Nyx's Care (Percy Jackson Fan...

By TheAuroraLights

Nyx is interested in a certain demigod. Who is that demigod and what will she do? Will she act on a whim or w... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Two

40.3K 806 1K
By TheAuroraLights

Phew! I'm an updating master today! I'm trucking along you guys. Enjoy this next release my lovely readers!

Chapter Two: What Do The Gods Think?! Annabeth?! REYNA!!!!!!!!

Point of view: Third Person

"Where is that traitor?!" Annabeth screeches. 

"Shut up Annabeth! He isn't a traitor! I can't believe I listened to your lies!" Nico shouts at her with tears running freely down his face. 

"Oh my gods." Thalia sobs. 

"Please calm down Thalia. I know how much it hurts for you." Artemis pleads with her lieutenant and sits next to her at the foot of her own throne. The moon goddess glares at Annabeth. "You gave your virtue to a pig. Now the only decent make in the world is lost to us. He could be dead for all we know." 

"He's not decent. He's a treacherous bastard who cheated on me." Annabeth says. "Will is a much better person then Perseus Jackson ever was or could be. I hope he is dead." 

Aphrodite screams at Annabeth. "He didn't cheat liar! You are such a witch!" 

Athena sinks into her throne. "Annabeth, I gave him permission to propose to you, marry you. He went through so many trials to prove himself worthy of your love."

"That's not true. He was away with a mortal girl the entire five months." Annabeth argues. 

"No, I was with him while he completed many quests for me. He never wavered in his loyalty." Athena whispers and Annabeth looks dumbstruck. 

"What?" Annabeth breathes. 

"You ruined his life because Will was jealous of Percy!" Jason yells. 

"I-I didn't know." Annabeth stutters. 

"Why would you believe him?!" Reyna asks in disbelief. "Why wasn't our camp informed?!" 

The Romans all look guiltily at Reyna. "What's the matter with all of you?" Reyna looks at them. 

"We all knew. We just kept it from you. We knew you wouldn't believe us." Dakota admits. 

"I can't believe this!" Reyna shouts. She rips off her praetor badge and throws it on the floor.

She stomps on it so hard it shatters. People gasp and hold their breath. Reyna tears her cape off and rips it to shreds. And let's them fall to the floor. "You're all a disgrace! I'm going to look for my wonderful friend! Don't even bother joining me or looking with me. And if I find him, I'm never coming back and I'll make sure he stays away so he doesn't get hurt by your idiocy! I hate you all!" Reyna storms almost rips the throne room doors off by their hinges as she throws open the door with her wrathful force. 

Percy shadow travels after her while everyone is shocked speechless. He appears in front of her and she draws her sword. "Reyna? Is it true? Did you not know what happened to me at Camp Half-Blood?" He asks quietly. 

"Percy?!" Reyna whispers in shock and runs up to him to hug him. "In so glad you're alive." Reyna cries into his shoulder. 

"You have to be quiet now, my mother and I are hanging around the shadows. I will explain once we leave." Percy tells her. 

She looks confused but nods, trusting him completely. He tightens his hold on her and shadow travels back to where he was before. He holds Reyna while the three of them listen in to the meeting, just now getting started again. 

"We just lost our best praetor ever." Frank says, breaking through the shock. 

"We have no praetor. Who do we raise? None of us deserve it but Reyna and Percy." Hazel says while she cries with Nico at their father's throne. 

"Well he isn't dead. He's nowhere in my realm." Hades says while he watches his children sadly. 

"Send out a search party for my son." Poseidon tells Zeus. 

"Last I checked Will got him disowned. Are you reclaiming him?" Hera looks at her brother. 

Poseidon looks at the floor. "Yes." He whispers. 

Percy clutches his chest as he feels his connection to the sea return to him. But it's now a foreign feeling. He missed it before, but now he despises the Lord the sea follows. But the feeling yearns for forgiveness because it never wanted to leave him. Percy let's it flow through his veins again and becomes used to the sea. It is very happy now that it doesn't have to obey Poseidon to abandon Percy. It starts to hate him for what he did to a child who has done nothing wrong. Percy forgives the sea, but not its ruling deity. 

Poseidon looks confused and his throne starts glowing a cracked sea green. "Why does the sea fight me for control?" Poseidon murmurs. 

"What do you mean?" Zeus looks at his brother in worry. 

"The sea doesn't like me. It fights against me. It's screaming at me, but I cannot understand such an old language." Poseidon informs Zeus. 

"Oceanus?" Apollo asks. 

"No. It's just the sea." Poseidon shakes his head. 

Percy can understand the old language. Partly because of being the son of two Primordials who can use the language and partly because the sea wants him to know what it's saying. It isn't the best language for him to hear. Percy grins and Nyx is trying not to giggle outright. Reyna just stares at Nyx unbelieving.

"Who will go in search?" Zeus asks. 

