A Monster turned Hero (MHA X...

By macrostorn

Minato, a 14-year old boy from Aldera Middle School wishes to become a hero, alongside his friends, Katsuki a... More

1: "A New Beginning"
2: "A Fated Meeting"
3: "Going Beyond"
4: "The First Day"
5: "Rivalry, Presidency and New Friends"
6: "The Monster Unleashed"
7: "Sports Festival"
8: "The Results of Effort"
10: "The Hero Killer"
9: "Your Quirk"
11: "Ingenium's Rebirth"
12: "Final Exams"
13: "The Incredible I-Island"
14: "Party Crashers"
15: "The True Culprit"
16: "Two Heroes"
17: "A Moment of Respite"
18: "Training Camp"
19: "A Much Needed Talk"
20: "Forest Mayhem"
21: "Search and Rescue"
22: "The One Behind All"
23: "Minato Amamiya: Origin"
24: "The Painful Truth"
25: "Forgiveness and Realization"
26: "Second Chance"
27: "Confrontation and Confession"
28: "The Big Three"
30: "Preparation"
31: "Overhaul"
32: "Defeat"
33: "Rehearsal"
34: "Dreams and Reality"
35: "Hero Too"

29: "The Past Repeats"

407 5 4
By macrostorn

Mirio:"(Pointing at the building) This is Sir's agency."

The two boys look at the building. While Izuku had a look of awe, Minato had one of confusion, as he was still trying to fully understand what had happened. When he had heard Izuku was trying to have his work study be with All Might's former sidekick, Sir Nighteye, and that Mirio had accepted to work as the middleman, he wasn't surprised at all. What he was still trying to understand was why Mirio had requested that he came as well.

Minato:"Hey, Togata-senpai. Why did you want me to come? I mean, I noticed that your interest on the two of us during that battle, but why me? I think Izuku's style would fit Sir Nighteye's liking much better."

Mirio:"First of all, you two can call me Mirio. Second, while you may be right about your fighting style, that doesn't mean that you can't learn anything. Sir is a very observant person, just like you two. Plus, after I talked to him about you, he asked me to introduce you to him, Amamiya-kun."

Minato thought about what he had just been told, while Izuku became increasingly nervous about meeting All Might's sidekick. As they went in, Mirio informed the two about Sir's sense of humour, warning them to make him smile. As they enter Sir Nighteye's office, they are met with the sight of a blue-skinned woman, strapped to a tickling machine, as the hero, Sir Nighteye himself, was controlling said machine. The duo looks at the sight with an dumbfounded look, as Mirio explains what was going on. Sir Nighteye then looks at the new arrivals with an intense glare. As Minato simply looked back at the hero in the eyes, Izuku started getting increasingly nervous, until he decides to do his All Might impression. Seeing this, Minato facepalms, as Sir Nighteye becomes furious.

Sir Nighteye:"(Furious) Are you making fun of All Might!?"

The hero slowly approaches Izuku, as Minato starts preparing for the possibility of having to fight, until Sir Nighteye grabs Izuku's face, criticizing a few small details he had gotten wrong on his All Might impression. Afterwards, he tells Izuku to get out, only for Izuku to reply about how the face wasn't wrong. The argument quickly turned into a conversation about All Might. As they finish said conversation, Sir Nighteye sits at his desk. A discussion then starts, with Sir Nighteye adamantly refusing Izuku's application, while the teen simply stood, hearing him. Sir Nighteye then gives Izuku a chance to prove himself with a test. Minato and the other two walked outside, leaving the two alone in the room.

(Small timeskip brought to you by Chibi Izuku trying to get the stamp from Chibi Nighteye)

The three minutes had passed. As Minato and the others entered the office, they see Nighteye still standing in the same place, while Izuku lied on the floor behind him. Nighteye then announces Izuku had been accepted, much to the surprise of the boy. They then exchanged a few words in private before Izuku got up and stamped the form.

Sir Nighteye:"Only one more applicant to test. Mirio, Bubble Girl, could you tidy up the office while I speak with Amamiya?"

The duo nods, as Sir leaves, looking at Minato, like he was asking to follow him. The two walk into a waiting room of sorts, sitting and gesturing for Minato to do so as well. As the teen sits, he speaks.

Sir Nighteye:"(Serious) I assure you there is no reason for worries. I have asked about your past from Gran Torino. I can't possibly imagine what you have gone through. To think that you were able to withstand such mental and physical trauma. No one would have blamed you for hating heroes, but, even so, you still believed in us, despite everything."

Minato simply looked, as the man talked of his regrets.

