Our Wolf Family

By Trooper-JJH

The roar of thunder filled the air and, the rain poured down on the forest floor, and in a small cabin a moth... More

Main Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Choice
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 15

1.9K 29 18
By Trooper-JJH

No one's POV

It had been two weeks since the ghoul attack on Max. Thankfully Summer was able to get Max to the village healer before he lost to much blood. Max was then taken to their home where he was placed in their bed while his body healed. In order to prevent the other children from worrying too much Kai and Silver offered to take William, Rachel, and Susan into their home.

Max had yet to wake up and Summer refused to leave his side. He also had Tullius, Lydia, Lukas, and Serana visit them every day.

The sun was now setting on yet another day painting the sky with wonderful colors and yet no one stopped to admire them. The wolves of the village were finishing up their daily chores around the village and were returning to their homes. And inside a small hut on top of the hill a young boy laid on a bed with bandages wrapped around his shoulder and stomach. While wolf leaned against the left side of the bed with a hand over the boys chest.

Summer's POV

Summer sat in a chair beside the bed while keeping a hand over Max. And on the other side of the house Mason was standing by the cooking pot finishing up dinner. Kai had told them that they were given a pardon from all their regular tasks so they could care for Max.

Summer didn't sleep and barely ate all her attention was on Max and Mason was starting to get worried about her health. He had just finished making some meat stew and had filled two bowls up. He then walked over to Summer and held out the bowl.

Mason: "Summer please eat you won't do him any good if you starve yourself." He said with concern.

She then looked up at her mate and he quickly saw streaks going down her face from crying so much.

Summer: "I failed him Mason, I told him that I would protect him from those demons and, he ended he so close to death. I failed as a mother." She said while tears formed in the corners of her eyes.

Mason sat down the bowls on the nightstand. Then quickly wrapped his arms around her neck bringing her into a gentle hug.

Mason: "There was nothing you could of done to stop them and if anyone is to blame it is me. I was the one who sent him on that hunt."

Summer: " But I was right there Mason I was a mere few feet away from him and now he might not wake up." She said as tears escaped her eyes.

Mason leaned back and wiped the tears away

Mason: "Summer he will wake up and when he does we will shower him with love. There is no doubt about it." He said with a reassuring smile.

Summer: "(Sniff) Yes my mate you are right he will wake up and we will show him just how much he means to us." She said with a smile.

Mason then stood up and retrieved the bowls and then returned to his mate and handed her a bowl which this time she accepted. The two began to eat and after a minute or two they were finished with their meal. They carefully crawled into bed on either side of Max.

Summer then leaned over and kissed Max's face then proceeded to place a hand to over his chest while Mason did the same.

Mason: " Goodnight you two see you in the morning." He said with a smile.

Summer then leaned forward and kissed Mason then laid her head down on the pillow. Mason then pulled the blanket over all of them and then the two wolves fell asleep.

Time skip.

No one's POV

The sun was now shining down upon the village and the skies were crystal blue. The sound of the birds singing filled the air and, the wolves of the village were all starting to wake up.

Max's POV

Max was still laying on the bad but unknown to his adoptive parents he was starting to wake up. He slowly started to open his eyes and take in his surroundings. After his eyes adjusted he looked around and quickly realized he was in his home. And the wonderful smell of venison filled his air and then he heard a voice he longed to hear.

 His memory was a little fuzzy but, the last thing he could remember was being attacked by the ghouls then being lifted off the ground by his mom then he blacked out.

Summer: "So when do you think Tullius and the others will come bye so they can check up on Max."

Mason: "I don't know love but they usually show up around late morning."

Max: "M-mo-m, Da-d is tha-t you." He said weakly.

This caused both wolves to perk up and they quickly ran over to the bed and when they saw that Max had his eyes open they were both filled with joy. Summer carefully reached down and picked him up baby style while tears filled her eyes.

Summer: "My baby is finale awake." She said with the biggest smile she could muster.

Mason then got in front of her and placed one of his hands behind his head.

Mason: "How are you doing my pup?" He said with tears in his eyes.

Max: "Ah my entire body hurts and I have a terrible headache." He said wincing in pain. 

Summer than lowered her head and gently nuzzled Max careful not to hurt him while a few tears escaped her eyes. Max then reached up even though pain shot thru his arms and hugged Summer's snout. 

Feeling this Summer only grew a smile on her face while tears of happiness due to her pup being alright ran down her face. Just then she heard Max speak out.

Max: "Mom why are you crying?" He said with a tone of concern.

Summer: "Because my baby is alive." She said with a big smile. 

Mason then walked over and placed a hand behind Max's head. He nuzzled his son the backed up and headed to the door. 

Mason: "I'll go tell everyone the great news." He said with a smile while walking to the door. 

Before Max could say anything to stop him from leaving Mason was already out of the door and into the village. Summer then turned around and sat on the side of the bed still holding Max showing on sign of letting him go. But Max noticed something was off. 

He saw that she no longer had a smile on her face rather it turned into a frown and her ears were now flat against her head.  

Max: "Mom what's wrong you look sad."  He said looking up at her face. 

Summer then laid him down on the bed then got on her knees beside the bed. She sat there for a few seconds in silence. Then she started crying. But before Max could respond Summer spoke up.

Summer: "(Crying) Max I failed you, couldn't protect you. I swore to keep you safe and, you almost died I don't deserve to be your mother." She said with her hands up over her mouth. 