"My Hunters and I will and no one else. We have done no wrong against him. Thalia was unaware of the happenings. We have had no contact from either camps nor have we visited them. No one told us of what was going on with the hero." Artemis announces. 

Percy smiles at the new information. He was kept out of the loop. He seriously missed and still misses Thalia. He never knew if she was along for the ride. He will inform her later.

"He may be male, but if Zoë liked him then I'll give him a chance. If Lady Artemis says he's a good man, then I'd like to see it with my own eyes." Phoebe speaks up and they all leave to start the search. 

"Council dismissed. Everybody do what you can to find our lost hero." Zeus says and flashes out without any dramatic exits. 

All the gods flash out and Percy shadow travels Reyna back to the Mansion of Night with Nyx following. Reyna hugs Percy and doesn't let go until Erebus clears his throat after about ten minutes. 

"Who might your little friend be son?" Erebus asks kindly. 

"One of the only ones who hasn't betrayed my loyalty." Percy answers him happily. 

"Um, Percy." Reyna tugs on his sleeve and scoots closer to him. Even she is frightened by five Primordials and all of Nyx's children. 

"That is no longer my name. I am Oath, it's nice to meet you in this life Reyna." Percy pulls down his hood and Reyna is mesmerized by him. 

"I understand. I am sorry that I didn't know." Reyna nods. "So, Nyx and Erebus are your parents now?" 

Percy grins and nods. "Yes. Weird at first but nice now. I can sense they will never be like the rest of them." 

Reyna beams at him. "Good to know you're happy." 

"Miss Reyna, would you like to stay with Oath? He will get quite lonely." Nyx smiles sweetly at Reyna. 

Reyna eyes her carefully, but decides that she would love to stay with Percy no matter where he goes. If he is going to stay here, so is she. "Yes please, Lady Nyx." Reyna says. 

Nyx's face lights up happily and she puts her hand on Reyna's shoulder. Reyna glows with a dark light and when it fades Reyna looks at Nyx confused. 

"You are now immortal like Oath is dear. I gave you my blessing. It's not as powerful as Oath's but it is powerful nonetheless." Nyx says. 

"I am curious, why the name Oath?" Reyna looks at Percy. 

Percy explains it to her real fast and Reyna nods. "Would you like to be renamed?" Nyx looks at Reyna. 

"Sure. Better than anyone finding out who I was." Reyna tells her. 

"I think Glory is nice." Nyx smiles at Reyna. 

Reyna nods appreciatively. "I think it suits you." Percy tells her and she blushes a deep golden color.

"You should both rest." Erebus says. 

"I need to do something before that though. Glory can sleep. I will do that in a little while." Percy says. 

"You know where your room is I presume?" Erebus asks. 

Percy nods. He shadow travels Reyna to his room and helps her sit down on it. She stares at the wall in deep thought. Percy goes over to a desk and finds paper and ink. He writes in Ancient Greek on the black stationery with white ink. As soon as his letter is done, he fashions an envelope made of shadows. It solidifies into a violet material that feels like velvet. 

Percy turns to Reyna. "I'll be back shortly. With Nyx's blessing you can go anywhere without worry. I won't leave you alone for long. I intend to ask you questions and spend time with one of my favorite people." Percy says. 

Reyna gets a super warm feeling in her chest that vibrates throughout her body. She nods, unable to speak. 

Percy smiles warmly and kisses her cheek, shadow traveling with his lips still on her. Reyna touches where his cold lips were and grins. 

Percy lands about a mile away from where the Hunt has set up camp with the letter to Thalia in his hand. He pulls his hood up. He walks to the edge of the camp. 

Artemis notices him first and aims her now loaded bow at the mysterious man. All the hunters follow suit. 

Percy raises his arms in surrender. "I only come with a message. I am just delivering it. Thalia Grace, Lieutenant of the Hunters of Artemis, this letter is addressed to you." He extends his arm out holding the letter. 

"Who is it from?" Thalia inquires suspiciously. 

"One Perseus Jackson." Percy answers. 

Thalia gasps and runs up to the man without thinking. "Really?" She asks hopefully. 

Percy puts his other arm down and holds the letter out to Thalia. She snatches it from his hand, apologizing in her glee at a communication from her brother in all but blood. She rips it open and reads down the letter:

Dear Thalia,

         I'm not in the best of shapes at the moment, but I have found a few people who seem to dull my awful pain. The heartache is what kills me the most. The betrayal vibrates along my soul and fatal flaw. I saw them, heard them, and listened to them. Am I worthless Thals? Am I truly a horrid person? I miss you, but I cannot meet with you. It reminds me too much of the daughter of Athena I so loved. I'm broken sister. It's hard for me to write this. Once I feel better I will come to see you. I miss you so much, but if I were to see you now, the pain would only worsen. I am truly sorry. Please forgive me. The man who carries this letter is somewhat like a big brother to me. He keeps me occupied enough to forget for a little while. He will take back any messages you may have for me. He will wait patiently if you want to write back. His name is Oath.

