DΣΛƬΉ'Ƨ KIƧƧ [ʙᴇᴏᴍᴊᴜɴ] ✓

By cornelia_rei

"You are my forbidden desire, and loving you is a sin." Where Beomgyu felt the 'fear at first sight' to the m... More

Intro: Twist of fate
✿1
✿2
✿3
✿4
✿5
✿6
✿7
✿8
✿9
✿10
✿11
✿12
✿13
✿14
✿15
✿16
✿17
✿18
✿19
✿20
✿21
✿22
✿23
✿24
✿25
✿26
✿27
✿28
✿29
💕30
✿31
✿32
✿33
✿34
✿35
✿36
✿37
✿38
✿39
✿40
✿41
✿42
✿43
✿44
✿45
✿46
✿47
✿48
✿49
✿50
✿51
✿52
✿53
✿54
✿55
Special Chapter: New Beginning

Epilogue

1.3K 79 166
By cornelia_rei

The strong scent from the hospital hurts Beomgyu's nose, and he is now awake. He feels like he wanted to sleep more, but recalling what happened a while ago makes him jolt awake.

Soobin is the first person he saw beside him. "Where's Yeonjun?"

"When my brother and I arrived, he is not there. I'm glad that you're not badly hurt! Taehyun is also there, and the gunshot on his chest is fatal, but he survived. Is it because of Yeonjun?" Soobin asked, feeling afraid for the next thing that he will hear from his best friend.

"Yeonjun saved him, and he sacrificed himself! I need to find him!" Beomgyu got up from the hospital bed, but Soobin stopped him.

"How can we find him if we have no idea about his whereabouts? He could be in the other realm because his time as a grim reaper is over. I'm sorry Gyu," Soobin looked at him with sadness.

It's hard to accept that he is gone, and it makes him cry in grief.

"But I have good news. I don't know if it's considered a good one. My brother found his body in the neighboring town, and he's in a coma just like Kai before. We can visit him if you wanted to," Soobin said that made Beomgyu agree in less than a minute.

"Please take me to him," Beomgyu stood up.

It took them an hour to arrive at the town, and they immediately went to the information desk.

"What is your relationship with the patient? It's been four years since he had his last visit, and I thought that his family and only friend died." The middle-aged nurse said with sympathy.

"We're friends, and this guy is his special someone," Soobin replied.

"I'm glad that he is not alone at all. It feels lonely that he is fighting by himself. He's in room 304." She smiled.

"Thank you for taking care of him," Beomgyu said before leaving.

