Luffy's Past

بواسطة 2021Night

In the middle of the war between the marines and the Whitebeard pirates, a bright light appeared bring the st... المزيد

Chapter 1 - Intro
Chapter 2 - Family
Chapter 3 - Hostage
Chapter 5 - Core
Chapter 6 - The Will
Chapter 7 - Decision
Chapter 8 - Message
Chapter 9 - Abilities
Chapter 10 - Plan
Chapter 11 - Death
Chapter 12 - Darkness
Chapter 13 - Guiding Lights
Chapter 14 - Passing
Chapter 15 - Repeat
Chapter 16 - Demon History
Chapter 17 - Free
Chapter 18 - Epilogue

Chapter 4 - Break

9.9K 314 89
بواسطة 2021Night

"I'm hungry!" Whined Ace as he cried crocodile tears. "When can we get something to eat?"

Sabo shook his head. "You really haven't changed. Even though you and Luffy aren't blood related, you sure do act like him a lot."

Ace pouted. "I haven't eaten in ages. That's different from Luffy who always wants to eat, even if he just ate."

"Our food storage always has to be stocked up, but in the end if we let Luffy into the kitchen, he would eat all of the food in a day." Nami said as she shook her head along with her friends.

"If I didn't keep a damn lock on the fridge, then we would all be starving, thanks to the shitty captain." Added Sanji as he had a tick mark of how Luffy would sneak into the kitchen to grab food at night, before he added a lock onto the fridge to keep Luffy away.

"That sounds like Luffy." Sabo laughed. "My two brothers both have a huge stomach."

"You do too Sabo." Called out Koala as there were some snickers from the crowd, when Sabo's face turned into a bright shade of red.

Ace was laughing at his brother's expression, but Silvia decided to grant their request, well more like Ace's, to give them food. It had been a few days since they had started to watch the memories, but she didn't tell them that. She didn't need to. She had stopped time to make sure those people in the room can understand the little angel, though she wasn't sure of something.

She had rewound their sleepiness and injuries, thanks for her to be the goddess of time, but she couldn't do it for hunger. Anyway, it would be a good opportunity for the marines to see a side of pirates that aren't always fighting and that they are also people.

"You said you were hungry Ace." Started the goddess as she snapped her fingers and tables appeared. They were filled with food and drinks on top of the table. She continued. "Then eat. All of you should be hungry. I can't let you starve, not until we have finished watching little angel's memories."

Some people started to rush over to the table, but since it was a break for them, Zoro pulled out his sword and pointed it towards the goddess of time.

"Where is my captain?" He asked in a demanding voice, which stopped people from getting over to the table. The strawhats looked at him, knowing that he wanted an answer, after all, all of them could agree that he was the most loyal to their captain.

Ace and Sabo looked towards the floating woman and stared at her, also wanting to gain answers. "Where is Luffy?"

Silvia sighed and crossed her arms. "He's fine. I wouldn't want to hurt the little angel, anyway. He's the chosen one after all."

"What do you mean by the chosen one?" Questioned Robin as she was curious of how their cheerful captain seemed to be chosen a part of something serious.

"He is the one chosen by the gods." Stated the goddess.

"Anchor? The kid who thrusted a knife up his nose when he was a kid? That person?" Asked Shanks as he thought it was ridiculous for a person who did such a dumb thing to be chosen by the gods. Others were confused on what Red-haired Shanks had said, but the goddess nodded, which made Shanks more serious after the confirmation. "Why did you choose him?"

Shrugging, Silvia replied, "He was chosen the moment he was born."

"What do you mean?" Chopper said worriedly. If the gods were involved then Luffy would have a difficult path, also meaning that he would get hurt.

"It will show later in his memories." Silvia waved her hand telling the others not to continue the topic. "Anyway, your captain is fine, so lay down your sword Rorona Zoro."

"I want proof that he's fine." Zoro stated as he had piercing eyes directed towards the fox mask.

"Fine, fine. But be warned, he's not in the best of conditions. He is healing from the war." Silvia snapped her fingers and a bed appeared along with beeping noises.

All of the people looked towards the annoying noise and saw a lifeless body on a bed. He was unconscious and had many tubes attached towards his body.

