Luffy's Past

By 2021Night

In the middle of the war between the marines and the Whitebeard pirates, a bright light appeared bring the st... More

Chapter 2 - Family
Chapter 3 - Hostage
Chapter 4 - Break
Chapter 5 - Core
Chapter 6 - The Will
Chapter 7 - Decision
Chapter 8 - Message
Chapter 9 - Abilities
Chapter 10 - Plan
Chapter 11 - Death
Chapter 12 - Darkness
Chapter 13 - Guiding Lights
Chapter 14 - Passing
Chapter 15 - Repeat
Chapter 16 - Demon History
Chapter 17 - Free
Chapter 18 - Epilogue

Chapter 1 - Intro

22.1K 451 180
By 2021Night

The battle on Marineford was heated. They had just freed Ace and the second division commander was fighting alongside his little brother. All the pirates had reached their goal, so they were retreating back to the Moby Dick. But, all of a sudden a bright light was shone. It made everyone close their eyes as they were swallowed up by the light.

"Usopp! What in the hell happened to you?" Exclaimed an orange haired lady.

"NAMI-SAWN~" Shouted a perverted cook.

"Shut it!" A moss haired swordsman ordered. "You're bring too loud!"

"What did you say moss head?" The cook asked with a tick mark ever since he heard the voice. He walked towards the swordsman's direction pulling up his sleeves.

"I said shut it!" Repeated the swordsman.

"Stop fighting!" Demanded a reindeer, who ate the human devil fruit. "Where are we?"

"Awo! I don't know Chopper-bro, but it seems that most of us are here!" Answered a cyborg as he did his infamous stance.

"Do you think we're dead?" Questioned A raven haired women.

"WHAT!?" Yelled the poor reindeer.

"YHOHOHOHO. Well, that's a possibility, but I'm already dead." Pointed out the skeleton.

"NOT NOW BROOK!"

"AH! PIRATES! CATCH THEM!" Exclaimed a marine, but they had all realized that they didn't have their weapons.

"Wait. Why are the marines here?!" The orange haired lady, also known as Nami, said as he was ready to run away at any time.

"GURARARARA, you guys are a lively bunch, aren't ya?" A booming voice said.

All the people ready to battle, faced the voice and was met with a sight of Whitebeard and his crew. They seemed to be all roughed up and all had some injure.

"WHITEBEARD!" They screamed as they all looked around to see any other unexpected guests, which they did.

"RED-HAIRED SHANKS!?"

"Yo!" The pirate said as he was with his crew and walked up towards the group of people.

They looked over to the other side and saw more marines and hooded figures, which were the revolutionary army. They even saw Law and Kid in that group, and they didn't seem to be happy about it.

"WHY ARE YOU ALL HERE!?" People shouted as they didn't want a full-on battle between the power houses.

Ignoring the question and breaking the tension, Luffy jumped out from behind his brother, Ace and saw his crew.

"Ah! Hi guys." He simply said as he waved towards the crew.

"LUFFY!" They cried as they faced their captain. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THE WHITEBEARD PIRATES?!"

"Me? I was helping them to save Ace." He answered with a grin. "I guess you can say that I completed the mission."

"Why were you saving Ace?" Questioned Chopper.

Luffy replied, "Because he got caught and was about to be executed."

"WHAT!?" His crew screamed.

"Shishishishi, I went to save Ace."

"BAKA!" The crew screamed as nearly all of them ran to him and smacked him in the head.

The Marines and other pirates were surprised at how the strawhats treated their captain, but Whitebeard saw the worry and care that the crew had put into the hit.

A hooded man and Ace were walking towards the strawhats and they all saw them walking over. The strawhat crew stood up straight as well as they stopped hitting Luffy, since they all knew that Ace was a brocon.

"You never change Luffy." They both said in unison, which confused Ace.

"Oi, what do you mean by that?" Ace asked as he glared at the hooded figure. "Who are you?"

The man chuckled. "You haven't changed as well Ace."

"HAH?" Ace continued to glare at the man, but he only saw that the man smiled and removed his hood.

