Unraveling Him | A mafia Story

By pumpkinyara

(Book #4 in the series) (Can be read as a stand-alone) HER A mystery. So very complicated. An enigma. A... More

Forward
Trailer
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Redemption
Chapter 2 -First memory
Chapter 3 - Don't kill her
Chapter 4 - Playing with fire
Chapter 5 - Promise? Promise
Chapter 6 - That's what brothers are for
Chapter 7 - She is my everything
Chapter 8 - What if it was me?
Chapter 9 - You need to let someone in
Chapter 10 - I won't be selfish again
Chapter 11 - I don't want to fight anymore
Chapter 12 - Give me sugar
Chapter 13 - Bring the monster back
Chapter 14 - Your grumpy Nik
Chapter 15 - You're mine and I am yours
Chapter 16 - This will be our secret
Chapter 17 - Red riding hood and the big bad wolf
Chapter 18 - In my story, you're the hero
Chapter 19 - Everything you touch, dies
Chapter 20 - Mushy and whatnot
Chapter 21 - Sister-Kisser
Chapter 23 - Us against the world
Chapter 24 - The three N's
Chapter 25 - Weapons don't weep
Chapter 26 - It didn't bring him back
Chapter 27 - Big boss mafia
Chapter 28 - My beautiful delicate girl
Chapter 29 - Atonement
Chapter 30 - Rebirth
Chapter 31 - Death is easy, living is hard
Chapter 32 - A death sentence
Chapter 33 - A pain in my ass
Chapter 34 - The Crystal ball
Chapter 35 - Keep fighting
Chapter 36 - You've got us
Chapter 37 - Avenging Angel
Chapter 38 - The holy grail
Chapter 39 - My beautiful king
Chapter 40 - Unwanted memories
Chapter 41 - Bella
Chapter 42 - Mr. Right/ Mr. Wrong
Chapter 43 - We are buddies now
Chapter 44 - You make my world spin
Chapter 45 - A lost bet
Chapter 46 - My number-one girl
Chapter 47 - I am not a warrior
Chapter 48 - Love conquers all
Chapter 49 - This is our normal
Chapter 50 - My fierce protector
Chapter 51 - Big Bad Boy
Chapter 52 - Make Ronald Cry
Chapter 53 - A Little bit more
Chapter 54 - One Last Fight
Chapter 55 - It wasn't your pain to avenge
Chapter 56 - The abused and the abuser
Chapter 57 - Dose of Insanity
Chapter 58 - It's been long overdue
Chapter 59 - The Supreme Leader
Chapter 60 - Conquer or Die (Part I)
Chapter 60 - Conquer or Die (Part II)
Chapter 61 - A Broken King
Chapter 62 - Selfless Love - Part I
Chapter 62 - Selfless Love - Part II
All Hail the Queen - Extra Scenes
Chapter 63 - Five Months & Five Days

Chapter 22 - Ferris wheel ride

1.2K 72 544
By pumpkinyara

There are many POV's in this chapter, I hope it's not a problem and not confusing, but it's required sometimes.

****************

"How puzzlingly fitting one can be, a couple of opposites. She was loud and fiery; he was quiet and cold. She always defended him verbally; he always defended her physically."

****************

Nikolas's POV

He threw his words proudly, the smug look in his eyes proved to me he is hiding something; that one single thing which I can't put my finger on, the missing unknown in the equation, the one that could finally give me the upper hand over him.

His eyes drifted to Natalie, one last time before they fell on me again, in his gaze a warning and a threat to get away from her or else. My jaw tightened, my unwavering gaze telling him I am no way near submitting to his orders. His lips twitched, hiding his sadistic smile before he ended it there and turned around, leaving, followed by his men and I tightened my arm around Emma, feeling her determination to break free and run after him.

A groan rumbled from her throat and when I was sure he's gone, I loosened my grip, finally letting her go. Her chest heaved with each angry breath she took, the rage pushing in and out, spreading like wildfire over the skin of her neck and painting it red, "He should die," She grated out, her eyes on me, seeking something, "We should kill him, Nikolas, I can't take it anymore!"

I nodded, "We will," I assured her, "But we need to be careful, Emma," I added, reminding her that we can't just shoot him in plain sight; there are way too many lives at risk if we do so. I can't hurry into this, I can't lose my patience again. I need to follow the plan, step by step, with every factor calculated, just like I once did.

Emma's jaw clenched, her gaze drifting away from me and her hand tightening into a fist, grasping on the fringes of control because she knew I was right, yet still hated the fact. Roman was beside her, he took my place, talking with her and I stepped backward, my gaze going to Natalie, who despite what just happened, didn't look the least scared.

She walked closer, reaching my side and her hand came forward, her fingers wrapping over mine, she tightened her grip the slightest, drifting my mind away from the fact that he just dropped by my house, threatened me yet again and left, "I knew I hated the man before," She mumbled, her eyebrow raising, "But in reality he is something else alright."

Lines etched her forehead, "Also, who gave him the right to push me to leave you?" She added, both offended and confused at his interference.

I shook my head, dismissing the thought for now, "Never mind him," My hand went to the side of her waist, pulling her closer, "But you gonna need to control that mouth of yours," My eyebrow raised, addressing how she talked back to him without any regard to anything. The fucked up part, he was just amused in return. All these damn years and I can't fucking understand him still.

A small smile pulled at the side of Natalie's lips and she shook her head, "I couldn't help it," She said, her hands going to my shirt, fixing the collar, ever so casually, "Also, no one can tell me what I should or shouldn't do," She tapped her hand over my shoulder, "Not even that evil father of yours."

Lines etched between my eyebrows, her calm casual reaction toward this and just everything in general, it both relaxed but also confused me beyond measures. She did say her mind was strong; a hundred times stronger than mine apparently.

She was about to say more but something behind me seemed to grab her attention. I turned around, my eyes falling on Mia as she edged out the room, her eyes on us before they drifted to the other presences around, her hand tightly clinging to the door as she settled her gaze back on me, "I am sorry, I just, I heard your father's voice," She mumbled, her throat bobbed heavily and she let the door go and took a hesitant step forward, "I thought my father was here too."

I shook my head and she nodded, a bit relieved before her eyes flickered to Natalie. Recognizing her from before, she took another step toward us, "I am really sorry about what happened earlier," She said, genuinely, her words directed at Natalie, "I should've," She shook her head, "I should've not said that," She looked at me, "I am not his fiancé and I hope I didn't cause any trouble."