Both of them feels excited to open the door, and they went in. They are staring at Yeonjun, who looks pale and fragile.

~~~

Yeonjun is in the familiar dark, eerie place where judgment day will hold. He is kneeling in front of the God of Death, who is giving him a meaningful look.

"Any last words?" The deep voice of the deity echoed.

"I will accept whatever punishment awaits me. I know I broke some rules, but I don't have any regrets." Yeonjun said.

The God started laughing, and Yeonjun has no idea if it's an evil laugh or the sarcastic laugh. Yeonjun prepared himself for the painful punishment that he can't handle.

"You thought that breaking rules are wrong? Well, I learned something from seeing your journey. Unconditional love only has a rule of protecting loved ones, no matter what circumstances await. I understand all of your intentions, and you're different from those grim reapers who received their punishment. Listen, they used their abilities for selfish reasons that hurt other people. I made you a grim reaper to test you if you're going to avenge mercilessly to those people respond to your fall down." God's words almost feel like unimaginable for him to say. Yeonjun gave him a confused look.

"I understand that those kids, Beomgyu and Taehyun, don't deserve to die young. I clapped my hands on the argument between Kai and Beomgyu when your boyfriend said that deities of death like me are portrayed as evil, but we're not! He's damn right, and you got yourself a nice boyfriend!" The God started laughing, and his deep, huge voice make it sounds frightening.

"T-thank you?" It feels terrifying for Yeonjun that the deity is surprisingly happy and amused. He is expecting that the deity will be angry at him.

"Rules are made as a guide. My rules serve as a test for every grim reaper, and you're different from any other grim reaper I met. You exceeded my expectations, and you never took advantage of your ability to seek revenge. Now that you met Beomgyu, I will let you experience how beautiful this life is. I am giving you a second chance to live, my favorite grim reaper." The God of Death raised his staff that brings too much brightness to Yeonjun's sight.

~~

Beomgyu stayed up all night beside Yeonjun, and his best friend came back in the morning. The two saw how Yeonjun's index finger started moving. Soobin immediately called a doctor while Beomgyu is waiting if his boyfriend will be awake.

"He's awake. You can try to talk to him but do not force him to remember everything. Take it slow for him because his memory could be fuzzy. I will come back in the evening." The doctor said before leaving.

"Will he be able to retain his memories when he was a grim reaper?" Beomgyu worriedly asked.

"He will, soon, just like Kai." Soobin went in with his best friend, and they are both staring at Yeonjun.

He looks a bit matured, compared to his grim reaper look since he is technically a 22-year-old man in the present. Yeonjun is looking at them with confusion on his face. His parted bangs on his forehead and his raven hair make his pale skin evident.

"I-I don't have anyone since my best friend died. Who are you?" Yeonjun mumbled.

Beomgyu feels sad, and he can't think of what to say.

"Hey bunny boy, you look familiar," Yeonjun pointed to Soobin, and the two thought he can remember them now. "You look like Choi Soohyun," He added.

The thought of Yeonjun having a sad memory with his brother saddens Soobin. "I'm his younger brother, and I am also your friend. Don't worry because I won't betray you. I'm sorry for what he did to you," Soobin frowned.

"I never met Soohyun's brother, I mean you. Don't apologize on behalf of your brother. I'm sorry if I don't remember both of you." Yeonjun pouted.

"It's fine, and take your time to recover. You could also ask us some questions if you want, Yeonjun," Soobin said, and it made the older raise his eyebrow because Yeonjun is technically older. "I mean, Yeonjun-hyung. I'm sorry, hehe," Soobin shyly said.

"How about you? Are you a mute? You don't look familiar at all, tiny bear," Yeonjun feels weird from calling Beomgyu that. "Tiny bear? Why does it sound familiar?"

"You called me little bear when we first met," Beomgyu is staring at his eyes, and the man in front of him feels like the same grim reaper on his first day in school.

Yeonjun extended his arm to reach Beomgyu's hair, ruffling it while staring at Beomgyu's eyes. "I'm sorry if I can't recognize you, but my heart says that you're someone special to me."

Beomgyu feels soft when he saw Yeonjun's teary-eyed look. "W-why? Does it hurt anywhere? Did we make you feel upset?" Beomgyu asks.

"No, I just felt like you both have a good bond with me, and I feel bad that I can't recognize both of you." Yeonjun looked away.

"You have been through a hard situation, so we fully understand you. Don't pressure yourself, my love," Beomgyu gently held his hand.

Yeonjun is startled that made Beomgyu feel anxious since it might be awkward for Yeonjun, who couldn't remember him. "I'm sorry, I-" Beomgyu is about to let go of his hand when Yeonjun held his hand tight.

"My mind doesn't recognize you, but your warmth assures me enough to trust you." Yeonjun smiles, and his cheeks are blushing.

Beomgyu stayed to take care of him all the time, and it feels like going back to zero again from the ordinary Yeonjun who is with him now. Beomgyu patiently waited, and he is grateful enough that he got his second chance of life.

The day of Yeonjun's discharge from the hospital came, and they are going to leave once Yeonjun rested enough on his afternoon sleep. While waiting, Beomgyu is on the rooftop of the hospital to ease himself.

Without Yeonjun's memories when he was a grim reaper, Beomgyu could feel the difference from Yeonjun in the past that saddens him. He is overthinking that their relationship might not work out well, compared to Kai and Soobin, who were lovers even before Kai became a grim reaper. They are safe now, but Beomgyu is paranoid about his and Yeonjun's future.

He chugged the can of beer while looking at the sea in the faraway. It is the sea where Yeonjun bought him, and he is planning to bring him there to help him regain his memories. The can is empty now, and he is about to go down to buy some more in the nearby convenience store when a back hug stopped him.

"I'm back, my little bear. I'm sorry for being late and for making you lonely," Yeonjun whispered, resting his chin on the top of Beomgyu's head. Yeonjun remembered everything now, and it makes him feel emotional.

"Junie! Welcome back, my love!" He turned around to lunge a bone crashing hug while laughing. Tears escape from his eyes while smiling, tears of joy.

"You were right about the deity, and he gave me a second chance! We can be together for the rest of our lives!" Yeonjun's life is too hard for his age, and he can't stop sobbing on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"You deserve it! The deity saw who you are and gave you what you truly deserve! I'm so proud of you!" Beomgyu kissed Yeonjun's forehead.

After easing themselves with a comforting hug, they look at each other with too much excitement in their eyes. Their love hormones are kicking in, and their dilated pupils mirror their attraction to each other.

"Can I live with you and build our future together, my little bear?" Yeonjun's cheekbones are showing from his huge smile.

"Let's do it together, you and me forever," Beomgyu is about to initiate a kiss, but his boyfriend is faster than him.

Yeonjun cupped his face, and his kiss is more aggressive than usual. It made him smirk when Beomgyu can keep up with his aggressiveness, feeling overwhelmed that Beomgyu also has a side of being aggressive.

