Hikayat ✔

By AJawaid

Hikayat (Completed✔) 'It's better to fight for what you love than stay silent and regret forever. But if who... More

You Will Be Missed
New Cover
Authors Note
Character Aesthetics (or whatever they call it 😂)
Character Aesthetics (New)
Prologue
Chapter. 1
Chap. 2
Chap. 3
Chap. 4
Chap. 5
Chap. 6
Chap. 7
Chap. 8
Chap. 9
Chap. 10
Chap. 11
Chap. 12
Chap. 13
Chap. 14
Chap. 15
Chap. 16
Chap. 17
Chap. 18
Chap. 19
Chap. 20
Chap. 21
Chap. 22
Chap. 23
Chap. 24
Chap. 25
Chap. 26
Chap. 27
Chap. 28
chap. 29
Chap. 29 (part 2)
Chap. 30
Chap. 31
Chap. 32
Chap. 33
Chap. 34
Chap. 35
Chap. 36
Chap. 36 (Part 2)
Chap. 37
Chap. 37 (Part 2)
Chap. 38
Chap. 38 (part 2)
Chap. 39
Chap. 40
Chap. 41
Chap. 41 (part2)
Chap. 42
Chap. 43
Chap. 44
Chap. 45
Chap. 46
Chap. 47
Chap. 48
Chap. 49
Chap. 50
Chap. 51
Chap. 52
Chap. 53
Chap. 54
Chap. 54 (part-2)
Chap. 55
Epilogue
Maryum & Imaad one shot (Bonus #1)

Bonus Chapter #2

2.1K 165 181
By AJawaid

To new beginnings,

And when I was lonely
You held my hand,
Guided me through the darkness
In the lates of the night.

My heart's yearning,
You're a pleasure divine.
Unbeknowst to me settled deep in my mind.
You're not just a companion,
You're my everything.

From
Bitter sweet endings,
To wilder
new beginnings.....

.................................................................

Ayaan rubbed his hands together feeling the sweaty palms slip over eachother and huffed out a sigh feeling his tensed muscles ache.

The door of the labour room swung open and he jumped up to his feet at the sound of the rubber scrubs squeaking against the tiled floor.

"Ho gaya kiyaa?" he asked urgently.

"Ufff Allah!!!!" Airaa slapped a gloved hand upon her forehead and shook her head.

"Airaa batao naa?" he insisted

"Ayaan?! Bachey ho koi tum yaar?! It's a baby! Apney time per aye gaa... Beth jaou araam se!" Airaa uttered, arms flailing as she exaggerated.

"Yaarrr ghantey se yahi keh rhi ho! Araam se beth jao.. araam se beth jao! Nhi bethaa jaa raha naa! Itni tension ho rhi hai mujhe kiyaa bataoun! Thandey pasiney aa rhay hain!" Ayaan complained distraught.

"Allah Ayaan!! Kuch sharam ker lo! Woh dekho Harris chup se betha! He is the father or uss ki ek awaaz bhi nhi aa rhi, jab keh tumne pura hospital sar pe uthaya hua hai!" Airaa said pointing at the silent Harris sitting on the plastic chair at the far end of the corridor.

His elbows rested on his knees and his hands clapsed together supporting his head. He had his eyes closed and his lips moved in quiet prayer as his scared heart drummed in his ears.

"Yaar woh Harris hai naa..." Ayaan groaned, irritated at the same time awwed by Harris's patience and silence.

"Tum bhi seekh lo kuch! Ek kaam kaha thaa kuch khilaa do ussey woh bhi nhi kiya!" She huffed putting her hands on her hips glaring up at him.

"Le ke aya thaa main! Bhai sahab ne khaya nhi... Ab main usko niwala bana ker toh khila nhi sakta, naa woh itnaa achaa hai keh khaa le... Phir main khud hi khaa gaya.... Airaaa mujhe tension ho rhi hai bohat! Aur kitnaa wait karna parey ga?" He spoke fast in a single breath.

Airaa hardly fought her smile and looked down at her shoes to keep a stoic face.

She hadn't slept since the last 48 hours and it was taking a toll on her. Her job to asist the leading Gynecologist of Karachi was seemingly simple but God it was tiring.

Only after working in the labour ward do you realize how many babies are born each day and damn it's a tough job.

Vania had been admitted an hour ago after her contractions started and Maniha khala sat besides her in the labour room praying for her while Harris and Ayaan were made to sit outside.

