Spartans never die (Male Read...

By Snowballgamerz

After being a lone wolf you end up joining the noble team as their new noble 6. This story is based through o... More

Introduction
Harem
Noble Actual (Halo-Reach)
Winter Contingency (Halo-Reach)
ONI: Sword Base (Halo-Reach)
Nightfall (Halo-Reach)
Tip of the Spear (Halo-Reach)
Harem Update
Long Night of Solace (Halo-Reach)
Exodus (Halo-Reach)
I NEED HELP
New Alexandria (Halo-Reach)
The Package (Halo-Reach)
The Pilar of Autumn (Halo-Reach) Final
The Pillar of Autumn (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Halo (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Truth and Reconciliation (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Assault on the Control Room (Halo-Combat Evolved)
343 Guilty Spark (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Library (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Two Betrayals (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Keyes (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Maw (Halo-Combat Evolved) Final
The Heretic (Halo 2)
The Armory (Halo 2)
Cairco Station (Halo 2)
Outskirts (Halo 2)
Metropolis (Halo 2)
The Arbiter (Halo 2)
The Oracle (Halo 2)
Delta Halo (Halo 2)
Regret (Halo 2)
Scared Icon (Halo 2)
Quarantine Zone (Halo 2)
Question
Gravemind (Halo 2)
Uprising (Halo 2)
High Charity (Halo 2)
The Great Journey (Halo 2) Final
Arrival (Halo 3)
Sierra 117 (Halo 3)
Crow's Nest (Halo 3)
Tsavo Highway (Halo 3)
Another Harem Update
The Storm (Halo 3)
Floodgate (Halo 3)
The Ark (Halo 3)
The Covenant (Halo 3)
Cortana (Halo 3)
Another Fantastic Question
Halo (Halo 3) Final
Prologue (Halo 4)
Dawn (Halo 4)
Requiem (Halo 4)
Forerunner (Halo 4)
Infinity (Halo 4)
Reclaimer (Halo 4)
Shutdown (Halo 4)
Update once again
Composer (Halo 4)
Tiny announcement and vote
Midnight (Halo 4)
Epilogue (Halo 4) Final
Teams for Halo 5 (Updated)
Confession (Halo 4.5)
The Night With The Chief (Halo 4.5) 18+
Love Between Alien and Human (Halo 4.5) 18+
The Lustful Nobles (Halo 4.5) 18+
My Commander (Halo 4.5) 18+
Training the rookies (Halo 4.5) Final
Prologue (Halo 5)
Osiris (Halo 5)
Another Announcement
IM BACK
Next Book/Story Description/Preview
Blue Team (Halo 5)
Glassed (Halo 5)
Meridian Station (Halo 5)
Unconfirmed (Halo 5)
Evacuation (Halo 5)
Reunion (Halo 5)
Swords of Sanghelios (Halo 5)
Alliance (Halo 5)
Enemy Lines (Halo 5)
Before the Storm (Halo 5)
Battle of Sunaion (Halo 5)
Genesis (Halo 5)
The Breaking (Halo 5)
Guardians (Halo 5) Final
Aftermath (Halo 5.6)
The Loving AI Companion (Halo 5.6) 18+

The Silent Cartographer (Halo-Combat Evolved)

4.8K 84 32
By Snowballgamerz

The Silent Cartographer

Two Pelican dropships, Echo 419 and Bravo 022, approach an island, low over the water. The Master Chief and Nobel Six is inside the leading dropship, Echo 419.

Cortana: "The Covenant believe that what they call "the Silent Cartographer" is somewhere under this island. The Cartographer is a map room that will lead us to Halo's control center. The island has multiple structures and installations. One of them contains the map room."

Foehammer (COM): "We're approaching the LZ, it's gonna be hot! Get set to come out swingin'. Touchdown! Hit it, Marines!"

Staff Sergeant Stacker: "Go, go, go!"

