After The Truth

By sweet_day_dreams_

After finding out that the love of her life betrayed her Tessa is left heartbroken and must make a decision... More

Tessa Chapter 1
Hardin Chapter 2
Tessa Chapter 3
Hardin Chapter 4
Tessa Chapter 5
Hardin Chapter 6
Tessa Chapter 7
Hardin Chapter 8
Hardin Chapter 10
Tessa Chapter 11
Hardin Chapter 12
Tessa Chapter 13
Hardin Chapter 14
Tessa Chapter 15
Hardin Chapter 16
Tessa Chapter 17
Hardin Chapter 18
Tessa Chapter 19
Hardin Chapter 20
Tessa Chapter 21
Hardin Chapter 22
Tessa Chapter 23
Hardin Chapter 24
Tessa Chapter 25
Hardin Chapter 26
Tessa Chapter 27
Hardin Chapter 28
Tessa Chapter 29
Hardin Chapter 30
Tessa Chapter 31
Hardin Chapter 32
Tessa Chapter 33
Hardin Chapter 34
Tessa Chapter 35
Hardin Chapter 36
Tessa Chapter 37
Hardin Chapter 38
Tessa Chapter 39
Hardin Chapter 40
Tessa Chapter 41
Hardin Chapter 42
Tessa Chapter 43
Hardin Chapter 44
Tessa Chapter 45
Hardin Chapter 46
Tessa Chapter 47
Hardin Chapter 48
Tessa Chapter 49
Hardin Chapter 50
Tessa Chapter 51
Hardin Chapter 52
Tessa Chapter 53
Hardin Chapter 54
Tessa Chapter 55
Hardin Chapter 56
Tessa Chapter 57
Hardin Chapter 58
Tessa Chapter 59
Hardin Chapter 60

Tessa Chapter 9

1.9K 99 170
By sweet_day_dreams_

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

Next Day.

...

I hear knocking on my door.

"Tessa? It's Zach, are you ok in there? It's gonna be 1 in the afternoon." He says.

I mange to pull myself up, I sit up and sigh before I open my eyes and look at my phone. 12:45, shit. I never sleep in this late, I just feel like absolute shit today. I don't feel like doing anything today, my body aches and head hurts. I just wanna stay in bed all day and do nothing, I put my phone back down and lay down and cover my face with the blanket.

"I'm fine Zach, just go away."

That was mean.

"Ok, well I have to go to work. Are you gonna be ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Ok, I have to work a double shift so I won't be back till midnight."

"Ok, have fun."

I hear him walk away, I didn't know he worked. I thought his rich mommy and daddy payed for everything.

Whatever.

I hear the front door close, I'm happy to be alone. I feel like death, I just wanna sleep and never wake up. I'm not going to that wedding, I'm not. It's not like I have a dress or anything, it's not even worth going, I'm gonna stay in sweatpants all day and feel sorry for myself.

It's so cold, Thanksgiving is in a week and the snow only keeps piling up. I put on socks and one of Hardins hoodies, I think I took more of his clothes than mine.

I walk into the living room and make myself a cup off coffee before I sit on the couch and snuggle under a blanket, I turn on the TV and the news comes up.

"And starting on Monday New York will be hit with a category 4 snow blizzard." The news anchor says.

Shit.

Thanksgiving is on Friday so hopefully the snow isn't that bad, if I can't go to my parents what the hell am I gonna do. Zach is going to his parents and Kim and Gavin are gonna be in Florida.

Great.

I switch the channels until I find a movie, because the holidays are soon they are already playing Christmas movies. I love Christmas, my birthday is soon. I'm gonna be 19, I feel so my older. I feel like I've lived a thousand lives, I'm so exhausted and drained. I don't even feel like doing anything for my birthday. I don't wanna do anything at all.

...

I watch Miracle on 34th street and a bunch of other romantic Christmas movies that make me feel like shit, I eat a bowl of sugary cereal and cry.

...

I get a phone call from Kim but I ignore it, she's gonna ask about the wedding and try to convince me to go. I just wanna be alone today.

A few seconds later I hear a knock at the door, who even is that? I pray it's not one of Zach's friends.

"Tessa, Tessa I know you're in there. Open up." Kim says.

Kim? Why is she here.

I stand up and open the door, she smiles before she looks me up a down and her expression changes.

"Why aren't you getting ready for the wedding?"

"I'm not going." I say.

I walk back and sit on the couch, she walks into the apartment and closes the door behind her.

"Tessa you have to go."

"No I don't, I much rather sit here and eat ice cream and watch Tv."

"Girl come on, you're in sweatpants watching romantic movies alone in the dark. This is sad."

"I like being sad, better than being lied to."

I shove a spoonful of ice cream into the mouth.

"I can't watch this." Kim says.

She grabs the remote and turns off the Tv before she turns the lights on.

"Kim." I whine.

"Tessa get up and go shower, the wedding is in two hours and we have to get you ready."

"I don't even have a dress or a gift, and I'm in no mood to "party". I just wanna sleep."

"No no, Tessa no more sulking. Get up and go shower."

I roll my eyes before I lay down and cover my face with a pillow, she pulls the pillow off and smacks me with it.

"Pull yourself together Tessa."

I sigh.

"I don't want to, Kim I'm done. I so done with everything, I just wanna stay here."

"Yeah well I don't care, now let's go. I have a dress and shoes in my car, go shower."

I really don't want to, but maybe she's right.

"Fine." I say.

I stand up and walk to the bathroom, I get into the shower and start washing my hair.

...

Once I'm finished I wrap myself in a robe and walk out of the bathroom, I find Kim in my room and she has all my makeup set up on my desk. I see a beautiful forest green dress hanging on my door, I run my hand over the lace embroidered pattern. This is absolutely gorgeous.

