Reborn: Femme Fatale First Da...

By ZelineJohnson

Author: Lian Shuang She was disfigured and her mother died an innocent death. A cup of poison wine was not en... More

1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
71-80
81-90
91-100
101-110
111-120
121-130
131-140
141-150
151-160
161-170
171-180
181-190
191-200
201-210
211-220
221-230
231-240
241-250
251-260
261-270
271-280
281-290
291-300
301-310
311-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
371-380
381-390
391-400
401-410
411-420
421-430
431-440
441-450
451-460
461-470
471-480
481-490
491-500
501-510
511-520
521-530
531-540
541-550
551-560
561-570
571-580
581-590
591-600
601-610
611-620
621-630
631-640
641-650
651-660
661-670
671-680
681-690
691-700
701-710
711-720
721-730
731-739

740-743 (End)

3.5K 95 37
By ZelineJohnson

Chapter 740 The End (1)

Yan Empress heaved a sigh of relief. Seeing Lan Yanwen looking calm, she said politely, "That's right, that's right. I can't stay here any longer. I'll leave this to you." She was still the dignified Empress of the Yan Kingdom.

"Goodbye, Your Majesty!" Lan Yanwen lowered his head and bowed respectfully, which was no different from his usual attitude. Yan Empress waved her hand with satisfaction, took her people to get on the carriage at the back door and returned to the deep palace.

Yan Empress left, surrounded by a large group of people. Lan Yanwen slowly raised his head, and his beautiful eyes were inexplicably deep in the flickering light. He stared at the back of Yan Empress and walked to Princess Royal's body that was lying on the ground, speechless for a moment.

The night was very quiet, as if the sound of people's breathing could be heard!

After a long time, Lan Yanwen ordered, "Somebody, take Princess Royal Mingzhu out! Along with this nanny!" His eyes became as light as clean water, and his voice was gentle.

"Yes."

"Send her to the path leading to the Lan Manor. There is a forest behind the manor, where there are some stones."

"Get it. I'll do it right away!"

In the dark, Mo Xuetong choked up. She bit her lips and suppressed the sadness in her heart, listening carefully to the voices outside. When all the sounds were gone, she still did not dare to make any noise. This was the Lan Manor. Lan Yanwen, who became Minister of Public Works at a young age, was definitely not an ordinary person. As Yan Empress went out of control and behaved excessively, he just stood aside in an indifferent manner.

He didn't seem to be impulsive, nor did he seem to believe what Princess Royal said!

It was as if he truly thought that Princess Royal wanted to bite Yan Empress back before she died. However, Mo Xuetong knew that Princess Royal had succeeded. She had successfully aroused the Lan family's suspicions of Yan Empress. If Lan Yanwen was truly loyal to Yan Empress, he should have been the one to come out and question Princess Royal earlier instead of allowing Princess Royal to die at the hands of Yan Empress.

To throw the corpses on Yan Empress's way to the palace was to make people suspect Yan Empress. No matter how Bai Yihao and Yan Empress fought in the end, it had nothing to do with the Lan family. The Lan family was wary of Yan Empress, or perhaps the Lan family had to rethink their partner. Yan Empress was completely ignorant of this. On this point, Yan Empress had already lost.

The disaster had been diverted. Even if Bai Yihao found out that Princess Royal did not die in that forest, he would only think that she had met Yan Empress by chance, and gotten into an argument with the latter and died in the hands of Yan Empress. Then, Yan Empress threw the body into the forest. Everything was natural, as if Lan Yanwen had thought about it beforehand!

He was unfathomable!

Holding the letter handed to her by Princess Royal tightly in her hand, Mo Xuetong was now absolutely sure that Princess Royal had seen her just now. Although she hid very well, Princess Royal was very close to her. Especially when Nanny Qin was hit to death, she was only one step away from her. Then, when Princess Royal rushed over, she must have found her.

Later, Princess Royal silently held Nanny Qin in her arms and took several steps to one side, shifting everyone's attention to her. So others didn't find Mo Xuetong.