Airaa as an aspiring gynecologist was learning a lot with Dr. Shireen but the woman was working her hard.

She sighed again and placed her hands on Ayaan's shoulder.

"Idher dekho.. It's going to be fine! Okay! Kuch bhi nhi hogaa ussey InshaAllah, tum please itna pareyshan nhi ho." she coaxed him softly.

He breathed out, forehead still creased and his fearful caramels met Airaa's tired mossy greens.

"Trust me Ayaan. Main hun naa!" She leaned further urging him and he nodded lightly.

"chalo mujhe Harris se milney do phir wapis jana hai..." she squeezed his hand and he pulled her in a side hug.

"Okay." he whispered then reluctantly let go.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..........

"Harris, mujhse promise karo jo bhi hogaa... Tum humarey baby ko kabhi akele nhi choro ge.... uskey liye sari duniya se laro ge jaisey mere liye lartey ho. Kabhi usko apney se alag nhi karo ge naa? Pyaar karo ge ussey?"
Vania sniffed softly holding his fingers close to her lips as she murmured softly for his ears only.

A lump formed in his throat and he had a hard time thinking of his reply.

Thinking of life without her was not impossible but it was excruciatingly painful. So much, that he felt his heart was being carved out of his chest.

He tightened his arms around her shoulders hidding his face in the crook of her neck.

"Ayse nhi socho Vani... Kuch nhi hoga tumheyn Airaa said Dr. Shireen is best. Dekhna, hum sab saath hongey...   Tum, main, or yeh.."

Ever so gently his hand slid to her stomach and she sucked in a deep breath feeling her tears seep through her lashes.

"Promise?" Vania whispered.

"Promise!"

He answered then kissed the falling tears taking away all her fears with them.
.............
.
.
.

"Harris?"

Airaa's soft voice called him out of his trance and the blinding white walls of the hospital slowly came into view as the dark interior of his bedroom evaporated back into memory.

He blinked twice before raising his head.

"Hmmm?" he questioned not trusting his voice.

Airaa understood though, living with Ayaan had made her sensitive to other's emotions and her job covered for where he left off.

Tentatively she sat down next to him removing the surgical mask and breathing in.

"Allah pe bharosa rakho Harris, sab theek ho gaa." she said with a kind smile.

Swallowing hard he nodded his head and turned to her, "Kaisi hai woh abhi?"

His voice shook ever so slightly and Airaa felt a pang in her heart for the woman in the labour room.

Pursing her lips she smiled wider, "Bilkul theek hai. Everything is going perfectly fine! Her pulse is good and so is the baby's, tumney itnaa khayal rakhaa hai usska bss ab thora saa aur sabr karlo."

She placed a hand on his shoulder and patted him reassuringly then got up to go back in.

'Tum ne itnaa khayala rakha hai.....'

The statement sent him down the memory lane reminding him off how exactly he took care of her.

............

"Harris please!!! Please!!!!" She begged, gray eyes wide open as her lips pouted in a puppy face.

"Nhi!" he replied keeping a straight face and folded his arms on his chest looking stern.

"Last time naa!!" She urged again. "ituu saa khaoum gi paka!" she showed him the minimal space between her thumb and forefinger.

"Kal main nhi thaa ghar pe din main tum ne khaye they naa?" he reminded her and Vania's shoulders shrunk with a guilty expression on her face.

"Ahemm..."

"Bss ab or nhi!" he said with finality and took the plate of rice away giving it to Haider.

"Or bata raha hun Haider tum ko, ab meri mana ki hui cheez tum ne laa ker di naa toh pito ge mujhse!" he scolded Haider who nodded with a sheepish expression and gave Vania a sorry look.

"Tum kiya dekh rhi ho? Chalo roti thoro, khana start karo! Dono roti finish karni hai." He said when he saw Vania giving Haider and Hafsa a pleading look.

None could help her though and she grudgingly started on the 'chapati roti' he placed on her plate.

Halfway through Vania discreetly tried to put the other one back into the hotpot.

"Dekh raha hun main.." Harris said and she hissed.

"Yarr itnaa sara khana kaisey khaoun mainn??" Vania groaned.

"Hanthon se." He responded fast and then motioned with his eyes to start eating.

"Mama!!" she cried to Hafsa and Hafsa looked up torn between supporting Harris and helping Vania out at the same time knowing he was doing the right thing.

"Khalo mera bachaa.. Ek ek niwala or khaalo!" She bargained.

