After The Truth

By sweet_day_dreams_

After finding out that the love of her life betrayed her Tessa is left heartbroken and must make a decision... More

Tessa Chapter 1
Hardin Chapter 2
Tessa Chapter 3
Hardin Chapter 4
Tessa Chapter 5
Hardin Chapter 6
Tessa Chapter 7
Hardin Chapter 8
Tessa Chapter 9
Hardin Chapter 10
Tessa Chapter 11
Hardin Chapter 12
Tessa Chapter 13
Hardin Chapter 14
Tessa Chapter 15
Hardin Chapter 16
Hardin Chapter 18
Tessa Chapter 19
Hardin Chapter 20
Tessa Chapter 21
Hardin Chapter 22
Tessa Chapter 23
Hardin Chapter 24
Tessa Chapter 25
Hardin Chapter 26
Tessa Chapter 27
Hardin Chapter 28
Tessa Chapter 29
Hardin Chapter 30
Tessa Chapter 31
Hardin Chapter 32
Tessa Chapter 33
Hardin Chapter 34
Tessa Chapter 35
Hardin Chapter 36
Tessa Chapter 37
Hardin Chapter 38
Tessa Chapter 39
Hardin Chapter 40
Tessa Chapter 41
Hardin Chapter 42
Tessa Chapter 43
Hardin Chapter 44
Tessa Chapter 45
Hardin Chapter 46
Tessa Chapter 47
Hardin Chapter 48
Tessa Chapter 49
Hardin Chapter 50
Tessa Chapter 51
Hardin Chapter 52
Tessa Chapter 53
Hardin Chapter 54
Tessa Chapter 55
Hardin Chapter 56
Tessa Chapter 57
Hardin Chapter 58
Tessa Chapter 59
Hardin Chapter 60

Tessa Chapter 17

2.1K 102 303
By sweet_day_dreams_

⚠️SENSITIVE CONTENT⚠️

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I have a cup of coffee before I get changed into some sweatpants and my sneakers, I pack up my suitcase and leave a hundred dollars bill tip for the housekeepers. They deserve more but at the moment that's what I can give.

I put on my jacket and grab my bags before I leave the room. I head to the lobby and wave goodbye to the bell boy who helped me with my bags before, I smile at the receptionist. When I get outside I wave at a cab driver, hopefully this one is nicer than the last.

I get in the car and this driver actually helps me put my suitcase in the back.

"Where to ma'am?"

Thank god.

"The bus station please."

"Ok, one bus station coming up."

He turns on the radio and starts singing along to the music, I can't help but laugh.

"You know what darlin, I got a daughter her name is Kenzie. You two look really similar."

He has thick Italian accent.

"Really?"

"Yeah, she's my little princess. That's why I'm working this taxi job, I'm trying to help her collect money for her to go to school. She's a dancer, a real ballerina. Here."

Her reaches back and hands me a flyer.

"She's dancing in a few weeks, it would be real nice if you came."

Aw.

"I'll see what I can do." I say sweetly.

That's so cute.

...

We get caught in a bit of traffic, I turn on my phone and see more calls from Kim. She's probably read the book, god. I can't deal with this now, I'll call her later.

I wonder what Hardin is doing for thanksgiving? He's gonna be all alone, again.

...

"Here you are, the bus station. Going anywhere fun for the holidays?"

"Just my parents house."

"Well I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving." He smiles.

"You too sir, how much do I owe you?"

"Oh it's fine, you don't have to pay me."

"No please, I insist."

"It's alright."

"Thank you so much, have an amazing day sir."

"You want help with your bags?"

"No it's ok, I can get them."

I grab my purse and get out of the cab before I grab my suitcase in the back, I wave at him while he drives away, he was so nice.

I've never taken a bus before, I walk towards the ticket booth and she scans my phone. Luckily I didn't need to print my ticket because she was able to scan it on my phone, gotta love technology.

"Your bus is boarding now, your seat is A18 bus 4."

"Thank you."

"Next in line."

Geez, I don't know why some people are so rude. But I guess I can't judge since I literally fell in love with the spawn of satan himself, but I guess the weird part is that I love that part about Hardin. He's rude and sarcastic but in the sexiest way possible, I don't know. I'm just crazy.

I look for bus 4, I get on and luckily there's barely any people on. I find my seat and slide my suitcase underneath before I sit down and put on my seatbelt, the bus starts moving and I'm so thankful that no one is sitting next to me. I put my purse in the open seat and pull out my phone and headphones, lately I've been listening to a lot of music. I never used to listen to this much music but every since Hardin and I broke up there's been this void I've been trying to fill. Music doesn't fill it but it does make the pain go away a bit, it's just nice to know I'm not the only stupid girl who fell in love with a bad boy in a leather jacket. Damn that sounds cheesy.