Natalie smiled, a bit warm, gone all that territorial behavior from minutes ago and I am sure it's because she can read Mia's body language as she stepped closer, the fear in the girl's voice as she spoke, "No, it's okay," Natalie said, leaving my side and stepping toward Mia, "He explained it to me," She added, her tone all soft and welcoming before she extended her hand forward, "I am Natalie by the way, I am sorry I just stormed off like that before," She let out a low chuckle at the silly thought, "I was just taken aback by the information, that's all."

Mia's eyes fell on her hand before she placed hers forward, her shoulders relaxing a bit and a small tiny smile pulling at her lips as she said, "Nice to meet you."

I couldn't help but look at her, watching as she acted like her kind innocent self; Natalie is something else really, sometimes too perfect to be true. We both are poles apart and opposites may attract for awhile, that's for sure. But at some point, though, wouldn't you be tired of those who are on a different page than you. Eventually, wouldn't she want someone on the same page as hers?

I shook the thought away for now, trying to focus on something else as Emma came to a stop beside me, her anger seemed to have subdued for now, "We should leave, the jet is waiting," She announced, her tone neutral, the previous encounter draining her energy away.

I nodded before my hand went to her arm, pulling her closer to me and stopping her from turning around, my other arm went around her back, hugging her, knowing very well how she must be feeling after seeing him, especially after his words.

Her body tensed the slightest, still not used to this before she relaxed in my embrace, "If you need anything, call me, and I will be there right away," I assured her and she edged her head backward, looking at me.

She nodded, "Same goes for you," She said, her voice took a lower note, her throat bobbed slightly, "I will come back anyway, but I just need a couple of days to get back to myself, okay?"

I nodded, "Take all the time you need, I've got a couple of things on my hand anyway," She sensed that something was cooking in my head and she added, "Tell me all about it later?"

"Yeah, sure," I said.

Her gaze went to Natalie as she spoke with Mia before they fell back on me, "You saw how she talked back to Isaac," A small smile pulled the corner of Emma's lips, shrugging as she added, "Told you she'll fit well with us."

Her words had me gazing back at Natalie for a quick second, still terrified how terribly my world could change her.

My jaw ticked and I shook my head, "She shouldn't have to."

Emma's hand over my arm took my attention me back to her, "Then why did you start this with her?"

Because I know it's...temporary. Whether I want to admit it out loud or not, I know this won't last, and the tired part of me accepted this because it's seeking comfort, the comfort she gives me every time I am surrounded by her presence. It's selfish and I promised myself I wasn't going to be selfish anymore, but here I am breaking again yet another rule and overstepping my limits.

Natalie's eyes met mine, her conversation finished with Mia as she came to a stop beside me, giving me a small smile before Emma spoke, "Sorry you had to witness that," She said, turning her tone playful and pretending to not be affected, "But our dear father loves to make an entrance."

Natalie shook her head, a bit of sadness cut through her eyebrows, "I just want to say that what he said was untrue," She said, her tone is the same compassionate one she uses with me when I need her to, "Your strength isn't defined by this," She shook her head, "Because even the strongest among us deserves to grieve, and Emma," She took a step forward, reaching for a part in Emma I think herself isn't capable to reach yet, "You deserve to grieve what you lost, it wasn't a...little inconvenience," She addressed Isaac's hurtful words, "No, it's big and the strength that he was loosely talking about, that strength is proven the most when we accept that grief."

Her head tilted, her professional background and experience were evident in her tone, "Even if it will consume us, we should let it, because that's the first step, and after that, it will pass and you will come out on the other end more powerful than before."

Natalie smiled, a small understanding one, "And I think you are a really strong person, and I am sure once this passes, you will be okay again."

Emma just listened silently all through, trying to make sense of the few words said, emotions pushed and pulled and when Natalie was done, Emma offered her a small smile, nodding her head, "Thank you," She mumbled, a bit appreciative for the encouraging words.

A small moment of silence enveloped us and Emma broke it, hating the tension, "Anyway, when I get back, we still need to talk," She said, winking, "You need to tell me your secret," She told her while pointing at me and I rolled my eyes at the insinuation.

Natalie chuckled lowly and nodded, "Yeah, don't worry, I will tell you all about it."

Emma turned to me, smiling and she winked, "See you later, big bro."

I gave her a reassuring nod and when she stepped away, I turned my head to Natalie, whispering down to her, "Why are you so perfect?"

Her eyebrows pulled closer and she shook her head, smiling at my silly words, "I am far away from perfect," She said, her eyebrows pulling closer as she ever so modestly added, "But it's kind of boosting my ego that you think I am."

A small smile lifted my lips at her tone and she inched closer, tangling her arm with mine, looking up at me, hopeful as she asked, "You're still going to my place, right?"

I nodded and her smile widened, happy at the thought, but before I could say more, Roman gave me a look that signaled he wanted to talk about something. I sighed and turned to Natalie, "Why don't you go down with Emma and I will follow after a bit," I suggested and she nodded, understanding.

When they both went downstairs, Roman's eyes drifted from the door and to me, "What now?" He asked, his tone tight, a bit anxious even.

"I have a few things in mind," I said and his eyebrows pulled closer, "Like what?"

I shook my head, dismissing him before my gaze drifted to Mia, who was sitting on the couch, her eyes on the phone's screen in her hand, as if waiting for a message to arrive or a call, "For now, I don't plan to tell anyone about it," I said as my eyes flickered back to him.

His jaw ticked, "Seriously now?" He grated out, a bit of anger building up in his tone.

I nodded, casually addressing the matter, infuriating him more, "It's my fight, Roman," I said, and for the first time since ever, something snapped in his eyes, the rage pushing him forward, "It's my fucking fight too!" He hissed, his fury grabbing Mia's gaze to us, a bit frightened at the tension before she looked away, contemplating on how she can escape to the other room.

"Your father," He pointed at me, directing part of the blame on me as well, "Your father killed my kid, he hurt my wife, so it's my fight too!"

For the first time ever, he was the angry one and I was the calm cold one, taking this in one at a time, not allowing it to trigger me, my brain busy, thinking and analyzing every situation, trying to find that loophole and for that, I need to stay calm and in control. I have to.

I nodded, "I know, but for now, leave it to me," There was an order in my tone that he better follow, "And you need to calm the hell down, because I don't have the enough patience to control both you and Emma," I stressed out, "You need to keep her in check," I added and he took a step backward. He rushed a hand over his face, calming himself down because he knew I was right, but Isaac's sudden appearance could trigger just anyone.

Air pushed in and out of his chest, "Anyway," He said, changing the subject, "The guy we caught during the attack is refusing to say anything, I sent him to London so I can take care of it there."

I nodded, "I doubt he'd give us anything on Isaac."

"I know, I just want the name of the guy who stabbed Emma," Roman replied, his jaw clenching, "And I will make him tell me."