"LUFFY!" his brothers and crew screamed as they tried to make their way to him, but an unknown force stopped them. Though it didn't stop Law and Chopper. They were doctors after all, so they knew what to do. They rushed towards the bed checking his conditions and frowned on what they saw.

His condition wasn't good. He was stable, yes, but the damage he had done to himself wasn't the best. Once they walked back towards the group, Chopper had tears in his eyes and Law had a darken expression. Silvia snapped her fingers again and Luffy returned to where he came from before.

"See, he's fine. You saw him and now eat." Ordered Silvia as she disappeared to somewhere.

Zoro gritted his teeth as retraced his swords back into their positons. He had a worried expression on his face when he had saw the captain on the bed like he was lifeless. He hadn't worried about him before, since he knew that his captain was strong and could take care of himself, but after seeing that. He didn't know what to think. It was the same for the crew. They always saw Luffy prevail and they had faith in him. They thought the Luffy was a monster, something that was different from them, but after seeing the state he was in, it reminded them that he was also a normal human being. He could get hurt and even die.

The crew looked at each other and awaited their vice-captain's permission. Zoro simply stated, "Eat. I know you're hungry."

The crew made their way towards the table and started to eat. The table was divided into two/three sections. One of marines, another for pirates and the last for the Revolutionary army. Once they were all eating, there was a lot of chatter at the pirate side, while the rest were pretty quiet.

During the meal, Usopp asked, "Chopper, how was Luffy?"

All of the crew remembered the state he was in the mood around them went gloomy. Ace and Sabo were sitting near them also wanting to hear about Luffy' condition, but also to see and get to know they. They are their little brother's crew, so if they couldn't handle him and do anything bad, they would not be forgiven lightly.

Ace had already met most of them, but it was best to reassess them again. Though he could tell that they really care about him. Sabo watched and also came to the same conclusion.

"He was stable, so that's good, but the damage wasn't the best." Chopper explained with tears in his eyes. "His hormones were all jumbled up and he has a lot of injuries. There was also poison in his system."

Zoro frowned. "How the hell did our captain get poison in his system?"

Ace's eyes widened. Luffy had come to Impel Down trying to rescue him before he set sailed to Marineford and there was a guard that was made out of poison. Putting the pieces together, Ace muttered, "Luffy, you didn't..."

Sabo heard, but knew not to ask. It was probably something to do with Impel Down if others didn't know, but Ace did.

Wanting to get rid of the depressing mood, Sabo asked, "How did you even join Luffy's crew?"

"Blackmail." Some of them said, which made others sweat drop. All of the chatter died down once Sabo asked the question, since they all wondered how the strawhat gathered a weird crew that insulted their captain.

"What do you mean, 'blackmail'?" Sabo stuttered, knowing that Luffy would do it.

"When I was the first one to join, he was getting punishment because I killed a marine's dog." Zoro stated as he glanced towards Helmeppo, while he gulped and slide down his seat. Zoro continued his story. "I was out there for about a month and I was going to get executed, then Luffy appeared out of nowhere and asked me to join his crew. I said no. I was a bounty hunter before, so why would I join a pirate crew. Then he told me that he wanted to be the king of the pirates and I told him my dream. After that, somehow Luffy and I made a deal and he went to grab my swords. I got myself free and we fought the marines and I became his firstmate."

"AWO! I never thought that you would also be blackmailed Zoro-bro!" Franky said.

The skeleton nodded. "YOHOHOHOHO, you are very loyal to Luffy-san even though he blackmailed you."

"He gained my respect along the way." Zoro smirked as he turned to Nami to share her story.

Nami sighed. "I joined after Zoro. I was stealing from some pirates, since then I despised them and I still can't believe that I joined a crew, but not the point. After 'joining', we fought Buggy and Luffy proved that he was a different pirate from others, so I 'joined', but then betrayed them."

"WHAT?!" Screamed the whole room.

"Then why are you still in the crew?" Asked a marine. "Why join them after you despised pirates and betrayed them."

Ace and Sabo were looking Nami up and down, deciding to trust her with their brother. Nami got a tick mark and snapped. "Let me finish the story!" Some gulped and quieted down.

