Luffy's Past

By 2021Night

In the middle of the war between the marines and the Whitebeard pirates, a bright light appeared bring the st... More

Chapter 1 - Intro
Chapter 2 - Family
Chapter 3 - Hostage
Chapter 4 - Break
Chapter 5 - Core
Chapter 6 - The Will
Chapter 7 - Decision
Chapter 8 - Message
Chapter 10 - Plan
Chapter 11 - Death
Chapter 12 - Darkness
Chapter 13 - Guiding Lights
Chapter 14 - Passing
Chapter 15 - Repeat
Chapter 16 - Demon History
Chapter 17 - Free
Chapter 18 - Epilogue

Chapter 9 - Abilities

6.9K 212 18
By 2021Night

The screen was back to the destroyed island. It showed Luffy still wrapped in the grip of the vines, but his hand twitched. He slowly opened his eyes, only to see a light. The little boy squinted his eyes and tried to focus his eyes at the light. At the light, Luffy's eyes widened at the sight of his older brother. The piercing red eyes were staring at him in concern. He was covered in serious injuries and blood. Yuko also seemed to be very tired and looked like he could pass out in any minute.

"Ni...-chan." Luffy stuttered as tears fell out of his eyes.

"Luffy!" Yuko exclaimed as he rushed to the trapped boy. He studied the vines that trapped his younger brother but couldn't find anything. Moving on to plan B, he burned all the vines, freeing his younger brother. "Are you alright!?"

Luffy was in his brother's arms once more and was being crushed with a bear hug. "Ni-chan, what's going on? Are you ok?"

"Not now Luffy." Yuko said when he was dashing out of the demon. "Let's get out of here first, but we're free now."

Luffy mumbled, "Free?"

Luffy was trapped in the monster, for who knows how long, but he knew that it was very cold and lonely. He never wanted to feel like that again. It was terrifying and horrible. He liked to be free with the people he cared for.

Yuko ran and jumped out of the hole in the chest of the creature. There was another blinding light and screen turned white.

"What's going on?"

"How did Yuko-san get to Luffy-san?"

"Where is the other brother?"

"What happened?"

Silvia shouted, "QUIET!" over the questions of the crowd. She gained all the attention and there was silence, waiting for her explanation.

"That was just the perspective of little angel. The scene is changing to the memory of the battle. You'll get your answers in the memory." Silvia stated as the questions all died down.

"What do you think happened?" Ace whispered to the blonde next to him. "Yuko seemed to have very bad injuries."

Sabo shook his head. "I don't know, but she said we would find out, though I am concerned of how he got those injuries. Did the others have the same injuries?"

The group of 8 were getting ready for battle and Clare made sure that everyone was healed, getting their stamina back and there was no injury. She couldn't fight, since she ability was healing, so she was on support. She would be the one to get the warriors on their feet after they get seriously injured. She shad determination in her eyes. She was going to save her son no matter what.

Dragon slightly smiled at the woman he had fell in love with. That determination in her eyes first gave him the interest in her. He would have never thought that he would have fallen in love with her.

He met her on the island when he was lost at sea. Like his father, he was born on Dawn Island, but his great, great grandfather had escaped the island on a miracle. Out of everyone on the island, Roger was the react on to leave, but the others didn't know why. It was like it let the man go, trying to bring the marines to the island.

In the history books, they say that Loguetown was his birthplace, but it wasn't. It was the island Luffy was from, but they put down Loguetown because he was first sighted there. It was going to be the same for Luffy at Dawn Island, but now the marines knew where he truly was from, it would be different.

The rest of the adults there were checking their abilities and getting all battled up, ready to take down the demon. The audience didn't know what their abilities were, except for Tony's gravity, but they were wondering about the others. Makino was sitting down trying to calm herself down. The males were warming up their muscles and the females were with Makino, trying to strengthen their resolve.

They had decided to get ready for an hour and begin their attack. It was nearly time for them to go and save the world. Many were nervous and some were itching for battle, but there that, they all knew not all of them were going to make it alive. The mood was tense, so Makino decided to say something.

"So, this is it."

Maria nodded. "I know. It doesn't feel real."

Chris gave her a look. "Maria... Kai is literally destroying the island and everyone else is dead. I understand that we all wish it wasn't but... this is how it turned out."

"Those blasted marines!" Lea cursed, making the marines watching, flinched. They were normally the heroes, yet here, they were the villains. "I hope their all dead. Especially the leader. If they didn't come, then..."

All of them looked down. Kai wouldn't be free. There wouldn't be any deaths. There would be no destruction and they would all be free. Luffy wouldn't have to suffer, and Rune wouldn't have done his sacrifice.

Yuki apologized. "I'm sorry, but the leader was able to get away."

"WHAT?! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!?"

"When did Zen get the time?!"

"How did he just leave!?"

"Did he give up!?"

"No wonder he was still alive, he still didn't have his trial, since he still had command of the marines and he was still wearing the marine uniform."

