Mistaken For A Guy

By Porshford

Having to bear a name that resembles that of a guy when in actual fact you're not one has its own effects. ... More

WELCOME FELLA 🤝🏻
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
The Chapter nobody asked for...

Chapter Fifteen

279 18 0
By Porshford

  Sam Lewis 💦

    "Oh–uhh yup! It's real,of course,"I managed to say, hoping my voice sounded carefree.

        Then I run.

As far as I could from the guy.

  Yeah go on, call me weird but I run. I couldn't think of any better option.

Initially freezing for a good 2.5 seconds,I was finally able to get those words out and without wasting much time, took to my heels.

I backed away from him amidst screaming"Cooties! Cooties!"(In my disguised voice of course)

The guy, what did he say his name was–aha!, Connor was too dumbfounded by my sudden reaction that he stood rooted to his spot, eyes wide as they followed me with a gaping expression.
He probably be thinking I'mma psycho of some sort.

I didn't have the heart to correct that impression right now. My thoughts were flying with speed.

  Why do people start to find something distinct on me when they observed carefully?!
Do I make things very obvious?

Noo, do I?

Relax Sam,relax...

How can you tell me to relax at this point when I feel like the whole world can see through me! I mentally argued with my subconscious mind.

Your the one making things obvious. It was just a simple straight question he asked you–

How could he ask me such a question,whether my hair was natural? Do boys wear wig to school?

Yeah so you could've just answered straight forward as Yes and then shrug like it's no biggie.

I stopped running to reflect. I... guess my subconscious was right. My actions were rather raising a cause for suspicion. I shouldn't have run impromptu.🤦

Sighing, I allowed my legs to start moving again. It's okay to think I suck in the acting department. Maybe I need to phone Ivy for more tips. She could've handled this better than I was doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Hand me the turmeric powder,"I instructed with my back turned to him as I stirred the contents in the saucepan.

  "Turmeric powder.... what color did you say it was again?"Samuel asked.

    "Golden yellow. Yeah that one."

Samuel did a fist pump in the air before handing it to me.

I shook my head, spooning some of the powder into the heated oil with onions. It was a quarter to six and Samuel and I had decided to prepare some turmeric rice for supper since the cafeteria was full to the brim when we got there. It'd take years for that queue to thin out.

The first and second year students used cafeteria A while the senior years used B.
And them second year students used this as an opportunity to be intimidating us, budging unreligiously into the queue.

Samuel and I thought it wise to rather prepare our own food and dine here.

Even Chris was here with us.

  "Mm I can't wait to taste that,man,"Chris bumped his shoulder into mine, sniffing the air."How do you do it,Sam?"

I chuckled, shrugging as I turned to wash the rice at the sink.

"I try. Cooking is one of my favorite activities too so."

  "Don't forget he has a sister. She probably taught him."

  "That's not a point. I have three sisters and I can't even fry an egg."

Samuel laughed.
"That's bad. If I had sisters, you think I wouldn't learn how to cook from them? Mind you, the ladies of nowadays admire guys who cook good food."

  "And what's stopping you from learning how to cook? Doesn't your mommy cook?"

Samuel scratched the back of his head.

"My entire family sucks at cooking. I think it runs through our blood because I heard the first time my grandmother attempted cooking,she nearly burnt the house. Same applies to my mother. She tried heating an already cooked food and the kitchen was in flames seconds later. Not to disgrace them or anything."

I snorted, continuing with my job as I listened to their conversation.

"That's bad."Chris laughed, leaning his hip on the counter."Don't ever attempt cooking when you're alone at home. If your mom could cause flames in the kitchen, I bet you'd do more than that and not even realize until you turn ashes."

  "Hey!"he punched a chuckling Chris on the shoulder as their back and forth continued.

I chuckled lowly. These two.

A couple of guys entered the kitchen, sparing us a glance as they strolled to the other side.

   "Freshers huh?"one of them asked to which we nodded simultaneously.

  "Whatcha cookin'?"

"Just rice."Samuel answered for me."Cafeteria's overfilled,we didn't want to wait."

  "Mm."

Thankfully,they turned their backs after that and didn't bother us anymore.

A strong urge to pee suddenly gripped me so I chucked the little apron away, tapping Chris on the shoulder.

    "Keep an eye on the food as it simmers and afterwards, you guys can dish yours out. I'm making a dash to the bathroom."

  "Okay."Chris and Samuel nodded and with that, I made for the door. I didn't forget they were watching my back so my swag way of walking was on full display.

After doing my thing, I quickly freshened up, checking for any faults on my appearance.

   "Sam?"

I whipped my head to the direction of the voice and nearly pulled my face to a huge grin but stopped when I realized it wasn't him.

   "Oh hey,Jude."

"What's up bro,"he raised both brows sharply.

  "Cool, you?"

"Same flame. You going back to the cafeteria?"

  "Nah nah." My specs fell below my nose so I quickly pushed it back."What bout you?"

He dried his hand after washing at the sink and shook his head. "I'll just head back to the hostel."

I rocked back and forth on my foot. This was the time.

"So... what's up with your twin?"

   "Nothing–"

"Can you tell me what's going on with him? We're all worried,"I said straightly.

Jude glanced at me, ruffling his own hair."It's nothing serious... just the aftermath of his recent heartbreak. He'll be fine, don't worry."

I consumed the information. "Oh. Where is he?"

Jude started walking towards the door so I followed urgently.
"He wants to be alone for now so I can't tell you."

"I'm not gonna bother him, I promise. I want to help him catch up on the few lectures he has missed. That's all."

He stopped walking, turning to me."I told him that he's missing important classes too. I did everything I could, to let him forget about it and focus on his studies instead. Too bad J is so into the heartbreak. Almost like he'd lost a part of him."

"I mean, wassup? He can't just sit there and watch his aspirations dissolve into nothing because of a bitch who wasn't even good for him. A gold digging bitch. I don't know how else to convince him that it's for the best they broke up."

    "Let me see him."I demanded."Please."

Jude stared at me a second longer then with a barely there nod, "follow me."

_____________________

Next chapter shall be longer, to compensate for this short update.
  Thanks for reading.

Ford ❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 342 29
Siblings get separated all the time right? then if you ever find your sibling after years and years of being apart and not even knowing the other exi...
30.6K 798 15
Seventeen years old Sam Adams doesn't do well with people. He prefers staying home on the weekends and staying away from parties. He has only one fri...
97 0 30
Alex is sent to boarding school cause he keeps getting expelled and his parents are over it so they send him to boarding school. He's anxious about e...
267K 9.8K 18
My dad kept on telling me that being a nerd isn't a bad thing and that I'm on the right track but I'm positive that being terrorized in the halls dai...