"Thank you." Nami said as she calmed down. "Continuing. I was already a part of another pirate crew, called the Arlong pirates. You should know this pirate, since Luffy gained his first bounty after defeating him. Anyway, he was forcing me to draw maps for him and I was suffering. I wanted to break free, but he would kill everyone in my village. I betrayed Luffy and 'killed' Usopp, but before you ask what, I will tell you that I didn't really kill him. Back to the story, Luffy believed in me and fought Arlong to set me free. Then I officially joined the strawhat pirates to complete my dream and help Luffy to become the king of the pirates."

"So, you're not going to betray him again?" Questioned Kid, which gained him a punch from Nami.

"Of course not!"

Ace and Sabo sighed in relief. They knew that Luffy wouldn't give up on a person, since he had done the same for Ace. Nami turned to Usopp and the long nose grinned. It was his turn.

"Luffy arrived at my village and he told me about my dad being one of Shanks crew." Usopp started, but is dad interrupted him.

"What did he tell you?" Yasopp asked as he was eager to know how he was introduced to his son.

Usopp smiled. "He told me that you were a great sniper on Shanks crew and that you never stopped talking about me to others."

Shank's crew laughed and nodded knowing that Luffy had told Usopp the truth, though they all knew that he couldn't lie to save his life. On the other hand, Yasopp rubbed his hand behind his neck and chuckled.

"Luffy had come to the village and found out that Kuro, Kaya's butler, was actually and pirate trying to claim her fortune. He had tried to kill Kaya and everyone in the village. I couldn't warn them, since I was known for being a liar, so Luffy helped me to make sure that the lie 'pirates are coming' stayed a lie." Usopp said. "He fought Kuro and won, saving our village. After that, he was going and Kaya gave him the Going Merry as a thank you. Before I had told him my dream of becoming a great warrior of the sea and he told me to join. Now, I'm here."

"Wow Usopp, there wasn't a single lie in there." Commented Zoro as the rest of the crew snickered.

"Hey!"

Ace grinned. "It's good that Luffy's has a liar on his crew. He can't lie to save his life.

"Literally." Added Sabo as he and Ace had a slight dark expression, which only a few noticed.

"What do you mean?" Asked Usopp curiously.

"Nothing! It was something in the past." Sabo quickly answered and then lied. "We in trouble, so we tried to lie, but the person just had the ask Luffy."

"Ok, my turn." Announced Sanji as everyone awaited his story. "I worked at the sea restaurant and Luffy at the time was looking for a chief. He tasted my cooking and he wanted me to join him. I said no, but he refused my refusal."

"Yep, that's Luffy." Ace laughed. "He doesn't take no for an answer."

"Tell me about it." Sanji rolled his eyes. "Anyway, a pirate came over to the restaurant and wanted to take it. He was running from Mihawk and moss head fought him when he arrived after the guy. He lost terribly."

"OI!"

"You fought the world's greatest swordsman and came out alive?!" Exclaimed the navy-blue marine swordswoman.

Zoro huffed. "Yes, I did. But he got me the scar, since a scar is dishonorable for a swordsman."

"Continuing. Mihawk left and the pirate was still there after the restaurant, but Luffy came in and stopped him by punching him. Even though he had spikes covering his whole body, Luffy continued to punch him." Sanji explained as people cringed at the thought of the spikes, while Ace and Sabo had their eyes widened. Luffy had got struck but gloves with spikes, yet he didn't seem to be affected when he was hitting spikes to protect the sea restaurant. Luffy would truly do anything for his loved ones and his friends. "He defeated the guy and saved the restaurant. Then the chiefs at the restaurant wanted me to go on the journey with Luffy and put on a shitty act. They knew what I wanted to find, and I joined Luffy."

"Do you think Luffy did that?" Ace whispered to Sabo. "You know with the spikes? Luffy had nightmares of being hit by them for days."

Sabo whispered back. "But this is Luffy. He would do anything to protect his friends. I'm pretty sure he would if it was to save someone. He has a too big of a heart."

"My turn!" Chopper cheered as all of the attention was drawn to the reindeer. "So, I meet Luffy after he went to the Grand Line and he came to me looking for a doctor to heal Nami, since she was very sick. Somewhere along the way, Sanji got injured and Luffy had climbed a huge mountain to reach a doctor, while carrying both Sanji and Nami. He had multiple cuts and serious frostbite, but he did it all to get Nami to a docter."