Once the drop ship landed you and master chief run out in front of everyone else taking out the Covenant hostiles. The chief is using her assault rifle while your using your shotgun. One of the Covenant scums was gonna hit the chief with a rocket launcher of sorts but you quickly push her out of the way taking the hit from the rocket but not before you throw a grenade which exploded killing the Covenant. With your shield recharging you get up and walk towards the chief. You extend your hand towards her as you help her up.

Y/N L/N: "Are you ok?"

Master Chief: "I should be asking you that but yeah thanks for the save."

You nod as you head along the beach killing more Covenant hostiles. Little did you know under her helmet the Chief was blushing redder then a tomato.

Once the beach is cleared of Covenant hostiles:

Master Chief: "Area's secure. All hostiles have been eliminated."

Cortana: "Affirmative. Echo 419 inbound."

Foehammer (COM): "Somebody order a Warthog?"

Sergeant Stacker (COM): "Hey, I didn't know you made house calls, Foehammer!"

Foehammer (COM): "You know our motto. We Deliver."

As the Chief boards the driver seat of the Warthog and you board the passenger side, a Marine occupy the turret.

Cortana: "Okay, let's move out. Let's go find the map room that will show us the location of Halo's control center."

The team approaches the main building.

Cortana: "There, in the cliff wall; I'll bet the Silent Cartographer is somewhere inside that facility."

Private First Class Hosky: (On the Warthog looking at the passing Covenant Dropship) "Anyone else see what I see? How are we supposed to get around that, huh?"

As the Master Chief shoots her way into the facility while you and the marine just sit/stand there.

Cortana: "The Covenant are putting up a real fight! The Cartographer must be here. My analysis indicates that the map room should be at the bottom floor of this facility. Let's keep going inside."

The Spartans reaches the top a slope that leads to an open door. A group of Covenant stand guard at the door, with a Zealot blocking the way in.

Cortana: "Don't let them lock the doors!"

The doors close.

Cortana: "Interesting...I underestimated the Covenant's understanding of Halo's subsystems. They've locked the doors, and we don't have enough firepower to get through them."

Cortana (COM): "Cortana to Keyes."

Captain Jacob Keyes (COM): "Go ahead, Cortana. Have you found the control center?"

Cortana (COM): "Negative, Captain. The Covenant have impeded our progress. We can't proceed unless we can disable this installation's security system."

Captain Keyes (COM): (slight pause) "Understood. We're still en route to the objective. I may be out of contact when we get there. (pause) Here are your orders. I want you to use any means necessary to force your way into the facility and find Halo's control center. We have to get to the center before the Covenant, and failure, people, is not an option."

Foehammer (COM): "Echo 419 to ground teams. I'll stay on station and keep an eye out for Covenant boogies."

Sergeant Stacker (COM): "Second squad, ready to roll! Soon as everybody's topside!"

Marine (COM): "LZ looks secure, Sir, nothing moving."

Captain Keyes (COM): "Good luck, people. Keyes out."

Cortana: "We need to find the security override to get this door open."

As the Spartans passes a path leading up into the island.

Cortana: "It looks like there is a path leading to the interior of the island."

The Spartans passes the substation, which juts out of the cliffs.

Cortana: "Well, there's the entrance to the security substation, but it looks like we'll have to look for another way up."

The Spartans makes there way towards the security substation, fighting past multiple Covenant troops including a pair of Hunters. Eventually, they reached the substation. Once inside, they then have to deal with another pair of Hunters. After defeating the pair of Hunters and reaching the security override panel.

Cortana: "Use the holo panel to shut down the security system."

You then proceed to shut the system down. The previously locked door opens to reveal the Zealot Elite, which dashes out of the door in surprise.

Cortana: "Good. That should open the door that leads into the main shaft."

It's Quiet...

The Spartans moves down the hall from the security substation, towards the exit.

Bravo 022 Pilot (COM): "Mayday, mayday! Dropship Bravo 022 taking enemy fire! Repeat! We are under heavy fire and are losing altitude!"

Cortana (COM): "Understood. We're on our way."

A group of Stealth Elites attempt to ambush the Spartans but they defeat them and heads back up.