"koi ek niwala nhi, pura khatam karna hai."

Now Hafsa whipped her head to Harris, "Chalo bss ab tum chup ho jao! Zyda shair banney ki zaroorat nhi hai! Teen bachey paida kiye hain maine! Tum se zyada pata hai mujhe kitnaa sahi hai...kitna nhi, ayi samajh!"

And Vania along with Haider smiled into their plates while Hafsa put the ever grumbling Harris into his place.

......

....

Harris smiled at the memory and shook his head silently laughing at himself.

A lot of memories were hitting him as he sat waiting and he couldn't believe the nine months had passed away in such a blur.

......

Harris came inside the room and sighed tiredly.

It was a hectic day at the office and he just wanted to fall face first on to the bed, and perhaps have Vania to massage his head as he lay it upon her lap.

Removing his shoes by the side of the door, he placed his tie on the tie hanger in the wardrobe and cuflinks in its respective box on the dressing.

Gone were the days when Harris could live freely in his mess, now everything in his room had a proper place.

Removing his shirt he barely hung it on the clothe stand and groaning fulfilled his wish falling face first on the bed.

The door to the wahsroom opened and closed with a bang as Vania shuffled out slowly.

"Asslamualikum!" he greeted, voice muffled in the pillow.

"WalikumSalam..." she mumbled back voice croaky and ignored him.

'Ab kiyaa hua yaar.... Sara kuch toh jagah per rakhaa haai...' Harris thought.

Frowning he turned his head in her direction,"Kiya hua?"

"Kuch nhi.." she didn't face him and continued to move around aimlessly.

A little sniff sounded and Harris forgot how tired he was as he sat up straight.

"Vani ro kyun rhi ho yaar? Please batao toh.." He urged concerned but she shook her head walking to the wardrobe.

"Uuuffff..." he huffed out and got up stalking towards her.

Grabbing her hands softly he turned her around and made her sit on the bed.

Harris sat on his knees in front of her and looked into her downcasted eyes.

"Batao mujhe.... Kiya hua hai?"

She quickly wiped away the trickling tear and looked away.

"Vani?" he asked again more softly and she broke.

"Tum mujh se pyaar nhi kertey naa ab." Vania mumbled.

"Hainn?" he exclaimed shock.

'Yeh kahan se aya ab...?? '

"Mujhe pata hai Harris... Tumhara dil bhar gaya hai mujh se ....."

Groaning Harris dropped his head on her lap, "Yaar Vania yeh kahan se aya hai??  Aysa kuch nhi hai!"

"Hai! Aysa hi hai! Ab main bohat moti bhi ho gayi hun naa... Or itna tang karti hun.. iss liye ab tum annoy hotey ho naa..." she cried.

Harris raised his head and scratched his brow thinking hard before replying, "Vani.. Dekho mujhe.. "

He made her look at him and said slowly, "Mera tumse kabhi dil nhi bhar saktaa Vania."

She shook her head and wiped at her eyes again, "Nhi.. Maine dekha thaa aaj ki episode main, jab husband aap kaa hanth naa pakrey sab keh samney... Jab subha apko nashtey ke liye naa uthaaye office chala jaye.... Raat ko late aye.... Iskaa yahi matlb hota keh woh ab pyar nhi kartaa.. Or phir uss ne chor diyaa thaa uss ko. Or tum bhi mama keh samney mera hanth nhi pakrtey,  naa subha uthaya nashtaa bana ne ke liye.... Ayse hi chaley gaye.. Late bhi aye ho... " She cried louder.

'Episode??!'

"Vania ek sec... Tum ne... Dramey main dekhaa??" he asked incredulous.

She nodded her head fast and wiped her face again, "Haan! Aaj Mama ke sath dekh rhi thi.... Mujhe sab samajh aa gayi hai ab..."

Harris slapped a hand on his forehead standing up, "Yaar Amma bhi kon kon se fazool dramey dekhti hain! Or tum pagal unko real life se mila rahi ho?" he grumbled angrily.

Suddenly Vania cried harder, "Pagal??!
Dekhaa!!! Ab tumko mere pe ghussa bhi aa raha haaii naa! Pagal bola mujhe??! Pyaar nhi kartey ab tum mujh se!!"

"Uff Allah!! Nhi nhi sorry! Main pagal! Sahi hai! " but she didn't stop crying and he sighed placing his face in his hands.

'Betaa Harris bohat shouq thaa tujhe shadi kaa ab kar mazey!' his concious laughed at him.

