Shrouded Away (Book #1)

By Choco_cookie555

You could already see their amused smiles as they tortured and slaughtered people for selfish motives. They w... More

Warnings ⚠️
P R O L O G U E
16 Years Later
Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 22
Chapter: 23
Chapter: 24
Chapter: 25
Chapter: 26
Chapter: 27
Chapter: 28
Chapter: 29
Change: 30
Chapter: 31
Chapter: 32
Chapter: 33
Chapter: 34
Chapter: 35
Chapter: 36
Chapter: 37
Chapter: 38
Chapter: 39
Chapter: 40
Chapter: 41
Chapter: 42
Chapter: 43
Chapter: 44
Chapter: 45
Chapter: 46
Chapter: 47
Chapter: 48
Chapter: 49
Chapter: 50
Chapter: 51
Chapter: 52
Chapter: 53
Chapter: 54
Chapter: 55
Chapter: 56
Chapter: 57
Chapter: 58
Chapter: 59
Chapter: 60
Chapter: 61
Chapter: 62
Chapter: 63

Chapter: 19

1 0 0
By Choco_cookie555

Nothing lasts forever.....

                     " I believe that you’ll do great things, but only if you apply yourself,” Marcela spoke, leading Andrea through the Sicarius headquarters.

“Everyone here has a role to play; a part in the grander scheme of things. And your role is of the utmost importance.” This was the beginning of the future her mother has planned for. The first step was to come out and meet a few Sicariurs.

Andrea walked swiftly to keep up with her long strides, but her short eight-year-old legs could hardly keep up. 

“Are you even listening to me?” the screech of her voice sounded as she stopped and looked down at Andrea

 “I’m teaching you life lessons, you’d be wise to listen with keen ears and not mess everything up.”

She nodded and looked up at her with wide, curious eyes. “Yes, mother.” 

She smiled sinisterly, but Andrea's young mind mistook the cruel smile she held as honour, and she smiled back. The beginning of the end was now underway. 

“Come now. Auster would like to meet you.”

Andrea watched as Marcela swiped her hand across the scanner, verifying the door slid open. Both of them entered the room. 

Auster stood in the middle of the room, his hands in the pockets of the training uniform, his hair tied back in a ponytail. He stared at Andrea with his stained eyes and looked back at Marcela.

"She's grown," Auster contemplated, "still short for an eight-year-old. I mean that's how girls are. Slow at everything they do, including living life itself"

Andrea already began despite this man's existence. 

"You know what else is slow, the time it took your mother to realize you were purely a mistake," Andrea thought but didn't say it.

Marcela cleared her throat and tilted her head signalling 'choose your words carefully, I'm also here!'

"Madam. You're a woman-" he then looked back at Andrea, "she is a girl"

Marcela ignored his comment and walked towards him with Andrea behind her- "Andrea is now mastering her powers, and I'm proud to say she's doing rather well" she stopped her footsteps right beside Auster with her back facing Andrea, "aren't you, Andrea?"

"Yes mother"

"Well aren't you a wonder worker," Auster said and gave a smack to the back of Marcela's head making her jump a little and glared at him. Andrea's eyes widened, her mouth gaped. 

Without thinking, Andrea kneed his crotch area, Auster gasped at the shocking pain bending down, unintentionally levelling his face with Andrea. 

He placed his hand on the pain letting out a silent scream. Andrea was quiet for a moment, their mouth seeming to be twitching, and Andrea opened her mouth to spit a large amount of saliva onto Auster's face.

"Andrea !!" Marcela grabbed Andrea by her wrist and pulled her out of the room. It was obvious that she was seething in anger.

This was not going to end well, nothing ever does for her.

They walked down the stairs then through the hall and walked through a door as it slid open. 

An aura came out of the room hitting Andrea right in the face, bringing shivers down her spine, and her breakfast to her throat. 

"Angerona!" Marcela called as she pulled Andrea into the dimly lit hallway with her. 

Andrea glanced around and visioned gruesome sights of people being tortured in the prison cells causing her to gulp down the raw bile.