I shake my head.

I scroll through my very long list of sad music until I find "Favorite Crime" By~ Olivia Rodrigo, this song hits so close to home.

I close my eyes and rest my head on the window.

...

1 hour later.

...

After an hour of Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo I take out my headphones and pull out a book from my purse...............Hardins book.

Asshole.

I only read the one chapter, maybe I should read the whole thing?

No.

But...........maybe. I mean I've already read the worst chapter, it can't get worse than him explaining my rape in detail.

I wince at my choice of words.

I slowly open the book to the front page and start reading.

( Imagine Hardin is the one reading ;)

" I never thought that I would fall in love, hell I never imagined that there would be a person on this earth that would look at me and actually want something more from me then just sex. Now I know that's quite hypocritical to say because if you know me then you would know that my track record with women is.......not the best. I would pursue women for pleasure and they would purse me for the same, I never cared to look for anything farther with anyone because I knew that the only thing that would come out of it was pain. But that's all changed now. This book is our story, mine and hers. And if by some chance she is the one reading this I hope she knows that I love her more than anything in this entire universe, this one is for you baby."

I close the book and chew on my bottom lip, I don't know if I can read this. This isn't even the first chapter, this is just the introduction. Dear god.

I take a breath before I open the book to the first chapter.

"So there was this girl, and she was the most beautiful girl in the entire world. She had a smile that lit up a room and had a heart of gold, she was the best person in the world. And there was this guy, he was a real asshole. Everyone hated him, he hated himself. He wasn't sure there was much left to live for until he met her, and she completely flipped his world upside down. And at first he was in denial, he tried to push her away but she kept coming back. He was bitter and grumpy until she snuck her way inside his soul and consumed him entirely, and the moment he knew that he loved her was when he looked into her eyes and knew that he wanted her forever. Her name was Aurora, she was everything good that this word had to offer. His name was Hades, and as his name says he was everything bad this world had to offer. Every sin has been passed through him, he was troubled from the start. He never had it easy, he never had a mother to protect and love him or a father to teach him the ways of being a man. He had to learn everything alone, being so independent at a young age really ruins a child. But Aurora managed to fix all the wrong doings.

Aurora could fix any broke thing that fell into her hands, she could heal any wound and perfect any imperfection. It wasn't just her beauty that caught Hades's eyes, it was her overwhelming goodness that radiates off her body. The first moment he met her he was in a rather awkward situation and somehow she still managed to greet him with a smile, a smile that he didn't return. He often goes back on their distant days together and wishes that he was nicer to her, that he shook her hand when she offered it, that he smiled more and offered her a gentle grin rather than a scold.

But in order to tell this story the right way we must start from the beginning, it all started when Aurora moved into a tiny room that her and Hades would come to call a home. She was an eager young woman who was excited to get her taste of freedom, even thought her demons from the past were following behind her.

She walked into the room with a smile and Hades was doing what he did best, with a set of lips wrapped around his dick he looked up at Aurora and regret and embarrassment washed over himself but he would never admit that to anyone. He felt dirty, he knew that Aurora couldn't respect someone as low and shallow as himself, especially after seeing what he does with women. He quickly pushed away the woman that was supposed to please him, he made her leave and moments later Aurora walked back in with that same intoxicating smile from before. He was so shocked, he for sure thought that after catching him in the act that she would be disgusted with him but she wasn't, she extended her hand to shake.

I guess that was the moment that he was intrigued, she was different. She didn't wear clothes to compliment her fantastic figure, her face was bare and her natural beauty really showed. Her teeth were perfectly straight and her hair was was softly curled and parted down the middle, her honey and gold locks fell to her sides gently. But the part of her that will forever stick with Hades were her eyes.

He's seen blue eyes before but never in his whole life has he seen such a set of eyes like hers. They weren't blue but they were, they weren't green but he was specs of green in the ocean, they weren't hazel nor were they gray but it appeared that each time he would look at them he would find a new shade of blue that would become his favorite. He couldn't explain it to anyone, her eyes were the window to her soul and he could quit literally look into them forever. Whenever she wasn't looking he would always long at her, examine her face and memorize every ounce of her because he wasn't sure if she was real. He wasn't sure if the heavens were toying with him, that they would take her back.