"GURARARA. It seems you have a loyal brat." Whitebeard said.

Nami smiled softly. "Indeed, we do. He had always protected us."

"That's nice." Thatch said knowing that the whitebeard pirates were similar, well not Teach, but he wasn't a part of the crew anymore.

Chopper fake coughed, wanting to continue his story. "After healing Luffy with my mentor, he wanted to eat me along with Sanji. Thinking I was a deer and cooking me up would be yummy."

Some people laughed at the sudden turn of events. Ace and Sabo were laughing knowing their little brother would try and do that.

"Chopper, did you know when he was younger, Luffy's favourite meat was deer." Laughed Ace as he wiped a fake tear from his eyes.

Chopper sweat dropped. Zoro smirked, wanting to scare the mini doctor a bit more. "Oi Chopper, you never know when we're going to starve. Luffy might be keeping you for emergency food."

"No!" Screamed the reindeer horrified on what Zoro had said, while the rest sweat dropped.

Nami smacked Zoro on his head and pulled Chopper into a hug. "Zoro be nice! Chopper he was only kidding. No one will eat you."

"You promise?" Sobbed Chopper looking up to the navigator.

"Yes, I promise. Now can you continue to story?"

Chopper nodded and wiped his tears away. "After trying to eat me, Wapol, the king of the country came back after fleeing when Blackbeard attacked."

"Oh, you live on Drum Island? How come I never saw you there then?" Ace said while trying to remember if he ever saw the doctor.

"Oh, I was in the castle." Chopper explained. "Doctrine and I already visited the village before you came, and we only visit the once a month."

Ace paled. "You don't mean the castle on the big mountain that's impossible to climb. Luffy climbed up there to see you and this doctrine person?"

Chopper nodded, while Ace exclaimed, "How that hell did he survive while carrying two people? No wonder he had injuries! The fucking mountain is meters high!"

"Wait, what?" Sabo questioned, now worried since it wasn't every day for the famous Fire Fist Ace be to freaking out.

"If he had fallen, he would have been dead, along with the lady and cook!" Ace answered as he shook Sabo. "That's how high it is. It's more like a cliff than a mountain."

Vista commented, "But its fine now. He's alive."

Sighing, Ace just dropped the topic and looked at Chopper. Chopper got the message and continued his story.

"After Wapol, came back he tried to come back and take back the country he had left. He burnt down a flag that meant a lot to mee, but Luffy protected it. He fought Wapol and we never saw him again. After that, Luffy invited me to join his crew, but I refused calling myself a monster." Chopper explained with a darken expression. "But Luffy thought it was cool and wanted me on his crew. Now I would become a monster to protect others and the crew, but anyway. That's how I joined the crew."

"Ara~ Ara~" Robin said making others face her. "So that's how you joined? I was in a different situation. You see, I was their enemy at the start of everything."

"Why would Luffy let an enemy join his crew?" Groaned Sabo knowing the Luffy now had a weird way of recruiting his crewmates.

Robin giggled. "I was working with Crocodile when we met."

"CROCODILE?!"

"Yes." Robin confirmed. "I had no choice. It was so I could keep living, since the world government wanted me dead."

Some people looked at Robin with sad eyes. They all knew of the Devil's child Nico Robin. She had a bounty on her head even though she was only 8 years old. She had been on the run right after seeing her home burned down, at that young age.

"I was helping Luffy to defeat Crocodile and the ceiling was collapsing. I wanted to stay there and die, but Luffy saved me. Then, like Nami, I 'joined' the crew and travelled with them to sky island and water 7." Robin frowned as she explained the next part. "I made a deal with CP9, which was that I would die and go to Enies Lobby. I betrayed them and made my way over there with CP9"

Ace sighed. "You also betrayed Luffy?"

"Yes." Admitted the archeologist. "I thought that it was the right thing to do. I never thought that he would barge into Enies Lobby just to rescue me. Now I know him well enough, I now know that he would do that and more. He did barge in Impel Down to save his brother after all and made his way to Marineford."

