Bridge To Delphilia

By willFindLove

An expedition to search for the unknown suddenly turned into pools of blood and festive night for the scienti... More

⸙͎ 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗔
❥ Chapter One: The Full Moon
❥ Chapter Two: The Silver Amulet
❥ Chapter Three: Corpus Achilles
❥ Chapter Four: Mana One
❥ Chapter Five: Second Phase
❥ Chapter Six: The Female Alpha
❥ Chapter Seven: One out of Seven
❥ Chapter Eight: Matched
❥ Chapter Nine: John Matthews
❥ Chapter Ten: Lauren Mae Breiner
❥ Chapter Eleven: Red
❥ Chapter Twelve: The Truth Untold
❥ Chapter Thirteen: Luna, the Female Alpha
❥ Chapter Fourteen: Moon Feast
❥ Chapter Fifteen: Hybrid
❥ Chapter Sixteen: Escape Plan
❥ Chapter Seventeen: Veronica Jane Heartfillia
❥ Chapter Eighteen: Bearing an Heir
❥ Chapter Nineteen: Out Alive
❥ Chapter Twenty: Seven
❥ Chapter Twenty-One: Found Her
❥ Chapter Twenty-Two: Squad
❥ Chapter Twenty-Three: Goodbye
❥ Chapter Twenty-Five: Present
❥ Chapter Twenty-Six: To go or not to go?
❥ Chapter Twenty-Seven: Back Again
❥ Chapter Twenty-Eight: The danger lurking behind
❥ Chapter Twenty-Nine: Art and the truth
E X C E R P T...
❥ Chapter Thirty: Roni
❥ Chapter Thirty-One: The Rendezvous
❥ Chapter Thirty-Two: Trauma
❥ Chapter Thirty-Three: Girl
❥ Chapter Thirty-Four: Infiltration
❥ Chapter Thirty-Five: Reunion
❥ Chapter Thirty-Six: The real female Alpha
❥ Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Hybrid's true form
❥ Chapter Thirty-Eight: Scarlet
Author's Note

❥ Chapter Twenty-Four: Memories

58 9 9
By willFindLove

RONI

I woke up at a hospital bed and Jelly is sitting at the couch with my things on the bedside table. There are packed foods and fruits to and since I'm famished, I sat up on my own. My neck feels numb from the injection. Art gave me a sedative and I don't know why but I'm sure he has his reasons.

When I sat up, I gently pushed my blanket and stretched my limbs out. I feel like I haven't got any proper sleep and rest ever since. Ever since the um, the..

My forehead creased. I feel so confused right now. What am I thinking? What is wrong with me? I held on to the bed when I am standing, I'm feeling dizzy all of a sudden. My head hurts so much.

"Dr. Heartfillia." Jelly wake up from her slumber. She hurriedly went to my direction and supported me by holding my arm. "You should've stayed in bed." She muttered, worried.

I sat on the edge of the bed and she fetched me a glass of water. I gladly take it and managed to chunk down the half full glass. I took a deep breath after. "Is something wrong? Are you in pain?" Jelly asked.

"I'm having a migraine, that's all." I answered.

 "I'll page the doctor, stay put."

Jelly hurriedly went out of the room to call a doctor. I stood up and searched for my things. I looked at the bedside table and saw my shoulder bag that I kept on the locker during work. I unzipped it and searched for my belongings. My phone is here and my journal. Including some paper works that I forgot to submit.

I glanced everywhere at the room and noticed that I was asleep for the whole week. Why did I pass out that long? I looked at the food Jelly brought and looked for the medicines inside the drawer. I saw some bottles of sedatives and illegal drugs at the back of the drawer. Each labeled with the name Antigen.

I grabbed one bottle and put it inside my bag. I also tore some pages of my papers and wet it using the bottled water before I curl it all and throw inside the toilet bowl. I flashed is so no one would see it. I can't trust anyone. I can only rely on myself. Who knows what Antigen would do just to silence me?

When I heard footsteps outside, I immediately returned to the bed and sat at the edge. The door swung open and the doctor came in together with Jelly and Art. I was confused to see him. I don't want to see him.

