Mind of Mine || ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏ x ʀᴇᴀᴅ...

By sugarwastedbk

She had always hidden behind a mask. Y/n had not seen the sun in years, hidden away in the Shie Hassaikai hea... More

breakdown
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
info
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73

chapter 37

7.9K 201 158
By sugarwastedbk

Song: Love Like You/Ending Theme [Steven Universe] Cover by Ashe on YT

...

Dazed. An adjective. Unable to think or react properly; bewildered.

That was the feeling you were drowning in, unable to comprehend what had happened in the last couple of hours. The Gala had ended a few hours ago and you were back in your dorm room.

Everybody had returned to U.A for security reasons, just in case there was a villain with bad intentions lurking around. You actually wished somebody did try and attack, it would've at least made your thoughts shift.

In the time that you've been in your room, blue seems to have flooded your mind. There were puzzle pieces at the palm of your hands, and you knew you were supposed to piece them together to form the big picture- but it was like your mind refused to connect them all. The blue eyes, the name that just happened to be exactly what Touya claimed... it couldn't just be a coincidence right?

Mind split into pieces and heart torn into half, you were between holding on to this small piece of hope where Touya is still alive or just labeling it as a coincidence.

But you weren't stupid- Overhaul would've done anything to emotionally manipulate you, and that could've been one of his insurance plans to put you in your place. He never did offer you proof or anything like that, claiming Touya was reduced to basically nothing. But what if he did escape and has been working this entire time to try and rescue you? Maybe he's been working a job to get enough money to pay someone to rescue you or maybe he's been gathering information. Maybe the only reason he hasn't visited you at U.A was because he still believed you were in the warehouse.

This might be just you reaching for crumbs but it was something.

The balcony door was slid open, blond spiky hair noticeable from the position you were in. The room had felt too small, suffocating you and your mind, so you stepped onto the balcony and sat on the railing, feet dangling as you stared up at the night sky.

"Why are you awake?" The boy shuffles forward, his body head detectable as he stood behind you, hands settling on the railing and caging you in. Bakugo should be asleep, it was like 3am- way past his bedtime.

Leaning back into his chest, he whispers, his voice heavy with sleep. "Couldn't sleep." And you know it's a lie, the boy was basically asleep on the ride home. Was it possible that the soulmate bond alerted him to your feelings? Had it grown that much? Maybe.

You don't respond and instead raise a hand up, pretending to grab onto the moon. Your fingers block the soft light from the moon, casting a shadow over your face.

Heaviness acted like an anchor, grounding you to the shifting world. Like a boat lost at sea, you wondered when you would finally get to live an ordinary life. That's all you wanted- be a girl who had an amazing boyfriend, a loving family and great friends, currently pursuing her dream career. And yet, it seemed like the universe was always dropping something new onto you and expecting you to be okay with the change.

"Say it." Bakugo says, his chin on your shoulder, looking at the view from your balcony. "You've been in your head since the party. So what aren't you telling me?"

Sighing, you reach up and cup the side of his face, looking at the horizon, hoping that maybe you'd find a sign or something to prove that you weren't going insane. "Remember how I told you that Touya and I had this grand plan to escape?"

He merely digs his chin deeper into the squishy part of your shoulder, a sign that he remembers and to continue. "Well, the name he chose for himself was Hikaru Aoi. At the party, I asked this waiter for a water and when I asked for their name to thank them- he gave me that exact name." You turn slightly to see his face, to try to see what he was thinking. Was he coming to the same conclusion as you? Or were you just looking for something that simply didn't exist? "Blue eyes Katuski- and I just don't know what to think."

Turning back around, your fingers run through his hair, tugging at the strands that tickle the side of your face. "Tell me about the plan. What was supposed to happen that night."

"Touya had turned eighteen a few weeks ago, that's when we started to grab the supplies we needed. Mind you, we were stealing little things here and there from other people that lived in the warehouse, securing it under one of the loose boards in our room. We were gathering up money, medical supplies, food that we can keep without it going bad, stuff like that. The plan was to wait for the right patrol rotation- he was going to incinerate the quirk suppressor on my wrist and Eri was going to rewind any of his injuries. But as long as I was free, then it was okay. I was going to get rid of anybody in our path while Touya took care of Eri. There was this specific window that was old-fashioned- a storage room from before Overhaul had the building renovated."

Stilling, you seemed to be far away and Bakugo leaned forward, wrapping his arms around your waist, to remind you that you were here- with him.

"All we had to do was wait. But then, I woke up and he was gone. Overhaul barged into the room and dragged me away- it was what you saw in that simulation with the counselor."