I nodded, agreeing on that part and he looked away, his gaze falling on Mia, "Joseph has been asking around about you," He said, turning his attention to me and I nodded, "I know, since I lost it on Isaac, he is been scared that inconvenience could threaten this-" I said, pointing at me and her.

"I will deal with him," I added over a sigh, I will need him on my side and against Isaac.

Roman nodded, "He even sent a bodyguard for her, I was gonna tell you before but then Isaac came barging in," He added, scoffing, "Anyway, it's probably just a spy to check on what's going around."

I nodded, "Works well for me," I said, "Where is he?"

"Downstairs," Roman answered. Good, at least he saw that Isaac dropped by, this could support my plan even better.

"What's his name?"

Roman looked at his phone, "Matteo," He answered.

I nodded, "Tell him to come up," I said and Roman nodded, ready to walk away but I stopped him, my hand shot to his arm and he gave me a confused look, "You take good care of Emma, or else this time I won't hesitate to pull the trigger," I warned him, very serious with my threat and he snatched his arm back, giving me a knowing glare, "I don't need you to tell me that."

He walked away and I turned to Mia, stepping closer toward her. She noticed and got up to her feet right away, "Your father had sent a bodyguard for you," I informed her, checking for any change in her expression or if she'd give a reaction to the simple news.

Her eyes grew wide the slightest but she covered it right away, she rubbed an anxious hand over her throat, "Is it uh.." She stated to say, "Is it...Matteo?"

My eyebrows pulled closer at how quickly she figured out who and I nodded, "Yeah, you know him?"

She nodded her head multiple times, "Yeah, yeah, he was my uh...my bodyguard for the last couple of years," She said, her chest heaving a bit and I tried to read in between the lines, "He is a good person," She added, without me even asking, "You can trust him I mean."

I rubbed a hand over my jaw, assessing her state and words as I gave her a slight nod. The knock on the door had me turning around, my eyes falling on the guy that stepped inside. He removed his dark sunglasses and slightly lowered his head down in respect, "Hello sir," He said, his tone defined and neutral before his gaze flickered up to me, not once wavering, not anxious the slightest, just like they all were trained to be, "I was sent here for Miss Armone's protection."

My eyes took into Mia's state one more time, on how she curled her hand into a fist, her breathing getting heavier, as if trying to hold herself form doing something. Matteo's gaze flickered to her for a very brief second and his gaze wavered, barely noticeable before he focused it on me again, keeping himself in check.

Understanding part of this, I nodded and stepped away from Mia, "Well, I hope you're good at your job," I said, unable to hide the bit of sarcasm in my tone as I headed for the door. Giving them both one last look, I closed the door behind me and walked downstairs, scoffing at the drastic turn in my life over the past years.

I still remember when I first got into this apartment, making it my little hideaway from Isaac and just everyone, but now it's turning into a hotel for secret lovers. Great. Just great.

I really need to find another place.

***************

Mia's POV

I waited, one second, two seconds...counting to ten in my head, making sure Nikolas was far away before I allowed my gaze to drift from the apartment's closed door to Matteo.

Letting out the suffocating breath I was holding in all along, my feet acted on their own, moving forward so fast till I came crashing in between his arms. Tears flooded down, uncontrollably as I clung into him like I was clinging into my last breath, "You came," I mumbled into his shoulders, crying and sobbing, all at once.

He tightened his arms around me, his hand cradling the back of my head, "Of course, I did," He mumbled into my hair, his tone just as strained as mine.

The tears didn't stop, they flowed down without restraints, missing him and his smell more than I thought was humanly possible. He edged backward a fraction, his hand cupping my face, wiping my stupid tears away, "I am sorry," He said, and guilt swam in his eyes, "I am sorry I couldn't be here earlier," He apologized and I shook my head, knowing just how hard our situation is.

"Did he..." He started to say, his jaw tightening at the mere thought, pain in his eyes as he asked, "Did he do anything to you?"

I shook my head, relieving him, "No, no," My lips curled into a smile as I gazed at him some more, "Don't worry, nothing happened," I brought my hand to his face, brushing my hand under his eyes, where I could see how tired he must've been over the past weeks, "Nikolas is not at all like I expected him to be actually."

Matteo's eyebrows pulled closer in confusion and I added, assuring him, "He won't let the marriage happen even," I added, letting the relief of that news and his presence now spread all over my chest, taking part of the fear that lived inside of me for years.

Matteo shook his head, "It doesn't matter," He said, "I've been working on it since your father dropped the whole news on us," His jaw tightened at the bitter memories, "I have gathered enough money, my friend is working on getting us fake IDs and passports," He tucked my hair behind my ear, "Just a couple days and I will get you out of here," He added, a promise in his voice as he inched closer, his forehead pressing over mine, "Even if this marriage won't happen, Mia," He brushed his fingers gently over my cheek, "I can't let you go back to your father."

I let my eyelids drop down, breathing him in and letting that crazy, almost impossible thought settle in, "I was terrified something might've happened to you," He mumbled, his voice weak and my heart rattled harder against my chest, "No, I am fine. Now, I am," I whispered, blinking my eyes open and staring at him, at the devastation in his eyes.

He is the only one who knows me, who has seen everything and still wanted me. He is the only one in this world who actually loves me, who is willing to risk everything to save me from this horrible nightmare.

"I missed you so much," I mumbled, sniffling and the same feelings reflected in his eyes before he inched closer and pecked my lips, "Just a couple of days, Mia, I promise," He said, giving me hope, I needed hope more than he imagined, "A couple more days and it will be just you and me," His lips curved a beautiful smile at the thought, "Just the two of us."

My pulse accelerated and I took his hand in mine, "Actually," I bit at my lower lip before I brought his hand to my belly, "It's gonna be the...three of us," I added, a bit nervous as I dropped the news on him.

His eyes drifted to our hands and they widened, understanding, "Are you-" His eyes flickered to mine, "Are you sure?" He said, breathlessly and I nodded, "Yeah, I just turned twenty years old and I am gonna be a mother, can you believe that?" I said with a low laugh as more tears left my eyes. Both happy and terrified.

The shock combined with the ecstatic feeling behind this news had his eyes watering up, "I am gonna be a..." He couldn't get himself to say the word out loud, "We are gonna be...parents?"

I nodded and a big smile broke over his face before he wrapped me in his arms, ever so protectively, like he wanted to shield me away from all of this, "We will be free from this, right?" I asked as I laid my head over his chest, still scared beyond measures, "You promise?"

He tightened his hold over me, "I promise, Mia," He said, running his hand through my hair, "I won't let anything happen to either of you, I promise."