Sir Nighteye:"(Serious) After Kamino, I have studied your case extensively. I saw what you did that night. How even when you had lost control, you were able to resist your mental state, focusing on fighting only the villain and how you worked hard to help save those people, saving even more than the pros themselves. That is what being a hero is. To do what others can't, even what seems impossible. All Might actually mentioned you before. He said you could be one of the greatest heroes in history and, after seeing you that night, I must agree. That is why I asked Mirio to bring you here. I would like you to join my agency during your work study. I want to help you become the hero All Might knows you can be. Will you accept?"

Minato looked to be in deep thought, before answering.

Minato:"All Might, huh? ...Deep down, I never thought I could become a hero. I just wanted to help my friends achieve their dreams. That is, until I met All Might. He told me I could become a hero. He trusted that I could become one and helped me the best he could, even when he learned of my past. He even risked his life to prove it to me. All this time, I kept going thanks to his words. But I realized that I was using those words as a crutch. (Determined) This time, I have to keep going, not with his words pushing me forward, but with my own. If you're willing to let me stay, I'll work as hard as I can!"

The two shake hands, a smile showing on both their faces. After delivering their applications, the boys went back to school, preparing for their first day of work study. The next day came, as the three students, who had changed into their hero costumes waited by the entrance of the agency for Sir Nighteye.

Izuku:"You got a new costume, Minato-kun?"

Izuku asked as he looked to his friend's new costume, composed of a black full bodysuit, with black shorts and a black short-sleeved jacket over it, and black sneakers.

Minato:"Yeah. I got Hatsume to make it for me. It's pretty resistant and it also allows me to use my kagune without shredding the back of the costume."

After a few minute of talking, Sir Nighteye arrives with Bubble Girl.

Sir Nighteye:"Today we'll be patrolling and monitoring. Me and Bubble Girl will form one unit, while you three form another. Our target is a small organized crime group called Shie Hassaikai. (Shows a picture) Their leader, a man named Chisaki, has been making moves lately."

Minato:"(Surprised) Yakuza. Now that's rare. I thought they only worked on trafficking or as manpower for villains, nowadays."

Bubble Girl:"It's true that they have been nearly gone for quite some time now, but this Chisaki guy has been trying to gather forces for some reason. He even made contact with the League of Villains recently, though we don't know the details."

Hearing the League being mentioned, the two first-years become serious.

Sir Nighteye:"However, we've acquired no evidence of any wrongdoing, so we can't treat these Hassaikai people as actual villains. What we are seeking is concrete evidence of criminal activity. While being careful not to attract their attention, of course."

The two teams then start their patrolling. As Minato and Izuku walk through the street, following Mirio, until Minato feels something bump against his leg, only to see a small girl, with bandages on her legs and arms. Seeing her, Minato and Izuku kneel to face her.

Minato:"(Smiling) Hey, are you okay?"

Izuku:"You're not hurt, are you?"

As the child sees him approach her, she twitches in fear, until a voice from behind her makes the three look towards the owner of said voice.

"Shame on you, causing trouble for this nice hero."

The trio looks to see the man speaking was none other than Chisaki, the leader of the Shie Hassaikai.

Chisaki:"Let's go home, Eri. Sorry for any trouble my daughter caused. She gets too excited when she plays and ends up hurting herself."

Seeing the man, Minato gets a serious look, while Izuku becomes somewhat panicked. Seeing the panicked expression, Mirio pulls Izuku's mask over the boy's face, before answering.

Mirio:"(Smiling) We're the ones who should apologize."

The two then start talking, as Mirio tries to avoid causing any suspicion, while Chisaki tries to find out who they are. Eventually, Mirio tries to retreat.

Mirio:"Well, we've gotta make our rounds across the entire neighborhood before lunch! Let's go, you two!"

Mirio then started walking, as Izuku got up. As Minato was about to do the same, he is stopped by the little girl, clutching his clothes. She then whispers, with a terrified look, tears falling from her face.

Eri:"(Terrified) D-don't go..."

Seeing her expression, Minato tries to calm down, as to not alarm the man, and speaks.

Minato:"Your daughter seems scared. You have said that she hurts herself from playing too hard, however, these bandages don't look like something she'd get from that."

Chisaki:"(Annoyed) She falls a lot."

Minato:"(Serious) For a child her age to be trembling in fear like this. It's not a normal thing."

Chisaki:"(Annoyed) Don't presume to know what's normal for other people."

Mirio:"(Feigning ignorance) Indeed, there are all types."

Unable to keep faking any longer, Izuku starts preparing for the possibility of having to fight, while Minato looks at the man with a serious look.

Minato:"(Serious) What are you doing to this girl?"

Chisaki:"(Sighs) I guess it makes sense that heroes are picky with these kinds of things. Very well. However, could we talk privately?"

Chisaki then turns and enters the alley. The trio walks into the alley as well, with Minato carrying the girl named Eri. The man starts speaking once more, his back turned to them.

Chisaki:"I've been concerned about Eri lately. No matter what I say, she fights back."

