My Nepenthe

By souji28

Nepenthe-- a fictional medicine for sorrow, pain. "Drug of forgetfulness" My take on the "inspiration" scene... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
New OS
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
New story
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 45

1K 117 116
By souji28

"How many days has it been since a girls' night out?" Anika asked her girl gang which consisted of herself, Gauri, Bhavya and Priyanka.

The four of them gathered in Shivika's room after the men left for work. Priyanka, Bhavya and Gauri were just making themselves comfortable in the room as Anika locked the door and walked to them.

"Ages," Bhavya exclaimed, smiling at the others.

"I declare that we are going to have our much needed gossip time tonight."

"Oh, night. Then should we go now and return at night Bhaujai?" Gauri asked.

"No, we are going to have the whole day to ourselves. Ditch your respective husbands for me."

"Sure," Priyanka readily agreed while Bhavya smirked looking at an anxious Gauri.

"May be we should give Gauri Bhabhi an exemption. Om bhaiyaa will not be very happy if..." she tried to save her when Anika cut her off.

"No exceptions. Prinku, take her phone and switch it off," she instructed and her orders were duly carried out by her partner in crime.

"Bhaujai, at least let me inform him," Gauri mumbled and got a glare in return.

"Where did he go with his boy squad to celebrate Prinku's good news yesterday?"

"He came back by evening Bhaujai."

"That is not the point. Did he take your permission before going? Shivaay ne to mujhe bataya hi nahi. Why are you being the ideal wife then? Don't let him take you for granted," Anika growled.

"Rightly said Anika Bhabhi, they have taken us for granted. I am the pregnant woman here but Ranveer shows more mood swings than me," she said in a sulking tone.

"They did tell us that they wanted to spend some Obro-time together, didn't they?" Gauri said.

"Exactly, so we will have our Obahu-time today."

"I am not an O-bahu, not yet. Rudra did not propose," Bhavya pointed out.

"Neither am I a bahu Bhavya," Priyanka smiled.

"Oh yeah, we are the only Obahus Gauri," Anika said the obvious, making her roll her eyes.

"I will inform him meri maa, don't make that face."

Having left with no other option Gauri sighed in give up.

"Great, so to start, how does it feel to be a mother," Anika asked Priyanka settling beside her on the bed.

Gauri and Bhavya who sat opposite to the pair on the couch, waited for the answer.

"I don't know. It feels nice, I guess," Priyanka said with a smile which did not reach her eyes.

The Obahus exchanged a look but Bhavya asked the next question.

"I thought you would say something like overwhelming and wonderful. The whole family made it a celebration yesterday."

"Sometimes, what everybody wants might not be what you want Bhavya."

"Kya matlab Priyanka, you do not..." Gauri asked in worry.

"No Bhabhi. I love my child but it is just that we did not plan this. Ranveer got over that fact the moment he knew that he is going to be a father but I am just taking time."

Gauri couldn't help the frown on her face as she couldn't fathom how a woman can have an issue with being a mother. She was about to voice out her thoughts when Anika squeezed her shoulder and gestured a no.

"You can take all the time in the world Prinku," she assured her friend who nodded at her.

"What are you in the mood for doing today?"

Priyanka thought for a long while before a bright smile broke out on her face.

"I feel like going to the spa. Will you join?"

"Kaa?"

"It is a place with masseuses."

Her face showed more confusion.

"I mean, they do massages with essential oils which relax the body Gauri Bhabhi," Priyanka explained.

"Oh, I remember seeing an ad on the TV last week. I don't think I will like ..."

"Forgo the massages then, you should come for a make-over. Aren't you joining classes next week?" she suggested.

"Great idea, mission make-over it is. I would love to see my Devar's face later on."

"This already seems like a bad idea," Gauri muttered sensing trouble.

Bhavya laughed as the other two jumped off the bed to drag her out of the couch.

****************************************************************************

"Om, how much more time do you need to come out?" Shivaay asked standing outside the bathroom door.

"I am almost done, I will be out in five minutes," came the yell from inside.

"This man takes too much time for a bath," Rudra complained and Ranveer chuckled.

The men patiently waited for the fourth one to join for the next ten minutes after which a freshly showered and dressed Omkara walked out of the bathroom.

"Finally," Rudra exclaimed and got an eye roll from his brother.

"What is it? Can't I bathe in peace?"

"Oh you can but we have lost our peace. These girls have decided to lock themselves in my room. Anika refused to let me in," Shivaay complained.

"Why?" Omkara asked in confusion.

"Girls night they said," Ranveer answered.

"Oh, I forgot. Anika Bhabhi messaged me earlier."

"You agreed to it?"

"Well, she wasn't asking for my permission, she just informed me Shivaay."

"Let us go and bring them back," Rudra said.

"Why are you getting tensed?" the other three chorused with raised eyebrows, making him conscious.

"Uhh,... I am just worried for my bhabhis. What if she manipulates them into shooting you guys. You are prone to hurt them and if they..."

"Really Rudy? So much concern for your brothers?" Ranveer smirked.

"Concern for you as well, don't you remember Prinku is there with them?"

