if with time, he developed feelings for Ceyda, he would never have a chance against Konur and the list of men that were probably already after her. He sighed lightly, then nodded at Osman Bey. No one except Bamsi Bey noticed Siddik's fallen expression- however well he tried to mask it. Bamsi decided to ask him before he left. "Yes, Beyyim," Siddik smiled. "I would like to join your wedding, but...duty awaits. If you allow me, I will return."

Ceyda looked at where Osman was and her eyes, once again, landed on Siddik. The Alps discussed the feast and the peace at the tribe after so long. "Balgay's still at large..." Boran started grimly. "Not to mention Sofia." 

"One snake at a time, kardes," Konur eased. 

Deciding to check on Aygul again after the implicit mention of Alisar, she started getting up when someone nudged her. "Did you decide anything yet?" Boran whispered to her, and Ceyda looked at him. "No," she said, truthfully, grabbing some bread that was laid out as a snack for the Alps just as Konur was about to take it. "Thank you." She got up, wrapping the food in a cloth and started making her way past the Beys and Siddik to her tent when a little boy ran past her, snatching the bread from her hand.

"Hey!" Ceyda turned sharply and ran after him. "That was mine! Y-you thief! Come here." She reached out her hands and caught the boy's shoulders, stopping him. She turned him around and held out her hand. The boy had dark features and olive skin. "Stealing is not right, child."

The boy cowered, "I-I was just hungry," he said in a slightly high-pitched voice. He couldn't be more than four or five. Ceyda heard giggling and looked ahead to see a group of children staring and snickering. Clearly, this was a prank, or they were laughing at the boy; she couldn't tell. "Well, you could've asked for food. And how can someone be left hungry in the tribe of Ertugrul Gazi, hmm?"

The boy handed back the bread with an apology, and Ceyda smirked, wrapping it back in its cloth. "Go help yourself in the Kitchen Tent. I hear they're cooking Halva for the wedding."

Someone cleared their throat behind her, and Ceyda turned her head to see Osman Bey and the other Kayi Beys watching her, smiling lightly but wearing disapproving expressions. "Er, right." She made her tone stricter, "Don't forget to ask first." The boy nodded slowly but looked sad. Ceyda grimaced, "You ungrateful-" Seeing Osman shake his head at her, she sighed, then handed him the cloth. "Here," she said stiffly. He grinned and thanked her before running off.

Ceyda stood and watched after him. "Ah... children."

"You're good with them," Osman remarked from behind her with a smile.

Ceyda faced them and shrugged. "Yes, I suppose I taught him a lesson." She took a bite out of her bread as the others gaped at her. She had pulled out the food from the cloth and replaced it with a rock swiftly before giving it to the boy. "What? Nothing good comes out of bad. That little boy can't grow up thinking stealing food, then making a sad face will get him bread. It stops working after a while." 

Osman facepalmed as Siddik bit back a laugh and the others sighed. After a few moments of mute disappointment, a child's crying was heard. Ceyda sucked through her teeth as Osman and Gunduz stared at her. "I guess I should...leave now." She chuckled nervously as her cousins gave her a stern look. She groaned, "Fine, but if he turns out to be a thief, it's not my fault." Stomping toward the child, she gave him the bread. He smirked through his tears and returned her cloth with the rock in it. "Oh, you're good," Ceyda muttered with a touch of approval.

She started back to her tent, where she was hoping Aygul was when Osman called her. "Ceyda, won't you meet our guest before he leaves?" Osman said, gesturing to Siddik.

Ceyda smiled softly and gazed at him. "We've already met." 

They stared a second too long, and Gunduz, Osman, and Bamsi Bey shared a sly look.

Ceyda noticed the others staring, and she explained hastily and nervously, "We ran into each other...well, I ran into him when..." She cleared her throat and exchanged Selams with Siddik. "You won't stay for the wedding?" Ceyda remembered what Osman said earlier, and she furrowed her brow sadly.

"We will meet again, Ceyda H-...Ceyda."

Ceyda smiled. "InshaAllah." She glanced at Gunduz who wiggled his eyebrows, then at Osman who raised them. She pretended to finish a sentence. "InshaAllah...we will meet Bamsi Bey....y-you will meet Bamsi Bey again." She chuckled nervously as Siddik smiled awkwardly. "Er...Where will you go now?"

Ceyda mentally facepalmed herself for being so clueless when he answered, "The castle."

"But you haven't seen the tribe yet, or tasted the food they're making for the wedding," she blurted, and then cleared her throat and stared at the ground. "I should go now."

