The End of Summer

By _Iristpwk

"I'm still living for you, love." 89 unforgettable summer nights 2 years later Different soul same comfort... More

- Note
- One
- Two
- Three
- Four
- Five
- Seven
- Eight
- Nine
- Ten
- Eleven
- Tweleve
- Thirteen
- Fourteen
- Fifteen
- Sixteen
- Seventeen
- Eighteen
- Nineteen
- Twenty
- Twenty One
- Twenty two
- Twenty Three
- Twenty Four
- Twenty Five
- Twenty Six
- Twenty Seven
- Twenty Eight
- Twenty Nine
- Thirty
- Thirty One
- Thirty Two
- Thirty Three

- Six

333 5 83
By _Iristpwk

Adisyn Kay Wise

My pen tapping on the paper as I read over the latest financial reports and gathering up the details for the venues. Endless amount of words; I'm the type of person who enjoys reading but when it comes to reading something I am not motivated to read, my mind will go blank. It's a problem, and all the words that have been on my screen for the past 30 minutes are mixing together making new words?

I know understand what people mean when they say 'My brain can't process all the words' So many numbers and addresses, so many pictures and descriptions, so many reports all crowded. I feel my head even get dizzy from reading all of this.

There's this one venue that caught my eye and I hope we get a change to go view it, it's so beautiful? I mean the pictures made me fall in love and the descriptions are everything! We would still have to contact the designers to make sure they will have enough back room but the space looks wide enough?

From the shows I have attended, everything usually goes smoothly? I always have help, our partners usually help but our new partners don't do shit. They just boss people around as if they own this place!

Reed— I mean Mr. Auclair asked for his own office even though this isn't his fucking agency? I understand he wants to be organized but he was so bitchy about it? And that brunette that I bumped into the other day, yeah well she's his assistant and she is such a pleaser to him? He sends her for coffee, food, work, and acts like she's his servant? And she's so rude too!

I don't know how I'm going to work with him on my project! One thing is to work with him for the agency but there's a whole other story in working with him for my project, it's so pathetic. He's my last signature... Why couldn't it have been someone else? Why him? Out of all the propel that there is Reed in is our partner?

Louis told me all he talks about is business and he is professional and I know he is probably professional but he almost made me loose my job! He's such a bitch. I know it. I know he's a bitch!

I have one day left to finish my information and it must be perfect, when I want something to go great it goes horrible? It's like the universe is against me and it probably is considering I dropped my coffee right after I got it and they ran out of donuts and bagels so it is my bad day—

"Reed Auclair needs you," A lady said with her head peaking out of the door before closing it and walking away. He needs me. Reed Auclair wants to talk to me, how lovely.

With my pen clicking in and out I walk over to his office, unfortunately, our offices aren't far enough. They had to just put me 5 away from him to 'work better' how do they plan for me to work well with him. Coming in mind, all those years that they told me in school when they put me far away from my friends and said 'it's so that in the future you'll know how to work with people you don't like' yeah well that didn't work. I'm working with the guy I hate and I'm whining constantly so that didn't work?

I knock on the door and hear him telling me to come in "You need me?" I put on my fake polite voice as he nods telling me to enter the office.

He is flipping through pages from a black folder "Bring me a coffee." He looks up at me and looks back down at the folders and to his computer sitting in front of him. What.

He wants me to bring a coffee? Is he fucking insane or something? I am not his assistant and I am not a server who can come around your office and give you coffee! I am a fashion assistant and I help but I do not help him?

"One and half of creamer and one sugar." He says still looking at the papers, "and I need the presentation by tomorrow morning. Change of plans," What the fuck is wrong with rich dudes? I am not a multi tasking machine who can serve him coffee and be there for his service and expect me to finish a report by tomorrow morning? I have a life outside of work and I already have plans tonight how dare him!

"I beg your pardon?"

He sighs and looks up "Are you deaf, Wise? I said bring me a coffee; One of creamer and one of sugar." He demands in a much more serious voice than before.