"Tong'er, move quickly. Hold me tight!" Feng Yuran's voice suddenly rang in her ears. Mo Xuetong did not even have time to react before she was picked up. She wrapped her arms around his muscular waist subconsciously and did not dare to move. She heard the noise outside the rockery as someone yelled, "There's a thief, quick. Thief! Catch the thief!"

However, when she heard the yell going away, she was held to jump out of the rockery by Feng Yuran and taken to the backyard wall. She looked up and saw that there was a faint light in the distance and heard the shouting of the crowd, but it was different from the direction she and Feng Yuran were heading to. She realized that it was Feng Yuran's diversionary strategy.

The wind whistled in her ears. Mo Xuetong did not dare to think of anything else and she only snuggled tightly in Feng Yuran's embrace.

As expected, Feng Yuran had really gotten the ancestral root of the Yuxiao Flower, which was deeply hidden by the Lan family. In fact, he came at a good time. Because of Bai Yihao's departure, the Lan family let down their guard. He appeared at their weakest point of defense. Feng Yuran had his people watch here all the time. With a swift strike, he got what he wanted and then left. The Lan family could not catch up with him even if they wanted to.

Feng Yuran did not wait for Bai Yihao to return. In the end, he left a letter in Bai Yihao's study and then brought Mo Xuetong back to the Qin Kingdom. The Lan family had also known that their ancestral root was missing and followed him all the way. At the intersection to the Qin Kingdom, Qin Yufeng sent someone to stop them and come to Feng Yuran's aid. Qin Yufeng was now an official at the border of the Yan Kingdom. Feng Yuran and the others rested for a while before heading to the capital.

The capital was in chaos because Feng Yuran had sneaked away. Emperor Zongwen sent someone to quickly chase Feng Yuran back to the capital. Mo Xuetong naturally followed him back.

The two returned to King Xuan's Manor together. After a while, Feng Yuran left Mo Xuetong to rest in the manor and he took advantage of the night to enter the palace to discuss matters with the Emperor. It was late when he returned to the manor. Furthermore, it was the same every day in the next few days. On the surface, Consort Xuan was seriously ill and King Xuan had no intention of dealing with politics.

What happened next was abrupt and dramatic.

Imperial Noble Consort Wen's case was dug out. It turned out that King Yan, Feng Yulei, was her son. The Empress took out the evidence she searched. The evidence was as solid as a mountain, making the whole court in an uproar. With such a vicious mother, King Yan was badly discredited. Imperial Noble Consort Wen hung herself in the palace. King Yan was forced to take the risk and rebel with Mingguo Manor and some people from Ding General Manor. He wanted to use the people arranged by Imperial Noble Consort Wen back then to force the Emperor to abdicate.

The palace was in chaos. Emperor Zongwen was ill in Qianqing Palace because of anger. The Empress Dowager was frightened and died in Cining Palace. King Ning was almost killed. King Yan's people caught the Empress and strangled her to death in Tianfeng Palace to avenge Imperial Noble Consort Wen. Consort Zhao, Consort Yu, and the others in the palace were all beheaded. Blood flowed like a river.

Fortunately, King Chu and Ding General Manor had settled the chaos. King Yan had been defeated; his title had been stripped; and he would be imprisoned for the rest of his life.

Mingguo Manor was seized and all the family members were executed.

Ding General Manor took part first in the rebellion and then in putting it down. Their fault outweighed their merit. The hereditary duke's manor was degraded to an earl's manor. After this battle, Ding Earl Manor was in civil strife. Some of the rebels fled from the Qin Kingdom and went straight to the Yan Kingdom; they wanted to seek refuge with Yan Empress. Ding Earl Manor could no longer have the status of a super aristocratic family as before. With the death of the Empress Dowager and the Empress, the largest family of the Empress in the Qin Kingdom had fallen.

One of the two super families perished and the other declined. They became the loser of a new round of fighting for the throne.