Bakugo recalled the memory, the way Overhaul seemed to be both angry and happy as he delivered the news of your brother's death. Angry that you were almost successful in leaving. Happy that it didn't happen and now he had one less person to worry about.

"And that was it. I went to the storage room after, to see what went wrong that night. Maybe somebody was onto us and he had to take the chance. I don't know, but there was only a stain by the window sill- probably his remains."

He felt the single droplet wet his arm. Tugging you back, Bakugo carried you into your room, using the heel of his foot to slide close the door before dropping you on the bed. Laying down together, you faced each other, the scars around your eyes seemed to be red, like you had been rubbing at them too much. Softly touching your scarred skin, you melted into the touch.

Skin against skin, you wanted to fall asleep to his heartbeat and forget all about this madness.

"Talk to your old man, ask him to search the cameras in the warehouse. It may be a long shot but it could be something." When faced with a problem, Bakugo always tried to find the solution. He wasn't the best at comforting you, but he could at least try to ease your worries. "Fuck it, have the police interrogate Overhaul until he confesses."

"Yeah," you say softly, your nose bumping into his. "I'll do that."

"Better do it, I'm not staying up just for you not to do what I say." He deadpans, an unwarranted yawn escaping him.

Laughing softly, you wrap an arm around him and tug him close, letting his head fall on your chest- the way he liked it. Angry bastard liked to be babied, who would've thought.

Bakugo raised up to kiss you, his lips moving against yours with so much softness; softness that he didn't think he was capable of giving. But he sees your eyes- eyes that have seen so many dark things. He hears your heart thumping at a steady rhythm with his- a heart that has felt enough pain to bring a grown man to his knees. And he sees your smile in the darkness- an expression so beautiful that becomes engraved in his heart.

And so he will dive into the deepest parts of his soul and offer you the softness and love you deserved, whispering a promise against your lips as the two are lulled to sleep.

☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹

The droplets slid down the panel of the window, two particular dots going at a different speed than the others, almost like they were racing. The weather was odd, it had been perfectly sunny yesterday and now it was pouring, the grey clouds appearing out of nowhere. But it gave everybody the perfect excuse to hang around and be lazy. Nobody was really in the mood to do any homework and training was off of everybody's minds. Even Iida was taking a break, something about 'self care.'

It was the perfect weather- the cold allowed for sweaters and baggy sweats to come out. And guess who loved that type of weather? You specifically. Dressed in the comfiest clothes ever, you were sprawled out across the common room couch, watching amusedly as Kaminari lost for the third time in a row against Sero.

"Pobrecito, nunca va poder ganar." You say, grinning when Sero snickered as he passed you the controller. [Poor thing, he's never going to win]

"No talking shit in Spanish," Kaminari whined, passing his controller to Kirishima. A couple of people were hanging in the common room since a gaming tournament was being hosted. It consisted of people dueling in Mario Kart, so far Sero has been unstoppable and yet Kaminari refused to give up, always challenging the tape boy. Respect really.

Sitting up a bit straight and focusing on the loading screen, you call out over your shoulder to the boy entering the room. "Blondie! Come watch me beat Kiri's ass."

"Excuse me, who said you're going to win?"

"Me. Now eat my fucking dust!" You cackled, zooming past Kirishima as his character sputtered due to his poor timing on the acceleration. Bakugo jumped over the couch, landing on your semi sprawled body but you didn't even flinch, eyes never straying from the t.v. as your fingers rapidly clicked the controller buttons.

"That's my girl. Tough luck Shitty Hair."

"For the last time- YOUR HAIR IS JUST LIKE MINE!" Kirishima exclaimed, taking his 'L' with his head held up high- something Kaminari should take notes on. Passing the controller off to whoever was next in the tournament, you pinch Bakugo's thighs that were currently on top of your body.

Wishing to be dramatic, you pretend to wheeze, "Fuck, you're heavy as shit."

Pausing whatever scrolling he was doing on his phone, he slowly turned to look at you and glared, but the mischievous look in his eyes was evident. One second he was just casually sitting there and the next he was looming over you, yanking your body up before throwing you over his shoulder in one swift move. This was not what you had in mind and now you were officially dead. "Wait no- I take it back! Mercy!" You said while laughing, slapping his butt when he refused to put you down.

"Shitty Hair, take her spot in the tournament," was all Bakugo said over his shoulder.

"Say less. Thanks Bakugo and Y/n!"

"Wait no, I was going to win!"

"Not anymore you ain't," Kirishima added, taking your spot in the couch.

Bakugo began to walk away with you but instead of walking towards his room or yours like a normal person- he went towards the double doors to the dorm building and out into the rain.