**************

Natalie's POV

My gaze drifted from the TV and fell on Nikolas. I shot him a glare as he totally ignored the movie I put on to try and drift his mind off what happened earlier. His attention rather occupied by the phone in his hand where he keeps typing things, and when he is not looking at his phone, his mind seems to be galaxies away, thinking, analyzing and calculating.

God, he really doesn't take a damn rest ever.

I paused the movie and turned my body around, crossing my arms over my chest, still glaring at him, waiting to see if he'll even notice. A few seconds in, the lack of sounds from the TV had him lifting his gaze from the phone to the TV and then to me. His eyebrows pulled closer, totally confused, "Why are you glaring at me?"

I fought against the smile that threatened to curve my lips at his innocent tone; he is just so damn cute sometimes.

I leaned forward and snatched the phone out of his grip before I placed it away, "I just hate that phone!" I commented, my eyebrow raising and his confused gaze drifted to where I hid his phone behind me, "I told you I am a needy clingy girlfriend, I need all of your attention on me," I addressed the matter playfully, but I was also partially serious.

His eyebrow raised, not satisfied at what I just did. I think he never had people snatching his phone away from him. I mean I did it twice and he still didn't threaten to kill me so I guess I am slowly making it to the list of those he can tolerate. Till now, I've only seen Alex trigger him on so many occasions and Nikolas barely says a thing against him.

But still, even if I am climbing my way up that list, it seems there will always be parts of him I can't see and other parts I am not even allowed to touch, and that alone, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

The thought nagging on my mind since his father showed up pushed me closer to Nikolas, I removed his arm away and scooted till I was laying against his side, I let his arm fall around my shoulder and pressed the back of my head against his chest as I tilted it up, looking at him. I smiled, loving this position and how close it makes his face to me, how easily I can let his lips take me on a blissful ride, but first, there was a question I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"So, uh," I started, a bit nervous to address the topic or maybe just scared of the answers as I played with the sleeves of his shirt, distracting my hands as I added, "You were married?"

I thought he'd tense up at my whispered question but it's almost like he expected me to ask this and was just waiting for it to happen after his father mentioned the whole ex-wife topic. I lifted my gaze up again, assessing his expression.

His throat bobbed slightly and he nodded, "Yeah."

"For how long?" I mumbled, torturing the material of his shirt in my palm from the anxiousness.

"Two years," He answered and it felt he would just tell me anything if I just asked.

I looked down at my lap, still fidgeting with his shirt's sleeves, "Is it...is it that women we came across at the restaurant?"

There was a short pause, "Yeah," He said.

I turned around in his embrace, facing him and he tried to read my expression, to understand where I am going on with this. He scratched the side of his neck as he straightened himself, preparing for my interrogation, "You can ask what's on your mind," He urged, not changing the topic or hiding away from it.

I tucked my hair behind my ear, looking at him as I asked things different from what he expected, "Did you love her?"

Lines etched his forehead at my choice of words, "It's...complicated," He said and I wanted to scream; Complicated how? "Back then, I did think that it was love, but no, I learned what love is and that definitely wasn't it."

"Is that why it ended?" I asked.

He shook his head, "No," He said, "That marriage wasn't supposed to happen in the first place, that's why it had to end."

I gulped down, still utterly lost, "Do you...do you still think about her?"

There was a short pause as he gazed me before he nodded his head, "Yeah," He answered, honestly and my chest tightened for a reason, "But not in the way you think I do."

Which way, then?

I gave him a nod, my gaze drifting away, not wanting to ask more, needing the interrogation to end here.

"That's it?" Nikolas asked, shocked that I stopped.

Did he tell you about his ex-wife? Ask him about her, then tell me, is he a terrible person or not?

Even if the man is evil, he looked smart and he definitely went for something certain, his guaranteed ticket, the one that would push me away from his son.

I nodded, "That's it."

I cleared his confusion by explaining, "When we started this, I told you, I said I don't want to know, I said I don't care about the past," I clarified, nodding my head, "And I meant it."

I gave him a half-smile, "Yes, it goes against my curious nature, and my desire to dig for every answer, but-" I shook my head, "But I really don't want to know, just like we agreed, we go on with this, and when we're ready for it, we can talk about it."

It will be inevitable to bring it up some other time, but I wanna leave that for future Natalie to deal with. Not now, just not now.

My answer only doubled his confusion and I get it, it must sound crazy, it must look insane how I am still sticking to his side even with all the red flags surrounding him. It's insane, but I feel like I know him, I understand him, not the old him, this him, the man sitting next to me, I know this man, I can see the scars the battles he's been through left behind, I can see how hardly he is trying to grasp into the light and not get lost in the darkness again. I can see how tired he is but also how comfortable he gets around me, so how can I ever deny him that?

The truth is, I don't need him. I am used to do this life on my own, but I think...I think for now, he needs someone. I can be that someone, not the one to fix him, he is way past fixing now, but he needs someone to help him understand and accept himself, because he surely doesn't know how to.

Till then, till my part is done, I don't want to know that one thing that will push me away from him, because it feels like the fear of that unknown is much easier than the truth itself.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked, trying to read the many many thoughts surging through my head, trying to make sense why would someone like me want to be around him when I shouldn't.

True, I like him, a lot, all of him, even the dark dangerous part, it's thrilling beyond measures but when I am going to choose the man I'd spend the rest of my life with, he shouldn't have Nikolas's lifestyle, even if I badly wanted him to be the one, I know it's completely wrong.

"Because I want to," I simply answered, "And...I am scared," I admitted, "Scared because I feel that this life of yours will make me lose you in the end," I said, very sure that this will happen one day, "And it's scary because I am getting used to you so fast."

I never felt this push and pull toward anyone before. No one, literally. So, I owe it to myself to live through it, for as long as it can last.

I nodded, "And I know, I know that it's not healthy to get attached to someone this fast," I scoffed at myself, "I even advise my patients never to get attached so quick, but...but with you, I can't help it."

"I can't help it either," He said, a whispered confession, his eyes reflecting that same helpless feeling I had, like he also realizes that this isn't forever. We both are aware of that fact.

He hooked his hand under my chin, his thumb gently grazed the skin of my cheek, "I know it's wrong, that I am overstepping my limits, that I am being selfish," He gazed into my eyes, like...he couldn't believe I was real, "I know that this will end in a...tragedy," He shook his head, wishing he could change the situation, wishing we met at a different time or in a different place, "But when I am with you, it's like nothing and everything matters."

The meaning behind his words had my pulse accelerating, and it left me wondering who would be hurt the most when that day would come, "So, we just leave it to the flow," I said, calming the erratic feeling in my chest, searching for a safe ground to step onto for now, "We don't talk about the past, and we don't think about the future," I suggested, "We only live in this moment and we make the best of it."

