Eyeliner

By peachesparkerr

I watched them stand up there smiling. Their eyes only focused on each other. A part of me died when they kis... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter 6
Chapter Seven
Chapter 8 Part 1
Chapter 8 Part 2
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue
Alternate Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter Five

211 11 5
By peachesparkerr

My friends Allison and Lindsey were over right away once I told them what happened with Dalton.

"Why can't he just dump that slutty bitch he calls a girlfriend and go for you!" Allison asked

"Maybe for one thing he doesn't like me that way, secondly I have a boyfriend "

"Why are you still with Luke anyways" Lindsey questioned

"I love him"

"We know that. But do you think you'd ever love him like you love Dalton?" Lindsey replied

"No, but I do love him."

"You do see how he looks at you? He's in love with you. "

"Luke? I know that he loves me but he's not in love with me"

"Not Luke stupid. Dalton. "Allison said

"Dalton has Madison. Besides he wouldn't date me even if we were both single because he knew about what happened between me and Cole."

"What happened between you and Cole?" Lindsey asked

"Lindsey have you not been listening to me for the past three years?!"

"Well..."

"If I have to explain, Cole and I dated for about two years before IM5 got together and when we broke up things were not good between Cole and I. I was devastated, and he was heartbroken. Dalton and Cole may not be talking right now but they still care about each other. Cole and Dalton were best friends and I know that they still care about each other deep down inside. "

"What if they didn't? I can see it in his eyes Charlie. He loves you." Allison said

"Okay. Let's say he does love me. It doesn't change anything. "

"Yes it does! Charlie, you and Dalton grew up next door to each other. You hated each other until you were fifteen. He's my freaking cousin he talks about you all the time!" Allison yelled

"Maybe it's because we were best friends! Allison face it he made his decision. If he truly did care about me, he would've chose me. He chose Madison."

"Answer me this then. Do you still love him?" Lindsey asked me

"I-"

"Charlie do you or do you not love Dalton?"

"Of course I love Dalton! I've loved him since I was fifteen. But even if Dalton were to love me the way I loved him, he has Madison and I have Luke. Dalton is the love of my life. But he still chose Madison."

"She has a point"

My other friend Amber said as she walked into the room

"Look who finally showed up!" I yelled at her

"Charlie has a point. Even if Dalton loved he, he chose Madison. Even if Dalton loved Charlie the way she loved him, he chose Madison. Dalton is dating Madison and Dalton obviously loves her. If he didn't he wouldn't have chose her. Now Charlie if you want Dalton and you to be friends again, you go to his house and you tell him your sorry and he'll also apologize."

"Fine. I"ll go later let's have lunch."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I finished lunch with my friends I told them I'd see them at school on Monday and we all went our seperate ways. Alli had to go meet with a guy that was going to help her get into her dream college, Notre Dame. Lindsey had to pack. She was going to go look for books to read over spring break even though it was only March. And Amber was meeting up with bad boy of a boyfriend Ethan.

I went into Pacsun. I was going to buy something for Luke. When I walked in I saw a rack of clothes that he might like. So as I looked through the clothes I heard something. Then I saw something I had never expected. There was my boyfriend, making out with Madison.

"Luke?" I said barely getting words out of my mouth with the tears coming out of my eyes. He widened his eyes and pulled apart from Madison. He stood up to face me.

"Charlie...it's not what it looks like"

"Really? It looks like you were just making out with Dalton's girlfriend. But from the circumstances she could either be cheating or Dalton broke up with her."

"For your information, Dalton and I are still together." Madison said

"Did I ask you? Didn't think so bitch. As I was saying, Luke I thought you loved me!"

"I do love you! Charlie please just listen to me" Luke said holding her hands. She took them out of his grip and slapped him as hard as she could. Leaving a red hand print on his face.

"Okay I deserved that."

"Spill."

"I was looking to buy a present, for you since I was trying to be a good boyfriend"

"Well how's that going for you?"

"As I was saying, Madison was here. She came up to me and started to flirt with me. She pulled me down on the floor and started to kiss me. I didn't push her off because I was too caught up in the moment"

"Caught up in the moment? How long were you kissing?"