"Don't remind me!" Complained Ace. "I knew he barged into Enies Lobby and thought he was crazy, but now I know the reason, I still think he's crazy, but I know where he's coming from."

Ace grinned as Robin and himself looked like they were both understanding each other, as the same person tried and did save them. Sabo smiled at his younger brothers' good nature, but he had wondered where it came from.

"He crashed into the building and gained his second gear, using saving a friend an excuse for him to get stronger, but when all of the crew at the time joined with him. He told me to say the wish that I had always wanted but kept in my heart. I released it out, shouting to the whole area my wish. That one sentence was already grantee when Luffy had decided on saving me." Robin said as she smiled. The rest of her friends smiled, remembering her wish, except Brook. "After saving me, we headed back to Water 7 and that was when I officially joined the strawhat crew."

Franky was crying. "I remember that SUPER moment. You guys looked SUPER when Robin was yelling out that she wanted to live."

Chopper sniffed. "I remember. Robin's never going to leave again. We will protect each other."

"It's more like Luffy charges in everywhere and fights every boss. Then we have to back him up." Zoro said. Then he shivered, remembering the move that he really hated Luffy for using. "Like that rocket of his."

The rest shivered as they all remembered their own experience with that move. The rest were just watching them, wanting to know how the cyborg and skeleton entered the crew.

"AWO! I joined the crew through blackmail!" Franky shouted as he did his pose with Chopper and Usopp joining him in the background. The people in the room sweat dropped.

"What do you mean-yoi?" Asked the first division commander of the whitebeard pirates.

Franky answered. "I was his enemy at first."

"Of course." Sabo sighed. "An enemy at first, like Robin. Luffy has a way with people."

Franky smiled and continued. "I was asked to join the crew and I refused. Luffy kept asking, so I avoided him, but my friends wanted me to go. They helped Luffy get me to the ship I built for them at Water 7. I was also there at Enies Lobby to see Robin yell out her SUPER wish. Anyway, they got me to the ship by stealing my underwear."

Thatch and some others were laughing, including Ace, while Marco, Sabo and the others looked very disturbed.

"Did you try and get them back?" Questioned Kid as he continued to laugh.

"Oh, he did." Answered Nami as she looked at Franky pitifully. "He ran after them through the city, without them. He drew a whole crowd to the ship."

There was another round of laughter and disturbed faces. Once settling down, Franky continued his story. "That happened and I was in front of the ship and Luffy had my underwear, telling me to join or if I don't, he wouldn't give back my underwear."

"Wow, you really got blackmailed-yoi." Marco said while sweat dropping. "Would he really do that-yoi?"

"Yep." Laughed Ace. "He doesn't take no for an answer."

"That's not the worst part." Chopper whispered.

Franky gained the attention of everyone in the room once more. "I refused again, saying that they could keep the underwear, since I could buy a new pair, but Robin suddenly became UNSUPER as she used her devil fruit to grab my family jewels."

All the boys in the room winced and paled at the story and looked at Robin in fear, but there was an evil glint in her eyes.

"You want me to do it again, Franky?" Robin asked with a dark smile. The cyborg shook his head and turned away from the devil's child. "It was only once. You're lucky that Luffy asked for you to still be a man when you were going to join."

All the men in the room backed away from the devil's child and paled. Franky gulped and added, "Then I joined. I had SUPER adventures and we met Brook."

"YOHOHOHOHO. I would like to share with them my story." Brook stated as the crowd turned to the skeleton, awaiting his story. "I was on my old crews ship, for 50 year. I had eaten the devil fruit that could bring a person alive. YOHOHOHOHO. It's also the reason I'm a skeleton. I died and it took me a while for me to find my body and when I did, it was already a skeleton. YOHOHOHO. After being by myself for a long time, Luffy-san's ship was the first one I saw in a long time."

"Then he asked you to join." Ace and Sabo added, knowing that their brother wouldn't want something so 'interesting' and 'cool' to not be a part of his crew.

"YOHOHOHO." Laughed Brook. "He did indeed ask me to join his crew straight away once he was exploring my ship. He even asked me if I could poop."

Ace and Sabo sighed while shaking their heads, as they knew that Luffy would be asking the stupid question. They wouldn't be surprised if he had asked Chopper and Franky that, which he probably did.

