After The Truth

By sweet_day_dreams_

After finding out that the love of her life betrayed her Tessa is left heartbroken and must make a decision... More

Tessa Chapter 1
Hardin Chapter 2
Tessa Chapter 3
Hardin Chapter 4
Tessa Chapter 5
Hardin Chapter 6
Tessa Chapter 7
Hardin Chapter 8
Tessa Chapter 9
Hardin Chapter 10
Tessa Chapter 11
Hardin Chapter 12
Tessa Chapter 13
Hardin Chapter 14
Tessa Chapter 15
Hardin Chapter 16
Tessa Chapter 17
Hardin Chapter 18
Tessa Chapter 19
Hardin Chapter 20
Tessa Chapter 21
Hardin Chapter 22
Tessa Chapter 23
Tessa Chapter 25
Hardin Chapter 26
Tessa Chapter 27
Hardin Chapter 28
Tessa Chapter 29
Hardin Chapter 30
Tessa Chapter 31
Hardin Chapter 32
Tessa Chapter 33
Hardin Chapter 34
Tessa Chapter 35
Hardin Chapter 36
Tessa Chapter 37
Hardin Chapter 38
Tessa Chapter 39
Hardin Chapter 40
Tessa Chapter 41
Hardin Chapter 42
Tessa Chapter 43
Hardin Chapter 44
Tessa Chapter 45
Hardin Chapter 46
Tessa Chapter 47
Hardin Chapter 48
Tessa Chapter 49
Hardin Chapter 50
Tessa Chapter 51
Hardin Chapter 52
Tessa Chapter 53
Hardin Chapter 54
Tessa Chapter 55
Hardin Chapter 56
Tessa Chapter 57
Hardin Chapter 58
Tessa Chapter 59
Hardin Chapter 60

Hardin Chapter 24

2.7K 92 281
By sweet_day_dreams_

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

We walk inside and the house feels empty, I never payed much attention to Jerry but occasionally I would offer him a brief moment. Now I wish I would have payed more attention, I've never seen her get so upset.........well I have but this was different. She was so heartbroken about her dog, I know he meant more to her than just a pet and it breaks my heart to see her like this.

I swear I almost died being out in the cold but I refused to go inside until she was done saying goodbye, I couldn't leave her out there alone. I just hope I don't get sick because it was fucking freezing.

...

I close the door behind us and lock it, when we walk into the house we see her parents sitting in the kitchen. We walk past the kitchen and up the stairs, when we make it back into her room she closes and locks the door as usual. She sits on the edge of her bed and sighs, I don't know if she wants me to sit down so I just stand here. She looks up at me and faintly smiles before she stands up and walks towards the bathroom.

"Tess we don't have to take a bath together if you don't want to."

She look over and stares at me, she doesn't say anything. She walks over and takes my hands before she pulls me into the bathroom.

"I need you." She mumbles.

"Ok."

We both silently strip and she fills the tub, she reaches for the soap and adds a little bit to the running water. Suds quickly form and she cuts off the water before the tub over fills, she pulls her hair out of her face and ties it up before she turns to me.

"I think the water might be a bit too hot, I wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry." Her voice cracks and the desperation in her tone kills me.

"It's alright love, you don't have to apologize."

I take her hand and help her into the tub, the water isn't unbearable. We sit down and I pull her close, I lift her and sit her in between my legs like we usually do. Instead of resting her back on my chest she brings her knees to her chest and hugs them, he back in exposed to me and I lightly trace her spine with my finger tips. She rests her chin on her knees.

I lean my back against the tub and just watch her, she has her hair in a bun but a few strands fell out. I use my fingers to trace her beauty marks she has on her back, I always found them cute. I lean in and gently place my lips on the spot on her shoulder, I wrap my arms around her waist and place my chin on her shoulder.

"I love you Daisy." I whisper.

"I love you Gatsby." She whispers back.

I kiss her shoulder again.

I reach for the loofah and grab some soap before I lightly use it to wash her back and arms. Once I'm done she leans back and rests her head on my chest, I place my hands on her inner thighs and graze them up and down slowly. She places her hands on my knees before she moves them and places them on my hands, she looks up at me and I can see her glossy eyes. I lean in and place my lips on hers, I rest my forehead on hers and look into her eyes.

"Promise me that I'll never lose you." She says.

I look at the sad girl with broken eyes and a sore heart from all the blows.

"I promise, you will never lose me. Never."

And this is something I can guarantee, I love her far too much to ever leave her.