"I-"

"Thought so. You are a fucking bastard Luke Stevens. We're over. And I'm gonna have so much fun telling everyone what you did to me. Especially my uncle, your football coach, who will gladly kick you off the team for the rest of the season"

"Please no. The season just started! I'm supposed to be the quarterback! Charlie please..."

"Well maybe you should've thought about that before cheating on me! Have a great time sucking faces, I hope you swallow each other. " I said walking out of there. I went home and locked myself in my room, ignoring my uncle's fiance who was making tea in the kitchen.

Then it hit me. I had no one now. At least no one that would kick the asses of all the guys that flirted with me in the halls and nobody to bring me pizza when I'm on that time of the month. Dalton was out of my life and so was Luke. I broke down in tears.

Dalton's Point of View

I was at the mall. I was going to buy flowers for Charlie so she'd forgive me. That's when I saw it all go down. Charlie breaking up with Luke because he made out with Madison, and Charlie slapping him and storming out of there. I put the flowers back and went in there. I punched Luke where it hurt and broke up with Madison. I was going to follow Charlie, but we weren't friends anymore. So I went home and hung out with Will who was in town. I told him what happened.

"Dalton are you stupid!"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're supposed to be her knight in shinning armor. Save her from all the jerks that break her heart."

"I want to. I was going to. But I realized she hated me."

"She doesn't hate you. She was just mad you chose Madison"

"I only chose Maddie because Charlie would never feel the same way about me. "

"Dalton do you love Charlie?"

"Of course I do!"

"Then it shouldn't matter. You have to be there for her. If you can't be with her, at least be near her. She needs you more than ever"

"Why can't you go!"

"Because she doesn't know I'm in town. It's supposed to be a surprise for her birthday next week. "

Then I got a phone call. The screen read 'Charlie <3'.

"Answer it you stupido!" Will said to me.

I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Dalton..."

"Charlie...I-"

"I need you. "

I've missed her voice.

"I'll be right over"
I hung up.

"Well?" Will asked

"She said she needs me. I gotta go. Please come with me Will, I can't do this alone. "

"But what about the surprise!"

"Fuck the surprise. Let's go. She needs us both. She needs to be surrounded by the people she cares most about."

"Dalton go without me. She needs you. She only needs you right now. I'll be here when you come back." Will said

I then ran out of my house as fast as I could. Her house was down the street. I ran there.

I rang the doorbell. Her uncle's fiance answered. She smiled when she saw me. She said Charlie was in her room and handed me the key to her room. I went upstairs and heard crying. I unlocked the door and went inside. I found Charlie sitting by the window with her knees to her chest crying. I wen over to her and picked her up. I put her in my lap and held her close as I moved the hair out of her face.

"I thought he loved me. I guess I was wrong" She said letting some more tears fall down her face. I wiped them.

"I'm sorry Charlie."

"Why would he cheat on me with Madison? I'm sorry about Madison Dalton. " She said which made her cry even more I held her closer.

"Shh. Don't talk. It's okay. I broke up with her. All that matters is you right now. I want you to know Charlie I'm sorry for yesterday. It was wrong of me to choose her."

"I'm sorry I said those things"

"It's ok. You were right. You're amazing Charlie. You may not feel that way right now, but I promise that you are"

"How do you know?"

"Because I'm in love with you. And that has never and will never change. "

I looked him in the eyes and put my hand on his cheek. I kissed him. He kissed me back.

"I love you too. "

And that's when it changed forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87 10 18
He thought he was hard to love but she showed him that she loved him like its breathing. He never appreciated it. But when he finally did, it was too...
136K 4.1K 27
And then he kissed her, like her lips were air and he couldn't breathe.
2.5K 66 22
{This is a continuation of "Alone When I'm With You" i recommend that you read them in order.} You walked away from the booth his picture in your han...
183K 9.6K 73
"This is killing you.." He looks at me with sadness in his eyes. "You do know this, right?" Looking out into the night sky, I looked at the stars abo...