"Very believable, kyun Shivaaay," Omkara said and Shivaay sighed.

"Om, I had a tiring day at work I need to change and have a bath as well, can you please hurry up?" the eldest asked in a plead making them feel sorry for him.

"Let us go."

****************************************************************************************

It was only for a few hours when Gauri had a relaxing time in the saloon after which she had to bear the endless torture of shopping with her sister in laws. They decided for her that she needed a wardrobe change and forced her to buy clothes which she wasn't fond of.

By the time they reached home, she was dead tired. All that she wanted was a pillow and she was ready to sleep on the floor. To her utter dismay, the girls had other indulging plans of a fashion show followed by a movie night.

They just started to show case the dresses which they purchased when her bade bhaiyya knocked on the door. She thought he would find some way out for her when he was mercilessly ousted out of his own room even before he saw her.

Disappointed, she waited for her husband to come and take her away from the gangsters.

"Gauri, try that crop top. It would suit your jeans," Anika ordered again and she wordlessly followed.

Argument will only goad her sister in law to get more adamant on making her try something more outrageous.

Shankar ji, aur kitna time sehna padega mujhe.....

As if in answer, Omkara's voice sounded through the door.

Smiling, she rushed to open the door when she was pulled back by Priyanka.

"Bhabhi, let her see what he wants," Bhavya said.

"I will open the door and ask," Anika announced before she went ahead to do the same.

"Hi Bhabhi," Omkara greeted, his eyes looking inside the room.

"What is it Om? Did that bagad billa send you here?"

"No, I came to take Gauri."

Anika frowned at her brother in law and asked, "Didn't I tell you that she will be with me?"

"Yeah, but you had her till now. She must be tired, let me take her now."

"No," she said, her nose flaring.

"Please," he asked again.

Anika folded her hands before her chest, shaking her head in a no and he sighed.

"Sorry Bhabhi," Omkara said with a smile before he looked to his side.

"What are you..."

Her words were cut short when her husband appeared and without an utter, pushed her out of the way as his brother walked inside.

"Om, get out now. Gauri will stay with us tonight," she growled, her hand reaching out to stop him.

"Shut up Anika," Shivaay said and pulled her back.

One look at his wife and Omkara gasped aloud.

His brothers who walked in behind him also widened their eyes looking at an uncomfortable Gauri.

"What did you do to my sister?" Shivaay was the one to voice out in displeasure.

If he saw any other girl dressed in an off shoulder crop top and skintight jeans with a hint of her waist put on show, Rudra would have appreciated with a low whistle but looking at his ever homely Chulbul Bhabhi in the sexy avtar numbed his mind.

Her face looked bright and shiny though her eyes couldn't hide the exhaustion. Her long waist length hair was curled and the lower half was colored to a burgundy brown.

Overall, his sister in law looked chick but blatantly unnatural.

"Prinku, leave her," Rudra heard his angry brother growl.

Since the siblings knew that one should not mess with an angry Omkara, Priyanka left Gauri's hand who happily walked towards her husband.

"God, what did they do to you," Omkara whispered as he caressed his wife's cheek.

She merely pouted and asked him in the same tone.

"They said it is more fashionable. Didn't you like it?"

His answer was a gentle smile and a kiss to her forehead, making her blush.

When the girls awed at the sight and the boys loudly cleared throats, Gauri squirmed in embarrassment but her husband held her close to him. Shifting his focus away from his wife, he looked at Anika.

"What is all this Bhabhi?"

"Gauri will join college soon. So, she wanted a make-over. We just helped."

His wife softly gasped from beside him and he rolled his eyes.

"I don't think it is her decision."

"Uhh.. she doesn't know bhaiyya. Look how hot she looks," Priyanka seconded Anika.

"She doesn't look very comfortable," Shivaay said with a glare.

"That is because she isn't used to it. She will become a pro in some days bhaiyya."

"Ranveer, take your wife out of here," Omkara ordered and the latter moved forward to obey.

Anika frowned at the men.

"No one is going anywhere; you boys get out of my room."

"The hell, they will. This is my room too and I badly need a change of clothes. You are turning into a bully day by day," Shivaay scolded his wife.

"I would have given you a fresh set billu ji. Why did you not ask before?"

"Were you even ready to listen?"

"But I thought..."

"Not a word more," he growled out making her shut up.

The men dragged their respective love interests out of the room while Shivaay waited for them to vacate and later on locked the door shut.

*********************************************************************************

"Did you like this look or not, tell me clearly," Gauri asked again after reaching their room.

"There is nothing that can make you look less attractive to me Gauri. What I did not like is that they forced it on you. Why didn't you tell them?"

"They wouldn't listen," she complained as she hugged him and he chuckled embracing her.

"I was waiting for you to come and save me. You chose today out of all days to come late."

"Sorry," he said kissing her temple.

"I took a day off work yesterday and was lagging in schedule. So, I thought I will complete one painting before coming home today."

"No problem, you still saved me. Bhaujai was suggesting a movie night and I was too exhausted to watch anything."

"Oh, you didn't tell them that you are tired?"