She closes her eyes and rests her head back on my chest, I kiss the top of her head. She reaches for my arm and pulls it out of the water, she looks at my tattoos before she brings my arm towards her face and kisses it. She's never done this before but I like it, she hugs my arm and kisses my bicep.

"It's crazy to think that someone's touch could have so much control over another person." She says quietly.

"It's not so crazy." I whisper.

"I think it is, I've been touched before by others. I shake hands with our co workers, I hug my parents and I hug Kim.........but it's something about you my dear Gatsby. It's as if my body can recognize you from touch alone, I don't have to see you to know that you're the one touching me."

"And what does my touch feel like?"

She gently runs her fingers up my arm.

"It feels like kisses, like air blowing through a meadow of flowers or when the snow is fresh and fluffy. And when your finger tips brush against my skin I get goosebumps and I feel warm and safe, as you touch me I become intrigued and consumed. I finally feel wanted and loved, I know it's weird but it's the moments that you brush the hair out of my face or when you kiss my collarbone or my neck. When you play with my hair and you trace my face, I just feel at home. I didn't expect to make you my home but you've made it impossible for me to live without you, and I have found myself falling more and more in love with you as each day passes."

She kisses my arm again.

And yet again I'm left without words, this woman never fails me give me butterflies......and I don't even get butterflies.

"I guess that's what happens when you love someone Daisy, nothing else matters anymore. Before I met you I hated being touched, I still do. It was that night in our dorm room when you touched my back, that was the night I felt something shift. I don't know what it was or how it happened but your gentle touch made me realize that the reason I hated being touched so much was because I hadn't found the person who's touch would heal instead of break. And that first night that we made love and I placed your hands on my back I felt that feeling again, that wonderful feeling. And it took me a while to realize that what I was feeling was love, and now I never wanna stop touching you in hopes that I bring you that same wonderful feeling. I love when you touch me, when you trace little hearts in my palm or when you trace my tattoos. My favorite thing that you do is when you kiss my scars on my back, I just love it. And my dear Daisy, you have found your way so deep into my heart that you have made it impossible to live without you. And as each day passes and your smiles grow and you consume more parts of my heart I find myself falling more and more in love with you."

She sits up, she turns around and straddles my lap, I tuck her bangs behind her ear before I lean in and kiss her collarbone. She traces the flowers on my chest before she leans in and kisses them.

"There could have been no two hearts so open, no tastes so similar, no feelings so in unison, no countenances so beloved." I say.

She smiles and her dimples pop.

"We are all fools in love." She says.

I smile.

"My Gatsby." She faintly whispers.

"My Daisy." I whisper back.

"My Darcy." She whisper.

"My Elizabeth." I whisper.

Our mouth inch closer and closer together.

"My Heathcliff." She mumbles.

"My Catherine." I mumble.

She leans fully in and presses her sweet silky lips into mine, so soft and plump. I lightly brush my nose over hers while I move my face to the side, she slides her hands up my chest and places them on the back of my head. I run my hands up her back and pull her closer to me, she pulls away to take a breath before she leans back in and connects her lips with mine. I place my hand on the back of her neck and pull her face closer so I can slip my tongue into her mouth, I use my other hand to pull her hips closer. My stomach gets all fluttery again when she wraps her arms around me and grazes her fingers over my scars.

"I love you baby." I say between our kiss.

"I love you Har." She manages to say.

We both slowly pull away from each other, we lick our lips at the same time which causes us to giggle.

"Wanna get out?" I ask.

"Can you just hold me a little longer?" She asks shyly.

Without hesitation I pull her to my chest.

"I will always hold you." I tell her.

"Good."

...

Eventually the water becomes unbearably cold, we get out and quickly change into warm clothes.

Man I hate the winter.

We climb into bed and I pull her close, after a few minutes she falls asleep. I don't want to leave her but I'm really thirsty, I considered just sucking it up and dealing with it because she looks so peaceful but my mouth is so dry. I slowly move her and lay her on the pillow, her eyes slowly open.

"Where are you going?" She mumbles while shes half awake.

"Just to get some water love, I promise I'll be back in a second.

She yawns.

"Ok."

Her eyes slowly shut and she falls back asleep, I quietly open the door and walk downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and see her father sitting by himself drinking a glass of water. I look in the living room and see Mary asleep on the couch, I awkwardly walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

"How is she?" He asks.

I turn and face her father.

"She's still upset, but she seems to be doing better. Only time will tell."

He sighs before he takes a sip of his water.

"Poor Tessa, she loved that dog more than me." He lightly laughs.