Izuku:"(Nervous) Raising a child can be tough... I guess..."

Minato looks at Eri one more time, recognising the look on her face.

Chisaki:"Yes. Children can be quite difficult. I constantly find myself wondering about the best way to raise her."

Chisaki then seemingly adjusts his glove, a murderous aura emanating from him. As Eri feels it, she gains a shocked look, before immediately jumping from Minato's arms and running to Chisaki's side.

Chisaki:"Oh? ...Done throwing your tantrum?"

Izuku finds himself confused, as Mirio simply focused on trying to get them out of there as soon as possible. Meanwhile, Minato, having noticed the shock on Eri's face before, simply gained a murderous look in his eyes, letting his hair cover them to keep it hidden. Chisaki then turns back to face them.

Chisaki:"It's always like this. I apologize for making you listen to our problems."

As the two leave, Minato prepares to follow, only to be met with Mirio, grabbing his arm with an iron grip.

Mirio:"(Whispering) We can't follow him. If we push him too far, he'll be much harder to catch."

As the two disappeared from sight, Minato looks back at Mirio with a terrifying glare. Seeing it, the boy felt fear, the likes of which he had rarely felt ever since coming to UA. The kind of fear he had felt only a few times before, like when he lost control of his quirk and thought he was gonna die. After leaving the alley, Mirio calls Bubble Girl and informs them of their encounter. As it starts to rain, the two teams meet up. Mirio apologizes, explaining that it was an accident, while Sir Nighteye did the same, saying that if he had used his quirk, it could have been prevented. Sir Nighteye then explains about why they had started investigating the Shie Hassaikai.

Mirio:"Excuse me, Sir! There's actually new intel we have to report! Chisaki has a daughter."

Sir Nighteye, becomes intrigued by this, looking back at the trio.

Izuku:"(Serious) Her name is Eri. She had bandages all over her arms and legs. She seemed to be quite scared. I'm not sure what was going on, but... I think we should have tried to save her."

Mirio:"Midoriya..."

Izuku:"I know we couldn't, but... I just wish there was something we could have done..."

Sir Nighteye turns to Izuku.

Sir Nighteye:"(Angry) Enough of that arrogant thinking! Haste makes waste. If we just go after him, there's a high chance of him slipping through our fingers. We must predict the enemy's plan, make our plan carefully and check if everything is in order. You won't always be able to act like a hero just because you feel like it."

Sir Nighteye's speech is then interrupted.

Minato:"(Serious) Maybe so, but that doesn't mean we are allowed to take our sweet time! Every second we take is a second she can be killed in."

Sir Nighteye:"(Sighs) You are still too unexperienced to realize this, but we can't save everyone. We must think ahead. Make sure we stop him once and for all, so others won't suffer in the future."

Hearing this, Minato gains a furious look on his face.

Minato:"(Muttering) I guess I was wrong. I thought you were different, like All Might, but in the end, you're just like so many others."

Sir Nighteye looks at him with a confused look.

Minato:"I don't know if there are any blood ties, but I can assure you... that Chisaki isn't her father."

Sir Nighteye:"How so?"

Minato:"Because no father would do what he's doing to her. That look on her face... she's going through hell. I know it pretty well, because that's the same face I had... back then."

Hearing this, Sir Nighteye becomes shocked, as Minato continues.

Minato:"Not that it matters much to you, now does it? You're just like the heroes back then. What's one life compared to all the others? So long as you do your job, you really don't care. You don't deserve to be associated to All Might."

Minato turns and walks away, as the hero, still shocked by his words, speaks up.

Sir Nighteye:"(Shocked) Amamiya!"

Minato:"Don't worry. I won't get in the way of your plan. However, you better pray that girl is okay when we find them, or else..."

Minato turns back to face the hero, sending him a murderous look, his eyes black and red.

Minato:"You'll be held accountable. I'll make damn sure of it."

Sir Nighteye found himself frozen in place after looking him in the eyes. His only thought being that that wasn't the look of a hero or even a villain. Minato then turned around and kept walking, as Sir Nighteye regained his composure and sent Izuku and Mirio back to the agency, finishing their first day of work study with a sour note.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 7.8K 133
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
46.9K 2.7K 65
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
204K 10.2K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
105K 3.9K 22
ููŠุตู„ ุจุญุฏู‡ ูˆุนุตุจูŠู‡ ู†ุทู‚: ุงู† ู…ุงุฎุฐูŠุชูƒ ูˆุฑุจูŠุชูƒ ู…ุงูƒูˆู† ูˆู„ุฏ ู…ุญู…ุฏ ุงู„ูˆุฌุฏ ุจุจุฑูˆุฏ ูˆุนู†ุงุฏ : ุงู† ู…ุงุฑูุถุชูƒ ู…ุงูƒูˆู† ุจู†ุช ุชุฑูƒูŠ !