"Where are you taking me?" You can feel your back and butt getting wet from the drizzle of the rain and Bakugo just put his hood over his head, trying to not wet his hair because dealing with the frizziness was not something he wanted to experience right now. "At least put me down!"

"No."

"Really? So mature of you firecracker!"

"Mature is my middle name, thought you knew that already sweetheart," he bit back with an attitude, slightly patting your (now moist) butt as he moved further and further away from the dorm building. He was merely following the path that led to the main U.A building, so anybody from the common room could literally look through the windows and see you both. What you weren't so sure about was why he was bringing you here... in the pouring rain... when he hated getting wet.

Deciding that it was pointless to continue asking questions, you did the next best thing- you became a limp noodle over his shoulder, hoping that it'd make him regret carrying you away. But jokes on you because Bakugo had the shoulders of a god and you were nothing but a sack of potatoes in comparison. Chuckling at your antics, he turned and slightly bit your thigh before looking up at the towering building, raining falling softly on his face.

"Dumbass, use your quirk and lift us to the roof."

"I really have no say in this huh."

"Nope." Purple coated both of you, raising you up to the roof like he wanted. And that's when he finally let you go, putting you down kind of roughly making you wobble as you tried to regain your balance. Even with the dark sky, the view from up there was amazing. Leaves swayed while the rain continued to fall, kissing your skin.

Wrapping your arms around yourself, the coldness from the rain didn't bother you. Instead, you watched Bakugo pull up his phone before slipping it into the pocket of his sweats, the speaker section slightly sticking out. A soft melodic tune began to play and you couldn't help but shake your head fondly.

He may not be good with words, but he never failed to pull through for you. With Bakugo, the actions spoke louder. It was why physical touch was so important between you both, why you never hesitated to give him the attention he was craving but was too stubborn to ask for. And like now- he was doing what he did best, showing you that he cared.

You've never danced in the rain, but whenever a scene like that appeared in those cheesy movies you sneakily watched, it made you wonder how two people were capable of feeling so much love for each other. But as Bakugo took your cold hands in his warm ones, rain drops coating his eyelashes, you understood it perfectly.

"If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love"

This was nothing like the ballroom dancing. There was no pressure to be perfect, to pay extra attention to where you stepped. Here, it was only you and Bakugo with the sky as the witness. He spun you softly, laughing when a wet strand of hair slapped you in the face.

His voice was deep and rich, a bit scratchy but it was probably from all the time he spent yelling. You wanted to fight Bakugo for having withheld this from you for so long. His sweet voice reaching your ears was everything you craved. All those years spent dreaming about what he would sound like- only for him to sing as the two of you danced in the rain.

Who knew Bakugo was such a romantic?

"I always thought I might be bad
Now I'm sure that it's true
'Cause I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Look at you go
I just adore you
I wish that I knew
What makes you think I'm so special"

Anybody watching would've seen two souls in love, dancing on a rooftop under the rain, their love mixing in with the water.

Blinking away the water falling on your face, your breath hitched at the sight. Was this cheesy? Absolutely. But it didn't ruin the magic- not when Bakugo was giving you that smile he reserved only for you- a smile so big that he got crinkles in the corner of his eyes. And then it was followed by that hyena laugh of his, body shaking like he found it super hilarious how you resembled a wet dog. But it didn't matter.

You were both freezing- maybe you more than him due to his abnormally warm body. Bakugo tugged you into his chest, dropping his chin on top of your head, his chest shaking with vibrations as he hummed the chorus to the song.

Silver liquid splashed around your ankles, the puddles rippling under your movements. The freshness of the air invaded your lungs, it cleared your mind and eased your worries. In this moment, you felt infinite.

"Feeling better?" He asks, his noise slightly twinged red due to the cold. The sight squeezes your heart.

Tip-toeing slightly, your lips press against his softly, "Never been better."

Pulling apart, the two of you head back to the common room, probably about to get shit from Iida for being out in the rain, but it was definitely worth it.

Those still playing video games pause as the two of you come into their line of vision, overhearing you call Bakugo a naked mole rat and the boy scowling before shaking his head, purposely wetting you with the excessive water. They watched you head up to your room with Bakugo by your side, and even Iida kept his comments to himself.

"Toshi, why don't you ever take me dancing in the rain?" Kaminari said, purposely poking his boyfriend's cheek.

The lavender boy just tilted his head to the side and stared at him with lazy eyes, "Being with you in the rain is a death trap."

Kaminari paused to think about it but then nodded, "Valid. I don't mix well with water."

"Ain't that the truth," Ashido added, snickering with the rest of the group at the electric boy's offended face.