First of all, I did not go to school and study fashion to be serving coffees to some arrogant rich dude? When I moved out of my house I swore I would have a successful career and apart of my successful career does not include serving coffees! What the hell? Second of all, he expects me to have a report by tomorrow morning and serve him coffee? Third of all, I have a life outside of work and I'm sure he does too! He probably has a girlfriend and has his own life problems that he deals with so how dare him tell me to have a report last minute by tomorrow morning?

He is a complete arrogant bitch who has been taught no respect and if he has, it didn't work.

"I'm sorry, sir but I am not your server nor your assistant." I say tilting my head and raising a brow? Shit. That slipped out. I shouldn't have said that! I didn't even mean to say that? I was supposed to think that? Crap. I said that out loud to him didn't I? Crap. Crap. Crap. I am so screwed!

There goes my career and my whole life work! Shit. Why did I even open my mouth I should have just shut up and went to grab his fucking coffee!

"I—"

"You're an assistant, am I right or am I wrong?"

"Yes, I am. But I'm a fashion assistant not a server who goes around and grabs coffee—" Oh Adisyn just shut the fuck up for gods sake! Each of your words are destroying your careers piece by piece so please just stop talking and go get this idiot a coffee. My eyes press shut as I start regretting each and every single one of my words.

"One creamer, one sugar, Wise." Fucking bitch!

•••

"One and half creamer, one sugar? Eww." Ivy leaned in to the coffee in disgust. Her face crinkled from just looking at it. "Are you punishing yourself for working with Reed or have you gone insane?" Both.

"Our business partner asked me to bring him coffee, isn't that delightful?" I smile in pure hatred from just stirring the coffee with the small plastic stick. "Where's the sugar?" I ask looking around the drawers trying to find the sugar. Ugh if we don't have sugar that's the end of my life. He's probably going to start saying that I suck at my 'job' and so on and I will have to tolerate his complaints... He's going to make these months living hell for all I know!

"Left side second drawer, they did some changes." They like organizing the coffee station a lot, I always loose track of where things are so if there's someone around me I usually ask and lucky for me; Ivy was grabbing herself a coffee. She usually grabs coffee from a near coffee shop, it's like 3 blocks from here and it's a really nice. They have good coffee, and really good croissants and bagels! She usually grabs me something from there, their breakfast sandwiches are good too! And here's the best part; It's not overpriced! It's actually pretty cheap for how amazing their drinks and food are!

I tear the sugar packet and slowly pour it into the coffee cup. "What else has he said to you?" Ivy questions throwing away her plastic stick into the can and taking a sip of her coffee.

I think of the things he has said to me so far. "Well so far in so little time of knowing him, he is making me get him coffee right now, he also told me that by tomorrow morning I need to have my work finished to show him, he asked me this morning to go copy some papers for him and instead of inviting me to the meeting with his parents, Ashlynn and Stephan Auclair, he made his assistant come give me a sticky note that read and I quote..." I pulled out the yellow sticky note with blue pen written and read out loud mocking his voice "You will NOT and CANNOT enter my meetings without giving me the full information of what I asked you to show me. You're doing very badly so far, Wise." I hate that he calls me Wise.

What's wrong with your last name? I get that asked almost every day but I just don't like how it sounds end of story. There's no huge traumatic experience behind it; Other than my parents weren't the most supportive parents but that didn't traumatize me. I just don't like my last name being said, I like being directed as Adisyn Kay and all this building knows me as Adisyn Kay? Adisyn Kay Wise... I don't like how that sounds? Adisyn Wise... It's better but I still don't like it?

"He also calls me Wise." I roll my eyes and grab a napkin from the stand. I look at the pink cardboard box and grab the last croissant. "Wish me luck!"