I take a sip from my water.

"I'm happy my daughter has you, she's so happy when she's around you. Far more happy then when she was with that piece of shit she dated before."

Wait, he didn't like Nick?

"Nick." I say softly.

"Yup, I always hated that guy."

I sit across from him.

If only he knew what that reptile did to Tessa.

"Im not fond of him either." I say.

He looks up at me.

"He was always awful to her, at first I thought that I was just being biased because Tessa was my little girl, but after the first week I just had this awful feeling. I tired to tell her but she told me how great he was, I'm just happy he's gone. Do you know why they broke up? She never tells me anything."

Shit.

"He was cheating on her with a girl from Harvard."

I should tell him how he Nick used to abuse his "little girl" right under his roof, but I can't do that. It's not my place to tell him.

"That asshole. I'm just happy she found you."

She plays with his wedding rings, he spins it in his fingers.

"Mary and I were your age when we met, I found her rather obnoxious. God was she annoying, she always had her black hair in tights curls and I would tease her and say her hair looked like noodles."

He chuckles to himself before he takes off his wedding band and places it on the table.

"Now I'm not a violent person but I am a father, I won't let another man hurt my daughter. I have a good feeling about you and my daughter seems to really love you, Mary has told me many good things about you. If you ever hurt my daughter I will make it my job to make your life hell. Tessa is a very strong young woman but she tries to see the good and lets that out way the bad."

"With all do respect sir, I'm in love with you daughter and I would never do anything to hurt her. And my world without Tessa would already be hell."

"I know, I see the way you look at her and I see the way she looks at you. I like you Hardin and I trust you, I just don't wanna make the same mistake I made last time. I never had this talk with Nick."

"I'm nothing like him."

"Good."

He smiles before he puts his wedding ring back on.

"I gotta take care of the old ball and chain." He teases.

He stands up and washes his glass.

"Welcome to the family Hardin."

He walks out of the kitchen and walks into the living room, he gently lifts Mary from the couch and pulls her close before he carries her to their bedroom. I stand up and walk to the fridge, I pull out ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato's. I grab the bread from the pantry and start making a sandwich, I cut it in half and put it on a plate. I quickly clean up and put everything away, I grab a bottle of water from the fridge before I turn off the lights and head upstairs. I open the door and close it before I walk over and put the plate down on the nightstand.

"Tess.............baby.......wake up." I whisper.

She lightly tosses back and forth before he eyes open and she sits up, she yawns.

"Hardin?"

"It's me darling."

I crawl back in bed and sit next to her, it's only 5 pm and the sun will set soon but the room is still lit well.

She rubs her eyes before she pouts.

"What's wrong baby?"

"Nothing, I just missed you."

"I'm right here."

I reach over and grab the plate from the nightstand and hand it to her.

"You need to eat."

She looks at the sandwich before she looks up at me and smiles.

"God what did I do to deserve someone like you? Sweet, kind, amazing in bed and you can cook and you're incredibly sexy, not to mention you're absolutely brilliant."

"You're so annoying, just eat the sandwich." I tease.

She smiles.

She takes on of the halves and gives it to me.

"You need to eat too." She says.

"I'm not hungry."

She puts the sandwich back on the plate.

"Then I'm not hungry either." She says.

I roll my eyes.

She's so stubborn, I pick up the sandwich and take a bite. She smiles and grabs the other half and takes a bite.

"Are my parents down there?"

"They are asleep."

"Oh, it's so early. I guess they are getting old, I guess I just refuse to believe that they are aging."

I see her get sad and I already know what she's thinking.

"Tessa no, don't even think about that. They are both healthy and they aren't even fifty, their fine baby."

She nods her head.

"Well my mother has asthma and lung cancer runs in the family, I just can't afford to lose more people I love."

"And you're not going to, don't think about that."

She nods her head before she takes another bite of her sandwich.

I finish my half and watch as she takes small bites.

"I'm kinda thirsty, I'm gonna go a wate...."

I grab the bottle and hand it to her.

"Always one step ahead of you." I tease.

She smiles before she takes the bottle and takes a sip.

"Thanks babe."

...

She lays on my chest and we listen as the trees wrestle in the wind, the sky has gotten darker but there is still a sliver of light shining through the window as the sun sets.

"Hardin?"

"Yes my love."

"Can you read to me?" She innocently asks.

"Which story would you like to me read?"

She hesitates for a moment.

"Ours." She says.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

I reach over and grab my book from the nightstand, I open to a chapter and start to read. She cuddles up next to me and rests her head in my lap while I sit up and read to her, I look down at her and smile before I start to read.