"I joined and hopped onto the ship and the rest were calling me a ghost. YOHOHOHOHO. Ah, I remember as if it was yesterday. Zoro-san was yelling at Nami-san and Sanji-san that had also boarded the ship to keep an eye on Luffy-san, about how they were supposed to stop him from doing anything crazy. They were also yelling at Luffy-san about asking me to join the crew, though they couldn't do anything about it, since it is Luffy-san. YOHOHOHO." Brook explained. It was true. The crew had no respect for their captain, but it seemed the pirates could relate to the crew. Especially Shanks and Whitebeard. "After that encounter, we we're going to set sail, but I told them I couldn't. Moria had stolen my shadow. If I were to get into the sunlight, I would have died. But Luffy-san went to Thriller Bark to get my shadow back. YOHOHOHO. Luffy-san battled Moria, but he had his shadow taken as well."

"WHAT?!" Screamed the two brocons.

"Don't worry, he was able to get it back, but Zoro-san, Sanji-san, Ronbin-san and Luffy-san nearly disappeared. YOHOHOHOHO. Luffy-san had great timing and we were safe. Though Kuma did come and try to attack while Luffy-san was unconscious. He demanded Luffy-san's head in return of sparing all of our lives." Brook explained.

"You didn't trade him, right?" Sabo said as he looked at the crew seriously.

"OF COURSE NOT!" Shouted the crew, kind of offended that their captain's brother thought they would have.

Sabo smiled. "He has a good crew."

"I know." Ace grinned, but then is became serious. "But where were they when Luffy broke into Impel Down and Marineford?"

The srtrawhats looked down in shame. Some gritting their teeth, unable to help their captain when he needed them the most.

"We had gotten separated by Kuma, but that was after I joined the crew, when we reached Sabaody." Brook said. "Luffy had punched a celestial dragon because he shot one of our friends and the light devil fruit marine user started to attack us. That's when Kuma sent us away on our different paths."

"HE WHAT?!"

"YOHOHOHOHO. He punched a celestial dragon." Repeated the skeleton.

Ace shook his head. "I bet he did. If it was to save a friend, like you said, and probably revenge for Sabo, since he was 'killed' by a celestial dragon."

"Probably." Sabo crossed his arms and nodded.

"If that's the case, then no wonder Mugiwara-ya looked anger at the guy." Law stated. "He was probably anger or afraid of the celestial dragons trying again to take away someone he cared for."

"Well, that's pretty much of how we all joined his crew." Concluded the orange haired woman.

"HAHAHAHA." Laughed Garp. "The little brat has weird way of recruiting his crewmates."

The whole room seemed to nod in agreement with the marine hero and Silvia appeared once more and nodded.

"Now that's done, we can continue to watch the little angel's past."

Usopp lifted a hand. "Before that, I would like to know why you call Luffy 'little angel'."

The fox mask shook and there was a sighing noise. "You will continue watching and you will see what I mean when the time comes."

The table disappeared and the group of people went back to their seats to face the screen. Silvia floated at the back, watching with them and at them. This was after all, the scenes were going to be harder to watch from now on.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

What Wasn't بواسطة Nelly

قصص الهواة

3.9K 145 1
Luffy and the Straw Hats travel back in time unexpectedly and right before Marineford. Time Travel, Gen, Third-pov, Multi-pov, Luffy-centric. (not my...
111K 3.9K 20
Luffy, Ace, and Sabo grew up together on Dawn island. But by the unfortunate tempts of fate, happened to visit Makino when a Celestial Dragon decided...
6.1K 125 22
┊✧*。 ✯┊☪⋆✧*。 ┊ ᴋᴇɴɢɴꜱᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴꜰᴀᴍᴏᴜꜱ ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇᴅ ᴘɪʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴀꜱ ʜᴇ ɪꜱ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀɪɴᴇꜱ, ꜱᴇᴛꜱ ꜱᴀɪʟ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ ʟᴜꜰꜰʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴀᴡ-ʜᴀᴛꜱ ʙᴜᴛ. - - - - ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴇ ꜰ...
365K 12.8K 79
Portgas D. Ace x [Female] Reader ••• Wanted for something you couldn't control. Something you were born with. At the age of 6, your village was raide...