There's a good amount of people whispering about Reed, they're not bad things? By all they're good things, weirdly good things? Their either compliments or just guesses on how good of a kisser he is, I wonder if he's a good kisser? I mean he certainly doesn't go to all these events by himself, everyone has seen pictures of him with models and so on so they know he must be a good kisser or he pays them? There are so many questions that I have about Reed?

I've known him for just a day and my mind is surrounded by questions each time I see him? He's like... the person who gives me unanswered questions and I can't ask him those questions? It would be awfully awkward and even disrespectful of me to ask!

I knock on his door and then come in, the coffee on one hand and the croissant on the other. "For last years fashion show did anyone get selected to work with a brand or did they fail miserably?" Well that's an answer I have! I've done all my research on this!

"Last years show consisted of three candidates and one of them made it to a magazine, believe they're working with a brand? French if I'm correct!"

"Do you guys carry pictures of these— well like what they showed? Their designs?" Now that I do not know! I do know that they hired some pretty great photographers who did an excellent job, I remember looking at the pictures and they were gorgeous! So clean and clear, literal perfection! But I do not remember if they took pictures of the candidates designs or where they even keep them? I would have to contact the photographers and the whole team to get the information.

"I'm not sure if they took pictures of the designs or where they even keep them? I'd have to contact the team." He nods scrolling through his computer listening to me, "If I may know, why the question?"

He sighs "For your designs we can take a look at theirs, we wouldn't be copying or anything but just to settle you the idea how they got there. Fashion has definitely changed but it's always good to have a fresh start looking at the past."

"I know you mean that isn't copying their work but how would that help me?" I don't think that would help me a bit? I mean as you said, fashion has changed? I believe it's best I do my own work and struggle with my own ways, I can make it work and I already have some ideas in mind; I just need time to start designing them but I'm good?

"Well it should allow your brain to process some ideas, you won't be copying them you can create your own design. When the brain looks at ideas it develops it's own, it gets motivated." I wonder if he actually cares about all this? Like me working hard for my career? Me wanting the best for me, like does he care or is it all just an act?

I put the coffee down on his desk and look at him "I already have some ideas for the designs, I just need to start sketching them out."

"Submissions are in a month and a half, if I were you I would hurry up. You can leave."

•••

"He can't be that bad?" Jade says frowning her brows as she takes a bite of her sandwich.

Jade Claire Evans. Ivy's oldest sister by one year to be exact, one of my best friends who I met the same day I met Ivy; With Reece. Beautiful sunny day on a stroll through the busy city and we bumped into them, ever since we've been great friends! We're the exact age; 22! She's an interior designer and she usually helps me with the venues, if you haven't told by now al my friends somehow help me with my job! Or somehow have something in common?

Ezra laughs as he flips through the magazines reading the articles about him "'Reed Auclair makes a stop Starbucks with his potential lover!' 'Reed Liam Auclair was found this afternoon entering the shop with the stunning Italian model, Victoria DelCour after being spotted in the evening with her. Auclair and DelCour have been the top talk of this month...' Victoria is gorgeous and all, I mean she smiles for the camera she's beautiful etc and then there's Reed. A plain ass face making an expression that he's so done with this shit!" He laughs continuing reading the gossip magazine!

Ezra Walker. Met him at a party with Jade and Ivy, went to the same college and apparently to the same high school? Our high school was pretty big and he was there for his junior year and senior year, by that time I was not there. I skipped my senior year and went directly to college, I graduated a year earlier thanks to my amazing knowledge! Ezra is a photographer, he works at fashion shows and movie premiers etc... He is actually a bit of everything! I like to call him my personal cook! He's amazing at cooking, cooking is actually one of his passions and his pastas are so perfectly cooked and seasoned the thought of it makes my mouth water! Ezra is also pretty attractive and no I do not have feelings for Ezra, he's my best friend and he's a complete hook up! I have had to save him so many times from his hook ups! I adore Ezra really, but I don't like how his commitment issues make him fade away from his feelings.

He's still pretty cool though?

