The Broken Girl (Completed)

By Rameen1995

Meet Lucy. A sweet and passionate girl who is traumatized about her past and unable to move on from it. Suff... More

Note From Author
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
Note From Author

Chapter 30

7 1 0
By Rameen1995

I rushed to see Steven, as fast as I could and I had to stay calm so that I wouldn’t cause an accident. This day had turned out to be the most unusual.

As soon I reached, I saw Miss Diana who was waiting for me at the door. She looked concerned and worried.

Diana: “Thank goodness you’re here. I’m sorry we had to call you in like this.”

Lucy: “It’s okay Miss Diana. It’s not your fault. Let me see Steven so he calms down a bit.”

I went as quickly as I could to his bedroom and heard screaming noises from inside. When I opened the door, I saw his brother who seemed like he was trying to calm his brother down.

Steven: “SISTER YOU’RE HERE!!”

He got up from his bed and I went up to hug him.

Lucy: “What happened to you, Steven? Your mommy said you fell?”

Steven: “Well I was playing with my toys and jumping from the couch to the other one. Then I fell hard on the ground. It hurts so much sister.”

Lucy: “What’s hurting? Where did you get injured?”

Steven: “On my arms and legs…”

Ben: “You should be more careful bro. What if something worse happened to you, like breaking a bone? Which I’m glad you didn’t.”

Lucy: “Your brother is right about that. Could you please be careful next time kiddo?”

Steven: “Yes sister Lucy. I’m so happy you’re here. It makes me feel much better.”

Lucy: “Glad I came. I was scared when your mom told me.”

Maybe it was because Steven was scared and wanted comfort, which is why he called me.

Lucy: “Though if you don’t mind me asking little Steven why did you want to see me?”

Steven: “Well sister…..I knew you were the person when I was in pain. You could comfort me in a way I would feel safe.”

Ben: “Well that explains why you didn’t like it when I calmed you down with snacks.”

Lucy: “Ohhh I see. Well, you can count on me for that.”

Ben: “Though I want to ask you, Lucy, before this, were you busy?”

Lucy: “Ah well sort of. But it's fine. He needed me and I had to come.”

Steven: “Oh I’m sorry Sister….”

Lucy: “It’s okay little one. Everything is fine now. You know what, tomorrow I’m participating in a competition and I want you all to come to see me if that’s fine.”

Steven: “Suree I will ask mom and dad.”

After staying with them for a little while, I told his parents about the competition and they said that they would surely come and cheer me on tomorrow.

I headed back home and messaged Emma if she had reached home safely. Whereas my friends were messaging me and asking if everything was all right.

Then I heard the doorbell ring and was confused about who that could be.

And to my surprise, it was my brother who came over.

Lucy: “Hey. What’s up?”

Eric: “Hey. Just came to check up on you.”

Lucy: “How are you doing and how are mom and dad?”

Eric: “I’m doing great so are mom and dad. They are feeling much better now.”

Lucy: “Well at least some good news has arrived.”

Eric: “Why did something happen?”

I then told him about what happened with Steven and how I had to leave early while I was with Emma.

Eric: “Oh boy…that must have been a lot to do at once.”

Lucy: “Sure was, and I’m not even sure if I’m ready for tomorrow.”

Eric: “Very funny Lucy. You’ve been practicing.”

Lucy: “I know…but still.”

Eric: “You know you’re doing your best and that’s all that matters. Even for the competition, you’re going to do your best and shine so there isn’t anything you should worry about, okay?”

Lucy: “Alright.”

The next day as well, I was all over the place, which would be the best way to describe my condition. I was sweating all over and at the same time ready for action. My friends along with my brother all came as well to go together.

I had a healthy breakfast and a somewhat good night’s sleep. I was just hoping that everything went well. That I do well under pressure and think of ideas that I will be proud of.

As we were going inside, I told them my name and I was given directions of where to go. My friends and family however had to go and join the audience section. They all hugged me and wished me luck. I could feel the shiver running down my spine for what was about to come.

In total, there were about 10 contestants made in the end. I just introduced myself to all of them. Some were nice whereas some had an attitude towards me. It wouldn’t matter at the end of the day because we would all find out whoever the champion will be.

Then, all of us went to our stations where we would be crafting and after that, they announced the rules. We were told that they are 2 rounds. Of course, no cheating is allowed like using pre-made crafts from home. The first round would be 30 minutes and the second will be 40. They also introduced the judges to us.