"Vanu drama toh real nhi hota naa yaar... Suno.. I love you! Tum mujhe har tarah se pasand ho moti patli, kali gori--"

"dekhaaa tum keh rhay ho main moti hogayi! Kal keh rhy they nhi nhi Vani! Tum moti toh nhi hui biklu bhi! Jhoot bola thaa naa?!" She pointed at him accusingly.

*eeeeee.....

"Umm eerrm... arey nhi!! Waisy hi example de raha hun!! Agr tum moti bhi hoti toh! Yeh thori keh raha keh ho gayi ho!" he changed his statement quickly and she sniffed calming down.

"Toh.... Tum abhi bhi mujhse pyar kartey ho?" she asked tentatively.

"Haan!! Bohaat bohaat sara!!!" he exaggerated opening his arms wider.

She gave a soft laugh at his gesture and cleared her face.

"Okay.."

Sighing Harris sat down relaxed and said gently, "Achaa yar khana toh lagwa do bhook lag rhi hai--"

*Gasp!!!

She turned to him shocked and Harris froze.

"Mujhe toh khyal hi nhi raha! Tum itnaa late aye ho or lunch bhi le ker nhi gaye they... Or"

"Nhi nhi Vania Vania!"

But in vain as the water works started again...

"Main bohat buri hun!!! I am sooo bad!!! Main bilkul bhi khayal nhi rakhti tumhara naa!!! I don't deserve your love!!!"

Groaning Harris let his head fall back against the head rest almost crying out himself,

"Allah Miyaan phir se......"

....................

.
.
.
.
Harris chuckled at the array of silly memories in his head and Vania's mood swings during her pregnancy that caused many many stupid arguments between them and always ended up with him appologizing to her with his hands holding his ears.

But all that aside today when she was admitted after the contractions began Harris couldn't stop the fearful beating of his heart.

Today, for the first time in his life he sympathized with the one person he thought he'd never forgive.

Sohail Alam..

He understood Vania's father and his pain in a way he never thought he would ever be able to.

To lose the person you loved so deeply and selflessly.... It kills a part of you that is irreparable.

You can never be that same man again, no matter what. And specially if you don't have any family support like Vania's father didn't have.

Today his lips moved in prayer for that man, who died a silent death, a death of grief.

And every other prayer he knew he prayed for Vania and his child, to return to him safe and healthy.

Sigh...

You think life becomes easy when you're with the one you love but each day comes with a new test, a new trial.

The concept of happily ever after is full of loop holes you can't really see.

It exists.... But at the same time its doesn't.

Like a mirage..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The door to the labour room opened again an hour later and Ayaan who was now pacing the floor turned around quickly.

He opened his mouth to speak but Airaa simply threw her arms around him and hugged him tight as if her life depended on it.

"Airaa???"

She hugged him tighter and Ayaan's tension increased tenfolds.

"Airaa please, yaar, kiya hua?" he asked almost at the verge of breaking.

"Meri life ki first successful delivery Ayaan... She let me do it all on my own... Oh my God... I still can't believe it...I did it...." she breathed out and her body trembled.

"Matlb... " he stared down at her and she grinned up, eyes glimmering in the white fluorescent  lights.

"Matlb Aap Mamu ban gaye! She had a very healthy baby boy!!"

"OH MY GOD!! Shukar Allahumdulilah!!" he hugged her back tightly, his happiness knowing no bounds.

Airaa laughed into his shoulder and he almost swung her around.

"Harris.." she said and he quickly let go nodding.

Both walked hand in hand to the lonely boy at the end of the hall and Harris looked up at them.

Ayaan saw his tired eyes and tensed posture feeling a certain empathy for him.

He clasped a hand on to his shoulder and Harris stood up with a questioning expression.

"Mubarak ho Harris!!" He grinned and Harris's eyes popped wider in disbelief.

He looked at Airaa with the same surpirsed look and her face reflected Ayaan's grin.

"You're a father now Harris!!! Bohat pyara beta hua hai tumhara!!" she exclaimed.

A breath rushed out of him as his entire form seemed to sag with relief momentarily and he swiped his hands on his face in Thanks giving.

But instantly tensed again, "Or Vania?"

She nodded with a smile, "Bilkul perfect! She is waiting for you, ajao!" Airaa said and Harris grinned happily.

Ayaan pulled Harris in a hug and this time Harris returned it with pleasure feeling his heart swell with pride.