"He thought I was Adisyn at the meeting and was getting all gentleman, I believe if you had attended the meeting he would've fucked you!" Ivory Evans, we all know Ivy! Everybody knows Ivy here, Ivy is like- an icon here?

Ivory Evans, also called Ivy. She's a mixture of all of us here! We believe we influenced her, she's a year younger than us and she's also a fashion assistant. She's starting to run some shows, this year will be a year since she started working here. One more year till she can enter the organization and I know she will do amazing! Ivy is a complete organization freak, she's like me? Well she's actually a mixture of all of us, she can be a person who is all organized or be the complete opposite of that? She's also a decent cooker, I think baking is her strength and her favorite? She helps me at fashion events and is a great person. Here's when she's like Ezra; Commitment issues. In honesty, I think all of us have a bit of that and by a bit I mean a lot.

"He's hot?" Angel states looking at his pictures from magazines "He can really pull a black suit, but he's a jerk? A hot jerk to be exact!" She smiles still flipping through the pages.

Angel Patterson. Sister of Ms. Patterson, well known worker, amazing designer, strong businesswomen. After Ms. Patterson got a divorce, she started working with an agency and slowly she developed her own clothing line and became associated with many other agencies and now her sister is following her footsteps. I've known Angel for about 2 or 3 years? She's sweet, pretty, smart, funny, she's charming? For the amount of time I've known Angel, I have gotten to know her pretty well? She has a thing for men with good words, she falls for men with words and their actions. She's an independent women who has helped her sister achieve some of her goals, she has good potential? I've always admired her!

I shake my head disagreeing and taking a bite of the pasta "He is a complete arrogant asshole who is an idiot and doesn't care nor think about anyone other than him! He believes he is some sort of goddess who can get ahold of women at any time he wants and believes anyone will be at his service within seconds due to his background which he did not earn but he received from his parents! He allowed compliments to get to his ego and has allowed his ego to get bigger than the fucking world and I am supposed to tolerate an egotistic guy like him for months!"

I despise Reed Auclair. I don't like him one bit; I don't like the way he works nor the way he treats me. I am not his servant I'm supposed to be planning things and working on my proposal for the program but instead he sent me to serve him coffee? How will that help me in my future and if you were to ask me, how did anyone ever work with him? How did they manage to not pull their hair out? Did they have sex with him which made him all nice because if that's the key I am not doing it!

I am earning my respect.

I am not going to have sex with a guy just to earn respect because in reality, I'm giving him pleasure and I don't want that. I want him to respect me for who I am and for my job not for my body? I am a great worker who has great reviews and I won't allow him to come and spoil that.

"I heard the girls talking behind the desk about him fucking his assistant..." Jade added nodding her head "I wonder if he's a good kisser? I mean he must be? Or if he's an aftercare guy... Nah!" She laughed it off shaking her head... God, I hope she's not thinking what I'm thinking she's thinking?

"Don't." Angel made sure to remind Jade "He's an asshole." She rolls her eyes dramatically before whispering loudly "I think he's an aftercare with his girlfriend?"

"Victoria?"

"No like in general. Like if he cares about them then he's an aftercare and if it's a hookup then he isn't, make sense?"

"I mean this is the first time in so long that he makes it to a gossip magazine, he doesn't like to be shown off at these magazines." It's true. He's more of a 'downplay it for the media' type of person. The only magazines he is shown on is typically the usual business magazines or family portraits? Red carpet events, stuff highly professional. Any drama or gossip isn't shown, he is a more secretive type of guy when it comes to his life? So we're all shocked he made it to a gossip magazine, everyone is probably going insane thinking he finally stayed with one girl.

Poor Victoria.

With all due respect of course.

I have manners.

But if he treats his girlfriend the way he treats his employees; god, I'd break up and get a restraining order! I would never be able to be with him. I wouldn't be able to wake up to him? Unless one is blindly in love thenit makes sense why you would tolerate him for so long, I for reasons have to tolerate him but if it weren't for that I wouldn't be close to him!

