A Court of Lies and Secrets |...

By Faerietale_castle

An lgbt twist on the ACOTAR series. [GxG] Two females, both grown up in separate but equally hateful worlds... More

Home
The Journey
Night Court
The Tour
Secrets
Confession
Heart-to-Heart
The Letter
Lies
The Truth is Out
Peregryn
Humans and Fae
Stupid Fucking Mating Bond
Velaris
Distraction
Montesere
Montesere Part 2
The Journal
'Til Death Parts Us
Inanimate Emotions
Human Protectors
Ginerva
Illusion
Trap
Childish Games
Hopeless
Iagan
Blood
Daemati
Cauldron's Child
Hybern
Dream
Home
Sleeping Beauty
Broken
Belowdeck
Auzedra Dragon
The True King and Queen
The Rest of Our Lives

The End?

47 3 4
By Faerietale_castle

This is the final chapter everybody. I just want to thank anyone who got this far☺️

~Alirra~

Renae and I are immediately met with whistles and howls from Cassian as we enter the sitting room. The others soon join in. I perch myself on the arm of the chair Ren chooses– the rest of the seats already filled. I turn to my usual spot– which is occupied my Mireille.

"So...?" Cassian wiggles his eyebrows expectantly– no need to even ask the question.

"Not that it's any of your business, but yes, I've decided to accept the mating bond." I give him a glare that stops him from making any further remarks. The last thing I want is to make a bigger deal about this.

"Me too." Ren looks up at me and smiles– the stars dancing amongst the void and I can't help but think what it'd be like to dance with them. To know exactly what makes them so happy– what makes her so happy.

"So you weren't mates before?" Mireille questions. I almost forgot how young she is. No doubt her terrible parents never thought to teach her about this stuff.

"Yes. But we have a choice. We don't have to be together." I explain as best and simple as I can. The thought alone sends shivers down my spine, choosing not to accept the bond. Saying no to fate. Not having Renae. I know I've made the right decision, I may question it at times whether it's the bond that made me say yes with its consuming and controlling emotions, but I can't imagine not spending the rest of eternity with her.

"Did you always know you liked females?" She continues the interrogation.

"Yes." Renae doesn't hesitate. I look away from everyone briefly.

"No, but I'm thankful the Cauldron brought us together." I finally meet my mate's eyes and give her smile- ignoring the stares around us.

"What if I don't want a mate?" Mireille is the one to avoid everybody's eyes this time.

"I didn't want a mate either. It just happens unexpectedly for some people." I shrug. I don't like being the only one questioned, as if I'm supposed to know this stuff.

"No, I mean, what if I don't want to have that type of relationship with someone. What if I"m not attracted to anybody that way?" Her cheeks instantly glow red and my heart aches for her. I'm not sure I understand where she's getting at, but I wouldn't be this brave, coming out with this in front of strangers. I guess I'm happy she feels safe around us at least. That's a start.

"Mireille, you don't have to live your life with such responsibilities," I give Ren a playful nudge, "seriously, there isn't anything wrong with feeling that way, you don't need to have that type of relationship to be happy. There are many forms of a relationship and many attributes that come with each one, you just find whatever makes you feel happy."

Nobody says anything else but Mireille gives me a very grateful look with tears lining her eyes and Renae squeezes my hand as if that hit home for her too.

Not knowing my parents was probably good in the sense I never got to find out how they'd react to my female mate. Never got to experience the hate from family, as Renae has. I guess I'm rather grateful for that.

"How about we head to the streets of Velaris?" Renae looks up at me again, lowering her voice as if the others won't be able to hear.

"I have something to give you first." I pull her from the chair and give Cassian a glare to ensure there won't be any hollers and whistles after we leave.

I lead her through the many halls of the house and towards the door to my room. I'm just glad I haven't forgotten which turns to take after being away for a while.

I leap straight onto the bed and snake an arm around the side of my bedside.

"Here." I try to hold in a smile as she takes the journal in her hands, towering over me as she stands beside the bed I'm sat atop.

"Pretty sure I've already seen these... they look awfully familiar." She flips through the pages of the old sketches and I roll my eyes.

She finally gets to the final pages with drawings she's never seen. Some, surprisingly, don't consist of the slender female before me, but the many places we've visited together. Landscapes of the library, café and even Montesere which I expected her to hate.

"They're all beautiful." She goes to hand the book back to me after a while of tracing each line of every drawing. I snap my hands behind my back and shake me head.

