The Villainous Goddess

By SoupwithSpoon

Estella De Velle, ranking the highest god ever known in ancient times as she had the most power, it was when... More

Info.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 29

2.2K 86 23
By SoupwithSpoon

While Charlotte was walking out the Duke's office, a familiar face came by. The crown prince of Wynknight, Louis. They made eye contact, Charlotte obviously looking displeased.

Why's he here?

Charlotte kept walking, avoiding him. Louis attempted to grab her arm but failed. He called out.

"Wait!"

Charlotte paused and said,

"I only met you for a brief moment. I don't plan on marrying you. Good day."

Charlotte walked to the garden to get fresh air. She saw a small girl under a tree. She had pastel pink hair and golden eyes. She looked upset, Charlotte pitied her and went up to her. She was adorable and looked around the age of 10.

"Hi little girl. Anything wrong?"

"My balloon I got from the capital got stuck in the tree."

Charlotte saw a balloon of a dog and used mana to lift it up from the tree to grab it. She returned the balloon to the little girl. She burst out of joy.

"Thank you so much!" She squealed.

"You're welcome."

"Come sissy, let's have a chat!"

"Sure."

They had a wonderful chat and a maid came up to us looking worried.

"Isabella! I couldn't find you anywhere! You worried your parents. Come on!"

"Thank you miss Charlotte for taking care of her."

So her names Isabella.

"Can sissy come too?"

"Sure, I'll follow you."

Both girls followed the maid to Isabella's parents. She jumped to her parents with her arms wide open. Charlotte had recognised him, he was the king of Wynknight.

That's... his daughter? I knew she looked familiar.

Charlotte stared awkwardly at the family of four. She gives a curtsey and walks away.

"Wait." The king said.

Charlotte froze, Charlotte's family came from behind and stood next to Charlotte.

"What's the matter, your majesty?"

"About that marriage..."

"I'm sorry, I refuse."

The young girl told her father,

"Daddy daddy! That lady is very kind she helped me get my balloon out from the tree. She also called me a cute child!" She says while having a big smile on her face.

Not the right time.

"Why is it that you have declined my son's proposal?"

"I've only just met him for a short period amount of time, I only see him as a friend."

"You can get to know him?"

...

Can't you respect my decision? Gosh. So many unnecessary questions.

"I.."

Think Charlotte. Think.

"I have a lover."

I HAVE A WHAT? Charlotte panicked.

"Oh, I see. Well have a good day, my family will be returning to our inn to stay."

"Have a good day your majesty's."

Charlotte rushed towards her room but her father blocked her, "So who is this lover you mentioned?"

"Well, I'll let you guys meet him soon."

Charlotte didn't realise what she just said and rushed to her room. Trying to process what she had just gone through. She did a dumb thing, it was rare to see that happen.

Charlotte grabbed money and went outside as fast as she could. Worrying about who would fit as her "lover." She ran to the bar, panting.

"Long time no see, Charlotte."

The bartender greeted Charlotte.

"Yeah, was busy with class. One large glass please."

"Right up."

Charlotte drank her drink while sulking. Luckily, Ain showed up and saw her sulking alone with her hands on her face, flustered.

"What's got you so into the blue?" Ain says as she takes a seat at Charlotte's table.

Charlotte explains the situation to him and a surprised but irritated look appeared on him face.

"Prince Louis Wynknight huh?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I mean. I could be your pretend lover, right?"

"Really? You're a life saver!" She agreed, half drunk.

Ain got Charlotte some water for her to sober up a bit.

"We need to get you look ready for meeting my family. When are you free?"

"If it's okay, I can come to your residence tomorrow."

"Sure, the Duke Alpheus residence tomorrow at 1pm?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks, Ain!"

"Anytime."

-

Charlotte back at the Duke Alpheus residence.

Charlotte goes into the Duke's office.

"He's coming by at 1pm tomorrow."

"I see. Well, I'll be prepared."

Charlotte goes out of the Duke's office and heads to her room for a good night's rest.

-

The next day, in the afternoon.

He should arrive soon.

Charlotte was sitting outside on the stairs waiting for his arrival. Finally, he appeared in a nice looking carriage.

Way to go Ain.

Ain steps out of the carriage and sees Charlotte, he was wearing a black suit. Exceedingly attractive.

Charlotte goes up to Ain and hooks onto his arm.

"Shall we go?"

"Your lead."

They enter the Duke's office.

"Father, this is Ain. The one I was talking about."

"I see. Well, how did you meet and fall in love?"

Ain puts his hand on her shoulder and pulls her closer,

"You see, Duke Alpheus. I met Charlotte at the Academy. We have been close ever since."

"Prove it."

Prove what?

Ain and Charlotte face each other, Ain was mouthing something to Charlotte but she couldn't decode it. A second later, Ain pressed his lips onto Charlotte's unexpectedly while her father was watching. He lifted his face off hers and faced the duke.

"Is this enough proof, sir?"

"I see. Well, treat my daughter right."

Charlotte's face was red all over, she didn't expect that.

I needed a warning before hand.

Charlotte and Ain leave the room,

"Why didn't you give me a warning."

"I did, did you not understand?"

"Oh."

"I'll see you next time we meet, Charlotte. I have business to attend to."

"Alright."

Charlotte sprints to her room and jumps onto her bed, hugging a pillow. While closing her eyes tightly.

I'm a mess.

-
Charlotte heads down for lunch and the regular family awkward tension forms again. Her father spoke,

"So, Charlotte. Congrats."

"Congrats for what?"

"For your lover? Ain."

Charlotte spits her water out.

Her brother chimes in,

"You're dating Ain?"

"I. It just happened."

"Just don't tell anyone."

Silence started again when she said that, after finishing lunch.

"I'm finished."

She heads out of the dining room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 7.7K 47
(Male Yandere DemonsxFemale Reader) You are just a normal high school girl living a normal life. . . . Until your life is not normal anymore. ______...
64.8K 2.1K 37
The Supernatural do exist, they blend in with us, some even act as human. Allen Walker knows all about these Supernatural creatures. Living with his...
789K 28K 101
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
21K 838 34
Vrylle, a seventeen-year-old girl is your typical anti-social. With no trusted friends to speak of, she finds solace in the pages of books, immersing...