"And in this moment Hades saw Aurora's pain flash in her eyes, he saw how fast her chest was moving up and down. He knew he needed to tell her how he felt but he was scared, telling someone you love them was never something that he had ever experienced. The words had never been said to him nor had they ever left his mouth, even though he never knew what love was he knew that'what he felt for Aurora was love.

He saw her reach for the door handle and he knew that if she walked out the door it would be done, he wasn't ready to lose her. He didn't want to lose her, there was still so much left to do and say. He had more memories he wanted to create, he had so many things to tell her. And in this moment he put his ego and pride to the side and die the first time ever put someone else first.

"I love you............I love everything about you...........even the things that I've grown to hate I love...........I love watching you sleep....not in a creepy way......I just like to make sure you're breathing............I never fall asleep unless you've fallen asleep because I don't want you to be lonely.................I love watching you study........you always get so focused on whatever you're doing..........you always pull your bottom lip between your teeth and you bite your cheek.........whenever you're confused your eyebrows scrunch and your face looks cute..................I love when you wear your hair in buns........I think you look really pretty with your hair up......and even though I make fun of you I love those hideous skirts you always wear............I love how the fucking password on your laptop is the day that I told you about my past ............I love how you squeeze your eyes shut when you wash your hair just incase shampoo gets in them............and I love when you hum along to the radio....................I love how you always eat your fries before your burger and how you always check for pickles even if I tell you that there aren't any.......................I love how comfortable you are around me and how you aren't afraid to put me in my place when I fuck up.........I love calling you Aurora because I know it drives you crazy .........I love when you sing.....even if it's just under your breath and you think I can't hear you............I do...........I love how you snore when you sleep and how you always call your parents to say Goodnight................I love how you're grateful for everything and I love how nice you are.....................you are so damn nice to the point where it's unbearable but I love it................I love how you always manage to see the light in me............even when I'm a crying mess or when I'm screaming and breaking shit you always find a way to make me feel better..........I love how you loop your "y" when you write them and how you always make the bed in the morning.........I love how when you're excited you clap your hands and jump in the air or when you skip in the hallway because you think it's faster than walking............I love how you take your coffee black just like me and how you always make sure I'm ok................I love how you always put me first..............no one has ever put me first in my whole entire life.....hell I don't even put myself first............I want to put you first...........I want you to feel like the most important thing in my life because you are........I never had a person to love me........I never thought I could love another person until I fell so hard for you that I couldn't believe it..........I know I'm not a good man and I don't deserve your love but I want it Aurora......I want all of you all of the time.........I wanna fall asleep and wakeup with you every morning................I wanna know what's going on inside your head and what you're always writing in that damn notebook of yours.............I wanna know what makes you sad and I always wanna make you smile ......I know I don't hold your hand and I don't show you off like I should and I'm sorry .......I wanna feel worthy of you and I don't want a relationship with you...........I want a fucking lifetime! I want forever Aurora!"

I stop and take a breath.

She lifts her head and looks at me.

"What is it?"

"You............you remembered? You remembered every single word................that was the first time you told me that you loved me."

"Of course I remembered every word, that was the first time I have ever said the words I love you. You are and will always be the most important thing to me, I have that day engraved in my brain forever."

"I just......................I didn't think you would..............you remembered."

I close the book and put it back on the table, I take her hands in mine.

"I know that because of the bet...............I know that a small part of you will always believe that it was all a lie, I wish I could prove to you that it was all real. When I first told you that I loved you it was just as real as when I tell you now, I know every detail of every moment that we have shared together. And I love you baby, and I always will."

A small smile comes across her face.

"And I love you."

"Come here."

I open my arms and pull her in, we lay back and I just hold her.

...

It's much later now and the sun has completely vanished.

"Do you want to go back home tomorrow?" I ask hoping she's still awake.

"I'm already home." She whispers while she places a gentle kiss on my neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 2.7K 39
Evelyn thought her life couldn't get any harder, that is till Stefan gave himself over to Klaus. Follow Eve on her journey to save the love of her li...
1.1K 0 15
What will Tess do when she is faced with the biggest decision of her life, decide to tell the truth to the man she's in love with or continue to lie...
14.8K 565 41
Tessa is an young and brilliant girl who loves to study. Hardin is the bully from her school and bullies Tessa since his mother passed away. Before...
265K 7.5K 90
The coming of age Tessa Young finds herself in a difficult position when she has to chose between what feels right and what is best. The bad boy play...