Seeing this Max knew he had to do something but what. And after a few seconds he knew what he needed to do. He leaned forward and even though his body was sore and in great pain he stood up. 

Even with pain shooting through his body he fought thru it all. He walked forward and once he got up to Summer he fell to his knees and hugged her neck. 

Doing this made Summer's eyes went wide. She looked down and saw that Max was hugging her neck. But this time Max was the one to speak up. 

Max: "No you did not fail." He said sternly. " You found us in our darkest hour. You gave my siblings and I a home and love. You have been a wonderful mother to us. I wouldn't ask for anyone else than you." He said looking up to her. 

Hearing this only made her cry even more. She wrapped her arms around him and gently hugged him to her. Both of them sat there like that remained that for a few moments. They eventually separated and Summer once again picked him up and held him to her chest.

Summer: "You and your siblings are the greatest pups I could have ever asked for." She said with a smile. 

Just then the door burst open to reveal Tullius, Lydia, Serana, and Lukas. And once they saw Max they all ran over to him. This sudden surrounding made Max back up into his mother;s chest as far as he could. Which was quickly followed by Lukas speaking up. 

Lukas: "Mason came and told all of us that Max was awake and we came as fast as we could." He said breathing heavily. 

Summer only chuckled at his statement. She then went over and placed Max once again on the bed with his back leaning against the pillow. 

Summer: "He still is very weak and sore so be careful with him. I will just over there finishing up breakfast." She said while walking over to the fire. 

All the wolves surrounded the bed with two of them on either side. And Tullius was the first to speak up. 

Tullius: "So my friend how do you feel." 

Max: "Well everything still hurts but, I think I'm ready for another hunt." He said smiling.

Lydia: "What no you need to rest you can't go out again not like this." She said sternly. 

Lukas: "Um Lydia I don't think he actually meant that." He said smiling. 

Just then Lydia realized he was right.

Lydia: "O sorry Max."

Max: "Its ok Lydia. So what happened while I was out?"

Tullius: "Well after the attack your mother brought you to the healer. And while you were in there Alpha asked us what happened. Turns out Ulfric came back and told everyone that we were all killed by the bear and that you ran off like a coward leaving us to die."

Max cut off Tullius by shouting.

Max: "What that's not what happened at all!!" He said in a angered tone. 

Quickly Serana put her hand over his chest and tried to calm him down. 

Serana: "Max please clam down you are going to hurt yourself further." She said with concern. 

Max placed a hand on top of hers and leaned back. 

Max: "Sorry guys"

Tullius: "No you are fine my friend we all did the same. Any way once we told them the truth Ulfric was taken to our prison and is awaiting trial. Also after seeing the attack Alpha has declared that all hunters and warriors are to seek out those demons and destroy them." 

Max: "Well that's good what about my siblings." 

Lydia: 'They are staying with Alpha and his mate. We did get to meet them and I just have to say that William and Rachel are so cute." She said with a large smile. 

Serana: "And Lukas seems to have taken a liking to Susan." She said with an evil smile. 

Lukas: "What No I haven't"

Tullius: "Dude you couldn't stop talking about her after your first meeting." He said smiling. 

Lukas: "I just like her as a friend not like that I swear." He said while blushing madly. 

Everyone just started to laugh at his embarrassment. Just then Mason returned and he did had a look of concern on his face. when everyone saw this their smiles went away. Summer then spoke up. 

Summer: "Love whats wrong?" She said with a worried tone. 

Mason: "Alpha wants us to bring Max to the main hall at once. They said since he is awake they are going to have Ulfric's trail now. They said he might be killed for his actions." He said looking up at the young wolves. 

Everyone Just looked at Mason with shocked and horrified expressions. As they all wondered what was going to come next.  

Mason: "They said they want to hear from everyone of you all again so they could make their decision. And since Ulfric insulted Max's father they want him to execute him." He said looking down at Max. 

Max: "WAIT WHAT!!!"

TO BE CONTINUED. 

HEY GUYS TROOPER-JJH HERE. SO I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU ALL FOR GETTING MY STORY THIS FAR I LOVE YOU ALL FOR ALL THE SUPPORT I'VE BEEN GETTING. AND SINCE THIS STORY WOULDN'T BE ANYTHING WITHOUT ALL OF YOU. I'M LETTING YOU DECIDE THE FUTURE OF THE STORY,  AND HERE ARE YOU OPTIONS. 

1- Max goes to the trail and kills Ulfric. And potentially gains hatred from some in the pack.

2- Max goes to the trial and refuses to kill Ulfric instead he forgives him and shows him compassion and mercy. 

COMMENT YOUR ANSWER DOWN BELOW THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE UP NEXT MONDAY SO YALL HAVE TILL NEXT TUESDAY TO DECIDE. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

592K 25.4K 22
"Oh, and one more thing; you're going to have to act like my girlfriend." COVER BY @yoonienetflix <3
WILD THINGS By arm0da

Mystery / Thriller

13.2K 389 30
First day. Fresh start. Walter Owen Spielberg. First day of school at Alpha Academy high school. Walter starts as a new applied or registered student...
2.1K 76 18
They came from nowhere. Just suddenly appeared in 1990 and made a few cities. Anthros is what they call themselves. They were taller than most humans...
24.5K 588 14
Although the war between humans and furs is in full swing, many things are still going on outside the war, about a week ago an unknown SOS was report...