And just like that, Hades, the man who swore to never fall in love caught himself falling head first for this girl. He fell so quickly that he couldn't believe it, he didn't know he could feel this way. He didn't think he was capable of loving someone but here he was, sketching pictures of her in his textbooks and writing about her at work. She appeared in his dreams and no matter how much he drank he couldn't stop thinking about the stubborn blond that took control of him. He couldn't stop thinking about the woman he loved, and a small part of him hoped that she was thinking about him too."

Oh my god.

I close the book and shove it back in my purse, suddenly I was rethinking my whole entire life.

His words, oh my god.

He loves me, he really loves me. And I told him I wish he dies, oh my god. I just can't believe this, he named me Aurora. I can't believe he remembered, we had a conversation about when we were children and I told him that my mom almost named me Aurora. I always loved that name.

He named himself Hades, the god of evil. Oh Hardin.

I can't believe he wrote that, that he wrote that about me. About us. I've always wondered what he thought of me, I mean I guess he did always tell me how much he loved me but I never knew how real it was. I had no idea that he paid such close attention to me the first time we met. That he thought about me just as much as I was thinking about him, Jesus I'm such an idiot.

I reach into my purse and pull out my phone, my finger hovers over Hardins name.

I shouldn't.

No.

I put my phone back and pick at my fingers.

My whole life is a mess and now im torn.

Do I hate him for what he did or do I love him. I mean I obviously love him but his book can't just change my mind like that, I mean yes I'm still mad and hurt for the bet and the book but.........the more I read the more the anger slips away from me. I mean his words were so strong and so heart touching, great. Now I'm a mess.

I rest my head on the window.

...

1 hour later.

...

The bus stops at a rest area and some of the passengers including me get off, I have to pee. I quickly use the bathroom and get back on the bus, I'm a bit hungry but I'll just eat at home.

Once everyone is back on, the bus starts driving again, I decide to take a nap.

...

1 hour later.

...

I get my suitcase and get off the bus, the Pennsylvania air hits my face and I feel at home, gosh I miss this place. It's cold in a beautiful way.

I take a cab to my parents house.

...

I stand on the front poach and hesitate to ring the doorbell, I knock instead and a few seconds my beautiful mother opens the door.

"Oh thank god. DAVID ITS TESSA."

I run into her arms and allow her warmth to warm up the coldness inside me, there's nothing better than a hug from your mom. She just makes me feel so safe.

"Hi mommy."

She pulls away and cups my face with her hands.

"Jesus, why haven't you answered any of my calls? I've been calling you for a week, I was worried sick Tessie."

"I know, I'm sorry. I've just been so busy with school and work."

Lie, you just lied to your mom Tessa.

She gives me a look and I know she doesn't believe me.

"We'll come inside, the weather man said it's supposed to start snowing soon."

I walk inside and my father walks down the stairs.

"Dad." I say desperately.

"Tessa."

I run into his arms.

"God I missed you guys." I mumble.

"Tessa where's Hardin?" My mother asks.

I knew it was coming, I pull away from my father and watch as they both stare at me waiting for an answer.

"He......he really wanted to be here but he couldn't come. He has a book coming out soon..........and they needed him at work."

LIE LIE LIE!

My mother examines my face clearly not believing me bullshit lie, my poor father on the other hand is easily convinced by anything.

"Well that's ok, there's alway next year." He says with a smile.

He pulls my mom in for a kiss.

"I'm gonna go down to the farmers market to pick up the turkey for tomorrow." My father says to my mom.

"Ok, be careful. The snow starts soon, and make sure you get a big turkey because your sister and Ted are coming tomorrow." She says.

"I know, I'll get you the biggest one Mary." She teases.

She scolds him before she walks into the kitchen, he puts on his winter boots and his jacket before he grabs the keys to his truck and heads out the door.

"Bye dad."

"Bye Tessie, how about we start building that engine today?"

"Sure."

"Cool beans." He says cheerfully.

I shake my head and laugh.

"Stop saying that dad, it's not cool."
I tease.

"I'm always cool."

We both laugh before he leaves, I walk into the kitchen and wash my hands. I sit on a stool by the counter and watch while my mom peels potatoes.

"You hungry honey?" She asks.

"Just a bit."

She hands me a plate with lasagna.

"So, now that your father is gone. Are you gonna tell me what happened between you and Hardin?"

Great.

"Nothing happened, he's at work." I say.

"Tessa you can fool your father but you can't fool me, I gave birth to you remember. I pushed you out of my.."

"Ok mom, can we not talk about that please."