"Please," Gunduz muttered, looking relieved, and Ceyda shot him a look.

Siddik watched as Ceyda slowly stepped away with a long face and sighed. "Maybe I can stay a little longer," he said, and Ceyda practically jumped back beside him with a grin, staring at Osman expectantly. 

"Why don't you show him around then, Ceyda?" Osman said slyly, and Ceyda, not catching the mischievous look on his face, nodded eagerly, leading the Alp to her tent first.

"I did not expect that..." pointed out Gunduz as they watched Ceyda show him around, and the others agreed.

"This is my tent," Ceyda told him. "Or...it was what I woke up in after I thrashed the Rug House, got lost in the forest, found Kahraman, and returned to the tribe where..." Ceyda stopped as she tried to remember what happened next. She returned to the tribe to apologize to her family, but something went wrong. "I didn't get to apologize because..." Involuntarily, her hand touched the back of her head.

Siddik watched her curiously. "Because?"

Ceyda was told she hit her head, but she didn't know how. Some said she fell from her horse in the forest, but she knew that couldn't be right. She watched Siddik's expectant expression and laughed it off. "Because I hit my head, and then I woke up here."

Siddik nodded along, pushing away his concern. "What happened next?"

Ceyda could still hear the screams of those in her tribe that day and those in her dream, which she tried to forget, remembering her father's alive and well face. "The Mongols..." She shook off the grimness that had started to envelop her. "But that was a long, long time ago. Come, I'll show you where they store food for the wedding feast." She led him away from Ertugrul's pavilion toward the tents near the Rug House where the women were still preparing the feast. She gestured for him to stay low, and they quickly snuck into the Kitchen Tent.

Siddik stared at the bowls of food uneasily as Ceyda opened the lids of each one until she found the desserts. "Are you sure we should be-" he started, when Ceyda interrupted him with a squeal, "Halva!" Siddik pushed away his doubts and joined her. She grabbed spoons and they took a few bites before preparing to leave when someone entered the tent.

Ceyda quickly gestured at the bowls and said, "And this is the kitchen where the women are now storing food for the feast." 

Siddik played along and nodded in understanding, "The women of the Kayi Tribe are very talented, MashaAllah."

"Most of them," her aunt's voice spoke out, and Ceyda squeezed her eyes shut before turning to her casually.

"Yenge, this is Siddik Alp. I'm showing him around the tribe before he is to leave for the castle. This will be his home when his duty is over, after all."

Selcan nodded and smiled at Siddik, greeting him like a son. "Are you showing him around the tribe or the kitchen?" Selcan questioned, cocking an eyebrow at her niece.

"We're done here, now we're going to the goat and sheep," Ceyda told her in a serious tone.

"Great choice," Selcan said sarcastically, and Ceyda muttered, "It is a great choice," before heading out.

Siddik glanced back at the tent with a furrowed brow. "Won't she notice the half-opened bowl of-"

"That's why we need to run."

---

After showing him all her favourite places in the tribe, Ceyda had made a decision and a plan. Making sure Siddik wouldn't leave without sending her a proper farewell, she let him sit by the waterfall as he wanted while she made her way to Dundar Bey's marquee, where she saw a man who looked like a doctor go to earlier.

When she arrived, the doctor walked past her. Ceyda stared at Zohre Hatun who watched after him, then looked at her with a half-hearted welcoming smile. "What did he say?" she asked her aunt, then glanced at Aygul who stared ahead with a smile. There was something off about the look in her emerald eye.

"She's in a heavy trauma."

"Well, we already figured out that part. Did he give medicine?"

Zohre showed her the vial in her hand, and Ceyda nodded. "Did he say anything else?"

"She will recover, but she needs to stay stress and anger-free."

Ceyda waited for more, but Zohre did not continue. She sighed slightly as Zohre sat beside her daughter, resting her head on her shoulder. "We called a doctor all the way from Konya, and this is what he tells us," Ceyda muttered bitterly. "Seriously, what is wrong with these doctors?" Knowing that there were people out there who would have much better advice, she made a mental note to talk to Elif Hatun. That would also give her an excuse to visit her and Adelfa after so long.

Bamsi's booming voice echoed through the tribe as he called the people to watch the traditional competition of men running with a ram on their shoulders. Ceyda looked about the emptiness of where she was; apparently, the entire tribe was preparing for the wedding and most were gathered to watch the race. She glanced at her aunt, then Aygul. "Would watching the race help?" she asked.