When King Chu rescued Emperor Zongwen, many ministers asked the Emperor to confer the Crown Prince upon King Chu. However, some ministers produced evidence that King Chu's arm had been disabled. Later, there were rumors that King Chu was the one who killed his original wife, Ling Fengyan. The personal maidservant who served Ling Fengyan escaped from death back then. In the golden palace, she pointed out that King Chu was vicious and forced Ling Fengyan to die; she even took out Ling Fengyan's last words written before her death.

King Chu's right arm was severely injured and would never recover. Feng Yuxuan had lost an opportunity to get the throne close at hand; Coupled with Ling Fengyan's incident, everything indicated that Feng Yuxuan had evil intentions and was fierce and heartless. He was stripped of his title of King Chu and was demoted to be King of Chu; then he was banished to the border of his land and could never return to the capital unless he was summoned.

Feng Yuran was appointed as the Crown Prince and Mo Xuetong was appointed as the Crown Prince's consort. They were ranked in the East Palace! King Xuan's Manor had picked out some trusted subordinates and chose an auspicious day to move into the East Palace. The fight for the throne of the Qin Kingdom had come to an end. The officials were not optimistic about the new Crown Prince and thought that he could not control the chaos for a while.

However, they did not expect Feng Yuran to be so decisive and ruthless that he had managed to control the situation within a few days. The officials could not help but sigh that they misjudged him. Therefore, they grew more and more careful with their work. Feng Yuran seemed to be truly sly and unfathomable. He had been wild and arrogant in the past, but now, people realized that he was only acting on the surface.

Remainders of Ding General Manor fled to the First Prince of the Yan Kingdom and asked him to incite the Yan Emperor to fight against the Qin Kingdom in order to seek revenge for the Empress Dowager, the Empress, and Ding General Manor. After a few decades of peace, the Great Qin and the Great Yan started a war again!

In the main hall of the Crown Prince's wife in the inner courtyard of the East Palace.

Mo Lan looked at Mo Xuetong who was looking out of the window from time to time and said with concern, "Your Highness, His Highness has not returned yet. You can eat by yourself first!" Ever since they entered the East Palace, Feng Yuran had been too busy to be seen. Her mistress was getting more and more worried and could not even eat. It was already late and she still wanted to wait for the Crown Prince to come back and have dinner with him.

"I'm not hungry anyway. I just ate some," Mo Xuetong replied with a smile. Looking at the dishes on the table, she added, "Mother Xu's cooking skill is getting better and better. They look so tasty even though I haven't eaten yet."

"If you could have more, Mother Xu would be even happier," Mo Lan uttered helplessly. Mother Xu had been sent to the palace by Mo Huawen a few days ago.

"Don't worry. I will definitely eat more when His Highness comes. Don't mind me eating too much then," Mo Xuetong teased. Even though she was still very weak, she was much better than before. After all, Bai Yihao had given her the right medicine and his medical skills were superb.

"What do you mean don't mind you eating too much? Are you talking about me?" Feng Yuran's voice came from outside, sounding lazy and devilish. Then the door curtain lifted and Feng Yuran, dressed in purple robe embroidered with dragons, walked in. He wore a half smile on his handsome face, looking enchanting and attractive; his eyes were deep and charming. Mo Xuetong could not help but sigh. He was so busy every day, but he was still handsome and refreshing.

However, she had been weak all day long. She felt more and more unfair. She pouted unhappily and said, "I just feel that you've eaten too little. Where did you eat these days? You looked so full every day when you came back."

Her words sounded jealous and coy. Mo Xuetong also sensed it herself, so she blushed immediately. She sat down at the table and got the maidservants to serve dishes.

"Tong'er, I haven't had enough to eat these days. I usually skipped meals, and couldn't eat any hot food. Your place is so good. I can finally have hot food." Feng Yuran heaved a long sigh of relief after saying that. Not caring if others were around, he went straight to hold Mo Xuetong in his arms, leaned against her neck, and took a deep breath. Then he sighed with satisfaction.