'Father... I'm a Father!'

Airaa led him into the labour room and his heartbeat began drumming loudly again.

"Harris ko bula den khala..." Vania's low voice reached his ears and his smile widened.

"Haan haan gayi hai Airaa... Leti raho tum abhi..." Maniha answered her.

Airaa looked back at Harris and smiled, signalling him to walk ahead.

He slowly moved the plastic curtain aside and his eyes landed on the figure that lay on the labour bed.

Her eyes closed as Maniha wiped away her sweaty forehead while she mumbled something weakly.

Maniha saw him first and smiled at him stepping back allowing him to meet her.

Her eyes slowly opened as Harris gently held her hand.

Vania blinked up at him and her eyes teared up, "Harris..." she called.

He nodded his head unable to speak feeling his own emotions rise up forming a lump in his throat.

She just held his hand tighter and let her tears out, all of the pent up anxiety flowing out of her system and her body fell flat wearily.

Maniha walked out with Airaa giving them their space.

"Shh ..sshh.." he carressed her hair softly and bent down to kiss her forehead.

He wiped away her tears and mumbled, " Vania its okay, its over.... You did it! ... I am soo proud of you! .... We're parents.. " he smiled speaking gently and she nodded her head as she cried.

"I am so proud of you!" he whispered again and ever so softly pressed his lips to hers.

Straightening up he kissed her fingers and placed her hand down so as not to disturb the canola attached.

"Miley ho tum?" she asked him, voice raspy.

He shook his head and at that moment they were alerted by the sound of the door opening again.

He stepped back an inch and Airaa cleared her throat from behind the curtain, "People you decent??"

Both Harris and Vania gave a soft laugh and Vania called, "Ajao kuch nhi kar rhy hum."

Harris chuckled and wiped the wetness from his eyes.

Airaa walked in with their bundle of joy cleaned and wrapped in a baby pink quilt.

"Bari zyadti ki hai tum log ne sarey quilts or dresses pink le ke!" she looked down and said.

"Toh yeh doctor Shireen ne humeyn gender nhi bataya humarai kiya ghalti?" he shrugged.

Airaa laughed and walked over to him, "Yeh dekho."

He sucked in a deep breath holding it back before leaning over slightly.

A little red face with cheeks puffed out, lips squeezed in a tiny round pout and eyes closed tight, peaked up at him from the bundle and his heart skipped a beat.

Airaa smiled up at his mesmerized face and murmured, "Tum se milta hai kitnaa.."

He blinked in disbelief and mumbled, "Yeh.... Yeh mera beta hai?"

A small laugh bubbled out of her and Vania too smiled.

"Haan toh zahir hai! Pakro!"

She extended her arms offering him the baby.

Harris quickly staggered back intimidated, eyes wide and exclaimed horrified, "Nhi nhi!! Main nhi le saktaa! Yeh bohat chota hai gir jaye gaa!"

Airaa laughed harder and bit down on her lower lip to keep her from laughing further at his predicament.

"Ha... Harris..." she laughed and Harris glared.

"Araam se pakro Airaa!!! Gir jaye gaa!!" He exclaimed scared.

Grabbing his arm she clicked her tongue shaking her head as she raised it up.

He looked at Vania feeling his heart thud and she blinked slowly letting him know 'It's Okay..'

Airaa folded his elbow at the crook and slowly transfered the baby into his hand.

He opened his mouth to say something but she gave him a stern look shutting him up.

His breathing rushed as he felt the weight of the baby but he kept standing still as if a single movement would cause him to drop it.

Airaa helped position his other hand under the baby's back for extra support as she set his fragile neck against the crook of his elbow keeping it slightly up.

Then when she was confident he was holding him right she stepped back.

"There.... See! Nhi gira. " she exclaimed with a laugh.

Harris huffed out a shaky breath and barely moved his head.

"Harris..." Vania called him and he looked her.

"It's okay." she smiled.

Giving her wobbly smile he fought his fear and gave his attention to the baby he held.

He could see his delicate features more closely and a small smile graced his lips when the small mouth opened wide in an 'O' shape as the baby yawned and stretched himself.

Harris could see his gummy little mouth and then the smallest of hands with the tinniest of fingers came up making him stare awwed.

"Ungli pakrao apni." Vania told him and Harris slowly moved his hand to put one finger upon the baby's palm.

He reacted fast by folding his little fist around his finger, that seemed huge in his baby hand, and held on tight.

