Nyx's Care (Percy Jackson Fan...

By TheAuroraLights

Nyx is interested in a certain demigod. Who is that demigod and what will she do? Will she act on a whim or w... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter One

64.6K 986 1.7K
By TheAuroraLights

This is very very poor of me to have so many stories, which means harder working. It's my fault for being so creative. I have a backlog on my ipod where I have thought of so many ideas and got sidetracked writing ideas down for hours on just one. I suppose it's time I admitted that I have tons of ideas and I am going insane! My notes on my ipod is cluttered with tons of writings. Enjoy my lovely readers!

Chapter One: The Night Is Never Cold Hearted.

Point of view: Third Person

Nyx watches the scene she views through the shadows sadly. Ever since she saw the boy, she felt just how pure and important he was. He shouldn't be treated like this. 

She watches as he comes upon the girl he loves cheating on him in the most horrible way possible. The velvet box containing the best ring ever made drops out of his hand, its beauty forgotten by Percy. He silently walks away with a stoic expression and heads deeper into the woods. 

Nyx decides to do something and uses the shadows to get to the place where Perseus Jackson is. When she steps out, Percy just looks at her with no emotion. 

"Lady Nyx. Never thought I'd see you again. I am sorry about the first time we met. Forgive my rudeness and trickery. You can kill me if you want. I don't care." Percy speaks in a dead voice to which Nyx flinches from hearing. 

Nyx shakes her head and walks up to the fearless boy she has watched since he escaped her in Tartarus. "No, I have kept my eye on you since that moment in time when you got away from me. You are so vital to the world that destiny warps around you. Pure, innocent, loving, loyal, but most of all without a single speck of greed or arrogance. Will you come with me to my Mansion? You will not be harmed, I would love to have your company." She smiles. 

Percy calculates her under his void mask. "My company? After what happened? Are you sure?" 

Nyx holds out her hand with a warm smile. Percy grasps it and Nyx pulls him forward and into her unlikely warm embrace. "I am positive young child. We will have so much fun. I guarantee you will love spending the rest of your life with my children and I. We will love each other in many ways but one." 

Percy looks up at her and smiles weakly. "So you saw what she was doing?" 

Nyx kisses his cheek. "Indeed I did. What a horrid thing to do to such a wonderful young man. You no longer need to worry about betrayal. It won't happen where we are going." 

Percy buries his head in her shoulder and Nyx holds him closer. She and Percy meld into the shadows and reappear in the room that Nyx uses as a throne room, though she hardly uses it. She only does that when people come to visit. She walks along with Percy and asks him about his life before Tartarus and knowing he was a demigod. 

"I don't want to talk about it." Percy whispers upset. 

"Why ever not?" Nyx says. 

"Maybe you weren't watching while it happened, but my mother cast me out recently, same with the man she is marrying. I don't like mortals or immortals. I'm a child of both, well was a child of both. I'm just a boy who doesn't have a place in the world. I don't have anybody. No parents, no family, no friends. I have lost everything and I can't feel anything anymore." Percy tells her. 

Nyx had gasped at his first sentence. "A mother knows never to abandon her child. I am so sorry." Nyx says. She takes one of his hands in hers as they walk. He lets her hold it and Nyx smiles at that. 

"It's okay. I've gotten used to it." Percy tells her. 

"Well it's not okay and you won't have to worry about it now. I want you to meet my children. I'm sure they'll love you." Nyx says.

"Okay. Not like I have anything else to do." Percy agrees and follows her into a huge living/family room. 

Every single one of Nyx's children are here, including Aether and Hemera. "Alright everybody. Calm down now. Be quiet so the child may introduce himself." Nyx speaks and all attention turns to the two of us at the doorway. 

"We know who he is. What are you doing here little one?" Aether walks up to Percy. 

Percy just looks at Nyx and then at the ground. He doesn't speak and Nyx frowns. "I brought the boy here. You must all know his story as of late. It is a tragic one." 

"All heroes live tragic lives. What makes his so important?" A dark child asks. 

"Nothing. I'm not important. I don't even know why I was born if this was going to be the end result." Percy says depressively at the floor. 

Hemera comes forward. "Everyone is important. But what makes you so special our mother would take such an interest in you?" She sets her hands on his shoulders. 