Zohre looked like she was thinking of this, then nodded at her. "Take Aygul." Ceyda smiled and convinced her cousin to come with her.

They arrived in time to see Bamsi shoot an arrow far ahead to signal the turning point and the Alps and Osman Bey throw the rams over their shoulders. Ceyda grinned as the tribe cheered and rooted for the Alps and Bey who yelled at each other competitively. The race began, and they broke into a run with Osman in the lead. Konur and Boran caught up soon and the three were neck-and-neck. Boran was winning as they crossed the bridge, but Konur ran in front of him as they rounded the arrow and started back.

"Haydi, Konur!" Ceyda cheered as Aygul watched them with a grin. Ceyda looked ahead to see Dumrul and Ayaz crossing the bridge, Ayaz in front. Suddenly, Dumrul shoved past him, and Ayaz fell off, landing in the pond with his ram and slamming his hand on the water in disappointment. Ceyda laughed, then covered her mouth with her hand to stop herself. Boran ran ahead of Konur, and she could have sworn she heard Gonca root for him after Bala cheered on Osman. Then, Osman quickly caught up. Now, the three were neck-and-neck once more when Osman sped up, and they reached their starting point with Osman Bey as the winner.

He yelled in victory, putting the ram down and spreading his arms as the other Alps embraced each other. Ceyda saw Konur hug Bamsi and then watch as the Alps and Osman held on to each other's shoulders and laugh in companionship. "But the master of this game is..." Osman cried, pointing at Bamsi, "...Bamsi Bey!"

Bamsi grinned and walked to the middle of the crowd. "Valiants! When I was younger, I used to carry two sheep on my shoulders!" he said, showing off his muscles playfully. The tribe laughed, then turned to see Ayaz walking to them, soaked, carrying his ram. The men and women of the tribe held back their chuckles and pointed as he reached them.

"Kardas..." Osman started with a grin. Ayaz put down the ram and it ran, bleating, making everyone burst out into laughter. Osman patted his Alp's back, then turned to see Bala waiting for him with a jug of water to wash his face. 

They walked to each other, and the others busied themselves.

Ceyda picked up the ram, petting it lovingly before showing it to Aygul who did the same. In the crowd, she spotted Siddik speaking to Bamsi Bey. Ceyda realized that she left him by the waterfall and cursed her manners. She let Aygul play with the ram while she joined the Alps.

"You didn't race?" she teased, and Siddik gave her a playful glare. "I might have, but by the time I found out about it, it had already started. You seem to be enjoying this, why didn't you tell me about the race?"

Ceyda noticed Bamsi Bey step away to talk to the other Alps but continued the conversation, "It used to be something I liked, and it's still fun. But Osman Bey wins all the time, so..."

He chuckled, "MashaAllah."

"This time, it was close, and I thought Konur or Boran were going to win. Next time, you will race too, right?"

"InshaAllah."

Ceyda looked around to see Konur, Boran, and Bamsi. She smirked. "Excuse me. I need to go rub their loss in their faces."

After the crowd dispersed and everyone returned to prepare for the wedding, Ceyda held back Konur. Boran stayed within earshot, unbeknownst to the two, and Bamsi Bey led Siddik to his tent to spend more time with him before he would leave at dusk.

"Are you going to tell me more about how Osman beat me when I was just about to win?" he whined, and Ceyda chuckled, "That is a good idea- but no." Konur let out an exaggerated sigh of relief.

Ceyda let out a deep breath and looked into his sky-blue eyes with hope and happiness in her own. "I love you." 

---

Whhaaaaat?? I mean, it's about time...hmm where's this going...

Wow, this chapter's almost 8000 words...I hope you didn't skim through some parts because it was so long heheh....that's totally not what I do sometimes...Please excuse any mistakes and vote+comment. I really hope you've enjoyed this story up till now. I love you all so much❤️

Here's a song to get you thinking about the next chapter:

And here's a song that suits Ceyda's story so well (imo) God, I should've put this in earlier. I love this song:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 10.8K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
589K 28.9K 59
COMPLETED!✔🔱✅ "Don't worry little one there is no one here to save you from me, you don't know how desperately I have waited for this moment," he sa...
6.8K 483 24
"You tried to target my siblings and I did what my heart said." I said looking in her eyes and she rolled her eyes. "Your that stupid heart didn't l...
58.7K 6.1K 69
COMPLETED ✔️✔️ "I don't want to argue with you, Z." Karim gritted out. "Stop calling me that, Karim." Zaira growled. "Do not refer to me by my name...