After The Truth

By sweet_day_dreams_

After finding out that the love of her life betrayed her Tessa is left heartbroken and must make a decision... More

Tessa Chapter 1
Hardin Chapter 2
Tessa Chapter 3
Hardin Chapter 4
Tessa Chapter 5
Hardin Chapter 6
Tessa Chapter 7
Hardin Chapter 8
Tessa Chapter 9
Hardin Chapter 10
Tessa Chapter 11
Hardin Chapter 12
Tessa Chapter 13
Hardin Chapter 14
Tessa Chapter 15
Hardin Chapter 16
Tessa Chapter 17
Hardin Chapter 18
Tessa Chapter 19
Hardin Chapter 20
Tessa Chapter 21
Hardin Chapter 22
Hardin Chapter 24
Tessa Chapter 25
Hardin Chapter 26
Tessa Chapter 27
Hardin Chapter 28
Tessa Chapter 29
Hardin Chapter 30
Tessa Chapter 31
Hardin Chapter 32
Tessa Chapter 33
Hardin Chapter 34
Tessa Chapter 35
Hardin Chapter 36
Tessa Chapter 37
Hardin Chapter 38
Tessa Chapter 39
Hardin Chapter 40
Tessa Chapter 41
Hardin Chapter 42
Tessa Chapter 43
Hardin Chapter 44
Tessa Chapter 45
Hardin Chapter 46
Tessa Chapter 47
Hardin Chapter 48
Tessa Chapter 49
Hardin Chapter 50
Tessa Chapter 51
Hardin Chapter 52
Tessa Chapter 53
Hardin Chapter 54
Tessa Chapter 55
Hardin Chapter 56
Tessa Chapter 57
Hardin Chapter 58
Tessa Chapter 59
Hardin Chapter 60

Tessa Chapter 23

3.1K 97 394
By sweet_day_dreams_

⚠️SENSITIVE CONTENT⚠️

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

Authors note~ Also just a huge thank you to all the love and support, you guys mean the world to me and I love you all <3

...

I slowly stir awake to the smell of coffee.

"Hardin." I mumble.

I slide my hands across the sheets, I feel around. I open my eyes and lift my head, my body is tangled in the sheets but he's not here. What time is it? I look at the clock on my nightstand and see that it's 11 am, I lay my head back down before I slowly sit up. I look down at my thighs and see little purple marks, I smile as I reminisce in the memories of last night.

I stand up and stretch, I star at myself in the mirror. I should walk around naked more often, I strike a sexy pose before I giggle to myself.

I grab his black button down shirt form last night and slip it on, I only button the middle being sure to leave my cleavage showing. I tip toe down the stairs and peek into the kitchen, I see him frying eggs on the stove. He's only wearing his sweatpants and dear god I might skip the meal and go straight to dessert. I quickly walk in and slowly run my hands up his back before I plant a few kisses between his shoulder blades, he turns around and smiles at me. He slides his hands under my shirt and squeezes my hips before he kisses my neck.

"Morning darling." He says in his morning voice.

I can't help but smile, I lean into him and kiss his lips. I feel him smile against my lips.

He looks down and smirks.

"That's my shirt Theresa." He says.

"I know, you want it back?"

He reaches his hands forward and unbuttons the shirt, it opens and his eyes widen. He grabs me by my hips and lifts me up and sits me on the counter, he slides his hands up my stomach and squeezes my boobs lightly in his hands. I bite his bottom lip lightly and run my tongue over his top lip before I rest my hands on his face and gently move my head while we make out. He lifts one of my thighs and presses it up against his body, I reach my hand hand down and tug at his sweatpants.

"Off." I mange to say between his sloppy wet kisses.

"In the kitchen?" He asks.

"Don't worry, she's a clean freak. The floors are cleaner than us." I tease.

He shrugs before his mouth darts to mine and his lips incase mine, he lifts me off the counter before he gently lays me on the floor. He slides his pants down mid way, I look down at his bulging erection and can't help but blush.

"I'm always happy to see you." He says.

"You'll be happier once your inside me."

"You're so dirty Theresa."

I lean in and whisper in his ear.

"And you love how dirty I am."

He kisses me before he starts nipping my neck, he slowly slides inside me.