"Nothing! I'm not special or important. I'm not worth anything!" Percy shrugs out from underneath her and removes his hand from Nyx's as he turns and runs off. 

Nyx stares sadly after Percy. "Find him please Hemera. He has been torn to shreds on the inside."

Hemera nods and smiles sweetly at her mother. She hugs her and takes off after Percy.

Aether looks at his mother. "Will you show us what all has gone wrong for the boy?" 

Nyx nods and uses the shadows to make the scenes appear, including the one where his mother disowns him. 

"Great, I had to see it again. Just perfect." Comes a sarcastic and dead voice. 

Nyx whirls around and faces Percy as he stares at the ground in depression. Hemera has her arm looped through his. She brings him over to Nyx. "I'm sorry, but they needed to know." 

"Not like it matters now." Percy mutters. 

"Hey, I thought I got you to be happy." Hemera huffs angrily. 

"I'm not a happy person." Percy tells her and Hemera sighs. 

Nyx transfers all the things that happened to him through a mind link. Hemera gasps and runs straight into Aether's arms crying her heart out. Aether rubs her back, his own sadness on his face. All of Nyx's children are looking upon Percy sadly, not believing how much he had endured and for so long, only to have his last hope broken into millions of millions of unfixable pieces. 

"Would you like to stay with my family and I forever Perseus?" Nyx asks. 

Percy looks up at her with shattered eyes that have lost the gleam in them, Nyx suppresses a gasp and forces a smile. Percy's lost eyes search Nyx's darker than obsidian eyes. He looks at her for a long time and when he looks at the floor, he thinks on it for even longer. 

"I will." Percy whispers almost inaudibly, but everyone heard him. 

Nyx brightens and asks a question that both terrifies Percy and warms his obliterated heart. "Will you be my son?"

"Mother will always be there for you. She would never hurt you like they have." Hemera sniffles. 

Percy looks at Hemera and then at Nyx longingly. "Yes." He says even quieter. 

Nyx becomes ecstatic. She puts a hand over his heart and he is surrounded by a black aura of power. "Now you are just like any of my dark children. Fully powered dark user. You are fully immortal too. I'm so glad you accepted." 

Hemera comes over and hugs Percy. "Would you like my blessing?" Hemera whispers. 

Percy tentatively returns the hug. "Why?" He asks her. 

"It feels right somehow." Aether tells him. 

Percy nods and both Aether and Hemera bless him. Then Nyx offers something Percy never expected,"Will you be my Champion and Protector?" 

Percy thinks it over as Hemera pulls away from him. "I'll do it." He says. 

Nyx squeals in delight and crushes Percy in a hug. Percy is blessed and his power increases one hundred fold. His already pitch black hair darkens even farther that it looks purple. His sea green eyes turn white. His skin becomes a creamy, snowy white. 

In other words, he looks like Nyx and nothing like Poseidon. Nyx still hugs Percy tightly. "Why do I feel like a Protector isn't the right word?" Percy's asks her. 

"More like you are her Guardian." Aether smiles at Percy. 

As soon as the last word comes out of Aether's mouth, black leather armor appears on Percy with a raven black cloak settled on his shoulders. White streaks accent the armor all over and the symbols of Aether and Hemera are present in white over the heart of Percy's armor. Nyx's symbol is displayed in a rich, violent violet color on the back of Percy's cloak and right over his heart above her two children's symbols. They are tiny, but you can make them out. The one on the cloak is medium sized so it doesn't dominate the cloak. White patterns adorn the edges of the cloak and its hood. The patterns show creeping shadows and rays of sunlight in great detail for being so small. 

The armor covers all the skin of Percy's body except from his fingertips to his massive shoulders. He holds his now decorated arms out. Chain tattoos crawl up his arms from wrist to shoulder. The right arm has pitch black chains outlined in white while his left arm has pure white chains outlined in black. 

Everybody stares at him and he just stares back. Aether and Hemera make him their Champion and Percy's white irises glow with power. 

"It looks like your eyes are completely white, but thanks to the thick black ring around your irises, that is not the case. And your irises have a more glassy white to them and are tinted, while the whites of your eyes are normal. You can tell the difference." Hemera muses. 