Harris grinned at the response, "Kitnaa chota hanth hain naa yarr... Matlb Abeera se bhi zyada chota hai.. New born toh maine Abeer ko bhi nhi pakraa thaa ..." he kept speaking looking at his son and Vania stared at him with a proud smile.

"He loves you.." She said softly.

His smile widedened and he cooed at his boy, "Baba loves you too!! Baba loves you soo much!" he bent down and kissed his little forehead breathing the soft scent of Johnson's baby powder that wafted off of his quilt and something more....

He smelled a lot like his mother...

Cherry blossom...

Harris grinned and Vania frowned.

"Kyun hans rhy ho?"

He shook his head and met her eyes, "He's a Mama's boy.."

Vania scoffed and Airaa laughed out, "Harris tumhari tarah!"

"Oh hello koi nhi!" Harris protested and Vania giggled.

"Mmhmm.." she hummed knowingly.

He opened his mouth to speak when Maniha came in with the phone in her hand.

"Harris jaldi se aaou Hafsa ki call hai."

"Oh! Ji aa raha hun!"

Vania and Airaa chuckled again at his prompt response and he rolled his eyes,

"Toh koi baat nhi! Achi baat hai mere pe gaya hai, smart boy nikley gaa!" he said before kissing his son again and slowly laying him next to Vania.

She smiled moving her arm to cocoon him and he kissed her cheek.

"Uff Allah!" Airaa exclaimed putting a hand on her eyes and Harris rolled his eyes again.

"Over nhi ho sahi hai. Tumharey Ayaan kaa or bhi zyada bura haal hai." he taunted and walked out while Airaa just stuck her tongue out at his retreating back.

Then smiling she walked up to Vania to assist her further before the doctor came for the check up.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Mubarak ho!!! Bohat bohat mubarak ho!! MashaAllah!! Allah nazrebad se mehfooz rakhey itnaa pyara pota diya hai tumne humeyn Vanu!!!" Hafsa exclaimed as she hugged Vania tightly and kissed her cheek.

Around them the whole hospital room was filled with pink and blue balloons, frangrant flowers, gift baskets, and ofcourse family.

Ayaan and Airaa stood on the other side of Vania's bed with Rubina Alam on a WhatsApp video call.

Haider, Zeeshan, Zainab Aylaa, Hania and Hussnain stood crowding Kamran Uncle and Fatima Aunty as they held the baby, all of their faces glowing with delight and eyes shining like stars as they stared mesmerized by the his smallness. Kamran uncle was also the person who did the honours of calling the Azaan in the baby's ear, for which his happiness was beyond words.

Zareena Aunty and her husband Hamid also stood beside them holding up their own 2 year old granddaughter as she peaked at the baby and asked them questions in her baby voice

"Yeh bibi haw?" she asked (Is this a baby?)

"Ji jani! Yeh bhi baby hai! Dekheyn!"

She frowned and scrunched her nose shaking her head, "Naw!! Me bibi hun!" she exclaimed distraught.
(No! I am a baby!)

Zareena and Hamid burst out laughing at Abeera's innocence and Hussnain looked at them.

Little Abeera called her father extending her small arms forward for him, "Baba!!! Me bibi hun naa??"

(Baba!!! I am the baby right?)

Hussnain chuckled and pulled Abeera in his arms kissing her chubby cheeks, "Baby aap mera baby ho naa! Aur yeh Barey Mumma kaa baby hai.. " Hussnain told her.

She shook her head again and kicked her baby legs, "Nooo!!! Main badey mamma taa bibi hu!!! Main shab taa bibi hun bibi hun Baba!!! Yeh nawhi haai!!" Abeera cried out and her eyes welled up pouring out her grief feeling as if she'd be replaced by the new baby.

(No! I am Barey Mumma (Uncle's) baby! I am everyone's baby!! Not him!)

"Awww!!!" Vania heard Abeera's cry and called from the bed.

Hania too looked up confused then smiled at her daughter when she understood.

Vania beckoned Abeera to herself and Hussnain placed her down beside her carefully.

She crawled up closer to Vania and kissed her cheek then held her face in her little hands, "Badi Mammi me aap taa bibi hun naa?"

(Bari Mammi (Aunty) I am your baby right?)

Vania laughed and hugged Abeera tightly kissing her cheeks and hands, "Jee mera baby! Aap hi ho! Per yeh bhi hai naa new baby ab... Aap big baby yeh small baby.."