"He's a coward. He's the one who bloody made a mess of the place, yet he runs."

"Such a disappointment."

"I really hoped that he was dead."

"ENOUGH!" Demanded the goddess, trying to continue the memory. "We have no time worrying about him. He's gone now, so he's not important."

There were a lot of sighing, but there were no complainants, since they didn't want to anger the time goddess as Akainu did before.

"HOW!?"

"After Kai was freed, it seems like he knew that he wasn't going to be able to control him. You know because he failed miserably." Yuki explained. "At the time he was escaping, Yuko and I were fighting the demon and we didn't have time to stop him. We were holding him off. Kai was too busy with us to notice, and I don't think that Elder or Luffy spotted him. They were hiding in a hole to be safe."

"That coward!" Lea spat with venom clearly for all of them to hear. There was true hatred in her eyes, and it was shining in her violet eyes. Her light pink hair covered her eyes, shadowing over them, making her violet eyes darker.

Tony's navy-blue hair moved by the wind, getting some in his pitch-black eyes. "Lea, we know, but that couldn't be helped. We have to stay focused on the task on hand."

"But!"

"Tony's right Lea." Agreed Maria. Her long, like flame red hair flowed in the wind as well. Her orange eyes were all serious. "Focus on defeating Kai, then we can go after that marine. The world and Luffy is more important than that man."

Chris nodded with his yellow eyes closed and his yellow hair was moved out of his face. They were all going to defeat the demon together. Save Clare's child and make sure that Kai will never see the outside of the island.

"We have to work together." Makino stated as her green hair shined in the sunlight. "It might be our only chance."

Lea clicked her tongue and nodded. "Fine. Whatever, but once this is over, I'm going to get him."

"We have no problem with that." Clare said with her green eyes glistening with revenge. "We'll also help you if you need any."

'Scary' Some thought as they saw the whole group wanted to kill the ex-marine, or even the marines in general. They had seen the power of the twins and they were quite strong. They were only children, so the adults should have even more power.

Lea smirked. "No need. I will be enough. He only had us because he had hostages."

Yuko replied, "Ok, that's good and all but what's going to happen?"

"The plan is that we all try and kill Kai." Chris stated with a confident pose.

All the members on the group and the audience sweat dropped. 'That's not a plan' they all thought.

Yuki shook his head. "Chris... that's not a plan. I think that Yuko should get Luffy, as he is in the chest of the demon, and he is trapped in vines. I'm not sure that Makino could do her thing on them, and I think we shouldn't let a support ability user go direct to the enemy."

"Ok." Yuko said, happy that he was the one going to save his brother, but it was very dangerous to do so. He had to the close enough to enter the chest of the demon to get to his brother. "So, I'll try and save my energy. I won't be attacking as much."

"Too bad." Lea complained, "I wanted to see more fire!"

'Is there something wrong with this woman?' Some thought wondering how a fragile looking lady wanted to see so much destruction of her enemy.

Dragon sighed. 'It seems that she hasn't changed in the time I was gone.'

"Your ability is destructive enough." Countered Yuko. "Chris is also destructive if he uses it fully, which he probably will in the battle."

Lea pouted. "Still."

Tony faked coughed gained the attention of the whole group. "So, we will be using teamwork and when using a destructive ability that might hurt us, make sure to signal. Yuko do get Luffy back and make sure he is safe. Other than that, we know each other's fighting styles, so that's the plan."

The rest nodded and it was time to head into action. They all dashed to the location the demon was rampaging at and they all spotted him easily. Upon seeing the creature, it disgusted those who haven't seen it up close, though they kept their composure.

Some lowered their head, praying for peace for their elder and looked at the demon with a strong resolve in their mind. Chris started the first attack. He sent bolts of lightning towards the demon, electrocuting it, and gaining his attention.

"So, his ability is lightning?" Questioned Thatch as he stared in amazement at the sight of the lighting coming out of the man's hand without his getting any damage. "That's so cool!"

Marco sighed. "Eat a devil fruit and you could do that too-yoi."

"Sorry, I don't want to lose the ability to swim, because we have so many anchors on our ship." Thatch replied with a teasing smirk. "For example, a pineapple and freckle sprinkles."

"OI!" The flame devil fruit users of the whitebeard pirates shouted, while the rest we're snickering or giggling.

The two flame users started to chase the chief around the room, and no one helped him. He looked for help from his peers, but they just looked away. So, Thatch looked at Ace's other sworn brother, Sabo, who only sighed when he grabbed Ace and held him back. Thatch beamed. He only had to get away from one flame user now, but he never managed to get away.

"That's what you get for calling me pineapple-yoi." Marco said as he patted his hands together and returned to his seat.

"I can't believe that sweet, innocent Makino has an ability like them." Benn thought out loud.

Yasopp just smirked and nudged his captain. "Since she is fighting here, that means she can protect herself. So why not let her join our crew and you could be with her always Shanks?"