                                                       Love,

                                                            Percy

Thalia looks up at the man. "Is he okay?" She asks sadly. 

"He is fine for now. Do not worry. We will take good care of your little brother. Do you have a wish for me to carry a reply back to him? I would be glad to. I can wait." Percy answers. 

Thalia nods and darts off into her tent. 

Artemis walks over cautiously. "Who are you?"

"I am called Oath by my family and friends. How can I help you Lady Artemis?" Percy asks. 

Artemis looks surprised but pushes it down. "Where is he?" 

"He resides in my home. He is mending slowly. It will be a very long time before he heals. He's in rough shape. We found him in a rather upset manner. I believe he had just caught the daughter of Athena with the son of Apollo. Not the best crossing of paths. We took him in and now are tending to his wounds. All mental and emotional now. The physical ones that he received from the campers have disappeared completely. Now we must wait." Percy answers as he puts his hands behind his back. 

"Where is your home? Who are these other you refer to?" Artemis presses. 

"My home is far away. No one dare ventures there other than my family and friends. It is a dangerous place to be in. But he is safe. The other people I refer to are my parents and family. My friends have come to visit as well." Percy replies. 

"Can you tell us where?" Phoebe asks frustrated. 

"No, I am sorry. But I cannot. Though I know you are all very capable and skilled beyond the norm. I do not want you hurt because of the place I choose to live in. I think Perseus needs to be without people who would trigger the most painful memories. One day, when he is ready, I will bring him to you. But today is not that day. This kind of pain requires years and years just to heal a little bit. It's like a knife ripping into him endlessly, but never grants him mercy and kills him. I do not know how long it will take. His fatal flaw runs deep." Percy tells her. 

"Is there nothing we can do?" Artemis asks sadly. 

"Let miss Thalia write to him. I will come whenever he writes to her. But the boy rests for long periods of time. It is his soul's way to start the long process that could take centuries. He may not be ready, or able to for that matter, to see anyone from his past for a long time. I know it's hard, but if he is to heal fast it needs to be done right." Percy tells her. 

Artemis nods. "But Perseus isn't immortal. He could die long before he fully heals if his health is in this serious state." She frowns. 

"He was made immortal. Not to worry." Percy assures her. 

Artemis breathes a sigh of relief. "Good."

"Yes." Percy nods. 

"Who are your parents?" Artemis inquires. 

"Very kind people. You would like them, I think." Percy smiles at her. 

Artemis scowls at his answer, but ponders over his answer. 

After another ten minutes, Thalia comes rushing out with a grin on her face. She hands her return letter to Percy while she jumps up and down. "Is this all you want me to bring him?" Percy asks. 

"Yup! Thanks." Thalia grins wider. 

Percy nods and turns to Artemis while he gingerly puts the letter into a magical pocket of his cloak. "I ask that my presence here stays a secret. It would not do well if I was sought out. About my visits, I will not limit them if there is a letter, but I will not enter your camp without permission. I will wait at the edge for your lieutenant or if she so wishes, follow her and update her while she writes back. Is this agreeable my lady?" 

Artemis looks thoughtful. "Very well. But I want to know who you are other than your different name." 

"Maybe someday Lady Artemis. I will keep my full identity to myself for now." Percy says. He bows to her, when he straightens he shadow travels away. 

"Seems mysterious to me. And frustrating." Phoebe mutters. 

Artemis nods. "Indeed. What did the letter say Thalia?" 

Thalia keeps her smile and reads the letter to all of them. "I wrote back. It's nice he wrote it in Ancient Greek for me. I suck at reading English." 

"Considerate." Artemis nods. 

"Mhmm. That's Perce." Thalia agrees. "I wonder if that guy is a child of Hades or something. He shadow travels like that idiot boy Nico does. But it seems easier for him somehow." Thalia muses. 

"Yes. Maybe we should ask Hades." Artemis says. 

"But that would be breaking the agreement you just made." Atalanta reminds Artemis. 

"That's right." Artemis sighs. 

Oh boy....What do you think? PJO/HOO is owned by Rick Riordan. Till next time my lovely readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 86 51
Steph is confused. She finds herself in a strange camp surrounded by people who claim to be her family (on the godly side) when only yesterday she wa...
13.5K 257 15
THALICO. Thalia is kicked out of the hunt, Nico broke up with Will. What happen when the world of this two collide, would love bloom, or hatred would...
27.1K 1.5K 28
[READ PUPPETS FIRST!!] Reyna is falling. After England, she discovered a journal. Reading it was to take her mind off things until she became obsesse...
352K 6.2K 19
After the war with Gaea, and the wizarding world defeated Voldemort the Big Three are sent on a quest as a favour from Chiron to his old friend Dumbl...