"Smawll bibi?" she frowned and she nodded.
(Small baby?)

"Hmm.. Chota saa hai naa... Aap iski appi bano gi?"

Abeera folded her chubby legs under her sitting into her thinking position then grinned, "yaayyy!!" she exclaimed and Vania laughed harder at her way of saying yes.

Harris entered the room sighing loud and she looked up grinning.

"Yaar purey hospital ko paisey bant diye maine....Allah!"

Hafsa slapped his shoulder, "Arey sadqaa hota hai!"

He gave his mother an exaggerated smile knowing there was a lot more she was going to make him spend for her grandson.

"Bhai Jan!!! Abhi humari treat rehti hai!!" Haider exclaimed putting his arm around Harris's shoulder and Harris turned his head.

"Haan de dun gaa bhai!"

"Sasti treat nhi len ge! Ayi samajh! Kanjoosi nhi kernaa! Bari treat chahiye humeyn!" Hania cried and the family laughed.

Zeeshan Zainab who were  till now busy shoving each other to get a better look at the baby turned away alerted.

"Haanji! Bilkul!! Achi wali treat len ge hum!" Zeeshan exclaimed.

"Oh yaarrr jahan bolo ge wahan miley gi okay!!!" Harris raised his hands up reassuring them and they hooted in delight at his exclamation.

Vania too laughed hugging Abeera close and Kamran Uncle handed Harris's son over to him smiling wide as he congratulated him and he received it gratefully.

She noted miling faces everywhere as Vania's eyes travelled over the elated family, her heart swelling with pride and joy as her eyes glazed up.

She looked at her two motherly figures talking animatedly, as they excitedly planned a grand homecoming for the baby.

The time when Vania was so lonely she could hardly voice her pain, was all but a blur compared to the happier memories filled with loving people that she collected after her marriage.

She looked up at the smiling Harris who stood beside her now and smiled wider when she saw him talking to his active baby, that stared up at him with his big brown eyes wide open.

Family.... Her beautiful Family....

In this big world, her quaint little world.

Allhumdulilah.
.

.

.

.

.

.
.
.
.
.

"Or yeh last picture thi, kal woh ghar ajaye gi phir ayen ge milney aap se." Ayaan smiled at his grandmother as he showed her more pictures of Vania and the baby.

"Naam kiya rakha?" she asked.

"Woh abhi soch rhy hain." he answered pocketing his phone as he stood up.

"Chaleyn Nanoo ab aap ko sonaa hai, bohat late hogaya hai aap ko pata hai naa.." he helped her lay down and Samina baji helped straighten her legs.

Ayaan kissed Rubina Alam's forhead before bidding her goodnight and she caressed his face lovingly, "Khush raho."

He smiled seeing his grandmother so relaxed and genuinely happily made his heart soar.

Then closing the door behind him he bounded up to his own room entering silently thinking Airaa must've fallen asleed after her prayer.

To his surprise she was just saying goodbye to someone on ths phone and placed it down.

"Kis ka phone tha?" he asked her walking closer and she smiled turning around,

"Mom... Unko Vania ke bete ki picture send ki thi... So Mubarak baad de rhin thin and... Vania kaa number maang rhin thin..."

Ayaan raised his brows in surprise and walked towards her, "Kiyaa baat haai.... Kiya jadu ker diya hai mere Ammaa Abba per tumney? Roz roz America se phone aney lag gaye hain... Nano ko bhi phone kerti hain ab toh.."

She shook with silent laughter and wrapping her arms around his torso leaned against him, "Bss... Secret hai meraa... Bata nhi skti!"

"Really huh?" he poked her ticklish side as he whispered in her ear.

A laugh sputtered out of her and she bent away from his prodding finger instinctively.

Chuckling he pulled her all the way and fell back on the bed.

She setteled her head on his chest looking up at his face as he slowly moved her hair back to see her face.

"Ayaan.... " Airaa began in a low voice, her finger tip tracing his features slowly.

"Hmm?" he raised his brow and her finger went up with it.

She smiled then remained silent for a long time before speaking up, "Let's not wait anymore..."

He gazed up at her with a pensive expression and she sighed, "I... I just...."

Shaking her head Airaa lost her words and began to roll away on to her side feeling embarrassed but he quickly gripped her waist keeping her in place.

"Maine kitni baar kaha hai, jab baat shuru karti ho toh finish bhi kiya karo. Bolo puri baat.." he urged her losing the playfullness as he looked at her concerned.