She puts her hands on her hips and scolds me.

"Tessa we are all adults here, don't act like you and Mr dream boat with the sexy black car and tattoos haven't had sex."

I cover my ears with my hands.

"Mom we are not talking about this, please." I beg.

"Fine whatever, I'll get the truth out of you eventually. I mean when I talked to Hardin he seemed completely terrified he.."

"Wait, you talked to Hardin?"

"Yeah, he was acting weird."

I cover my face with my hands.

"Mom!"

"Don't "Mom" me, you weren't answering so I had to call him."

I shake my head.

"Where's Jerry?" I ask.

"Poor thing, he was throwing up all night. He's at the vet, your dads gonna pick him up on the way home. But don't change the subject, what happened between you and Hardin?"

I lightly tug at my hair.

"Mom I'm kinda tired, I'm gonna head upstairs and unpack. I need all my energy for the little cousins tomorrow."

"Ok, we will talk later. I changed your sheets and vacuumed."

"Thanks mom."

I leave the kitchen and grab my suitcase, I bring it upstairs and walk down the hall until I reach my room. I hesitate to open my door.

I finally gain the courage and open the door, it's still the same.

Im hit with so many memories, I feel like crying. But the worst part is that I don't want to cry because of what happened with Nick, I want to cry because of what happened with Hardin.

Hardin and I had sex in this bed, he kissed my tears away while we made love in this bed. And now I have to sleep here alone, alone and with the thought of him.

God.

...

I take a warm shower and try not to think too much about Hardin but it's hard when every part of this house has memories of him. I put on some pajamas and get in bed, I turn off the lights and close my eyes. I clutch one of the pillows in my arms and imagine that it's him, pathetic I know.

...

Next Day! ITS THANKSGIVING!

...

I slowly walk downstairs and I'm greeted by Jerry.

"Hey boy, oh I missed you."

He wags his tail and licks my face, I rub his stomach and kiss his head before I walk into the kitchen where I catch my parents together. They each drink a cup of coffee while I mom rests her head on my fathers chest, he has one arm around her waist.

All I want is a love like theirs.

"Morning." I say quietly.

Both their eyes dart to me and they smile.

"Happy Thanksgiving." They say in unison.

"Happy Thanksgiving." I say.

They pull me into a hug, I jump up and sit on the counter. My mother hands me a mug of coffee, the whole house smells amazing. My mother's cooking is already amazing but her thanksgiving food is to die for.

"So Uncle Ted, Aunt Stacy and the twins are getting here at 4 and we are eating at 6." My mother says.

I look at the clock and see that it's 12.

"Ok, I'll be ready. You need help cooking?"

"No, you know I love the challenge. But when you're done getting dressed I would appreciate if you could set the table."

"Of course."

My mother smiles before she kissed my fathers cheek and goes back to cooking.

"You ready to watch the thanksgiving football game Tessie?" I father asks.

"I was born ready, and I can't wait to see the Patriots lose to the GIANTS!" I tease.

He shakes his head.

"No no no, the Patriots will win." He says.

I extend my hand.

"I bet you fifty they lose." I say.

He shakes my head.

"You're on, I'm gonna by your mom a new coffee maker with that money."

I roll my eyes.

"Yeah right dad."

We both laugh while we walk into the living room, I sit on the couch and Jerry climbs into my lap. My father sits in his lounge chair and turns on the Tv, I finish my coffee while I pet Jerry.

I missed this, being home. I might not leave, stuff is just so much better here.

...

"HA! 24 to 12, the Patriots are gonna win." My father gloats.

I shake my head.

"We still have another half dad, don't get cocky."

I slowly get up.

"I'm gonna go start getting ready for dinner."

"Ok." He says with a smile.

I place my cup in the sink and wash it before I dry my hands and put the mug away, I kiss my mother's cheek and run upstairs. Jerry follows me upstairs and lays on my bed.

I open my suit case and pull out the dress I planned on wearing and my boots, I wasn't planning on even getting dressed up but my mom always goes all out on thanksgiving and I don't want to spoil it for her.

...

I quickly shower before I change into my dress, it's this beautiful cream color. It's like a giant sweater, I pair it with black thigh high boots. I look in the mirror.

Good enough, I turn around.

"What do you think Jerry? Do I look fabulous?"

He barks.

"Good boy."

I kiss his head before I walk into the bathroom.

I put on a bit of makeup before I put my hair up in a low bun, I pull out some hair to frame my face and curl my over grown bangs. I need a hair cut, badly.