I am still pissed about his words on me.

I, unlike him have manners and will never say any of these things to him because for one, it would cost my job and for two, I am responsible and respectful.

Jade finished chewing and said "Maybe? Why don't you find out for us, Adisyn?" She said in a flirty tone raising her brows.

"Oh leave Addi alone! We all know she's not stupid enough to fall for him," Ezra rolled his eyes still flipping through the magazines "I have a date tonight—"

"What? With who?" Ivy is the... intrigued love expert, she's not really an expert because she doesn't do relationships but she's the one who is intrigued in love stories - just not hers.

She gasped dramatically and slammed her hand in her mouth making us all look at her! "Wait— the barista?" Barista? Which barista? "The one in Starbucks? Short hair, somewhat curly but not wavy, brunette? Umm dyed hair? With the pretty earrings?"

He nodded smiling "She gave me her number and I called, I made a reservation at a beautiful restaurant! Italian is her favorite so?" So the girl has taste? Okay, so far she sounds lovely! Ezra has good taste in women, he knows which one to ask and even though they usually last a month or two - even less? He treats them correctly, I like Ezra. He's a good guy and he may seem like a complete jerk because he can be a jerk? But he's like half the population, he can be nice but he can also be rude. Ezra's a good guy, he's been through a lot, he deserves the best.

"I as well have a date but rather just meeting them, I've been talking to them for a while now," Jade smiles by the thought, she looks proud she has talked to them for a while! "You guys know him, you've met him!"

"I forgot..." Ezra whispers admitting he has forgotten the guys name, Ezra is forgetful. He's a great photographer and a great person but he's a forgetting person, random events he forgets! He forgets small details not big ones which is good.

"Leo?"

"The guy is nice but who names their child Leo? I don't like the name Leo but he seems like a good guy?" Angel says snacking on chips, she throws a Lays into her mouth after finishing her statement. I like the name Leo? Most Leo's I've met are so nice to me, like the name Leo just sound friendly? They sound nice and sweet, like a gentleman from a fairytale?

"How long have you been talking to him?" I question, we met him three days ago. We made dinner - well they cooked, I arranged the table and helped with like cutting the food and so on but they cooked... I don't know how to cook - I know how to cook the regulars? Like spaghetti, Mac and Cheese, potatoes? Sometimes the rice actually comes out cooked well and beans too but that's it so I just helped with the pasta and they did the rest.

In all honesty, I did learn how to cook but I forgot. How does one forget to cook? Wish I could answer that but for the past 4 to 5 years I've been asking myself the same question... It's like once I entered college all I knew how to make was cereal? I didn't have time for food, I was to concentrated on other things... Doctors recommended going to therapy because they can help with bringing your agenda to track so you have time for yourself - I thought about it but didn't have time to even pick up the phone and make an appointment, nor the money.

I didn't go on good terms with my parents until my last year of college and even till now do I rarely talk to them, we're not on bad terms which I'm happy about but we're not super close either? I grew up with a mom who tried everything to make me happy and I realize that she adored me but she didn't adore who I was growing up to be. My future wasn't how she imagined; She imagined having a daughter like her. Someone who got married to a guy liked guys and only guys, a doctor maybe even a lawyer or even a business women? She didn't imagine to have a feminist daughter who went on protests and helped families in need and I believe she was proud of me but she and I both knew it would take a lot of effort and time to get a living of that.

I do admire people who got away from their parents and did what they wanted to do not what they're parents wanted to do. I admire them because sincerely I didn't grow up with a all happy and smile childhood; They saw me as the black sheep of the family for good and bad reasons and sometimes the good reasons were also bad reasons? That's where the problem comes along; They didn't notice that. They didn't notice that the good reasons were damaging me.

In some ways I did escape from my parents but in other ways the way I'm still trapped - I'm still trapped in this box with no escape.