Shanks blushed and looked away. "No, it's too dangerous and I have no idea what you're talking about."

The crew laughed at their captain's reaction and kept on teasing him about Makino and letting her stay on their crew. Meanwhile, the strawhats were having their own conversation.

"What do you think the rest of the abilities are?" Chopper asked Robin.

Robin looked down at the reindeer and smiled. "We know 5 so far. Clare or Luffy's mother, has the ability to heal, Yuko, or Luffy's brother has the ability of fire like Ace. Yuki, Luffy's other brother has the ability of ice, Tony seems to have the ability of gravity and Chris has the ability of lightning. I think from Yuki's statement before, Makino seems to have an ability that has something to do with vines, but the only clue we got for Lea is that it's destructive. We don't know anything about Maria's ability yet."

Chopper nodded, satisfied with the answer he was given and looked back at the screen.

"TONY! USE IT!" Chris shouted as he continued to send lightning bolts to the demon.

The navy haired man nodded and used his ability. "Gravity: Pressure."

Kai started to feel a heavy weight on him trying to push him down to the ground, but he was able to stable himself and didn't give in to the pressure. The bolts were having a lesser affect in the creature as he was getting use to the numbness.

"Foolish humans." Kai's voice boomed, shaking the ground, and making some to lose their balance, though they quickly got up. "You dare challenge me!"

"Get ready!" Warned Clare as she was prepared to fight the demon in front of them. "Remember he will be hard to defeat. Never drop your guard."

"Right!"

Maria started to float as the rocks and trees started to float with her. There was an orange glow from her eyes and around her body. Lea had a hot pink aura around her as her hands started to turn into claws. He legs were in the colours of a tiger, as well as her claws. Tiger ears appeared on top of her head and a tail was on her back. Her eyes sharp as if she was hunting her prey. Lea was in the form of her human tiger.

"Animal transformations: Tiger." Lea called out as she turned into the form.

Yuki and Yuko went into their own transformations as they did back in the cave. They were going all out. They had a mission to complete.

Lea rushed towards the demon with the twins alongside her. Clare was at the back with Tony and Makino. Makino also decided to use her ability to make sure that the demon was trapped.

"Nature: Vine fence." She chanted as vines surrounded the area they were in like a giant fence.

Maria threw the floating things towards the demon, making him do unnecessary actions to at least Kai a little bit. Maria and Yuki slashed the skin of the monster, making him scream a bit. Yuko also did some fire lasers and beams, as he tried to get closer to the chest.

"What are their abilities?" Nami whispered.

"Lea's seem to be animal transformation, giving her the qualities of the animal she wants. She can attack the opponent with her animal abilities. It is quite destructive, but it depends on the animal she chooses to transform into." Robin explained. "Maria's ability is telekinesis. She can move things with her mind. Making them float or moving them to a place she chooses. She can control things, which is quite powerful in its own way."

Sabo nodded. He wished he had something like that. It would have helped with paperwork and trying to get a distraction. It would be very useful in battle as well. Lifting multiple swords and making them fight the enemy. Even long range would be suitable for the ability. It would just be like stabbing the person, but from far away. Very useful.

"My fires better." Ace grinned as he started to play with his devil fruit.

Sabo sighed. 'Of course, Ace wouldn't understand how good telekinesis is.'

Silvia clapped as she was impressed with how Robin knew all the abilities of the group. "Good job Robin, but I think we should continue to watch the battle. It will show some of little angel's... sadness, anger, hatred and... trauma."

'Trauma!?' The strawhats thought, along with the two brocons. 'Luffy had trauma?'

The goddess read their minds and replied, "Of course. There had to be a reason for him to always get stronger. Sabo, Ace, didn't you notice that Luffy would sneak out on a certain night every year?"

"Wait, he still did that?" Sabo asked.

"Yeah." Answered Ace. "But I just let it go. I never thought it was important."

Sabo face palmed. "If he was doing it every year, wouldn't you wonder what he does on those days?"

"Of course. I got curious and followed him one night, but all I got to see at the end was him sitting near the cliff we always went to and stare out to the ocean." Ace replied but suddenly realized something. "You don't think he was thinking about the island and the demon guy when he was looking out of the ocean, right?"

Sabo shrugged. "I don't know, but it's probably the answer."

Ace sighed and scratched his head. "Why does Luffy have a complicated past!?"

Silvia rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "He just does."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.1K 3K 163
in which, she joins the strawhats 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦 x oc
1.5K 79 6
Their little brother disappeared for months and came back stronger. It was strange. Luffy didn't remember anything and thought he had a long dream. G...
2.3K 53 3
Phoenix, that's my name... Well I believe it is until Anna called me in a different name. Marco, who's Marco? What connection do I have with the Whit...
116K 4.5K 23
After the death of Portgas D. Ace, the Navy wish to prevent the continuation of the bloodline of the Pirate King. They send soldiers to an island on...