Crime at the Crack of Dawn

By e_tzitzi

Eda Yildiz and Serkan Bolat are two police agents from different stations, aiming for the same case of a seri... More

The Broadcast
The Line
Ayada
Ayada Aftermath
In Danger
Lucky Him
hey strangers!

White lights

2.8K 143 28
By e_tzitzi

Disclaimer: Use of explicit language and adult content for the entirety of the story🔞 Also English isn's my native language so excuse any mistakes and misconstructions. Last but not least, humor and sarcasm might be used a lot but the subject of the story might be triggering for some. So a trigger warning on details about murder is needed.

Enjoy.

Eda woke up by the smell of coffee and fresh bread. She reached to the other side of the bed to find the spot empty. She looked at the clock which said 10:37 and she remembered that the captain told her to stay home and rest. She looked around the room and Serkan's clothes weren't there. She heard noises coming from the kitchen so she figured that he is still there. She got up and wore a robe. Reaching the kitchen she found Serkan sitting on the kitchen table. He had his back turned to her and he looked like he was reading something.

"Good morning" Eda said awkwardly. The truth is, she didn't know how to act.

Serkan turned to face her and gave her the biggest smile.

"Good morning. Come, sit. I took the initiative and visited Melo's coffee store. I brought coffee and breakfast. I hope you are okay with that. Also, she was really worried, I explained everything to calm her down".

Serkan had prepared everything on the table. There was coffee for both of them, cupcakes, fresh bread, marmalade and butter.

"Thank you. This is very thoughtful. I never got the chance to thank you last night. You basically saved me", Eda responded and took her place at the table, sitting across him.

"I told you I got your back no matter what. You don't have to thank me", he replied.

Eda noticed some files in front of him.

"What's this?" she asked.

"Oh it's nothing, don't worry about it. You should rest today", Serkan said and started picking up the files, trying to put them away.

"Serkan, I'm fine. Nothing happened. You don't have to treat me like I'm sick. Tell me."

Serkan was skeptical for a moment but he brought back the files on the table.

"I was reading the case again. Trying to find a connection with the victims but there is not much. Other than the way of killing, nothing matches. Different backgrounds, different education" Serkan said.

"Yeah I noticed the same too. They are the same age, they were drugged and killed the same way but nothing more than that. Not even the appearances, two blondes, one redhead. It seems like they are random picks" Eda added.

They were trying to connect dots for some time, maybe they have the same origins or they were relatives of some kind, but nothing.

"But we know neither of them died at the place that their bodies were found right? I think we need to focus on finding where they were killed or where they were drugged" Eda thought.

"Yes, you are right. This could provide us any kind of DNA sample. I'm gonna go talk to captain Celal" Serkan said and made a move to stand up.

"Okay, tell him I'll be at work later."

"Eda, he said you should rest."

"Serkan I'm fine. I want to work, it will help".

"Alright, I'm going and we'll be waiting for you in the afternoon then."

"Yes. See you soon?" Eda said and pouted her mouth playfully for him to kiss her.

"Yes, girl, yes" Serkan said, smiled and leaned in to give her a warm peck, before he closes the door behind him to head to the station.

...

The station was extra crowded when Serkan arrived. He saw Ferit at his office and headed his way.

"What's going on Ferit?"

"They've brought people from the club to testify sir. The Yildirim brothers say they have nothing to do with the murders."

"And we believe them?"

"They've admitted that they are involved to drug dealing but not the murders. Captain is with Melih right now, he was the one who got caught with officer Yildiz last night."

"Okay Ferit. I should go talk to the-"

"Lovebird?"

Serkan heard a familiar voice and he turned around to face Eve.

"Eve! Hey! What are you doing here?" Serkan asked all shook up.

"They called me in to testify, I've been here for hours and I just finished. How is Melek? I heard Melih got to her, is she okay?"

"Yes, yes she is okay, resting".

"Is that why you're here?"

"Sorry what..?" Serkan got confused for a second.

"You came to testify for her or something?"

Serkan was so stressed their cover would be revealed that he immediately took the information Eve gave him and used it.

"Ohhh yeah... They called me in too, since I've been to the club before and, you know, after what happened to Melek, I had to come."

Ferit who was present at the conversation, interfered.

"Sir, we are gonna have to take your testimony now, can you follow me please?"

"Yes of course officer. Eve, it was nice seeing you."

"You too... What's your name again?"

"Omer."

"I'll might have to stick to lovebird! Haha"

Serkan laughed and saw Eve exiting the station, relieved that everything went well and their identities are safe.

"Thank you Ferit, you saved me right there"

"You're welcome sir."

...

"We literally have nothing Bolat. The brothers are not saying anything about the murders. The only good thing is that we can pin them to dozens of drug dealing cases and they are staying in anyways"

"Anything from the staff that came to testify?"

"No, absolutely nothing. Everyone knew about the drugs but nothing about the murders."

"Maybe it's not them then. Ughhh I wish I could interrogate them damn it!"

"No, you have to keep your cover for now, you might need to go back to that club at some point. How is Eda? Have you talked with her?"