Regrets. Past events. Memories. Failure. They all haunt me and rather remembering my best moments I remember the worst at all moments. Not just on bad moments or good moments, at all moments do I remember these things. It's damaging and they didn't realize that, the closest they ever got to realizing it was at the pool and my consular. I didn't get help at my worst moments and they weren't proud when I 'overcame it' but they were proud of themselves for what they believed, they had caught it early.

I allowed it stay like that.

I allowed them to be proud parents of a teenager who didn't see herself having a future with anyone or anywhere. I allowed them to be proud parents of a teenager who only found pride in her grades. I allowed them to be proud parents of a teenager who saw her arm to be a butterfly... They were proud parents of a teenager who was the complete opposite of what they saw.

•••

Love was said to be like a fairytale. Love was said to be your happily ever after. Love was said to be like reaching the stars and the moon.

Love. Love. Love.

Love was said to be the cure for everything because nothing is stronger than love. Love was said to be a book, a fairytale with a prince, a fairytale with a castle and fairies because as kids we were supposed to believe we had a "once upon a time". I believe it's damagingly cute? It's cute for the fact how innocent one was and how we saw optimism to everything. Something would always solve the problem and there was no problem that had no answer too, in our minds we practically were already living our happily ever after.

We were - drugged by love could be a way to say it? We were to young. We shouldn't have been told about your Prince Charming and second chances because that can damage. That can kill you.

Seems that everything in life—

"Reed wants you." The same lady from last time pokes her head inside my office to tell me the same thing she told me yesterday.

My stomach is in deep twirls but just thinking about what he will say!

I emailed him all my information early this morning. I woke up, had breakfast with Angel and Ivy in the small cafe - they left earlier than I did. I wanted to fast check the data before emailing it to him and of course wrote a nice email! I then headed straight to my office and I saw he wasn't at his, I helped with some paperwork, read some emails and emailed them back. And now I was sitting down on the couch next to the bookshelf which carries some books, binders, random figurines, and some boxes with supplies, I was writing down in my journal with a blanket.

But of course my time of peace gets interrupted! But of course, anything for Mr. Auclair. Anything at all because I am just a fashion assistant who needs to get a final signature and needs authority from him to continue the program and of course I need him to check my designs which I haven't gotten too! Hopefully, I get to them this week since I don't want to be stuck in my office all day working just for him.

This gives me an idea, this event. My whole life event that is tragically dramatic with the fact Reed is possibly going to be an asshole to him, it gave me an idea. On My Last Wishes list will go 'send a letter to the people you love and to the people you hate. Allow your mind to write what it feels, Reed will be first on the list! He's first on everything so might as well make him first on the list too?

The thought draws a smile to my face. My smile drops when I realize I made it to his office and I am now about to knock.

I walk in and see him with his usual black suit except this time rather than a button up shirt he's wearing a turtleneck sweater. It's cold. Much more colder than usual. It's black, long sleeved and looks warm but not burning hot. His coat is thrown in a messy pile on his couch, it's right beside a book with a black cover.

There's a coffee table too.

Rather than just coming into his office I'm actually noticing the small details and big details.

A white mug with light stains of brown liquid - coffee, sits on a coaster. Beside there's a white plate with a bagel, one half eaten bagel with spread on top and the other doesn't even have spread. It's just sitting there. There's also a stack of books or journals and magazines beside the coffee and bagels, there's a magazine opened - Gossip magazine with his face on the cover. He saw it. Wonder what he thought of that.

My eyes draw out to the window - A brunette in a long black coat and black trousers stands looking out on the view. She is standing on the balcony looking out. Her hair is a dark brown, almost black with blonde highlights, platinum blonde to brown exact.

His office consists of three main colors - Black, dark grey, and a bit of brown. Pretty bland if you ask me, no wonder this man is always in a crabby mood! He has no color in his life? If his office consists of these colors it means he's boring and doesn't have color in his life; I mean sometimes playing pretend if great? Adding some color here and there may allow you to see that life has color and even if you don't see it you can pretend you do? Even a little light won't kill him?