He nodded his head because he needed the same reassurance. His eyes darkened for a second but he only brought me closer to him, his hand pressed over my lower back, and his other hand tucked my hair behind my ear, "I just want you to know that whatever is going to happen later," The forest in his eyes were deep with intensity, "That whichever way you would learn the truth about who I really am, I just want you to know that my intention is never to hurt you."

I nodded, "I know," I rested my arms around his neck and ran my hand over his cheek, feeling him, "It's crazy but I believe it in my bones that you would never hurt me," I paused my hand's movement when it reached the base of his neck, my fingers feathered over his scar, the only one he lets me touch, "It feels like even if I hurt you, you would never hurt me back."

My words had the side of his lips pull up, amused at my words, "You wouldn't do that," He said, like he believed in those words and in me. My heart lurched in my chest, my lips curling a big smile, "You trust me?" I asked.

"It's crazy because I don't even trust myself, but...yeah," He nodded, "I do."

My smile widened and I edged my head forward, my hands on his face as I urged, "Okay, now kiss me so we can start making the best of the present."

He didn't need more, instantly it's like we're molded into one, his smile was all mischief before he kissed me and I kissed him back, our movements were in sync, speaking of the undeniable chemistry between his skin and mine.

I could feel his hand on my neck, on my back and body and again I am high on him and on his addictive taste. I ran my fingers through his soft hair and I felt his lips on my neck, soft, hot and wet, kissing, sucking and driving me insane.

The sound parting my lips was uncontrollable and I felt like a teenager, making out with my boyfriend in secret, wanting this moment of ours to never end, wanting to feel him, every single part of him. The hot burning sensation spread like wildfire all over my chest and I squeezed my legs closer, trying blunt that aching need he triggers in me but I failed.

His fingers played with the waist of my shorts, tracing circles and gently rubbing my skin. I kissed him and without any shame, rubbed myself against him, all desperate. He groaned, grabbed me tight and flipped me over the couch. My back hit the cushion as he took control and the upper hand over me.

I gasped at the movement and he swallowed it in his hunting kiss, my heart beat so loud it seemed to be the only thing I can hear. He noticed how needy I am for him and I felt him smile against my lips. I pulled him closer from the collar of his shirt and his lips latched on to my skin, his tongue tracing slow, lazy circle on my neck and I pressed the back of my head further into the cushion, the small gesture eluding all of my control.

He kissed his way back to my mouth, even hungrier than before and I fumbled with his shirt, trying to unbutton it in my distorted haze but his fingers wrapped around my wrist, gently pausing my moment as he broke the contact of our lips.

I wanted to groan in frustration, and when he edged his head backward a fraction, I stared into the devil in his eyes, the mischievous one who I am sure needs me just as much, I mean for god's sake, I could feel it, like physically feel him, hard and all, but Mr. grumpy never lets it get so far.

"Nikolas," I started, not holding back as my eyebrow raised, pretty much frustrated at the moment, "Are you gonna have sex with me or not?"

My straightforwardness threatened a smile to break over his lips, his eyes glinting in amusement and as I stared up at him, I am proven again of how every feature on his face is a damn perfection, if only he would just give it up. Damn.

"Yeah, I can talk dirty and all," I added, playfully addressing my previous words and his chest vibrated with his low laugh before he kissed the corner of my mouth. He retreated back, pulling me up with him, "Natalie, we just started this," He pointed out to our newly founded relationship and to be honest, he is right, "So, let's just take it step by step."

My eyebrows pulled closer in confusion and I edged forward, pinching his arm. He gave me a weirded-out look and rubbed at where I pinched him, "What?" he asks.

I shrugged, "I am checking if you are real," I explained, "No man ever wants to take it-" I made quotation marks with my fingers, "Slow."

I smiled still, amused by this, because it felt like he doesn't want us to take that step unless I know all there is about him. It calmed me and if possible, made me want him even more.

"But you're right," I said, he was again more considerate than me. I mean I was more than ready to jump into his pants...

I licked my lips and nodded my head toward the bedroom, "It's been a long day, wanna head for bed?"

I got up to my feet and he followed, scratching the back of his neck as he said, "I need to take a shower first."

I couldn't hold my chuckle or the tease in my voice as I asked, "A cold one?"

He turned to me and shot me a glare, I only chuckled again before I tiptoed and kissed his cheek so sweetly, unable to hold myself back as I said, "You're so cute."

He shot me another glare, all grumpy again, "No, I am not."

"Yes, you are."

"I am not," He shot out again.

My smile wavered for a second, he is my cute grumpy bear that I wanna hide far away before this world ruins him for me.

****************

Roman's POV

Since we landed back in London, Emma barely even spoke a single word. She spent the flight back here sleeping, and once we reached the estate, she took her suitcase into the closet and rampaged through some things, busying herself with the smallest of tasks.

I walked to her side, "I have a few things to do," I announced, I had to go and deal with that fucker we caught, "Do you need anything?"

Without looking at my side, she shook her head, her hands busy arranging somethings inside the drawers. I gave her one last look, contemplating on whether I should leave her alone for even a couple of minuets or not.

Sensing my presence could do her no good, I turned around but her hand over my arm stopped me, and when I faced her again, she spoke, her tone blank, "Don't forget to start working on the divorce papers," She said, not flinching the slightest, "Make it quick," She added before she returned to her task.

My jaw clenched as I left the room, I thought she said that at a moment of weakness, but she seems more determined than ever.

I tried to shake the thought away, not having the enough power to deal with it now, but I failed. The whole marriage slash divorce topic has been raging a war in my head, the logic in me clashing with everything else as I tried to make the right choice. If you asked me a couple of months ago, I would've picked the divorce in a second, but now, I can't get myself to do it.

An idea clicked into my head and ignoring what I was previously going to do, I made the call, arranging everything before I headed back to our room. Emma was no longer in the closet, instead, I heard the shower's water running.

Deciding to wait for her, I sat down before my eyes fell on a bag placed by the bed's edge, a one that wasn't there before.

I inched closer, opening it to check its content. My chest tightened a bit as I pulled a sock from the pile, the tiny baby sock Emma was obsessing over just less than a week ago. Inside the bag were all of them, in addition to the other few things she picked when we left for the US a couple of days ago.

The light knock on the door snapped me back in and I lowly mumbled, "Come in," I said and one of the maids stepped inside, she bowed her head in respect, "Hello, sir," She said before her eyes fell on the bag beside me.

She stepped closer, her hand going for it and I stopped her, "What are you doing?" I shot out.