"Oh my god." I moan.

Suddenly I hear keys in the front door.

"HARDIN!"

He stops sucking on my neck and looks at me.

"Did I hurt you?" He asks worried.

"No, of course not but my parents!"

"Oh shit."

He slowly pulls out of me, he slips his pants back on and helps me stand up. I turn around and start buttoning up his shirt that I'm wearing, he steps in front of me and pulls me behind him.

"Tessa! Hardin! We're back....I'm about.."

She walks into the kitchen, I peak my head out from behind Hardin.

"Hi mom."

She looks us up and down.

"What are you two? Dear god." She whispers.

She quickly turns around and pushes my father out of the kitchen before he has a chance to walk in.

"Honey what are you doing?" My father asks.

"Nothing I just, forgot something in the car. Can you go get it, please. My reading glasses."

"Ok." He says.

I hear the front door close, she walks back into the kitchen.

"Well I see you two made up quickly." She teases.

I feel bad for Hardin, I mean he has on pants but he isn't wearing a shirt. I do appreciate how protective he is of me, he's covering me even thought it's my own mother. I get on my tip toes and look over Hardins shoulder at my mom.

"Hi mommy."

She puts her hands on her hips and shakes her head.

"You two better go put on clothes before your father realizes that there's nothing in the car."

"Right." Hardin says.

He takes my hand and we both run up the stairs and into my room, I quickly close and  lock the door. He starts laughing.

"This isn't funny." I scold.

"Baby it's kinda funny."

I slap his arm.

"No it's not, my parents almost caught us.................oh my god."

I cover my face with my hands.

"Calm down, they didn't see anything. We were already standing up by the time she walked in."

"That doesn't matter, she knows. I know my mother and she's probably down there thinking about it right now."

He walks up to me and places his hands on my shoulders.

"Don't stress darling, we're fine. No one saw anything."

I look up at him, he's unusually calm. But then again Hardin never striked me as the kind to be embarrassed when caught in the act, especially after our very first encounter.

"Look I know it's not a big deal to you but these are my parents...........my father almost saw me."

I close my eyes as I imagine it.

"Ew." I whisper.

"Tess just breathe, everything is fine. You're mom is cool."

I look at him.

"Cool? Did you just call my mom cool?"

"Yeah, look we had a conversation yesterday and she was..........easy to talk to. I don't think she cares about us in the kitchen, not to mention that she didn't even see us."

I sigh.

"She gonna tease me about this till the day I die."

I can't help but laugh.

"Well technically this is all your fault." He teases.

"ME?"

"Yup, you're the one who seduced me and insisted we fuck on the kitchen floor."

I cross my arms and scold him, he laughs.

"Love im just joking."

"Mhmm, I'll remember that the next time you're trying to feel me up."

I walk over to my drawer and grab a pair of sweatpants and a shirt, I unbutton his shirt and slowly slip it off. In an instant his hands are on my waist, he runs then towards my stomach and slowly lowers them. His fingers inch lower until fingers slowly circle over my sensitive spot. My head falls back onto his chest.

"Hardin that's............"

He uses his other hand and slowly slips his middle finger inside me.

"Shhhhh, no talking darling." He whispers.

I bite down on my lip to hide my muffled moans.

I can't form words, he's just too good at his. My stomach flutters and my breathing becomes heavy, my heart races and all my thoughts disappear

"We have to make up for lost time love, I missed seeing you like this. So helpless under my touch." He coos in my ear.

"I.............ah."

"So quiet? You're usually so chatty, I must be good."

Asshole.

He slips in another finger and my legs give out, he pulls me against his body and hold me up. I grip the edge of my dresser as my back arches.

Holy shit.

"Fuck." I say under my breath.

"Is it good doll?" He taunts.

I nod my head repeatedly.

"S..............so..........mhmm."

He starts kissing my neck and right behind my ear and it's all to much for me, the pressure builds and builds and the pleasure becomes so strong I have to bite down on my tongue so I don't alert the whole house that I'm about to loose my mind because this is just too fucking good.

"I'm gonna......"

"Go ahead baby, cum for daddy."

Jesus.

"Ahhhhhhh."