He knew very well Airaa still had a hard time talking about her emotions and voicing them out. A lot of times she didn't even understand them. But one thing he made clear between them was that whatever she felt she needed to tell him.

Even if they are nothing but a stupid jumble of words or repetitive thoughts, he would listen to anything and everything she had to say.

"Airaa... Tell me." He asked again warmly.

"I want to be a mom." she blurted, then looked away hidding her face in her hair.

Ayaan sighed and softly tucked the hair back. He knew Airaa loved kids, and his desicion to wait one more year till her Gyne resideny was completed was taking a bigger toll on her than him.

"Airoo.... I know... Waiting is hard... " he murmured softly, "But I can't put you under all that pressure yaar... Abhi tum khud dekho you've been working since the last 48 hours.... Ayse main if we have a baby toh phir when will you rest?"

She sighed nodding and trailed random patterns on his chest.

"Kash arts hi parh leti.... Then I wouldn't have to work so hard..." she huffed.

He smiled and his eyes fell on the desk behind her where her sketchbook lay.

There was a time he thought that too, specially after he had seen all her other more recent sketches including his own he sneakily saw when she was away cooking.

Slowly Ayaan shook his head in negative and said, "Nope... Agr aaj tum gynecologist naa ban rhi hoti... Toh phir socho jo satisfaction or khushi tumheyn Vania ki delivery keh baad mili woh kabhi nhi milti... You were awsome Airaa... And you know we're only waiting so we'd be able to give our baby our full attention and care... I know when the time comes you'll be the best Mom!" he arched up and pecked her cheek.

"You think so?" she asked him softly and he nodded his head fast,

"Mere bachon kaa lunch box pure school main famous hoga, kyun ke tum unko itnaa yummy lunch bana ke diyaa karo gi!" he exclaimed.

Airaa dropped her head laughing and slapped his shoulder lightly, "Har waqt khane piney ki hi batein ati hain tumharey pass Ayaan!"

His chest rumbled with his own husky chuckle as he rolled to his side laying Airaa beside him, "Kiyaa karun ab aysaa hi hun!"

She made a funny face at him then laughed.

Leaning forward she kissed the tip of his nose and lay her head on his arm, "Itnaa bara baby milaa hai muje! Kisi or ki kiya zaroorat hai."

He chuckled and wrapped an arm around her pulling her close as his eyes shut.

"Chalo ab soo...mujhe shadid wali neend aa rhi hai ab." he mumbled.

Wearily she let her own eyelids droop and snuggled in making her self comfortable as she nodded in agreement.

Ayaan clapped and the lights dimmed giving the room a calming ambience.

Soon their breathing got even but before they slipped into the realm of sleep Airaa whispered,

"I love you Innu..."

Ayaan half laughed half snorted at the use of the nick and teased her in response, "I love you more Airoo.." he mumbled sleepily with his eyes closed.

A smile graced her lips before she slipped into a deep slumber and sleep overtook all senses, shutting their brains as their hearts beat in unison while they breathed deeply, peacefully.

__________________________________

Hey beautiful people!!

Thank you so much for reading!

This was my attempt at the bonus chapter where in I tried to show a glimpse into their happy not so much of a happily ever after 😂

I wanted to show that it's not that life became easier for them... Not at all... Its going to get harder and tougher as they move in further but as long as they keep supporting each other as a whole family, then only will they be able to face every hardship.

Because that is the whole point of family, to be there for you in your hardest and darkest times and make it light for you.

My opinion 😊

I didn't name Harris's baby, because I couldn't think of any perfect names, and also I wanted fo leave it for you to imagine it any name you like👍 😂

So that's it for Hikayat, I hope you liked it.

If you enjoy my writing do please check out my new story 'I am Madiha' based on the life of a Pakistani brown girl.

Do press the star!

Stay safe!

Bye!! 💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

887K 32.8K 53
(Unedited read at your own risk.) He is extrovert , she is introvert He has everything , She has nothing He is dominant , she is submissive He con...
221K 11.8K 82
He is a Soldier She is a doctor. He is rude. She is sweet. He finds solace in peace. She loves talking. He is te...
24.2K 1.8K 46
"You're going to be my present and my future. You're going to hold all my babies because I'm going to be the lucky man to marry you. You're going to...
45K 3.2K 23
Join a diverse group of desi authors filling your bookshelves with a series of heart-racing, magic-inducing romantic stories. Wattpad-South Asia is...