She backed away immediately, "Uh, Mrs. Viarchi asked us to throw it away," Her words had that rock over my chest expand further, it made my heart rattle harder because every time I think I have Emma all figured out, she proves me wrong.

"Leave it," I ordered and she seemed hesitant at first before she nodded and backed away.

Before she could close the door behind her, the head of the maids, Viviana, walked inside the room, holding a tray full of food in her hands. She stepped closer and placed it over the nightstand. My eyebrows pulled closer, knowing for sure Emma isn't the one who requested food, she's barely eating anything since what happened.

Viviana read the confusion in my eyes and she gave me a nod, "We heard about what happened," There was compassion in her tone as she spoke, she was a really old woman, been in this house before I was born even, sometimes I wonder why she is still here after all these years, "I hope Mrs. Viarchi is okay."

I nodded, "She will be," I said, my gaze drifting from the tray of food to her, "Thank you."

She gave me a respectful nod before she turned around and exited the room. I took the bag of baby things and pushed it under the bed.

Not so long after, Emma left the bathroom, a towel in her hand as she dried her hair. Her eyes fell on me, and her eyebrows pulled closer, not expecting me to be back so fast before her gaze flickered to the bed's edge where the bag was.

I got up to my feet and to her side, "Wear something comfortable," I said, "We are going somewhere."

Lines etched her forehead, "Going where?"

"For a walk," I simply answered and she shook her head, "I am not in the mood."

I took the towel from her hands and helped her dry her hair like a little girl, "I wasn't asking for your opinion, Emma," My words had her gaze hardening, ready to reach for her knife and threaten to shut me up, but she was too tired to do so.

She stared at me, utterly confused as I dried her hair, but she shook her head still, "I am tired, I just wanna sleep."

My eyebrow raised as I placed the towel away, "You slept all the way back here, it's enough I guess," I said and she was about to refuse but I stopped her, "Don't you want a divorce, Emma?" I asked, blackmailing her into this.

Her throat bobbed before she nodded, very determined, "Okay, then come with me, and you will get that today before tomorrow."

Air pushed out of her chest, not satisfied, but also curious as to where I am taking her so she grumbled a low, "Okay."

****************

Emma's POV

He is testing my patience.

The motherfucking bitch is testing my patience. He've got some balls on him lately.

I would love to cut them with my knives but I don't want that to be our parting gift.

He parked the car and I tried to look out and understand where we are but it was mostly dark, not giving me anything. What is he trying to do? He knows I can easily kill him and bury him here, right?

He opened my door and gave me his hand to take but I shot him a glare, he hasn't been a gentleman toward me since we got married, so no need to do it now. I got out all on my own, still assessing my surroundings when his hand came over my lower back, gently urging me forward.

I had enough with this so I pulled out my knife, snatching his hand away from me, I pressed the tip to his throat, glaring at him, "What are you trying to do?" I asked, questioning his motives.

His eyebrows pulled closer, "How about we go inside first," He nodded his head forward, "And if you want to kill me then, you can."

My jaw clenched tighter and I pulled my knife away, we stepped forward and that's when my vision cleared and I could finally understand where we are. We walked through the big gates, and suddenly, the lights snapped on, lightening every game inside the amusement park.

In astonishment, I turned all around, taking everything in. Multicolored neon lights turning and spinning at the mid of the night were irresistible, the colors dazzling and captivating. There was one one else around, apart from me and him. The place wasn't foreign, I've been here, once before... also with him.

My lost gaze fell on Roman, a rock lodged in my throat as I asked, less aggressive than before, "Why are we here?"

His warm gaze left me and traveled around, "I don't know if it was also a lie back then but I remember you liking this place a lot," He commented, a small smile lifting his lips at the memory before his eyes fell back on me.

He placed his hand in mine, "Come with me," He said, pulling me along, walking through each one of the games.

In a haze, I stared at them all, recalling back that day, how there was no one else but us as well, how we spent the whole night here, how he let me play everyone one of them because I never had been to a park before.

He paused to a stop and I turned my head, staring at the Ferris wheel that laid ahead of us, "When we snuck out and I took you here, all those years ago," He said, "I still remember how you laughed and smiled, you were like a little girl on her first ride."

"It was my first ride," The words tumbled out without my permission.

His lips lifted in a smile, so soft, so contradictive to the man I've been sharing a bed with all over the past months, his eyes on me as he confessed, "It was when I first realized I was in love with you."

Air pushed in and out of my chest, heavy and tight, and when he looked back at the wheel, I found myself saying, "Let's get on it now."

Confusion at my sudden request pulled his eyebrows closer, so I explained, "Back then, I was caught up in the mission that I didn't allow myself to feel anything."

But now, now, I wanted to feel it all. I desperately want to feel something, anything. I want to feel what he felt. I want to be just...just a simple girl getting on her first Ferris wheel ride with her husband.

For this moment only, I don't want to be the Emma they made, the weapon Isaac created, the one who lied, manipulated, and killed without any remorse. For this brief passing couple of minutes, I want simple, I want...normal.

Roman walked forward, he talked with the guy who is operating the wheel, the only other presence in the park. When he came back, he grasped my hand in his warm one and gently pulled me closer to the entrance.

He moved the metal rod, allowing me to get inside first before he joined me, clicking the metal rod safely back in its lock, he settled right beside me, my side all plastered to his.

Anxiousness scratched over my throat as the capsule started to move, slowly taking us up. My fingers curled over the metallic rod, clinging into it so tightly, my knuckles turning white.

Roman's hand engulfed mine, he took it off the rod and into his lap, holding it tight as his other arm went around my shoulder, pulling me to his side and securing my position. I felt his lips beside my ear, whispering, "Relax."

And I did, I breathed, in and out. I forced myself to calm down, Isaac can't get me here. He won't show up out of nowhere and ruin this moment. I shook the thought of him away and leaned into Roman's embrace, my head over his shoulder as I watched the city get clearer each second we ascended higher.

"It so pretty," I mumbled, astonished by the scenery laying below us, "I've lived in Italy and in the US, but this city will always be my favorite," I added breathlessly, enjoying the view I had over river Clyde and central Glasgow.

I felt Roman's head resting over mine, "Me too," He said, "It feels like home, doesn't it?"

I nodded, "It does."

The capsule paused its movement when we reached the top, giving us the best view ever. The stress straining my nerves all over the past days flooded away, it disappeared with every exhale and inhale, leaving my body and allowing me to enjoy this moment.

I slowly pulled my head away, turning it around to look at him, "I remember you told me that your father used to bring you here a lot."

A small smile pulled at his lips and he nodded, "When I was young, he'd bring me up here and show me all around, explaining everything about the city, history and all," His gaze drifted ahead, recalling the distant memory and his eyebrows tightened the slightest, "Even though he hated being here because of our life, but he really loved this city too."