I put on some baby hoops that compliment my necklace he gave me before I leave the bathroom, I sit on the edge of my bed and pet Jerry. My phone starts to buzz.

It's Kim.

I can't ignore her forever.

I sigh.

I answer.

"Hallelujah! She's alive! I almost printed out lost Tessa posters and put you on milk cartons, girl why haven't you answered your damn phone?"

"I'm sorry, a lot has happened."

I hear her sigh over the phone.

"How's Disney?" I ask.

"The trip was canceled because of the snow, I'm still in New York. Where are you?"

"I'm in Pennsylvania, I'm with my parents. I'm sorry about your trip being canceled."

"It's alright, we'll just go another time. How are things with Hardin?" She asks.

"Uhhh.........I don't know, a mess."

I nervously giggle.

"I'm sorry girl." She says.

"It's ok, but can I ask you a favor?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Well it's thanksgiving.............Hardin is probably at the apartment all alone.......can you just check on him for me, I just wanna make sure he's ok."

I know it's a lot to ask for.

"Yeah, I'll swing by on my way to the bakery."

"Thank you so much Kim I really appreciate it."

"Tessa! Your aunt is here!" My mother calls.

"Coming!" I answer back.

"I'm sorry Kim, I gotta go."

"It's ok, go. I'll make sure the big baby is ok."

"Thanks, happy thanksgiving."

"Happy Thanksgiving."

I hang up the phone and leave it up here, I open the bedroom door and Jerry and I walk downstairs. I see my uncle Ted and Aunt Stacy, I haven't seen them in ages. I greet then each with a hug.

"My goodness Tessa, you're gorgeous." My aunt says.

"Thanks auntie."

I smile.

"TESSIE!"

I look down and see Chad and Brad, I kneel down and both twins run into my arms.

"God, you guys are getting so big." I say.

"Look, I lost a tooth." Chad says.

He opens his mouth and shows me the hole, that's the second time a kid has shown me a lost tooth. I miss Sam.

"Wow."

I stand back up, they hang their coats. The boys and my uncle walk into the living room and watch the football game with my father, my aunt and I walk into the kitchen. My mom is wearing this beautiful red dress and her church heels, my mom is absolutely stunning.

"So, Tessie. Where is this dream boat your mom won't shut up about? I'm excited to meet the man that "has my Tessie head over heels"."

I scold my mother.

"Oh, Hardin. He's at work sadly, he was super busy so he couldn't make it." I say.

"Well that's a shame, I was excited to meet him. Hopefully he's free on Christmas."

"Yeah."

Christmas, dear god this lie is just getting bigger. I'll have to tell them we broke up eventually, but I don't want to.

...

My mom finishes cooking and her and my aunt gossip about my other aunt that everyone hates, I set the table. Once I'm done I realize that I accidentally set an extra seat, I'm too lazy to fix it.

...

Few hours later.

...

I help my mother bring all the food to the table.

"Wow mom, everything looks amazing."

"She's right Mary, you make my cooking look like trash." My aunt adds.

"Oh stop it you guys, you're gonna make me cry."

We hug her.

"Tessie get the boys please." My mom says.

I walk into the living room.

"Dinner is ready boys."

My uncle gets up.

"I told you the Giants would win David." He says to my father.

"HA! You owe me fifty bucks dad." I taunt.

I high-five my uncle. My father shakes his head before he stands up, the twins run into the dinning room.

...

We all sit down and I long at the empty seat next to me.

"Ok everyone, let's say grace." My mother says.

We all hold hands and close our eyes when I hear a knock at the door.

"Now who would that be?" My mother asks.

"I'll get it." I say.

Maybe some early Christmas carolers?

I stand up and walk over to the door, I open it and that's when I stop breathing.

He looks at me and I look at him and I'm left in shock, he holds up a bouquet of roses and a bottle of champagne. He looks so good.

He's dressed up and he looks so perfect, he's freshly shaved and he's in formal clothes.

"I missed you." He says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163 23 3
BROKEN, A true life story of Pain, Betrayal, Forgiveness & Love. Mildred falls in love at a very young age, faces lots of challenges trying to fight...
25.8K 1.3K 48
8 years .... 8 years since that tragedy took place in her life and ruined her completely furthermore helped her achieve everything in her life she ha...
6.9K 215 6
Tessa Young and Hardin Scott had finally gotten their happy ending after two long years apart. They were eager to start the family that they'd been d...
14.8K 565 41
Tessa is an young and brilliant girl who loves to study. Hardin is the bully from her school and bullies Tessa since his mother passed away. Before...