"Well look again dear, they are being mixed with mother's violet. It looks like a whirlpool of swirls coinciding with each other instead of fighting against one another." Aether says. 

"Why do I sense a new presence of greater power?! It has grown stronger than it already was!" A dark voice comes from the door. 

"Relax brother, I only claimed a new son, Champion, and Guardian. Aether and Hemera claimed him as their Champion as well." Nyx says while smiling hugely at Percy. 

"Your jaw line is more prominent and your muscles are more defined. Were you trying to hide how powerful you are?" Aether notices with shock. 

"I don't like power." Percy whispers in a small voice. He drops his arms and the cloak covers everything, including all the way down to the middle of his shins. The hood isn't drawn and Tartarus enters the room. 

"Who are you child?" Tartarus asks. 

"May I name you? You don't want your old name do you? It holds too much pain. We can see it in your eyes." Nyx holds Percy's hands to her chest, but only his arms stick out and the cloak continues to hide Percy's body. 

Percy smiles warmly and nods. "Name me whatever you want. You've given me so much. I'll never be able to repay you." 

"I'll name you Oath." Nyx says and Percy smiles in understanding. 

"Okay, I shall now be known as Oath. I rid myself of my past and take on my new life as part of our family." Percy tells her kindly. 

"Why Oath?" Hemera inquires. 

"My loyalty is an oath to those who have earned it. It is pure and unswerving. Those who lose it feel a loss. Those who gain it feel loved. I won't ever betray any who hold my loyalty no matter what happens. Which is why my words aren't ever lies unless to protect the ones I'm closest to. I am an oath by myself." Percy looks at her fondly. 

"Olympus has lost the one who loved them so. All because they could not watch over him and protect him from the wrath he did not deserve. He did nothing wrong and no they are starting to realize what they are missing. They feel the pang of loss, grief, and loneliness. Just like Oath did at his former life's betrayal. His fatal flaw is a blessing and a curse. It effects him when it goes awry, but now that it is healed the ones who did the betraying feel it." Nyx says and wraps an arm around Percy's shoulders. 

"I have a hunch on who you were boy. Were you the hero Perseus Jackson?" Tartarus speaks to Percy. 

"I was." Percy nods. 

Tartarus studies the new appearance and just sighs. He places a hand on Percy's shoulder and Percy doesn't even flinch away. He seems at ease with the dark entity's touch. Tartarus asks a question with his eyes and Percy smiles slightly at him in answer. Percy glows a deep purplish black and Nyx smiles at her brother lovingly. 

"Thank you brother." Nyx hugs Tartarus. 

Tartarus just hugs her back in response as Percy continues to be wrapped in the inky dark shadows. They cocoon around him until no one can see him. When the darkness sinks into Percy, they see that Percy doesn't look any different, but his armor has Tartarus's symbol over his heart and Percy touches his back where his Achilles Heel once was. 

"Why is it there? Why does it feel like it's growing?" Percy looks at Tartarus. 

Tartarus grins. "My symbol appears on a place of your spine. It's on the small of your back. You'll find that it has crooked branches crawling up your back. They represent the souls of the Pit who always want out."

Percy looks at Tartarus and then shares his grin. "Interesting." 

"What powers does he have from your blessing?" Nyx asks curiously.

"I have no idea. None of my children have any of my powers and I've never blessed anybody before. He'll need to figure it out and tell me so I do know. It would be nice." Tartarus hints at Percy with his last sentence. 

Percy does something the Primordial of the Pit did not expect from the hero. Percy bear hugs Tartarus and it takes a minute before Tartarus hugs him back, a small smile forming on his face. "I will uncle." Percy tells him in a voice that promises everything he does will benefit those he loves. 

"Good, nephew. You are my Champion now. I've never had one before. Perhaps it shall be fun." Tartarus muses. 

Percy laughs and it sounds like music to everyone else. They all look at him. "Can you sing?" Hemera asks hopefully. 

Percy blushes a deep golden color at the immortal Ichor running through his veins. Hemera giggles at his expense and starts pleading with him to sing. 

"I'm not very good." Percy says. 

"Oh bull. Come on. Let us hear. We will decide." Aether smiles at Percy. 

"Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.

