The kyoshi warrior | lok

By Konstantinakkk

Kyoshi warriors were founded by Avatar Kyoshi years ago. With the passage of time, their reputation grew and... More

CAST
Aesthetics and Pictures
1: Prologue
2: Reunited
4: Zaofu
5: Old wounds
6: Northern Air Temple
7: Original Air Benders
8: Calm before the storm
9: The fall of the Air Temple
10: Alive and Dead
11: Zaheer's new ability
12: Sorting things out
13: The venom of the Red Lotus
14: Jinora's tattoos
15: After 3 years
16: Welcome back to Republic City
17: The coronation
18: Kitiara alone
19: Old scars
20: We are all people
21: Lies and reactions
22: Planning
23: The Return
24: Prison Cell
25: The Letter
26: The Escape
Kitiara's actress {Discussion}
27: Problems
28: Alliance with 'Prisoners'
29: Freedom
30: Kitiara, the history teller
31: Hey, Chief
32: The inevitable meeting
33: Beyond the Wilds
34: The Original Beifong
35: Not yet
36: Operation Beifong pt 1
37: Operation Beifong pt 2
38: Preparations
39: Kuvira's coming
40: The Capture
41: The Fallen Warrior
42: We won

3: Freeing the air benders

5.6K 140 47
By Konstantinakkk

That's Kai, I forgot to mention him in the cast page. He is like Bumi and Opal. He is Junira's boyfriend ( not officially but they have this 'connection')

*in the previous chapter I did a mistake and I was writing Buki instead of Bumi but now is corrected.

Kitiara and the team avatar had everything prepared.

Lin and Asami were to drive the airships while hers and her father's bisons were flying in the air, ready to comply with the orders of their masters.

Kitiara was really happy that she finally was with her family and friend, no friends. Bolin, Mako and Korra accepted her in their little team.

The plan was imposed by her uncle, the one who knew better of such things with her mother's help.

Kitiara walked alone towards the temple with the rest of the gang following her hidden in the shadows.

She meet two guards in her way.

" Kitiara ? What are you doing here so late ? " The one asked.

" Oh you know. Just a walk under the moonlight. Couldn't sleep. " She replied calmly.

The guards exchanged a glance. " Still searching for those nonexistent air benders ? "

She grinned. " No. "

They raised an eyebrow. " No ? "

" No. When you search for someone and you finally find him. It is not considered that you are still searching. " She said.

Their eyes widen.

" Behind you. " She pointed at that direction.

They turned only to see the whole team avatar (except Asami and Lin) in fighting positions.

In a matter of seconds, they were wrapped with ropes, non able to call for help due to inability of speaking.

The team avatar and the warrior entered the building. They hid in a corridor for not being seen by the two Dai Li who were crossing the main corridor.

When they were gone, Tenzin whispered. " Mako, Bolin and Junira go to Kai, the rest with me for the air benders.

We nodded and splitted.

The kyoshi warrior followed Korra, Tenzin and Bumi further into the temple.

They came across with a metal door. Korra pushed it open and entered with Tenzin.

She and Bumi stayed outside. Her uncle switched on the radio.

He said something with some weird code names that Kitiara didn't quite catch.

" Wait. What. Are you in danger ? " Lin inquired through the radio.

" No. No. This meant that we got the air benders. " Bumi explained.

" Ok. We go into position. " Lin stated.

Bumi's face saddened. " Why does no one get likes my code names ? "

Kitiara placed a hand on his shoulder. " It's not that, Bumi. Your code names are very difficult for someone to understand. For example, you could have said : Me, the fan girl, the girl with the ponytails and the arrowhead found the treasure. Activate the car. "

Bumi grinned. " Oh kiddo, I have to see you from when you were a little child and now... now you are a young, wise and beautiful woman. I am so proud. Tenzin and Lin are too. "

Kitiara smiled back. " Thanks uncle. "

The air benders started exiting the room.

" Silence everyone. We don't want to be spotted or noticed. " Her father spoke.

They nodded. Korra and Tenzin led the way with a thrilled Bumi whispering that this is a prison riot. The air benders followed and the last one was the kyoshi warrior who was watching over everyone.

They left the corridor. Korra peeked outside. " Clear. "

The air benders went to leave but the warrior's voice stopped them. " It is never clear. If you can see not even one Dai Li there, that means that it's a trap and that they are waiting for us. Listen, avatar, I know them. I know their tricks and whereabouts. They are waiting for us. I suggest we wait Mako and the others before we step out. "

Korra gazed at the air bender with disbelief. " There is no one outside, Kitiara. It's not a trap. They probably think that we are packing our things to leave tomorrow. We are leaving. Follow me. "

The kyoshi warrior sighed. " This ain't happening. "

Korra and the team got out of the building. All of the team except the warrior who is hiding next to the door, waiting to see what will happen and how can she help if she is right.

And spirits, she was.

Dai Li jumped off the metallic bars, which were to keep it straight, and landed in front of the avatar enclosing her.

" So you discovered my elite army, avatar. " The queen's voice was heard.

The Dai Li in the middle walked away to reveal the Queen.