I start panting and my body gives out as the wonderful feeling of my orgasm consumes me, his light kisses on my neck only further the pleasure I'm feeling. I just feels so..............good.

...

I'm finally able to open my eyes and stand up, I slowly turn around and face him. He smiles before he leans in and kisses my lips, I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you."

"Me or my fingers?" He teases.

Uh, he so annoying.

I rolls my eyes.

"I'm kidding, I love you more."

"Mhmm." I tease.

He smiles before he grabs my ass and I giggle.

"Come on, we have to go down stairs before they get suspicious." I say.

"I think your moaning gave it away love."

I playfully slap his arm and he laughs.

"Put on a shirt, you're too distracting without one." I say.

"I could say the same thing about you, although you without pants is just as distracting." He smiles.

"If you keep complimenting me it might get to my head daddy."

He bites his bottom lip and his jaw clenches.

"Well daddy likes to let his princess know how beautiful she is."

I blush.

I kiss his lips once more before I turn around and put on sweatpants and a hoodie quickly, I put my hair up in an bun and put on some socks. When I turn back around Hardin is leaning against the door waiting for me, he's wearing a black shirt and socks. I walk towards him and take his hand in mine, we walk downstairs and into the kitchen where my parents are drinking coffee. We sit down across from them in the kitchen stools.

...

"So, how was aunt Stacys house?" I ask.

She smiles at me and looks over at Hardin before she puts down her mug.

She knows, I know my nosy mother knows.

"It was good, your father and Uncle Ted bickered about snow shoveling and I helped Stacy with the twins. I miss you being a baby, you're all grown up now, you don't need me anymore." She says playfully.

"I'll always need you mom."

"No you don't, you have Hardin. And now I'm just an old lady who has no use."

My father chokes on his coffee.

"What am I? Chop liver? I was here before Tessa, not to mention we wouldn't even have Tessa if it weren't for me. My sperm, remember."

"Ew dad, can we not talk about this."

I cover my ears while my parents laugh, I look over and see Hardin laughing too. I pout at him and he giggles before he leans in and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"David you're not a mother, you wouldn't understand. What am I supposed to do now?" My mother says.

"Take care of me." My father teases.

My mom crosses her arms and scolds him, he stands up and kisses her cheek before he places his cup in the sink.

"I'm gonna go feed Jerry and take him for a walk." My father says.

"Be careful Mr. Young, there's a patch of black ice on the sidewalk." Hardin says.

"Thanks son."

He leaves the kitchen and my mother leans into us.

"So? How was last night?" She asks.

I go stiff and words don't come out, I feel all the color drain from my face.

"Uh...................I...................we......"

"It was fine, we just made dinner and listened to some music." Hardin quickly adds.

"That's nice, I'm just happy you too were able to talk."

She stands up and puts her mug in the sink.

"You kids want some coffee, I saw you made breakfast but it got cold while you guys were upstairs. What took you guys so long?"

Shit.

"Brushing our teeth, and Tessa wanted to clean the room a bit."

I look over and thank him with my eyes.

"Well I was just............."

She looks over at the kitchen entrance and her face turns pale, she stops talking. I look over and see my father standing there looking at my mother with the same expression.

"What is it dad? What happened?" I ask.

He looks over at me but stays mute, I look over at mom and she starts to cry.

"Mom? Dad? What is happening?"

"It's...............it's Jerry." My father says faintly.

My heart sinks into my stomach and before I even know it I running around the house looking for him, I get to the living room and see his limp body on the couch. His eyes are open and he's staring blankly up at the ceiling, I lightly place my hand on his stomach. He's ice cold, I drop to my knees in front of the couch.

"No...........................no.................please." I whisper.

Tears streaming down my face and my chest feels tight, I can't breath. I gently shake him hoping this is all a misunderstanding and that he's just asleep.

"Jerry.......................wake up.........wake up boy..........please wake up." I cry.

I shake him a bit harder.

"He's just sleeping.................he's just sleeping............."

I look back and see my mother in my father arms, Hardin looks so worried.

"He's just sleeping...............he just sleeping." I say between sobs.

"Tess." Hardin gently whispers.