B-B-B-Be careful making wishes in the dark, dark

Can't be sure when they've hit their mark

And besides in the mean, mean time

I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart

I'm in the de-details with the devil

So now the world can never get me on my level

I just gotta get you off the cage

I'm a young lover's rage

Gonna need a spark to ignite

My songs know what you did in the dark

So light 'em up, up, up

Light 'em up, up, up

I'm on fire

So light 'em up, up, up

Light 'em up, up, up

I'm on fire

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.

In the dark, dark

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.

In the dark, dark

All the writers keep writing what they write

Somewhere another pretty vein just dies

I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see

That you’re the antidote to everything except for me, me

A constellation of tears on your lashes

Burn everything you love, then burn the ashes

In the end everything collides

My childhood spat back out the monster that you see

My songs know what you did in the dark

So light 'em up, up, up

Light 'em up, up, up

I'm on fire

So light 'em up, up, up

Light 'em up, up, up

I'm on fire

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.

In the dark, dark

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.

In the dark, dark

My songs know what you did in the dark

(My songs know what you did in the dark)

So light 'em up, up, up

Light 'em up, up, up

I'm on fire

So light 'em up, up, up

Light 'em up, up, up

I'm on fire

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.

In the dark, dark

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.

In the dark, dark

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa." Percy just looks down at the ground after he's done and waits for the embarrassing remarks. 

Nyx hugs him and he hugs her back without hesitation now. "Beautiful." Nyx whispers. "I haven't heard such a magnificent voice since the old days."

Percy blushes deeper than before and it's noticeable due to his new freshly fallen snow skin. "I loved it!" Hemera announces loudly. 

Nyx pulls away and turns toward the doorway expectantly. A man comes in that looks a little bit like Tartarus. Percy watches the man intently and looks for any signs of danger. 

"Who is this wife?" The man turns to Night confused. "Hello brother." He greets Tartarus. 

"My name is Oath, Lord Erebus." Percy tells him in his musical voice. 

Erebus raises an eyebrow. "Strange name. Any reason for it?"

"Mother named me." Percy answers happily. 

Nyx smiles and Erebus notices. "Please tell me you did not have an affair or that I was out of it." Erebus looks at Nyx suspiciously. 

"Neither. He's newly adopted and christened." Nyx rolls her eyes. 

Erebus relaxes and returns his attention to Percy. "Why did she name you? Did you have no name before?" 

"I had one. But it is irrelevant now." Percy replies. 

"May I know it?" Erebus asks. 

"Perseus Jackson, my lord." Percy tells him with hate infused in his old name.

Erebus bursts into laughter. "My wife has been watching you for quite some time now. I know everything as well the shadows of the dark hear and see all. I am sorry for your losses little one." 

Percy glares at Erebus, surprising the deity. "I don't care anymore. They can rot in hell for all eternity. Let them be damned." 

"I see it cost you a great deal of pain to go through all of that, but my wife, sibling, and children have lessened it or at least have it held at bay." Erebus tells him. "You'll explode soon enough."

"Who cares? At least I'm down here where I can take my anger out on monsters." Percy growls darkly. 

Erebus holds his hands up in surrender. "Whoa there. I didn't mean any offense by it. You're doing pretty good at keeping that pain locked away. I wonder how you do it so easily." 

Percy softens greatly. "Because it is in my past and I have given up my previous life. I am no longer bound to any of those people. My pain isn't necessary because I do not care for those people. In time it will dissipate completely and only rage at being able to do that to a person who has given everything will remain. It will be easy enough for me to contain." 

Erebus raises an eyebrow at the vast changes in his mood so quickly. But realizes that all the boy is is a forgiving and caring child. "And my wife claimed you did she?" 

"Yes. She is my mother." Percy smiles. 

Erebus walks closer to where he towers over Percy by half a foot. Percy looks straight up at him. "But you don't have a father?" He requires of Percy. 

"No." Percy shakes his head. He's fine with it. 

"Would you like me to be your father?" Erebus asks. 

Percy just stares at Erebus. "Sure." He relents and Erebus smiles, but then frowns. 

"For me to claim you might be painful for you." Erebus warns. 

Percy raises an eyebrow. "Then get on with it. The sooner the better." 

Erebus grins. "I like you." He says and then plunges his hand into Percy's midsection. Percy becomes enshrouded by darkness and when it disappears, Erebus pulls his hand out of Percy. 