~~~

After seven years, 2028

"Does the defense counsel admit to the charges?" The judge is looking to the public attorney. It is about the case of the attempted murder against a college student, who is also an idol trainee.

"We deny to the charges. The defendant pleads his innocence." Yeonjun firmly said. This case is quite different from him because of the déjà vu. But now, he is willing to stand up and give justice to the victims like Lee Heeseung, accused of attempted murder against people from an aristocratic family.

"If the defense counsel won't admit the crime of his client, then let's talk to the witness of the crime, their classmate named Nishimura Riki." The prosecutor on the side of the plaintiff said. "The witness said that he witnessed the defendant shoving Yang Jungwon, is that correct?"

"Yes, I did. I went over to see what was going on because I heard Heeseung and Jungwon fighting. Then, I heard some kind of a thud. And when I went to take a look, Jungwon had fallen into the grass." Said the witness, who looks nervous.

It made the prosecutor feel confident that he can win the case. "That's all."

Now is Yeonjun's turn to ask some questions to the witness. "You said you saw them after you heard the thudding noise, right?"

Riki nodded.

"Then, you never witnessed the defendant shoving Jungwon for yourself?" Yeonjun is giving a questioning look.

"What? Well, that's..."

"You just said that you saw them after you heard the thudding sound. I'm going to ask you again. Did you directly witness Heeseung shoving Jungwon?" Yeonjun calmly asks.

"No, but isn't it the same thing?" The witness frowned.

The witness' response satisfies Yeonjun. "That's all."

"The most important thing to determine in an attempted murder case is whether or not there was an intent to kill." The arrogant prosecutor is wearing an annoyed expression on his face.

"The defendant saw Jungwon sitting by the window and approached him to shove him out the window. If he fell because of being shoved, then most of his wounds should be on his head. But, most of the wound was on his leg." Yeonjun reasoned out.

The tension is getting heavy in the court from the arrogant prosecutor who has a connection in the supreme court and Yeonjun, the young public attorney known as a prodigy in law school where he graduated.

"The defendant was the only person in that music room, and the witness testifying that he saw the defendant arguing with the victim is enough to say that the defendant pushed the plaintiff from the music room on the second floor." The prosecutor is looking at the judges with a meaningful stare.

"A person being persecuted for something as serious as attempted murder based on circumstantial evidence alone is too dangerous. You're aware of that, aren't you? It's under Section 307 of the Code of Criminal Investigation. For the crime to be proven beyond doubt, there needs to be clear factual evidence. Direct evidence is needed." Yeonjun is going along with the intense stare of the prosecutor.

The judges looked convinced by Yeonjun's defenses. "Another hearing will occur next week for this case. You may present the solid evidence in the next hearing, and the verdict will be released next week. The court is adjourned."

Yeonjun happily went outside the law firm, thinking about his plenty of plans on his sleeves. He knows how to get solid evidenced that can make him win the case.

He is driving his car to attend to something special. He got out of the parking lot while hopping around. People are looking at him because of his formal attire. He took out a VIP standing ticket from his leather briefcase, and he is in the line to attend the awaited concert.

After securing his spot, Yeonjun took out a banner and a light stick from his leather briefcase. People keep on staring at him, and some teenagers are laughing at him.

"Is he out of his mind? He is obviously in the wrong place!"

"I know right, look at the pin on his coat!"

"Concert venue has a huge difference from the court."

"Shut up! He looks like a superhero of my life!"

"He's a handsome lawyer!"

Yeonjun would like to talk back to the teenagers, but he is old enough to remain silent from the petty comments.

The comments about him stopped when people started singing along with the band. Even Yeonjun is cheering the fan chant of the group. He jolted from shock when a big hand slapped his shoulder. "You're lucky that you're not late, Attorney Choi!" Soobin is now standing beside him, who is still wearing his uniform.

"Hey, Detective Choi!" He said to Soobin, who is now scanning his backpack to grab his banner and light stick.

Kai is also a member of the famous boy band because he has a talent and passion. It's fun that both of their boyfriends are famous, but a bit challenging for fanboys and fangirls.