"It's yours. I've finished it."

"Al-"

"I'm thinking of starting another. A second edition filled with more memories from here onwards. And then another after that and another after that and-"

"Ok, ok, I get it. It sounds perfect," she smiles and slowly presses her lips against mine, "thank you."

~~~

Renae found a perfect place to keep the book in her room, which she then declared to be 'our room' and I was to move all of my things across the hall. That was probably the most sane thing she said, until she rambled about finding our own place. Far too soon for that.

I managed to shut her up by agreeing and pulling her mouth against my own– the most effective method, I found.

We spent the rest of the day in Velaris. Visiting the book shop immediately for a new journal. A blank second edition to our story, which I cannot wait to fill.

We visit new places too. More landscapes and memories of Renae for the journal.

By the time the sun begins to set and I feel the all-too-familiar pull of sleep, we're back at the house and I'm buzzing with the anticipation of drawing every single idea I've had today. I decide to save those memories locked up safely for tomorrow as I climb into bed beside an already passed out Renae.

Her room is very similar to mine but a larger bed and bathing room with a larger tub and storage for clothes. Basically everything is bigger and better than my old room.

I sit and listen to the heavy breaths of my mate and my skin tingles at the thought of getting to listen to that sound every night for the rest of my life. Getting to sleep beside this endearing and beautiful female for as long as our love lasts– for eternity.

Thank you. I mutter to the Cauldron. To fate. To the surrounding shadows. To I-don't-care-who. I want everyone and everything to know how happy I am, how grateful I am to be blessed with someone so perfect.

I almost believe I've drifted off to sleep listening to Renae. Until I realise the stars that sparkle amongst the darkness and that this room shouldn't be this dark. The moonlight is no longer visible through the window at my side and I can't see or feel Renae.

These shadows are all too familiar. From the sight to the scent, I know who's powers these are.

"Missed me?" A voice amidst the darkness. I reach to pinch the flesh of my arm and feel a great shock of pain. Not a dream.

As expected, a figure forms through the shadows and I'm immediately met with the hand of Ginerva against my mouth. Silencing any noise. Her shadows entangle with my limbs and prevent me from moving– from reaching for my mate.

The shadows thicken around me and the flashes of stars are more blinding than beautiful. I can hear her muttering foreign words. Probably luring me into one of her mesmerising trances.

My throat begins to close and I almost believe she might be killing me. Found her way inside the house, inside Velaris, or even Prythian for that matter, just to end my life for ruining hers and her daughter's. A life for a life I imagine to be floating around her mind.

I can feel her shadows coursing through my veins, controlling every beat of my heart and every movement of every muscle, every nerve. Her hands griping at everything vital for keeping me alive. She could end it all right here. She could mutter a single order to her shadows and stop my heart from beating or my lungs from demanding breaths. I almost believe this is it until the shadows are pulled gracefully out of every pore– loosening it's grip on me from the inside.

I'm left confused when she leaves. Vanishes is more like it. The only evidence she were even here is the dizziness left behind by her captivating darkness.

It takes me a while to realise the dark marks lining my wrist and palm. Like the typical Night court marks that I've noticed on Rhysand and Feyre and some of the others. I never asked about their marks but they're more delicate than the thing upon my own flesh.

The harsh lines aren't at all delicate and look more like scars and scrapes. Two rings are intertwined with each other, surrounded by jagged edges and uneven lines.

I hope running my hand over it will make is vanish. I even splash water over it– but nothing.

I don't know what it is or what it signifies, but it's linked with Ginerva, so as far as I'm concerned, it can't be good.

And that's it! The final chapter...

Thank you all for reading this A Court of Thorns and Roses fanfic. Just a reminder that this was just for fun, and it certainly was.

As always: vote and comment and thanks again ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 1.1K 15
Mrs Mandray Book Two It had been two month of blissful peace for Isabella and son. Days spent having picnics by the river, exploring with her sister...
54.2K 1.6K 27
#1 in #acourtofmistandfury A book of twisted morals, wrongful loyalties, and hidden agendas. Lexa's only hope of surviving the impending wrath of t...
108K 3.1K 31
This takes place after ACOWAR (Characters belong to Sarah J Maas) Azriel x OC ----‐--------------------------------------------------- Prythian is in...
58.2K 1.3K 17
Azriel, the spymaster of the Night Court, one of the most powerful Illyrians to walk Prythian. He was damaged, he was broken, and he thought himself...