Percy's eyes are closed for a few minutes before they snap open, revealing a twinkling light that makes Erebus smile. He recognizes the light as wonder and determination. His symbol appears on the heart of the armor and on the back of his cloak next to his wife's. 

"Did it hurt?" Nyx asks worried. 

"No. It just felt funny." Percy explains. 

"Guilty." Tartarus raises his hand sheepishly. 

"Huh?" Erebus looks at Tartarus befuddled. 

"I think that might be my blessing at work. I sensed he had a high tolerance already, but it might have increased it to unimaginable heights." Tartarus explains. 

Nyx hugs Tartarus and then the three older Primordials start chatting. Aether and Hemera start to talk with Percy. 

"We will let you explore your abilities. Much like uncle Tartarus, we don't know what all we gave you with our blessings." Aether says. 

"Hmm?" Percy asks. He was lost in thought. "Sorry. Erebus didn't mention he made me his Champion and Guardian too. I was wondering why. It's nice to know I'll have to learn what the powers are that you gave me. Thank you." 

Hemera smiles. "You seem distracted. What by?" 

Percy smiles at her warmly. "Father is right, the shadows see and hear all. I was listening to the gods freaking out about my absence. Today is the Winter Solstice. They'll be having a meeting. I believe Poseidon is weeping. It brings me joy to know he has seen his mistake. I will not return to being his. I'm happy to be the son of Dark and Night. I finally found what I have been missing for so long. I think that deep down I knew what was going to happen once I stepped foot into this world. I'm just glad my suffering by their hands is over."

Hemera smiles. "Will you ever forgive them?" 

"Maybe in time, but that won't stop me from hating what they can do after someone has given them everything. I might forgive their sins, but I won't ever grow close to them again. Not ever. They lost that when I was abandoned. My flaw is very specific. It may be forgiving, but betrayal is crossing the line. Luke never wanted to betray Annabeth and I knew that. He was just hurt and lost, which is why Olympus is still here. My forgiveness is what saved them. Gaea underestimated my loyalty. The strength it gave me got her killed. I don't take threats to those I love lightly. Especially those kind of threats. Though I understand why she attacked, I was on the side of the gods for a better reason. Now I'm not. If they fall, then so be it." Percy tells her.  

"It's nice to know you care for us. You should visit us in our realm." Aether grins. 

"Won't my presence make those who dwell there uncomfortable?" Percy asks. 

"You have our blessings. Light and Day." Aether points out. 

"Yeah, but I also have the blessings Dark, Night, and Pit. Tartarus is also Punishment. That might deter a few people." Percy counters. 

"That doesn't matter. They visit us from time to time. You are welcome in our home." Hemera tells Percy. 

All ears have tuned in to their conversation. "Okay. How do I get there?"

"Shadow travel, light travel. I think you might be able to light travel." Aether muses. "We do have shadows up there, just not complete dark like the Mansion of Night. Mother has fires here to cast some light." 

"True. But I have a feeling I will be busy working for mother." Percy says. 

"Yes, you probably will. But you are all of our Champion. You'll be running all over the place brother." Aether grins. 

"Good. It's better than lazing around." Percy grins back. 

Aether laughs along with Hemera while she giggles. "Yes it is." Hemera gets out between giggles. 

"Oath, let us go visit their little council meeting. I am eager to hear them." Nyx smiles and holds out her hand to Percy. 

Percy pulls up his hood and his face becomes shrouded in shadows from the mouth up. He takes Nyx's hand lightly, but firmly and they shadow travel into the throne room. They hide in the shadows as they listen. 

I got new music!!!!!!!!EEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. See ya later gators, my lovely readers!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

816 30 11
Meet Y/N Kagneo, Son of Zeus. Annabeth's first demigod friend, at first he's like an older brother to him...until she develops a crush on him...what...
34.2K 722 17
Three years after the war against Perfection, the demigods find things to be much more calm than it was before even the recent Titan War. Between an...
2.2K 86 51
Steph is confused. She finds herself in a strange camp surrounded by people who claim to be her family (on the godly side) when only yesterday she wa...
349K 6.2K 19
After the war with Gaea, and the wizarding world defeated Voldemort the Big Three are sent on a quest as a favour from Chiron to his old friend Dumbl...