The man wore formal looking clothes and he had a top hat that Luffy and Ace both remembered from their childhood. The man took the top hat off and smiled at the two. His face was revealed, and he had a scar on his right eye. He no longer had a missing tooth, and he had the same blonde hair, but it had grew. Luffy's eyes was filled with tears, while Ace's eye just widened.

"SABO!"

They both jumped onto the man and gave him a huge hug. Luffy cried his eyes out and was sobbing real hard, which made the crew confused and wonder how their captain knew the man named Sabo.

Ace was also crying, but not as much as Luffy. Though once they could get Luffy off the blonde, Ace walked up to him. Sabo thought it was going to be another hug between them, but he was a punch in the face in return, which shocked Sabo and the people around them.

"Wha-?"

"That's what you get for leaving us." Ace said. "You left me and Luffy by ourselves! Luffy cried for days after your 'death' Sabo!"

"I'm sorry, Ace." Sabo apologized with his hand on the cheek Ace had punched. "I was saved by Dragon after the incident and I had amnesia."

Ace pulled him into a hug and replied, "At least you're still alive."

"Yeah." Sabo responded as he smiled. "But, we gotta stop Luffy from crying any more tears."

Luffy was on the ground still crying tears and his crew was there trying to calm him down. The marines didn't know what to think. A pirate was crying in front of them and it wasn't for his greed. He was simply happy to see Sabo. Shanks wanted to comfort him, but he knew that it was the time for his brothers to.

"Oi Luffy!" Ace said. "Stop crying, you crybaby!"

"That's not nice Ace!" Exclaimed Thatch. (Yes, he is alive. He was still stabbed by Teach, but he survived.)

"But... *sniff* I'm happy!" Luffy said as he continued to cry. "SABO'S ALIVE!"

After saying that, Luffy continued to cry, but it only got worst. The crew were looking for ways to calm down their captain. Ace was ticked and was about to hit Luffy, but Sabo stopped him, but telling him that he was just happy. Ace just sighed and walked up to Luffy with Sabo by his side. They sat down and hugged him, but he only cried more.

Some people laughed at the failed attempt the brothers had when they were trying to comfort their brother. Ace was blushing at how people were laughing at him and Sabo laughed at Ace's reaction. It was a touching reunion for the group and others around them were happy for them.

Ace was getting enough and he told Luffy, "A man doesn't cry all the time like you, you crybaby! Stop crying, after we go back, you can have all the meat you want."

Luffy stopped crying immediately and his brothers smiled, but others sweat dropped.

'Did they just bribe him with food?'

"Anyway, Sabo! You have to meet my nakama!" Exclaimed the strawhat pirate.

"Of course." Sabo answered. "I would also like to meet Ace's as well."

Luffy nodded and stood up with his brothers. "Everyone, this is my other brother, Sabo!"

His crew and many others had their jaws opened and screamed, "YOUR WHAT?!"

"My other brother." Luffy repeated.

All of the people in the room looking towards Ace for confirmation and they only got a nod for an answer, but that was enough for the marines to start panicking.

"The infamous Strawhat Luffy, Second division commander, Fire Fist Ace and the Chief of Staff of the Revolutionary army, also known as the number 2 of the Revolutionary right after Dragon, are brothers!" Exclaimed the marines.

Senguko whispered, "What are dangerous trio of brothers."

"We must eliminate them!" Stated Akainu and others agreed, but than a lady with a fox mask appeared.

The lady was in the fox mask had her whole face covered, while her hair was free. She had black hair that reached to her hips and she wore a blue dress with navy blue shoes. All of the people stared at her in confusion as she stood in front of the group.

"Welcome." She had said as she snapped her fingers.

"Who are you?" Demanded the group as they were ready to fight with their fists, but Sanji was doing his noodle dance as he saw the woman.

"I am the one who brought you to this place." She simply stated. "I am Silvia, goddess of time."

Remembering something from his past, Luffy growled as he glared at the women. "Why are did you bring us here?"