After singing all of their songs, everyone is excited when the group announced to perform one last song as a surprise. The lights went on, and all of the members are wearing formal attire. They are wearing a black tuxedo, except for Beomgyu, who is wearing a red one. Yeonjun is eyeing his boyfriend, getting worried that he might do something that can make him jealous since Beomgyu is the visual center of the group.

"I was covered by the clouds

But you look at me with your heart, love so sweet

So beautiful, I can feel it

When I see you, the feelings in my frozen heart

Start to blossom into beautiful flowers like the warm spring

This is a dream-like love, do you still not know?

You always change me I'm happy because of you

Always stay with me at the same time

Until I can protect you until you're not in pain anymore

You're my only love from heaven..."

The members are holding one dozen red roses. They are walking to different spots in the concert venue to give some roses to the lucky fans. Kai went toward Soobin, giving him the first rose that makes him flattered. Kai even got the balls to kiss Soobin's cheek in front of their fans. Luckily, their fans are supportive of the group's personal life, including their relationship status.

Yeonjun expected Beomgyu to do the same, but his boyfriend is busy smiling around the girls looking at him like a feast on the lower box near him. He eyed him until Beomgyu only has remained one rose. He expected more when Beomgyu is walking towards him and when he made eye contact with him. Yeonjun's heart is about to explode when Beomgyu is just half a meter away from him. Yeonjun is about to reach his hand to accept the flower when Beomgyu gave the last rose to the gay fan beside him. The fan couldn't stop squealing, and it adds up to his irritation.

Yeonjun's smile turned quickly into a scowl, and his face looks like he is about to explode in jealousy and annoyance. Beomgyu walked away like his boyfriend is not there, and it made him mad. "Yah!" He is about to swear when Soobin clamped his hand on his mouth. 

"Don't do that in public! Let's deal with him later and skin him alive, alright?" Soobin whispered.

"Unbelievable asshole!" Yeonjun removed Soobin's hand as he decided to walk out of the concert. He thought he could leave peacefully, but he froze when the spotlight pointed at him.

"Where are you going, my love?" Beomgyu said on the microphone, and people are looking at Yeonjun. People can see his face, and they recognize him as the boyfriend of the idol.

"My love, your face!" Yeonjun rolled his eyes and walked away.

"You can't get out of here until I'm finished!" Beomgyu took some steps until he is close to his annoyed boyfriend.

Beomgyu took out a blue box from the pocket of his coat. The members and the fans started squealing when Beomgyu kneeled his left knee in front of Yeonjun.

"Will you marry me, and can we have sex in our honeymoon, Choi Yeonjun, my love?"

"Yah! Why are you saying that in public? You should take care of your image!"

"At least I'm a virgin, and I'm not into premarital sex, right? Nothing's wrong about that!"

"You like to talk back, you hard-headed bear?!"

"Just focus on my proposal and don't argue with me! I'm sorry if I made you upset a while ago," Beomgyu pouted, pointing at the couple's engagement ring using his lips.

"Of course, it's a yes, my hubby!" Yeonjun said with an awkward smile because he feels shy about the public proposal by his idol boyfriend.

"I knew you can't reject me!" Beomgyu put the ring on his fiance's finger, and Yeonjun did the same. People started clapping while cheering for the couple.

Beomgyu is open to his relationship life, and he asked for everyone's permission to cooperate with his plan. The fans in the concert venue know that it will be Beomgyu's proposal, except for the clueless Yeonjun. Beomgyu is more than happy that his real fans accepted him, and they supported his relationship.

Yeonjun's eyes are watery because of the reminiscing of his past. The forbidden love changed, and he is more than happy to live a happy life like this. Even the worst days have an ending, and the best days have a beginning. 

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 648 29
⚠️WARNING⚠️ this series contains the following: -boy love -blood/gore? -killing - abuse -smut Yeonjun has always been abused by his vampire boyfriend...
5.6K 338 16
"Do you believe in fairytales?" - C.YJ. "Not really." - C.BG. "Want me to change your mind?" - C.YJ. When Beomgyu happens to make new friends in his...
66.8K 2.2K 27
[Completed] He has never even met him, yet he felt his touch. He sees him only in his dreams until one day where he comes to the same school. Is this...
9.9K 276 14
𖦹 My Beautiful Boy ❤︎ ⵌ Yeonjun is a playboy that plays with innocent school boys. As Beomgyu enrolled, Yeonjun added him to his victim list, but he...