"Hello Dr. Heartfillia. How are you feeling today?" The male doctor asked me while reading my chart.

"I feel a little dizzy. Please call me Veronica." I answered. He grabbed his stethoscope and made me do deep breaths. The bruises I have on my arm are now completely healed without any scar.

"You're stable now." He smiled at me.

"What happened exactly to me Doctor?" I asked. The male doctor and Art looked at each other before the latter walked towards me. He knelt down and held my right hand.

"I'm sorry for sedating you. I needed you to calm down or else our bosses will plot against you." He muttered. "You were about to do something Roni." Art added. I slapped his hand away. I raised my head and stare at my shrink.

"I can't seem to remember a lot that happened on our expedition. Doctor, what's happening to me?" I panicked a little. He bends down and tapped my shoulder.

"You lost those memories because they were traumatic. I'm sorry Veronica. You can't retain them as long as you're scared." He whispered. I nodded at him and waited for his instructions.

"Can you please leave us for a moment?" Art asked permission to my Doctor. I automatically shook my head. "I don't want to be alone with you, whatever you want to say, say it in front of my doctor and my assistant." I immediately muttered. Art heave out a heavy sigh.

"What are the things you remembered?" Art asked. I stare pass him and images automatically flashed before my eyes. Different voices spoke at once, I felt dizzy again. I held on my head and closed my eyes when I saw Jack bitten, Prim being snatched away, Lauren and Matt were devoured.

"Roni?" I heard Art called.

I tried opening my eyes but all I see are blurry images. My ears rang and the whole room was suddenly put on mute. I can see the doctor opening his mouth but I can't hear what he's saying. I held on the bed for support as my heartbeat raced faster than the normal speed. I closed my eyes again and succumbed on the clouds of darkness that slowly enveloped my well-being. I can't feel my body anymore, I feel like I was floating mid-air. I can't make up where I am or how my surroundings exactly looked liked.

"Roni." Someone whispered. I flinched and looked over my shoulder but no one was there.

"Roni." The voice called again.

I turned around but all I see was darkness. I closed my eyes and opened them a second after, thinking this might be part of the side effect of the sedative that Art gave me. I took a deep breath and slowly opened my eyes. I regret opening my eyes.

I screamed my heart out and covered my ears with my hands. This isn't true. No, this is not real.

"Veronica!" Someone held my arm and shook me up for me to wake up and it was effective. After I felt the warmth from his hands, I opened my eyes and came back to reality.

I immediately sat up from the bed and curled into a ball, I hugged my knees to my chest and started crying. Art pulled me closer to him and hugged me tightly. "Everything's fine. I'm here." He whispered as he slowly pat my head. I wiped my tears and pushed him away gently. I don't want to get close to him.

Jelly stayed at my side and held my hand, concern is plastered on her face and she was about to cry when the Doctor checked me up. He turned on a small flashlight and my eyes immediately responded. He also checked my pulse. I felt my whole body convulsing. I held on to my stomach when I felt a sharp pain from that part of my body.

"Doc, what's happening?" Jelly uttered in complete shock.

"Roni, stay awake." Art ordered. I grimaced when the pain intensified, I can't bear with this pain. "She's shaking so much!" His voice raised a few decibels and the doctor panicked a little, surprise by Art's sudden outburst.

"I'll page the neurosurgeon and fetched the gastroenterologist." The male doctor left the room immediately.

"Stay awake, Roni." Art murmured. I clenched on the hospital gown I'm wearing and grasped for more air.

"Give me the sedative." He turned to Jelly. 

"Y-yes?" Jelly stuttered, she was surprise that Art wants to use the sedative even when I'm in this state. "Shouldn't we wait for the surgeon Dr. Evans?"

"Just do it." He marked his voice with finality. Art cut her off and Jelly just followed what he said. She opened the drawer and grabbed one bottle. I automatically shook my head.

"I don't want that." I used my strength to speak. I am shaking so bad that my nerves are restless. I felt like there's a lump on my throat.