"Hmmm yes I texted her, she is okay, resting. She said she might come by later to distract herself"

"I gave her the day off but whatever makes her feel better. So about that thing you told me, about the place where the killer uses, it has to be a place with a common bed or an operating table. The victims have marks which imply that they were tethered"

"So we might be looking for basements, warehouses or close spaces in general. Maybe he is a doctor of some kind, we should ask the Yildirims if they...provide supplies for the medical field"

"Yes, you are right. Even though I doubt we are dealing with a doctor. The stab in the heart is not precise in any way, it looks random"

"Okay then I'm gonna take this info home and maybe talk with Eda about all this, maybe she has an idea"

"Do that. I'll continue the interrogation with Caner Yildirim."

Serkan took a bunch of papers with him and headed outside the precinct while calling Eda.

"Hey you!"

"Hey! How are you feeling?"

"I'm good, I'm just getting into my car, coming to the station."

"There's no need, I'm leaving now. Listen, why don't we meet for dinner? Truck food by the esplanade?" Serkan got into his car and put the phone on speaker.

"Yeah sure! I'm hungry anyways."

"Great. I'm sending you the address now"

"How were the things at the station?"

"Pfff honestly Eda, it's a mess but I thing we need to talk about other things first tonight, for example, last night..."

"Yes... I think we need to talk about that"

"I want you to know, I've never- SHIT!"

A pair of white lights, a loud thud, the phone call cut out.

Eda sitting in her car, still holding the phone in her hand in a complete shock when suddenly she hears the police radio.

"This is police officer Ilter. We have a 10-999. I repeat we have a 10-999."

10-999.

Officer down.

...

Eda didn't even lock the car, she simply barged into the hospital's main hall, heading for the information table.

"Serkan Bolat! Police officer! They just brought him in, where is he?" she asked the lady in pure panic, showing her her police badge.

"He is in the ER. Go left, down the hall, you will find your captain."

"Thank you!"

She headed to the direction the lady told her and saw Celal and Ferit there, waiting outside the ER.

"What happened? How is he? Is he alive?"

"Shhh Eda, calm down. Yes he is alive, he is having surgery. He has some broken ribs and a broken arm. He had consciousness when they brought him in but he passed out a little before going in the ER", Celal explained.

"What happened?"

"It was a hit and run. Witnesses said that car came out of nowhere, hit him and left. We barely have the color of the car but the whole precinct is looking at the surveillance footage. We will find them" Ferit said.

"You bet."

...

"It's been two hours already, what's taking them so long?"

"We have to be patient, Eda. He will be fine", Ferit reassured her.

The ER door opened and a doctor came out.

"Are you here for Serkan Bolat?"

"Yes doctor, how is he?" Eda asked impatiently.

"He has some broken ribs, a broken arm. During surgery we found some internal bleeding that we stopped. He is not awake yet, we need to wait 48 hours before we can say for sure that he is okay."

"Can we see him?"

"We will move him in a few to a room and then you'll be able to see him."

"Thank you doctor"

"I'm heading back to the station. Are you good?" captain asked.

"Yes sir, I'll stay and keep you posted", Eda replied.

"Ferit will be outside for anything you might need".

Ferit nodded and Eda smiled to him.

...

Eda opened the door haltingly and entered Serkan's room. He saw him laying on that hospital bed and her heart shuttered to million pieces. He was wearing a cast on his right hand, he had bruises all over his face and he was wearing the oxygen mask.

She approached the bed and sat on the chair right next to him. She took his left hand and held it in between her both hands.

"Melo called. She said you promised to take me there tomorrow for coffee and breakfast. She didn't know what happened. I told her we are still going, but not tomorrow. Maybe in two day, when you'll be out of danger. We still have that talk to do you know?"

She felt the warmth of her tears coming down her face.

"I'm gonna find who did this to you Serkan. And I'm gonna drag them to hell."

"Poor..them..."

"Serkan!!!"

She could barely hear his whisper, but Serkan was awake.

"Sorry...I stood you up ..."

"You'll have to make up for this. Truck food date is still on you know."

"Oh...so we...are dating...?"

"Rest. We'll talk about this when you feel better. I'm here" she said and stood up, leaned and kissed his forehead.

"You're always here..."

"Always."

Serkan fell back asleep and Eda took out her phone to text her assistant.

"Omer. Serkan was awake, inform the captain that he seems okay. And now find me that car."

Thank you for reading, i hope you liked the chapter. Your feedback is important❤

I'm sorry it took forever to update. I'll try my best to be more on time🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 6.3K 31
I truly believe that soulmates always find their way back to each other even after they get lost in life's non-ending cycle. The yearning to be close...
107K 7.7K 79
The collection of short stories and one-shots about Eda and Serkan. Whatever will come to my crazy mind at night. * Enjoy! * * * WARNING. MATURE SCEN...
Partners By lisa_dec

Mystery / Thriller

26.2K 1.8K 24
Detective Serkan Bolat is trying to save his marriage, Eda Bolat is trying to save her husband by divorcing him. What they think are two worlds colli...
63.3K 2.5K 31
His crazy Peri Kizi, who came to him from the fairyland of sex, flowers, and chocolate, to illuminate his life with all the madness she held. She was...