The Spartans exit the substation and sees Bravo 022's wreckage on the beach below. Marine bodies and Covenant forces can be seen around it.

Cortana: "Spartans, Bravo 022 was bringing us some heavy weapons. After I saw we were up against Hunters, I thought you could use them. Let's move down the beach. Keep an eye out for any cargo we can salvage."

The Spartans return to the entrance to the Cartographer which is now guarded by Hunters. The Spartans defeat the Hunters and enters the structure once more. Once the Spartans enter through the now-unlocked door leading to the shaft

Shafted

The Spartans walks out onto the platform overlooking the shaft. You then kick a loose piece of debris down it. It falls down the seemingly endless shaft. The Spartans moves farther down into the facility, into the third of four levels

Foehammer (COM): "Foehammer to ground teams, you got two enemy dropships coming in fast!"

Sergeant Stacker (COM): "Dammit! Okay, people, we got company comin', let's set the table. Engage enemy forces on sight!"

Cortana (COM): "It'll be easier to hold them off from inside the structure. Can you get inside?"

Sergeant Stacker (COM): "Negative! They're closin' in too fast, negative! (pause) Spartans! You gotta find the Cartographer! We'll keep 'em busy as long as we can!"

Cortana (COM): "Give 'em hell, Marine. We'll be in a tight spot if we don't get out of here before additional reinforcements arrive. Let's find that map."

The Spartans finally reaches the Cartographer.

Cortana: "There. That holo-panel should activate the map."

The Chief activates the holo-panel. The Silent Cartographer holo display begins to spin, and the diagram of Halo begins to break into sections.

Cortana: "Analyzing... Halo's control center is located there. That structure appears to be some sort of temple or shrine, if I've interpreted this correctly. (pause) Interesting. A shrine is an unlikely place to put such a significant installation."

Cortana (COM): "Cortana to Captain Keyes."

Slight pause.

Foehammer (COM): "The Captain has dropped out of contact, Cortana. His ship may be out of range or having equipment problems."

Cortana (COM): "Keep trying. Let me know when you've reestablished contact, and then tell him that the Master Chief and I have determined the location of the control center. We'll be heading there as soon as we're topside."

Foehammer (COM): "Affirmative. Foehammer out."

Covenant reinforcements, including the Zealot from the first cutscene, have retaken the upper levels of the facility, forcing the Spartans to fight his way back up.

Cortana (COM): "Cortana to Echo 419. The Chief and I are topside, requesting pickup."

Foehammer (COM): "Roger. On my way."

the Spartans boards the now landed Pelican. Echo 419 lifts off from the platform and rises quickly, circling the center of the island.

Cortana (COM): "Let's get moving. Foehammer. Here are coordinates and a flight plan I've worked out."

Foehammer (COM): "But, Cortana... these coordinates are underground."

Cortana (COM): "The Covenant did a thorough seismic scan. My analysis shows that Halo is honeycombed with deep tunnels - which circle the whole ring."

The structure where the first pair of Hunters appeared lifts up, revealing an underground tunnel; Echo 419 lowers into it as the structure returns to its original position.

Foehammer (COM): "I hope your analysis is on-the-money, Cortana. This Pelican won't turn on a dime."

Cortana (COM): "Look on the bright side, Foehammer. The last thing the Covenant will expect is an aerial insertion... from underground."

Echo 419 continues to lower through the structure, the top closes with a crash before everything goes dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 3.2K 31
First fanfiction story I made. Thousands of years ago aliens invaded planet Earth and humans were forced to leave home and move to the Earth. To this...
79.2K 1.3K 23
4 and a half years after reach ONI has been unable to secure and augment the Spartan, Noble Six is now considered the last spartan 3. Being bred for...
35.9K 760 18
(Side note: this is a Halo fan story and will not follow the lore at all. Plus I do not own anything from Halo.) WARNING: this involves violence and...
5.9K 170 11
Halo, but with an oddity. Having survived the Fall of Reach, the Pillar of Autumn and those aboard were not given much time to rest. Upon their escap...