"NO...................he's just asleep...............he's asleep cus he's tired, he's healthy and we always feed him and give him baths, I always give him too many treats cus he's a good boy.............and he's tried and he just needs sleep..............he's just asleep............he's just asleep."

I keep repeating this, I don't know if I'm trying to convince them or me.

I lay my head on his furry chest and wrap my arms around him, my tears soak into his fur. They had just washed him a few days ago and he still smells like flowers.

"You're such a good boy." I whisper.

"Tessa........honey." My mother says softly.

"No...................no.........he's fine........he's fine........"

I feel Hardins hand on my back, he kneels down next to me.

"Tess..............baby." He whispers.

"He's fine." I sniffle and wipe under my nose with my sleeve.

I lift my head up and gently stroke his fur.

"He's fine."

I gently run my hands over his face and close his eyes, I look at Hardin and his sad expression and worried eyes still hold so much love. I collapse in his arm, he pulls my head to his body and wraps his arms around me while I cry into his chest, he kisses the top of my head and gently strokes my back.

"I'm so sorry." He whispers to me.

The tears just keep coming, I've had Jerry my whole life. Ever since I was a baby, we got him as a puppy. And now...............I don't even know when he died. Was it last night? While I was upstairs having sex my poor baby was down here all alone in the dark, I'm an awful dog mom.

I pull away from Hardin and stand up, I run out of the living and run upstairs. I run into my bedroom and slam the door, I walk to the corner of my room and get into a ball on the floor. I start to hyperventilate, my tears blur my vision and I can't calm myself down.

The room door opens and Hardin walks in, he sees me on the floor and immediately runs to me. He sits down next to me and pulls me onto his lap, I rest my head in the crook of his neck.

"He's gone..." I mumble.

"I'm so sorry baby."

"I didn't even get to say goodbye, he's gone.........he's dead."

He squeezes me in his arms.

"It breaks my fucking heart to see you cry darling." He coos in my ear.

I desperately try to stop but I can't, I can't do anything. I can't see or breathe or even think, the only thing that is keeping me remotely sane is that fact that Hardin is holding me. That his skin is on mine and that I can smell him.

I look up at him and he wipes away the wet hair sticking to my face.

"Take a breath, just breathe with me baby."

"I can't.................I...."

"I know it's hard, and I know it hurts..............but you need to breathe..............I need you to breathe for me love."

I lightly nod my head.

I close my eyes and try to take a deep breath but the only air that fills my lungs are broken gasps, I try once more but once again it's broken gasps. I open my eyes and give him a helpless look.

"I know it's hard..........." he repeats slowly.

"I'm.................I..........*sniffle*.............I'm.............sorry." I says in broken words.

My sobs only grow the harder I try to stop.

But then something unexpected happens............he starts to sing.

"I found a love, for me. Oh darling  just drive right in and follow my lead..."

At first his voice is faint but then he grows more confident and his voice projects a bit louder, I've never heard him sing before. His voice is so beautiful.

"Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet, oh I never knew you were the one waiting for me."

He smiles a shy smile.

I didn't realize I stoped crying until I take a deep breath.

"Oh we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was I will not give you up this time, but darling just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own, and in your eyes you're holding mine." We faintly sing together.

He wipes under my eyes.

"There's that smile I love." He says while he wipes my tears.

"I love you so much Hardin.........so much."

I press my lips into his and I can taste my salty tears in between our kiss, I pull away and wipe my lips.

"Sorry about the tears." I mumble.

He licks his lips.

"I like them." He says.

He leans in and kisses my cheeks before he uses his thumbs to wipe away the rest of my tears.

"Thanks you for being here." I say.

"You don't need to thank me, I'm here for the good and the bad."

"I......................I just can't believe he's gone..........I've had him forever......and now.......I didn't even get to say goodbye."

"You can still say goodbye, why don't we bury him? So you can say goodbye." He suggests.

I look at him.

"We? You'll help me?"

"Of course, I would never let you do that alone......unless you want to?"

"I don't, I don't think I can do it alone."

"Then you don't have to."

I sit and process everything before he helps me stand up, I walk down the stairs and lightly pick at my fingers. When I get into the living room I see my parents sitting next to Jerry on the floor, I sit next to them. My mother lightly pets his head and my father scratches his stomach. I look up at my mom and a tear steams down her cheek, my father reaches up and wipes it.