"Done, but they said they will put an English movie."

"Oh."

"It is very informative they said. We should also watch it sometime."

"Which one?"

Gauri thought for a while trying to remember the name.

"It is about some color."

"What?"

"Something called shades of grey," she said and he almost chocked on his saliva.

Parting from her, he stared at her face.

"Oh my God. Fifty shades of grey?"

"Yeah. We can watch it later right?"

Omkara tried his best not to burst out laughing because then he will have to explain the reasons to his innocent yet inquisitive wife. He wouldn't want to miss her expressions when he let her know it by herself when they'd watch it together when time permits.

"Sure," he managed with a smile.

"Hmmm," she mumbled, circling her hands around his neck.

Omkara leaned down to take her lips into passionate kiss and she eagerly opened her mouth to welcome him. When he trailed down her throat and reached her bare shoulders, curtesy of her off shoulder top, he relished the softness of her skin.

Taking a nip, he soothed it with his tongue when he heard her take his name in a scolding.

"Omkara ji, what did I tell you about the marks thing. I have to go to college in a few days."

He gave her a guilty smile as he said, "I cannot help it, you are so soft today."

Gauri closed her eyes as her husband gently rubbed the sore spot with his thumb, caressing her bare waist with his other hand.

"I feel like a sheared and battered sheep," she mumbled and he chuckled rubbing her shoulders.

As he continued to ease her, she leaned more into his touch in encouragement.

"Are you coming to drop me on my first day?"

"I will clear my schedule for that day."

"Good, Arjun sir wanted to meet you," she said casually when his hand stopped.

Gauri opened her eyes after a few seconds but he recovered by then.

"Anything wrong?"

"I will meet him later," he said looking away and she frowned.

"You don't like him?"

"Not exactly."

"He seemed to be a nice person Omkara ji and by the way he talked about you, I thought you both were friends."

"We were Gauri, before he lied. You know I don't take it lightly."

"Of course, who knows better than me," she quipped and he smiled.

Suddenly a thought struck him.

"Are you going to wear this to college," he said fingering her top.

"Yes," she said and he raised an eyebrow.

Gauri chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"This is the only short top they badgered me into buying. The rest are kurtis and a couple of comfy jeans. Does that relieve your stress?" she answered making him grin.

"Absolutely," he said picking her up.

"I am really tired today Omkara ji," she told him.

If he was disappointed, he tried not to show it on his face.

"Okay but get out of those jeans. We can cuddle for the night," he said and she nodded pecking his lips.

***********************************************************************

The next few days passed in a blur. Omkara dropped his wife to college on her first day making sure he did not cross paths with his frenemy.

Having reached early, Gauri sauntered through the corridors of the campus with eagerness of a child in a candy shop. She is living her dream of studying in a college and her happiness reflected in her face. After a walk around the college grounds, she was about to enter her class when she was greeted by a cheerful voice.

"Gauri."

She turned around to come face to face with Arjun Shastri.

"Good morning sir," she greeted back.

"Good morning. Your first day right? Did Om come to drop you?"

"Yeah, actually he said he has work so ..."

"I thought so," he said with a smile.

"I will make sure he meets you the next time he comes," she said in a formal tone and he chuckled.

"You don't need to cover up for him Gauri. Your husband can hold on to a grudge pretty bad."

Though she wanted to know more about the so called grudge, she decided to keep her silence.

Everybody need not know that her husband doesn't confide in her.

"What? You won't ask what it was about? I know he won't speak about it."

"Uhh... actually I have a class now."

"Sure, you go in. We can talk about Mehar later too."

"Mehar?"

"Yeah, your husband's almost girlfriend."

Gauri softly gasped in shock before anger started to raise inside her.

Hey Shankar ji, humare pati ka naam Omkara nahi Madhusudhan hona chahiye tha... khatam hi nahi hote unke gopiyon ka list.

The class can go to hell, she wanted to know all about whoever this Mehar was.

"No, I want to know sir. What about Mehar?"

"Don't you have a class to attend Gauri?" Arjun quipped and she couldn't help but mentally curse him.

"Mehar can wait until the lunch break. We will talk then."

"But..."

"No, you should focus. Have a great day ahead," he wished and moved away.

Gauri disappointedly stared at his retreating back for a while before turning around to enter her class. Her mind was filled with questions but she decide to push them to the back of her head until later.

*****************************************************************************

Couldn't help that... 😈

Next update mein story padh lena, Gauri ke saath.🙈❤

Until later, signing off...yours Soujanya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.5K 5.3K 28
starting from when gauri disguise herself as chulbul and was living with omkara.... read to know more.... . This story carries adventure, secrets, do...
41.7K 3K 23
it's a mysterious love story.... And dangerous too... With a little touch of horror.... I am sure you like it... give it a try... don't forget to vot...
3.9K 277 3
Two different lives connected to each other in a way which wasn't close but can't be ignored. An accident brings them together tied in a knot which t...
2.1K 93 18
NEPENTHE - a person, place or thing. Which can aid in forgetting your pain and suffering. - Minho x OC - The maze runner trilogy