"Kim this dress is gorgeous."

"I know right, I had it flown in from Italy. I was supposed to wear it to a charity ball but it got canceled so there's no use for it, now it's yours."

I just love her.

"Thank you."

"Of course, now sit so I can start your hair."

I sit down and she brushes through my wet hair.

"You know Kim, I really do appreciate everything you do for me."

"Please, you don't need to thank me Tessa. What are friends for, and plus I know you're going through a hard time right now and you feel alone but I want you to know that I'm here for you, aways. I love you girl."

We both giggle.

"I love you too Kim."

She starts blow drying my hair, once she's done she's curls the ends of my hair. She pins a few pieces back and secures them with Bobby pins before she styles my bags, she sprays a bit of hair spray.

"Ok hair is looking bomb, now time for makeup."

She spins my chair around a examines my face.

"Well your skin is literally perfect, we don't have to do much."

She conceals under my eyes and brushes up my brows, she smudges some black eye shadow creating a wing. She finishes it off with a light plum lipstick and mascara.

"Perfect, a natural beauty." She says.

I turn around and look in the mirror, wow. I look, good. I love what she did with my hair, I immediately wrap my arms around her.

"Thank you so much Kim."

"What did we say about thanking me, friends didn't say thank you."

I smile.

"Now get this dress on, I'm dying to see how you look in it."

I stand up and untie my robe, I step into the dress and Kim helps me zip it up. It fits like a glove, it's perfect. I slip on some black heels and some earrings before I turn and face her.

"You look amazing Tessa, I might marry you."

"It's not too much is it? I really don't wanna draw attention to myself."

"Please, you could wear a trash bag and still draw attention. Now hurry up and get going you don't wanna be late."

"Shit, I don't even have a car. How the hell am I supposed to get there?"

She smiles.

"Gavin is downstairs in his car, he's gonna drive you and if you need to he'll pick you up too."

I give her another hug before I grab my phone and leave the room.

"Oh wait, I'll help you clean." I say.

"Don't worry about it, I'll clean and then let myself out."

"You're the best."

I grab the invitation out of my purse and check myself in the mirror one last time before I open the door and leave, I take the elevator instead of the stairs and make it to the lobby quickly. When I get outside I quickly climb into Gavins car before I freeze.

"Hey Gavin, thanks for driving me."

"Oh course, you look amazing Tessa."

"Thanks, Kim really knows how to work her magic."

We laugh before he starts driving.

I fidget with my necklace on the ride, I never take it off. He gave it to me and even if it was all fake I still like to think that there was a moment where he truly loved me, this necklace gives me hope.

...

We pull up to the venue and my mouth falls open, this place is crazy expensive. Wow.

Gavin pulls up to the entrance and someone in a white tuxedo opens the door for me.

"Thanks again Gavin."

I get out and slowly walk up the stairs towards the entrance, I don't know why I'm so nervous. It's just a wedding, everything will be fine.

I see familiar faces from work and unfamiliar faces, there are so many people here. For a last minute wedding this place is truly gorgeous, everyone looks so luxurious. I was worried about being overdressed but now I'm worried I'm underdressed, everyone has a date except me. It's kinda sad, I wish he was here. I don't think we could make it through a wedding together though, it would be too much for both of us.

I walk over to the table with the guest check in, I sigh my name before I look for my seating card.

My heart stops.

"Mr and Mrs Scott, seats 4 and 5; table 2"

They have me under Tessa Scott.

The fact that I will never be Tessa Scott makes this hurt so much more.

I reach for the card and grab it, I look around for Sam. I don't see her anywhere, I walk around the venue a bit more until I find the bridal sweet. I knock on the door.

"Come in."

I open the door and see Sam, Kelly and three other women who must be her bridesmaids.

"Oh I'm sorry, I don't mean to interrupt. I was just looking for Sam." I say.

Kelly gives me the warmest smile I have ever seen.

"Nonsense, come in Tessa. You look absolutely gorgeous." She says.

I'm shocked by her hospitality.

"Tessa!"

Sam runs up to me and wraps her arms around me.

"You came!"

I smile at her.

"Of course I did, I can't miss your big moment I whisper."

She smiles.

"Ok Sam, it's almost show time. Time to get you in your dress sweetheart." Kelly says.

"Ok, I'll see you later Tessa.........look for green." She whispers.

She takes Kelly's hand and disappears into the dressing room.

Look for green? What does that even mean?

Whatever.

I leave the bridal sweet and start following the crowd outside, the reception is outside and so is the party. This place is truly beautiful, I'd love to get married like this. Wow.

When I make it outside I look down at my card.

Seats 4 and 5, looks like there's gonna be an empty seat.

Everyone starts sitting, I can't find my seat. I wander down the isle looking.

"4 and 5 are over here love."

I freeze.

I slowly turn around and that's when I see him, his beautiful piercing green eyes.

Sam.

He looks so good in his all black suit, he has a handkerchief that matches the green of my dress.

Kim.

His hair looks freshly cut and it's styled perfectly, he looks so good.

"Hardin."

It's all I can say, I'm at a loss for words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 741 46
What happens when you fall in love with your teacher? Tessa Young meers Hardin Scott in a bar and they almost have a onr night stand, but a few days...
14.8K 565 41
Tessa is an young and brilliant girl who loves to study. Hardin is the bully from her school and bullies Tessa since his mother passed away. Before...
144K 2.7K 39
Evelyn thought her life couldn't get any harder, that is till Stefan gave himself over to Klaus. Follow Eve on her journey to save the love of her li...
19.7K 1.3K 78
Tessa Young is a young and beautiful woman, who decides to take her life i n her hands by moving in Los Angeles to fulfill her dreams about psycholog...