Class 2-A was taking advantage of their relaxing day before things got heated again in school. That included you as you stepped out of the shower, fully dressed in the warmest clothes possible, hoping that the rain and cold weather didn't get you sick. And just on cue, the door to the room was pushed open, a grumpy troll barging in like he owned the place and face planted onto the bed, grumbling as he turned to the side to look at you.

"You have all of my hoodies here."

"False," you say, opening the closet door and showcasing how you only had a nice 5 of his sweaters. It wasn't 'all' of them like he exaggerated. But you knew Bakugo, and his comment was merely bringing awareness to the fact that he wanted a sweater from your closet. For what reason? Because he was a love-sick dork and he wanted to have your scent surround him- the same way you wanted his around you. "Here, take this one. I know this one is your favorite."

Reaching down, you pull the current sweater you had on and toss it to him with some force, letting it nail him in the face. Grumbling, he puts it on and sneakily sniffs it, enjoying the scent like the creep he was.

"Movie and face mask type of night my love?"

When you get no response, you turn around and see the light blush on his cheeks. Laughing slightly to yourself, you grab the small basket with the stuff and join him on the bed, pinching his red cheeks. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?"

But still, Bakugo refused to make eye contact, clicking his tongue with a small 'tch.'

He may act bad majority of the time, but Bakugo got flustered so easily. A cute pet name and he was blushing like there was no tomorrow. Oh how you loved all these sides of him.

Leaning against the wall, you watched him move around the room to set everything up. You've done this many times before, so it was no surprise when Bakugo grabbed a headband to push his hair away before laying his head on your lap.

You grabbed a roller before spreading the mask evenly on his skin while the boy rested his eyes. It felt... therapeutic, although Bakugo would never admit it. He didn't get much affection from his parents, they were more on the tough love concept. But after meeting you, he couldn't believe how much he craved it.

The feeling of your fingers softly touching his face, smoothing down his eyebrows and tracing his jawline felt surreal. They were cold and soft, the opposite to his own hot, callused hands.

You smiled softly at him. In moments like this, where he was relaxed and with no scowl on his face, he looked pretty- almost angelic. And instead of showing off just how pretty he was to everybody, he chooses to make such ugly faces- constantly scowling or grimacing or turning his nose up in disgust.

Seriously, he was an open book. Whenever something bugged him, it was clear on his face. But he was your favorite book- you could spend endless hours reading the lines on his face and memorizing them.

With the rain softly tapping against the glass of the balcony door and another dystopian movie playing in the background, the world felt perfectly balanced.

But little did you know, this was only the calm before the storm.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Headcanons:

-Mitsuki was the mother figure Y/n never had but always wanted. They talk a lot of the time, usually small updates between them. Since Bakugo and Mitsuki aren't the type to call each other and give life updates, Y/n serves as a type of bridge between them both: she gives Bakugo updates on his mom, and she gives Mitsuki updates on Bakugo. After the U.A Gala, the Bakugo's have a framed picture of Bakugo and Y/n hung up with the rest of their family pictures. (P.S Aizawa won't admit it, but he also has a pic of them from that night, he even finds himself looking after Bakugo more, treating him like a son).

-Knowing that Bakugo has a soft spot for romance manga, Y/n made a list of all his favorites and spends time trying to get through them so they can talk about them since Bakugo doesn't really talk to anybody about them. Everybody needs someone to fangirl with after all.

-Y/n and Bakugo are always pinching each other and nobody can understand why. Y/n enjoys teasing Bakugo and usually any physical touch from her riles him up. But Bakugo likes her cheeks and enjoys pinching them. In fact, he likes to cup her face with his hand and squeeze her cheeks together, only to sneak in and get a kiss. He's a sap like that.

-Y/n enjoys tugging on Bakugo's hair, interpret it however you want ;) But really, she catches herself always running her fingers through his hair, enjoying how soft it is.

-They've been binge watching movie series- harry potter, marvel, twilight, anything dystopian like hunger games/divergent. They're both into it and usually you can find Y/n and Bakugo in her room or his watching a movie and just chilling.

"Sitting next to you is like taking a sip of eternity- the sun, the stars, the sky, it never tasted so good."

-Christy Ann Martine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 5.3K 46
Soulmate AU one-shots and two-shots - character x reader, maybe character x character if requested. [Requests currently CLOSED!] All reader characte...
406K 16.9K 40
Soulmates, she was never sure what to think of them. Everyone is born with the words that their soulmate will first say to them tattooed on their bod...
112K 2.9K 18
By the age of 16 a mark will appear on your wrist with the first words your soulmate will say to you in the color of their eyes. They will share pain...
136K 4K 58
♥︎♡♥︎♡ Izuku Midoriya's world comes crumbling down. He's all alone in a world with no one to care for him. He ends up in the streets. When he disap...