"This is for your own good." Art picked the syringe and slowly filled it with the white sedative. I extended my arm and held on the bedside table. I am curling but I stretched my legs so I could stand up.

I got up to my feet and walked away. I am limping while holding my stomach but Art immediately caught me. I struggled out of his grip. It hurts.

"Dr. Evan, I think she doesn't want that medicine." Jelly muttered. Art shot her a glance. "Stay out of it." His voice turned cold and Jelly halted, she froze to where she's standing, afraid what will happen if she disobeys her superior.

"Roni, quit it!" Art whispered. I turned to him and spit on his face. He was taken aback. When he tried to wipe his face with his hand, I raised my right foot and step on his foot. Art immediately yelped in pain. His grip loosened and I took that opportunity to run away from the room.

"Roni get back here!" I heard him shout as I closed the door behind me. I turned on the left wing and searched for the exit. I am not familiar with this hospital. I tried asking for directions but all the nurses and staffs are busy.

I glanced over my shoulder and walked faster. I don't want Art to catch up. I can't take that medicine. Some of my memories are gone and even if I try to remember it, I'll end up unconscious. My gut tells me that the sedative Art gave me is the reason why I have a semi-amnesia. Yes I am scared of what happened but I created those werewolves, I am used to seeing them contained. The expedition was traumatic but it doesn't mean I could lose my memories.

I ran until I reached the information desk. I was panting but I still managed to ask for directions. The nurse was hesitant when she saw me with the hospital gown but I told her my identity and that someone here is threatening me.

"Go straight down the hall, there are large double doors. You'll see the sign exit above it." The nurse muttered. I nodded at her. "Do you want me to escort you?" She offered. I smiled at her before saying that I could manage on my own.

I ran again and almost bumped to other patients, some yelled at me and cursed me but I didn't pay any attention to them, I just have to get out of here. As I ran down the hallway, images flashed again on my mind and the white walls of the hospital slowly turned into a forest. I shook my head.

"This isn't real." I mumbled. Then slowly it changed back to the white walls and then back again to the forest. I didn't stop, I continued running straight. But I halted after I saw the double doors changed.

"You've got to be kidding me." I whispered to myself. I can see the bridge in front of me. It is slowly swinging from left to right, as the wind blew. "No, this isn't real."

"Roni!"

I turned around and saw a werewolf ready to attack me. I shook my head once more. I then ran away while it chases me. My heart beats faster with every step I take. My stomach is killing me but I didn't mind. All I need is to cross that bridge.

"Veronica!"

I looked straight ahead and slowly crossed on the hanging bridge. I kept my balance and tried not to look below or I'll get scared. I took heavy breaths each time the hanging bridge sways.

"Roni." His soft voice echoed on the mountains. I automatically halted on my tacks and glanced around.

"Jack? Where are you?" I asked. Then the voice called me again. I followed the voice and held on the railings of the bridge.

"Jack?" I called and looked below at the river. The water started forming small whirlpools directly below the bridge.

"Jack?" I called again. Then suddenly I felt someone behind me. With a smile plastered on my face, I turned around.

"Hello Roni."

Luna stood in front of me with a smirk on her face. I covered my mouth with my hand. No. what is she doing here?

"Are you looking for Jack? I'm sorry but he's underwater." She answered my unspoken question. I turned to the river again and called out his name.

"What a fool!"

Luna chuckled behind me before she pushed me. I stumbled and fell on the deep waters. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 71 6
❝ 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙡𝙥𝙝𝙖..❞ A story of a tribrid who needs to get married to an alpha in order...
8.7K 336 47
This is the story about a Alpha's son trying to find his mate before he could become the next alpha of the pack until he met a vampire girl at the ba...
1.5M 91.7K 31
Taehyung wasn't aware there were other werewolves besides him. That is, until he's taken away from his familiar but horrible life and gets pushed int...
754K 45.1K 60
Vampire x Werewolf - "What's your favorite flower?" "Oh... Blood roses are my favorite." - Werewolves and Vampires are enemies. They have always hate...