"Angerona!"

"Yes madam" a soft voice answered.

Both of them turned around to see a tall slim woman with a tight bun that surprisingly didn't rip her hair from the scalp, blood and gore sprinkled all over her face. 

She looked down at Andrea giving a wicked smile revealing her stained teeth.

Both Marcela and Angerona exchanged whispers. 

Giving a warning look at Angerona Marcela said, "don't kill her." before leaving. Andrea didn't know whether that was a relief or a sign for upcoming torture. 

"Quite the brave one aren't you?" Angerona questioned rhetorically. Andrea tried backing away. She felt her eyes widen and pulse quicken, her heart thudding like a rock rattling in a box. 

Angerona held her by her wrists pulling her into an empty cell and locking it behind her. Sharp claws grew out of Angerona's knuckles.  

A wide grin splattered across her face as she walked towards Andrea with a predatory gleam in her eyes. Tears stung Andrea’s eyes, her hands were shivering, her lips were quivering. 

Within a fraction of a second Andrea was on her stomach, her hands cuffed behind her. Angerona’s calf was pressed against her lower back pinning her to the ground. 

Her claws scraped over her neck, back, and shoulders. 

The strikes radiated in a way that shattered her brain. The shrieks rip from her chest raw and crushing. 

“Mother! Mother! MOTHER PLEASE!!”

Her cries seared through the endlessly vast hall. 

The screams tore from her throat like a great shard of glass.

                         Andrea sat at the corner of the cell with an iron gag in her mouth, the metal collar tightly fastened around the back of her neck. 

A small hole in the front allowed air to pass in and out but muffled all her screams. Blood oozed out of her cheeks, mouth, and her shirt was doused in blood and sweat, and her breathing was getting shallower every minute that passed by.

Her whole body was shivering either from the low temperature or how the previous incident had scarred her life for good or maybe both. 

Andrea looked up to the sound of the gates opening. A boy entered the cell, as he got closer she saw his sandy hair and his calm-looking face.

 He knelt In front of her, Andrea watched intently as he took out a card and unlocked the handcuffs, and took off the iron gag. 

She gasped out a breath and looked at him as he offered his hand. 

"Hi," he said as she tremblingly placed her hand on his "I'm Casper."

He helped her stand up and placed her arm around his shoulders.

They limped out of the cell station and walked up to her room. A nurse was waiting there holding her tray.

"Sit." 

Andrea sat on her bed as the nurse sat beside her and began to aid her. 

As she was done, after Andrea flinching, wincing and the nurse patting her thigh not making the pain feel any better and making sure she was hydrated.

"Get some rest, it'll ease the pain and don't move your limbs when you're not supposed to," she said before exiting the room leaving Casper and Andrea alone.

He watched as she played with the end of her bandage. 

"Don't worry I've seen worse. If Madam Marcela hadn't-" Andrea looked up and cut him off. "Can we not.. talk about that?"

"Sorry. if that makes you uncomfortable" her eyebrows furrowed, this was the first time in her life that she felt the feeling of..pity, and she didn't like it. It made her feel pathetic and miserable. 

"Your name's Andrea right?"

She just gave a small nod and looked out the window, the midnight blue sky littered with stars. 

"You should take a rest," 

He was smiling like the sun coming out after a huge storm.

"I don't want to.."

"Hey" he stood In front of her " you have your first training session with everyone tomorrow afternoon"

Andrea let out a sigh and laid down on the bed.

"Are you gonna leave?"

"I'll be here"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171 5 1
When the Russian Mafia Don William Lyiora destroys Stitem and takes Nicolette Lyiora away to experiment with her and Nyx, things fall apart, and the...
94 4 14
"To those who act like like angels but are mentally insane." One holy night, two siblings stood by each other's side making sure they were alive. Wi...
16.8K 332 25
The Zodiac Games! What can I say? Just some people about to kill each other, yay! Why don't you pop right in and see how your own sign is doing? Enjo...
222K 10.2K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...