The people around him looked surprised that the happy cheerful pirate was growling at the unknown, which seemed that he knew. Though Sanji was yelling at Luffy that he wasn't supposed to talk to a woman in that way.

Silvia turned to the boy and smiled. "Ah, little angel, how have you been?"

"Fine, but don't call me that. What are you planning?" Luffy answered as he glare did not lift.

The fox mask made a sigh and responded. "I'm going to save you. That's what I'm planning. After all, you have been chosen."

"I don't need saving!" Luffy said, as the others were confused.

It didn't matter that Luffy didn't want to be saved, but his crew and others that cared for him wanted to save him, even though they don't know what the women was talking about.

"What are you talking about?" Questioned Sabo as he looked at his brother. "Why do you need saving? Is there something wrong Luffy?"

Luffy closed his eyes and his fists dropped slightly. He replied, "Nothing, Sabo."

"Luffy! There is something wrong with you, isn't there? If there wasn't you would have said no." Ace said. "What's wrong?"

There was silence and Ace was about to punch Luffy to get an answer to his question, but as he was about to do so, Luffy fell onto the ground.

"LUFFY!?" Cried his crew, brothers and many others.

Ace and Sabo crouched down and saw that Luffy wasn't conscious. "What did you do?" they questioned Silvia with a glare.

"Brocons." She whispered as she flicked a finger up. Luffy's body was lifted up by an unknown force and was being pulled towards the women.

Eyes widened, the strawhats and his brothers demanded, "Give him back!"

"No." She answered as he was floating up herself. "I'm impressed that he was able to stay conscious for this long. It's been about 5 minutes since I snapped my fingers. I thought with all the fatigue and that spell would knock him out in at most 2 minutes."

"You did what?" Questioned Zoro, determined to get his captain back.

"I just put him into an unconscious state, since I know if he was awake, he would try and stop you from saving him." Silvia answered.

"What are do you mean by saving him? How do we even save him? What are we saving him from? Does he even need saving?" Asked Nami.

"Why should we also try and say him? He's our enemy!" Shouted a marine.

Though there were a few marines, like Coby, that were wondering the same questions as the strawhats navigator.

"Well, to save him, you have to understand him and then you can help in your own ways."

"Are you saying that we don't understand him?" the brothers and Luffy's crew asked.

"I understand you understand him, but you only understand half of him." Slivia explained. "He has kept a secret from all of you, even his brothers."

Ace and Sabo frowned. They knew that Luffy had a big mouth, but when it came to important secrets, he would never let anyone know. How could they not know? They had spent time with him in their childhood, but even though Sabo wasn't there half of the time, Ace would have known.

"You're going to watch his past and that's how you're going to save him." Instructed the women. The strawhats frowned, along with others. Someone's past was privacy for a person and it should be only kept to one's self, unless the person wanted to let others know. Though, by the reaction of the strawhat, he didn't want people to look through his past. "That's the only way to save him and to leave this white space."

"We have no choice, do we – yoi?" Asked Marco.

"Correct!" Silvia snapped her fingers and Luffy disappeared, which earned a few cries of his name, but then couches appeared around the place. "Sit. It might be long."

The groups sat on the crouches, but the marines and pirates were separated, so they wouldn't cause any fights. Ace sat with the Whitebeard pirates and Sabo sat with him. The Revolutionary army just let Sabo spent time with his brother and sat near the pirates, since they were also the enemy of marines.

Once everyone was seated, Silvia smiled and exclaimed before she disappeared, "Great! Now let's start!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 73 6
Their little brother disappeared for months and came back stronger. It was strange. Luffy didn't remember anything and thought he had a long dream. G...
365K 12.8K 79
Portgas D. Ace x [Female] Reader ••• Wanted for something you couldn't control. Something you were born with. At the age of 6, your village was raide...
111K 3.9K 20
Luffy, Ace, and Sabo grew up together on Dawn island. But by the unfortunate tempts of fate, happened to visit Makino when a Celestial Dragon decided...
1.3K 50 17
It is a strange time in the new world as a new ship called the black pearl has entered into the grand line, pirates all over the world including the...