It's too cloudy and he only has a few lights turned on? His windows aren't covered but it's New York? It's snowing, it's freezing, it's cloudy with no sun. Why even open the windows if there's no sun? Just turn on the lights?

There's a bookshelf with no books just binders scattered around. They're all a matte black but have a white note on the spine, they're labeled— oh? They're in alphabetical order? Personally, I would go color ordinated but this works too? I'm glad he likes to have a way of organization because I do too and maybe he will adjust to mine and I can adjust to his? You see, I'm nice! This may have actually made my day?

Along side with the bookshelf there's cabinets, some are wide open while others are closed. The ones wide opened have nothing in them so my guess is that the ones closed are filled with stuff? You can tell he's still adjusting to his office, he's used to having his office the way it should be in his building but now he's helping another agency 24/7 so he must remain here. I hate adjustments. I wouldn't like moving from my office but his office does have a much more better view of the city, you can see the cars so faded and small. You can even see some people but they're even smaller, you can see the lights to some stores and shops. You can also see lights shining from other buildings, possibly everyone is busy today.

"Take a seat, Wise."

I walk myself over to his desk and pull out the cushion chair before sitting. At the back of his desk he has a spot with a painting - black background with a bunch of white splattered across it. On his desk he has even more papers scattered around of data - my data. There's also more information that I don't recognize or numbers I don't recognize from past years? They're scattered all over his office as he clicks his mouse scrolling through his computer and typing in some information. He looks concentrated not minding the fact that there's a woman looking out in his balcony? I can only see the back of the women and her side profile, her hair reaches more below her shoulders. It's wavy and it's half up half down.

"You did a good job." He says nodding checking a mixture of my documents and other documents.

What.

My head tilts in confusion by his words? I'm sorry? Did he just say I did a good job..? I don't know if that was sarcasm or if that was pure honesty because if it was pure honesty than thank you and if it was sarcasm then go screw yourself.

My leg taps anxiously waiting for him to continue, I know there's more but I can't figure it out? There is more he wants to say but I can't pinpoint to it so I just tilt my head waiting for him to continue talking. I want to know if it's pure honesty or pure bullshit.

He looks right back up to me and gives me a small smile "The information looks good, data seems reasonable—"

"It's a good view," The brunette comes inside the office and looks at me in shock. Her hair looks so soft and silky, she's wearing a white silky button up shirt. "Oh I'm sorry, next time you should tell me you're gonna hook up with someone before inviting me here! You jerk!" She says looking at me realizing I'm sitting down anxiously tapping my leg. Stop tapping your leg!

She has light freckles scattered in her cheeks and nose, her lips are a pinky color. Almost natural but now nude color? She's wearing long lashes and she seems to be sweet?

"She's not my hookup, she's the fashion assistant."

She laughed lightly by her mistake. His voice seems more.. different? He seems more relaxed? It's not super firm and straight but nor is it soft? It falls in the middle, I'm guessing his voice is naturally deep... And probably even professional cause he even has almost the same tone he talks to me in but it's more light? Like even the air got lighter once she walked in?

He looks more relaxed with her compared to me? He looks stressed and annoyed when he's with me and then when she walked in he was a whole different person?

She walked over to me. Her heels tapping loudly on the wooden floor as she gets to me. "Oh well then I'm sorry, sweetheart. I apologize for that!" She looks sweet? Her voice is beautiful! It's soft and sweet but it's also lightly deep? She sounds energetic, everything about her is like a sunshine? She makes me feel the complete opposite of what he does.

Oh?

She walked in and all the stress I felt flowed away? It's like she's so... happy? Like a ray on sunshine and that's exactly what I needed!

"I should've known, you seem to nice to be with him!" She smiled at me and I smiled back.

I look at him and I notice he rolled his eyes and said "Alright Ro, if all you came was to bash me you can leave now."