He gently rubbed his hand over the length of my arm, lost in his memories as he added, "He told me that he wished one day to bring my mother here," His eyes fell back on me, helpless and a bit lost, just like me, "But he couldn't."

"A bit tragic, huh," I tried to turn it playfully but I still couldn't.

Roman sighed, "Yeah."

I stared at him, "Roman," I said and he gave me his attention again, "Yeah?"

"Tell me a story," I mumbled, "But with a happy ending."

His eyes gazed at mine for a full second, understanding me, maybe more than I understood myself, "I don't think I have any of those," He whispered, "Every story I know ended badly."

He brought his hand to my face, brushing my hair away, and tucking it behind my ear, "But some stories aren't finished yet," He added, a hope in his voice, "Maybe their end is better than we expect."

I shook my head, "I don't think so," I said, "Tragedy follows the likes of us everywhere we go."

He analyzed my words, reading in between the lines and he broke the silence with something I didn't expect from him, "I don't want a divorce, Emma."

I gulped down, a bit take aback, "You hate this marriage more than anything," I pointed out, "You said that, more than once."

He nodded, "I know, but the thought of it ending, it...scares me," He was being open with me today, genuine and warm, like the old him I once met years ago, "Because I also hate this life we live," His jaw tightened, "It had hurt so many people, including us," He shook his head, "But it is my life still, and it's the only thing we were taught to do, which is how to live it, how to fight in it, how to survive it each day," He explained, "And yeah, I have Cara and my mother but they...they don't understand this, they don't get our will to do this the way we do," He added, "In this chaotic life, I feel like I only have you, Emma, that only you would get it," His honesty left me speechless, "And despite all of our differences, it felt calming that at the end of the day, no matter how tiring it was, when I go to my room, there is you in it."

He spoke out loud the things I couldn't put into words, because I felt the same.

I shook my head, "But Roman, I can't do this," I said, "I don't know if you've noticed, but I don't really deal well with loss," I scoffed at the last part because it's beyond obvious how I suck at this part of life, "And I have a feeling, that just like he took...our baby, he will take you from me and I...I don't think I will know how to...deal with that," I just tried to put what I was feeling into words, I don't even know if they made any sense.

He cupped my cheek and shook his head, "He won't-"

I nodded, interrupting him, "Yes, he will, it's what he does, he took everything from me, he took my childhood, he took my mother, he took my innocence, he took my femininity, he took our baby, he took everything from me!" My voice got louder with each word I said, angry and hurt, the hurt burned at my eyes but I wasn't going to allow myself to cry, I can't give him that power over me.

Roman shook his head, "He won't take anymore from you, Emma, I won't let him," He stressed out, believing in his words and I shook my head, "He won't," Roman added, "You know why I am sure, because I know you, I know how strong you are, Emma, and together, we won't let him take anything else from anyone, but for that, we need to be on each other's side," He reasoned with me, "You can't let him win, Emma, so please, believe in me and in yourself, believe that we can get rid of him, because we have to, one way or another."

I swallowed hard, "Then...promise me you won't die unless I am the one killing you?"

He cracked a smile and nodded, "I promise."

"Promise me you won't be a bitch all the time," I added and he chuckled, shaking his head, "I can't promise that, how else I am gonna end up with all these scars over my neck," He added with an arched eyebrows as he pointed at them.

A small smile broke down my face, "Promise you won't complain about my knives," I was taking advantage of the moment.

"Of course I won't," He joked around, the stupid motherfucker, "You know I like it kinky too."

I chuckled and punched his arm, my gaze on his face, on his smile, and that smile...it made me feel...something.

"Why do you want me?" I asked, because seriously...why?

"I guess I am just as crazy as you," He answered and I nodded, "You are."

His hand that's over my cheek, it lowered to my neck, grabbing at the back of it and pulling my face closer so his lips could meet mine, and they did. The sensation of his lips exploded like fireworks all over my chest as he kissed me, differently than before.

This felt like it's...our first kiss. This is our first ride here. We didn't ride the Ferris wheel before, no, we didn't have our first kiss here before all those years ago.

No, this is it for me.

Our first kiss, my first ride and the first time this stupid man made me feel something.

*****************

Next day...

Nikolas's POV

All eyes were on me as I stepped into Joseph's penthouse, all of his men on guard, hands already on their guns, ready for an attack, and for some reason threatened by my presence.

"Nikolas," And here he comes, "I was waiting for you to show up," He added, his mouth forming a welcoming smile, testing the waters.

I nodded, forcing myself to keep the act going on, turning him against Isaac could work well on my part, and that's what I am here to do, "I was rather occupied," I said, "You know, after what happened and all," I added, addressing the whole me and Isaac situation.

Joseph nodded and urged me to sit down, he took a seat on the couch across from me, leaning back comfortably, "Well, to be honest, I was shocked with the way you acted with your father, what could possibly get you that much aggressive against him?"

He wanted answers and I am here to give him...answers.

I looked around at his men and Joseph understood my message, he waved his hand, asking them to leave and keeping us alone. I focused my attention back on him, "Isaac and I never had a good relation going on, I am pretty sure you've heard about that before."

He nodded, rubbing a hand over his jaw, "Yeah, but I thought everything was fixed between you two lately," He said, "Considering you were running his errands and all."

He addressed the period of time after Isaac saved my life. My jaw tightened and I shook my head, "Not exactly," I said, a small sneer forming over my mouth, "You see, my father's only goal in this life is to ruin mine," I backed into my seat, "Which is why he forced this whole marriage on me, he thought it's a good way to bring me down," Jospeh's eyebrows pulled closer, listening carefully to every word I said, "But that's the thing, he didn't know that I'd end up liking your daughter back."

A bit of hope flashed in his eyes and I kept myself in control, leaning forward and addressing the matter seriously, "Mia and I were able to get to know each other better over the past weeks, and," I smiled, "You have quite the daughter, Jospeh, she knows her place in the family, and in short, she is the perfect wife for me."

Jospeh smile widened, proud, "I raised her well, didn't I?"

The fucker. I resisted the urge to punch his smug face, my fingers curled into the inside of my palm, remembering the burn marks over the girl's skin. My fist tightened and I shook the thought away, not allowing myself to be compassionate now. I can't let it ruin my plan.

"You sure did," I forced myself to say without gritting my teeth, "But that's the thing, when Isaac noticed my feelings, he threatened me with her," I added, pulling on the wounded lover expression, "Which is why I lost it at him at the restaurant, I couldn't hold myself back."

Worry clouded his expression and he edged forward, taken aback, "Isaac wouldn't do that," He sounded uncertain himself.