"I wanna bury him." I say.

"Of course honey, but where?" My mother asks.

I think for a moment.

"My flower garden, so I'll alway have him close."

"Ok, we should do it now. It looks like it's gonna snow." My father says.

I nod my head, we stand up and I slowly take Jerry in my arms. Hardin helps me put on my shoes so I can hold Jerry, we walk into the backyard and walk into my garden. My father grabs a shovel and starts digging.

"I wanna get some flowers from the trail, can you hold him mom?"

"Of course."

I gently hand him to her, he's so cold. She kisses his head.

I leave the garden and grab a basket we usually use to collect the vegetables from our other garden, I start walking into the woods when I feel  something being put on me. I look and see Hardin drape his jean jacket over me.

"It's cold." He says.

I smile before I rest my head on his shoulder while we walk.

"It's a bit far to the flower field." I warn him.

"I don't care, if you get tired I'll carry you."

Gosh I just love him so much.

...

As we walk through the woods all you can hear are our feet crushing leaves and twigs, he took the basket so I wouldn't have to hold it.

"I hope you know I really appreciate everything you do for me." I tell him.

"I know, I do it because I love you Daisy."

"Daisy?"

"Yeah, I feel like I need some fresh nicknames for you. And plus Daisys are my favorite flower." He admits.

His cheeks are pink and I can't tell if it's because of the weather or the fact that he got all shy.

"I like Daisy, I wish I had more nicknames for you. I thought about trying to shorten your name but Har seems cheesy."

He giggles, it's the most beautiful sound.

"I like it baby, it's cute."

I lace my fingers with his and kiss his cheek.

"Good."

...

Once we make it to the flower field I start picking flowers, Hardin holds the basket while I fill it to the rim with Roses and Daisys and Sunflowers as Lilies.

"I think that good." I say.

"Not quiet." He says.

He bends down and picks a Daisy, he puts it in my hair behind my ear.

"Perfect, a Daisy for my Daisy." He says sweetly.

I smile before I take his hand again and we start walking back to the house.

...

Once we get back to the house it's already snowing and my poor parents are shivering.

"We already said our godbyes, but you know your mother can't stay in the cold this long. Her lungs." My father warns.

"I know, it's ok. You guys can go inside, I'll finish."

"Are you sure?" My mother asks.

"Yeah."

She smile before she hands me Jerry and they walk inside, I turn to Hardin.

"You can go in too, I know you're cold."

"Not a chance, not until you go inside."

I faintly smile before I walk over to the hole in my garden, I kiss the top of his head before I slowly and gently lower him into the hole.

"I love you Jerry...........goodbye buddy." I whisper.

Hardin kneels beside me and extends the basket towards me, I individually place each flower around Jerry until he's fully covered and the basket is empty. Hardin grabs the shoves and slowly starts to fill the hole, I told myself I wouldn't cry but I couldn't help it.

...

Once the hole was covered I placed a rock I carved his name into over the near it.

Hardin pulled me into his arm and I can feel that he's ice cold, now I have to take care of my man.

"Let's go inside and have a bath?" I ask.

He smiles and nods, his red nose and cheeks make him look youthful and innocent.
We slowly begin to walk toward the door to go inside.

...

The sky turns to night and the once green land turns white as the snow flakes swirl in the air until they eventually fall and create a blanket of white fluff.

Jerry always loved the snow, he would run around and try to catch it in his mouth. I would walk with him through the forest and visit the flower field every day after school, it was our spot. And now he's gone forever, I'll always love and miss him. Forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 2.4K 38
Tessa and Hardin are forced to marry by their parents. They are opposite and how it's possible to be together? But what if one day they fall in love...
21.9K 425 28
When her love tore her heart apart, Lori's thoughts on boys were tainted by that very scene. She becomes distant and believes love is not for her. Th...
98 13 37
Sarah has looked all through her life to find someone who will love her. She tries the most common way to find love but still doesn't find love in i...
29 0 1
Ready for a new chapter in life, Lily packs up and leaves. Life on the other hand has different plans. It decides she needs to quit running, quit lyi...