Chapter 5

After arriving home, I faced a decent amount of scolding although I didn't really care since I've gotten used to this.

I turn to the prince out of curiosity and asked,

"What brings you here, your majesty?"

"I want you to be my fiancée."

Everyone froze, Emilia heard this and her face turned pale. I was just standing there in full shock.

HUH?

I take a deep breath while thinking of what to respond.

"Your majesty, how could I dare to have you as my fiancée? I'm the worthless daughter of the Duke, it would be better if you were to marry my sister, Emilia. I'm sure you both would look good together."

I glance at my sister. She stares right back at me with a confused look.

"Although, father requested me to take your hand in marriage. Charlotte."

"Ah, I see. Well, I still think you would look better with my sister. Please inform his majesty that, I would not dare to have such a young good looking prince as my fiancée."

The prince flashed a confused look but went back to a soft smile on his face.

"I see, but why did you run off into the capital."

"Well, I was excited to go out as I planned to today. I didn't realise you were here and sprinted out with excitement. I apologise, your highness." She lied.

"Ah, alright. Well have a nice day." He kisses Charlotte's hand.

Once the prince leaves their estate, Charlotte let's out a huge sigh not knowing that the family was still in shock as they stare at Charlotte.

Fuck, they saw what happened. Sigh.

Emilia jumped on Charlotte while hugging her.

"You really did that for me?" With a big smile on her face.

"Yes, sister."

You think I had a choice? I'm not gonna fucking engage myself with a guy who's gonna flirt with other women while engaged to me. That's disgusting.

I got up from my sister's embrace and walked straight to my room.

Well, that was surely something.

Charlotte was still in a small shock.

It was a new day, Charlotte got into a black cloak and proceeded to sneak out while putting on a white mask to hide her appearance. It was a new day to meet the guy from the cotton candy stall.

She went to the bar, and asked the waiter,

"I want scorching hot coffee."

The waiter nodded and lead me to the underground base.

I waited around 20 minutes till they finally arrived. I saw the cloak men come down and was shock that I was there.

We eyed each other down for a minute straight till the cotton candy stall man broke the silence.

"Commander, she's the person I spoke to you about yesterday. Her name's Charlotte."

"I see."

The four men removes their cloaks and masks revealing themselves. Charlotte followed along and revealed a young gorgeous 16 year old girl. One of the men drooled without even noticing. Charlotte just stared awkwardly.

"So, am I in? I can fight."

One of the other men said,

"Hah! You? Fight? Ridiculous, little girl you should just sit down and be pretty with that face of yours."

Is he belittling me? I'll show this cocky brat.

A second later, the guy who ridiculed Charlotte was on his knees aching from the punch Charlotte shot at him.

Charlotte uses her hand and lifts up his chin while he was squealing in pain,

"Who's acting like a little girl now? You little shit should know your place."

"She's in." said the commander.

I quickly subdue the guy's pain secretly and he got up quickly.

"Hah! That was nothing."

"Yeah sure like you weren't squealing like a baby a minute ago."

"I was just acting."

"Sure."

"Anyways, I haven't quite gotten your names yet."

The commander said,

"I'm Claude, your so called cotton candy stall guy is Ain, the one you hit was Charles and the last guy's Ezra."

"Alright."

"So, Cap. What's the plan."

"Since we already have a female as a member, she will act as a distraction. Although once she's finished she'll follow us and save the hostages. We have already found where the women were from a detective I hired at the agency. It's a few blocks from here and I scouted some kidnappers, there's one outside this shop as of now so once he lets his guard down we will be able to move on with our act. I brought some commoner's clothing and I'll hand it over to Charlotte. From that point forward we will sneakily follow the kidnapper that takes Charlotte hostage to their secret base. If we lose track of him somehow. I'll take the lead and you will follow me as I know the location."

"Charlotte, once your in the cell with the other women, I assume that they will have their mouths taped and ropes around their arms and legs. I've also gathered information that they will be hosting a slave auction at someplace down town."

Charlotte said in a serious tone,

"Don't worry, I'm good at setting myself free. Once I'm there you guys probably don't have to do anything else."

Charles snickers,

"Yeah sure, what can you do?"

"If you don't shut up ill hit you again, you fool."

Alas, Charles shuts up.

"Alright, I'll inform the other three when their with me since we don't know what they're gonna do yet," said the commander.

Everyone turns around as Charlotte gets into the commoner's clothing. She didn't wanna waste anytime so she just used her powers to change it quickly.

Once they got out of the base. Charlotte hurriedly went outside acting like an innocent girl has just went outside from the bar.

Kidnapper's pov.

What do we have here? She's kinda hot. Boss will surely like her.

The kidnapper quickly pulls Charlotte to an alley way and covers cloth around her mouth thinking she was unconscious. Which she was only pretending to but he didn't realise.