"Are you sure?" I asked, "Jospeh, he doesn't want you to take a place in our family-"

"That can't be true-"

"Really?" I interrupted him, hitting him on his sensitive nerve, "Who do you think helped Maria escape?"

Joseph's eyes widened, "How do you know about that?"

I gave him a knowing look, "Isaac told me, how else would I know," I said, building up my trap, "He helped her escape, he gave her the resources to hide away from you, and up till this day, he still holds a grudge against you, considering you killed her and all."

Shock and confusion clouded Joseph's expression, making him vulnerable to the twisted truth I tried to manipulate him with, "He wanted to use Mia against you, to do what you did, but when he realized I was coming in his way now, he threatened to hurt her and kill her," My jaw clenched, my anger working well for my lie, "He even barged into my house last night, ready to take her away, so tell me now, are you on my and your daughter's side or on his?"

He looked like a lost puppy, all scared, confused and uncertain, "I want to marry your daughter, and you do realize how the Viarchi name gives you power in the family, I can give you that power, but that all won't happen if Isaac went and killed Mia, so we need to stop him."

Anger clouded his gaze, it clenched his jaw and he nodded, "I won't let him do that."

I nodded, "We won't," I stressed out and he nodded, taking my side in this, "I always had a feeling he had something to do with Maria's escape," He shook his head, bewildered, "He will pay for it!"

I nodded, tracing my lip with my finger, trying to hide my smile. Like the fool he is, he fell for it.

Step one, done.

*****************

The moment I stepped into my place, I heard noises coming from the living room, it was more like Alex's voice and probably Ronald. I rolled my eyes at how my house became a gathering point for just everyone.

I walked inside, my eyes on my phone, sending Emma a message to check up on her. Their voice became clearer as I reached the living room, "I need to tell you something," I heard Ronald say, but his next words had me pausing in my steps, right by the door, "But you can't tell Nikolas."

"What?" Alex said in shock, "No, no, no, don't tell me then, I can't hide anything from that bitch."

There was a short pause, "And why you don't want Nikolas to know anyway?" Alex said and I listened carefully, my fist clenching, ready to plan it on Ronald's face very soon. He dare talks to me about trust.

"Because I am scared of what he would do."

"What do you mean?" Alex added, just as confused as me.

"I know something about Isaac, something that might be helpful," That was enough to snap the logic strain in my brain, "But I can't let anyone, especially Nikolas use it as a way to get what he wants."

I wasn't going to stand and hear more of it, I marched into the room, "Well, too bad for you then," I grated out. Reaching his side, I fisted his shirt in my grip, pulling him up as my fist collided with his jaw, too fast for him to react and he stumbled backward.

"What are you hiding?" I shot out, losing my patience.

Ronald rubbed at his mouth, where blood gathered and he shook his head, "You can punch me all you want," He said, his tone sarcastic, "I am not gonna tell you."

A growl rumbled from my chest as I marched forward again, this time he was prepared to defend himself, dodging away from my aimed punch but once he tried to hit me back, my hand caught his fist, my grip so tight, twisting his wrist and pulling it down, "You had the fucking nerve to stand and talk to me about trust," I snapped before I let his hand go, I grasped into the collar of his shirt, pushing him backward till his back slammed against the wall, "What do you know?" I bellowed, my voice rumbling off the four walls.

Ronald groaned, he placed his hand over my wrists and pushed them away from him, gathering all his strength to attack back but Alex came in between us, stopping him, "Hey, hey!" He shot out, looking between us, his blame mostly directed at me, "What the hell is the matter with you?!"

My jaw ticked, "I can tolerate everything but not this," I grated out, ready to push Alex and smash Ronald's face against the concrete, Natalie's brother or not, she is angry at him anyway, she'll thank me, "Going behind me and lying; so spit it out, what do you know?"

Ronald looked at Alex, "I would never tell him," He grated out, "Look how he snaps when the thing is related to Isaac, he is unhinged still and when shit hits the fan, he would hurt him!"

"Hurt who?" I asked, my anger getting replaced with the confusion his word brought, "Hurt who?!" I snapped again when I got no answer.

Alex placed his hand over my chest and nudged me backward, glaring at me before he turned to Ronald, "Hurt who Ronald?" He asked, much calmer than me, but that fucker shook his head, "Look, don't you trust me?" Alex added, urging him.

Ronald nodded, "But I don't trust him," He added, pointing at me.

"He won't do anything," Alex said on my behalf, "I promise, you have my word, just tell us what it is, I won't let him do anything," Alex added and I rolled my eyes at his let him phrase, "Seriously?" I hissed at him.

He turned to me and shot me a glare, "Shut up, will you?"

Unbelievable.

He focused his attention on Ronald, "See how easily I can shut him up," He said and I rolled my eyes, he is so lucky I promised myself not to lose it at him ever, "So, tell me, what do you know?"

Ronald seemed hesitant at first, but he must really trust Alex because he looked at me, "Just remember, if you do anything to him, if you just dare to touch a strand on his hair, I will seriously go and help Isaac kill you," He said and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at his pointless threat, "When I followed Isaac that one time you asked me to, I found a house, far away from everywhere and heavily guarded," He carried out, "I got in and I found someone inside, a boy, a young boy Isaac is keeping away from everyone."

"Don't tell me I have another cousin, I would literally kill myself!" Alex said, being dramatic as usual.

But then, the dots connected, Natalie's story from the day before, Ronald's overprotectiveness and his insistence to hide this from me, it all clicked and I found myself saying, "It's your brother, isn't it?"

Ronald's eyebrows pulled closer in utter shock at my quick realization and I just felt completely lost as I lowly mumbled the name Natalie mentioned, "Nathan," I said, looking at Ronald with furrowed eyebrows, "He survived."

And the fucked up part of it all, Isaac has him.

************************************

Hey! I am back!

Sorry for being late again but i kind of given you a long chapter, so tell me, what do you think?

Nik and Natalie's relationship? Mia and her bodyguard xD? Roman and Emma being lovey dovey for once? And finally, Nik knowing about Nathan?

Any expectations for later? XD

I will try to make next update faster!
Love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

746K 22.6K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
2.3M 61.1K 44
Morelli Mafia Series BOOK 2 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. COMPLETED - Paperbacks available on Amazon. O...
1.7M 11.9K 6
*Heighest ranking 26th in Love, 1st in General Fiction, and 1st in Tragedy, as well as no#1 in mystery* When you're the most feared and powerful Ital...
4.4K 241 12
"Passion's a word which involves so many feelings. I feel it when we touch; I feel it when we kiss; I feel it when I look at you. For you are my pass...