So round one started, we were given many different items. We had to use bottles, a pringle cylinder, a shampoo bottle, and an egg carton. Our job was to use as many items as possible and turn them into something. The main part was we had to use the pringle cylinder, which was important.

Well, I had worked with bottles before. Then it hit me that I saw this craft online, which I was going to make, with changes of my own.

I cut the top parts of the bottle first and then stuck colorful foam around it. After I did that to the rest of the bottles, I decorated the pringle cylinder.

Because I was using the hot glue gun, I burned myself a little. That actually hurts you badly burn on your finger. However, I had to keep everything under control.

Next, I stuck the bottles to the cylinder so what was making was like an organizer. You can put pushpins for your office or even put medicine in it.

After all of that was done, I put gem stickers for a final touch. As I was about to press the button to let the judges know I was finished, the host called out one of the constants for cheating and he got disqualified. That shocked me a bit, why would he even do that?

Anyway, I was done and presented my craft and soon after, the others were done as well. Their work was also amazing. It made me think, what does mine look like in their eyes?

The judges were pleased and we were told the results. For the second round, only 5 of us would make it and I literally was sweating out of fear. What was going to happen even I did not know.

One by one, they eliminated the contestants and I was mentally preparing myself for both situations.

To my surprise, I wasn’t eliminated from the competition. I could see the look on my family and friends’ faces, and they seemed over the moon.

Now came in for the second round and I was telling myself “okay, you got this Lucy.”

For the next round, the items we were given were popsicle sticks, bottle caps, some felt, and some extra items were given as well. I was thinking and wondering…..what am I supposed to do with these items??

So I saw the fairy lights and was thinking about the craft I saw online as well. Which was that they used I think led color changing lights and made a box out of the popsicles. So that was what I was making, a cubed popsicle stick box.

The popsicle sticks were going to be a frame type and I stuck them on paper so it made like a square shape. Then I connected them to make a box type. After that, I used the bottle caps. I applied some glue on them and then covered them with glitter, which would then be used as décor on the box.

Before putting the lid on, I made sure the fairy lights were inside the box and it looked so good in the end. After sticking everything together, I pressed the button and presented the judges with the craft.

I saw my family and friends, they were cheering and screaming. I got worried that their throats were going to be in so much pain tomorrow. I even saw Steven and his family before and saw that they were cheering me on too. I felt so blessed to have a family like this.

Now it was time to announce the winners, which I was not ready for….after what felt like forever the host was going to say one of our names. They first announced the 3rd place, then 2nd, and so on.

Host: “And the winner of second place is……LUCYYY! Congratulations!”

Me in my tiny brain:……………..wait did I just win….

In addition, nothing more. My mind was blank, I could hear the crowd go wild, and then there was me who had not processed any of this.

They handed me the trophy and I saw my family run towards me.

Luna: “Told you. YOU DID IT LUCYY.”

Lucy: “I’m still surprised and think that all of this is a hallucination.”

After that, all of us went to celebrate. Even though I didn’t get 1st place, I still worked hard and eventually won.

Lucy: “I really want to thank you so very much for your endless support everyone.”

Steven: “Congratulations again sister.”

He said as he hugged me.

Lucy: “Thank you, Steven. How do you feel?”

Steven: “Much better.”

Lucy: “Glad to hear that.”

Mom and dad: “Though we are so proud of you Lucy.”

Lucy: “Thank you so much…. it means a lot to me. Though I just realized aren’t ya’ll going to have throat issues tomorrow because of all the cheering?”

Eric: “I mean, it was worth it. Let’s just see what happens.”

Just going home and seeing the trophy on my shelf, I was satisfied that I was able to win something.

What I forgot to mention was, that the winner received a 5000$ cash prize for second place so it was a win-win after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 61 70
The Story guarded is about a Girl names Alex stone she meets a boy who is her new stepbrother who at first she doesn't trust she feels Alone, broken...
33.7K 1.4K 37
Lucy Heartfilia was the golden child of the Heartfilia Household. She was dearly loved, and she was always the brightest thing among the large white...
86 11 7
I have created this book to be my collection of short stories. I will use this space as an Index and what each story is about. While reading these st...
56.1K 1K 34
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...