" They are people and they choose for themselves. They are coming with me. " Korra retorted.

" No, they don't. They are people of the earth nation and I am their queen. You realize that if you take them with you, that will mean war. I will come after you with all of the army of my kingdom. " Hou-Ting threatened.

Korra looked daggers at her. " They are coming with me. "

The queen took a disgusted face and motioned them to attack.

They abided by throwing their earth gloves.

Suddenly, the warrior appeared surprising all of her enemies, taking her fans, she air bended the gloves; resulting them to break.

She pointed her right fan at the queen. " How dare you defy the avatar ? " (if someone tells me in the comments who originally said that, I will dedicate the chapter to him/her)

The queen and the green-armored men in front of her were pale. They knew very well what she was capable of doing, something than neither her parents nor her best friend or the avatar were.

After a moment, the queen regained her composure. Saying nothing, she turned on her heels and walked away to overlook the encounter.

" Korra take the air benders and get out of here. I will take care of them and be right behind you. " Kitiara whispered.

" No. We are not leaving you. " Korra declared.

The Dai Li prepared for other attack. By bending the earth, they recreated their gloves and threw them towards the air benders and the avatar.

But this time, the team was ready.

All the air benders, including the avatar and the air bending masters, bended the air against the corrupted warriors.

" Alright, so one by one climb up the metallic bars and enter the airship of the Republic City's police. Don't wait for me, Tenzin and Kitiara. " Korra ordered.

The air benders followed the orders of the avatar with no questions. Bumi was one of the first to do so because he prefers to do the plans, not to fight.

Well, no one can blame him. He grew up as a non bender surrounded by benders. He, like Sokka, are the brains, the ones who decide the strategies.

And now, he became an air bender because of the opening of the spirit portals. He is old and in a couple of years, he won't be able to fight like Lin or Tenzin who are benders from the beginning of their lives.

When all of the air benders were in the safety of her mother's airship, the trio followed suit.

They climbed up while fighting the Dai Li who were trying to stop them at all costs.

Korra and Tenzin air bended to fly and land on her father's bison. She did the same with hers.

Korra drove the bison next to the airship. However, Kitiara had other plans.

Flying in the middle of the airship and the temple; she waited for the small team that everyone have forgotten to arrive.

" Don't let them leave ! I want these airships down. " The queen shouted.

The Dai Li adhered to their queen's order and started throwing big rocks in the air bender's direction to take it down.

The kyoshi warrior smiled. How pathetic they were.

Using her fans which enhanced her bending, Kitiara was air bending with such force that the rocks were breaking into pieces.

" Wait for us ! " Bolin screams running away from the building, alongside Mako, Junira and Kai, Junira's friend.

The Dai Li changed their target and they sent their gloves of earth towards the group.

The group continued running, successfully voiding the attack in the process.

" Everyone stay together. " Bolin instructed and he earth bended the ground sending everyone on air, towards Kitiara's bison.

Mako landed on her left, Junira and Kai on her right, but Poor Bolin landed and grasped her bison's leg not to fall.

She helped him to sit on the saddle and then she situated herself on the crook of the animal's leg, took the bridles and led him away from the fight and the flying rocks.

***

They landed somewhere outside the Ba Sing Se.

The air benders were outside sitting on the ground in front of the avatar and the two air bending masters.

" You are free people able to decide for your own fate. If you want you can come with me to train and become air benders, otherwise we will find you a safe place to live away from the Queen. " Tenzin announced.

" So, who fancies to follow father and learn how to use this unexpected but useful and welcome gift ? " The warrior inquired.

There were those moments in silence. Father and daughter were more anxious than anyone else.

There were some years in the past when they were the only air benders before Tenzin had more kids.

However, now. They finally had the chance to be part of a whole. It would be a pity of these air benders decide not to attend the air temple to train.

" I will come with you. " A middle-aged man raised his hand and stood on his feet.

" Me too. " Two others rose from the ground.

The rest of the benders followed suit, stating that they want to be part of the air nation.

The air bending masters were speechless. Happiness and relief was clear in their features. Korra was grinning like an idiot.

" The air nation will be reborn by its ashes. " The warrior whispered to her father.

" Yes, it will. And all of this because of Korra's decision. Thank you, Korra. " Tenzin agreed.

Korra patted his shoulder. " I am just glad that balance will be finally restored. "

Kitiara hugged Korra. " I will come with you to recruit more air benders. I will also stay by your side protecting you if it is needed avatar. The only thing tjattjatthat you need to do, is just call for me. "

" I will, my friend. I will. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 517 14
170 AG the year of change for two friends. It is finally time for the Avatar, Master of all four elements, to learn airbending. But before she can l...
32K 932 58
In this story Hiei is the grandson of Fire Lord Zuko and son of Izumi who is the new Fire Lord and his father was also an Airbender besides Avatar Aa...
283K 7.5K 41
What if Aang and Katara had another child, a girl named Talia. Talia is a non bender... Or so they all thought. But when the time comes it is reveale...
2.3K 169 7
❝ You're not just the Avatar, Korra, you're my big sister, too! I have a duty to protect you, too! ❞ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂☆ Kiara, the younger sister...