She rolled her eyes at him and said "If all you do is talk to your employees in a rude way, get employees who tolerate you." She fakes a cough "by not sleeping with them." She smiles at him in a dramatic way. Oh damn. Should I be here right now or should I say 'I will come back later'

"Says the one who has a new hookup every week." He raises his brows and smirks back at her.

"If you'd like I will come—"

"Oh please!" She laughs "Don't tell me Reed Auclair is saying that! Honey, you can't even keep a girlfriend for that long cause you will cheat so hush. We all have problems but you have note so didn't even." She smiles raising a brow back at him.

I really shouldn't be listening to this.

This is awfully weird?

Maybe even uncomfortable to be hearing?

"And now you have nothing. Poor you," she fakes a sincere pout and gives me her hand to great me. Are they ex's or best friends? "Aurora Auclair, this bitches cousin." She says pulling out her hand smirking and her head tilts a little pointing to Reed. Oh. Okay that also works? "I go by Ro so call me Ro."

Present yourself, Adisyn. Why are you scared?

"Adisyn Kay," I greet her and notice the look Reed has one his face. It's all fucked up and pissed. Oh I see why... While still greeting her I correct myself "Adisyn Kay Wise, fashion assistant."

"If you need a sweater or anything Reed has some of my clothes here so just take it if you need it, it's cold so..." I nod and say thank you. She is so much more sweet compared to Reed? So this means not all the Auclairs are the same like Reed. Good. "As you can tell, my lovely cousin wants me to leave so before he calls security I will leave." She smile and starts walking towards the door "Bye bye, honey! Love you!" She says sarcastically smiling and waving bye while opening the door.

I like her.

She's sweet? And pretty. And kindhearted. She seems like a good human being!

"Mhm." He hums waiting for her to leave "I apologize for her,"

"It's fine, she's lovely." I smile. She seems sweet, she's really pretty too? Her whole vibe is all happy and cute?

He rolls his eyes and sighs in a tiring tone "Do not sleep with her, at least till we're finished working. I have enough of you to see you at my house every god damn day." Oh. Yeah that's the Reed I get and the Reed I deserve because he's nice to them but a jerk to me.

I have enough of you.

I am sorry. Do you think I want to be here? No if it were for me I would be doing something else but unfortunately, I have to work with you. It's not a pleasure nor a good thing to work with you.

"As I was saying before we got interrupted, you did a surprisingly good job." Oh thank— What. Surprisingly? What is that supposed to mean? I am amazing at my job it shouldn't even be surprising? I got into this agency for a reason and it's not surprising it's an educated fact for the love of god I am actually good? It was one small mistake to not come and I admit it was unprofessional but I do not deserve to get fired nor to get questioned!

He puts away some of the documents "Everything seems to be in order, you even gave me a report of the past two years shows and I didn't ask for that so thank you. You gave pictures as evidence and listed where everything was, the cost, savings, and the earnings, thank you for that. Seems to me it's good, nice job."

"Thank you,"

He smiles and sighs "Meeting tomorrow morning at 8, don't be late."

Authors note -

We're meeting his family! And she is working her way to prove to him she's a good worker, he's finally taking her encounter!

You're gonna need this spoiler on his point of view because you still don't get to chapters with his point of view; He only asked for the information to see if she could handle being under pressure and if it was worth to invite her to the meeting. It was a test in other words. He already had the information. The other documents were his information he was comparing to see how she did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674 74 24
"Don't you get it? I like you for gods sake i fucking fell for you" And whenever something changes, it rains. It rained heavy when she was born.
497 15 9
❝I'll love her till my dying end❞ {Will the lives of two girls-one who loves summer and the other who resents it-change for the better or for the wor...
859 67 32
'you made me feel things I've never felt before, out of the blue...
705 66 20
Trapped in pages are words I've never spoken. An overwhelming happiness, grief, and love. A walking poem and the hidden poet. To admire from afar and...