Mo Xuetong's heart ached when she learned how busy Feng Yuran was. She cast a glance at the maidservants who had left with smiles on their faces and their heads down as her face was still red. However, she could not help asking, "Why isn't there any warm food in the palace? Why didn't you order a hot meal to be served?"

"How could there be no hot meals? But I was so busy that I didn't even have time to eat. After being hungry for too long, I didn't want to eat anymore. So I just had some food casually," Feng Yuran smiled. He approached her and kissed her cherry-like lips. Then, he took the chopsticks beside him, picked up a piece of mushroom and put it in her mouth.

Mo Xuetong chewed it twice, swallowed it and asked hurriedly, "Is Father still ill?" Feng Yuran had been helping the Emperor deal with the memorials to the throne these days, which was why he was so busy. However, he had been secretly doing this before, and he was not so busy. Suddenly, a thought flashed through her mind. She instantly grabbed his hand and anxiously asked, "Is there anything else?"

"It's not a big deal. The two countries are at war. Bai Yihao has come to the front, and I have to see him no matter what." Feng Yuran wrapped his arms around her slender waist and said casually with a lazy smile.

Fight with Bai Yihao? Mo Xuetong's body shuddered and then stiffened. She lifted her head and looked at Feng Yuran carefully. Then, she bit her lips and asked, "Has it been decided? Do you have to go?"

The opponent was Bai Yihao. How could she not be frightened?

In her past life, Bai Yihao had gained his reputation as the iron-blooded Emperor from wars. Even though Feng Yuran was powerful, he had disappeared after he went to the Southern Barbarian Lands in her past life. She did not know how he was at war. Thinking of Bai Yihao's illustrious fame in her past life, Mo Xuetong was a little worried.

"Fu General Manor has its own troops and the King of Xian is too far away. Most of the original troops of Ding General Manor are in the Qin Kingdom. Even though Qin Yufeng is capable, he does not have much power. People who don't have much power would not be able to suppress them. It would be most suitable for me to go." Feng Yuran looked at her in the eye. His eyes were as deep and dark as the light in the night sky. However, one could not look at him for too long, afraid that they would out of sorts under his gaze.

Looking at Mo Xuetong's worried eyes, he kissed her forehead and told her seriously, "Don't worry. I will be fine."

Mo Xuetong closed her eyes. She knew that this was the only way to deal with the current situation. His gentle voice gave her a great sense of security, and she was willing to trust him.

"I'm going to leave in a few days. If you feel bored, ask your mother to come and accompany you."

"I'm okay. Who will go to war with you?"

"Don't worry. Qin Yufeng has already made plans. He is willing to fight alongside me this time."

"Qin Yufeng?"

"Yes. Don't worry, Tong'er. I know that he used to work for Elder brother. However, he has been working for me after you were kidnapped. He was the one who investigated the ancestral root of the Yuxiao Flower and guessed where it might be. Furthermore, he asked to go to the borders to help me out. That was why I managed to succeed with one strike and took the ancestral root of the Yuxiao Flower away," Feng Yuran smiled devilishly when he saw how worried she was. He picked up the pair of chopsticks, placed some food in Mo Xuetong's mouth and leisurely watched as she ate.

Mo Xuetong swallowed hard and asked in surprise, "Qin Yufeng works for you now?"

"Yes. You don't have to worry about me now that I have such an omnipotent talent to be with me," Feng Yuran said with a smile; his eyes were as gentle as water.

Mo Xuetong was slightly stunned. She thought of the dream that she had been having recently, and a complicated smile appeared on her face!

Perhaps it had really been destined since her last life. Once the two of them missed each other, they could only miss each other again and again!

He had caused her to die and then tried every means to resurrect her. After they had met again, neither of them remembered the other.

Well, no matter if it was revenge or gratitude, let it be!

Chapter 741 The End (2)

Since Yan Kingdom had taken in some remainders of Ding General Manor, the country would definitely become the Qin Kingdom's enemy. Bai Yihao was the commander-in-chief of Yan Kingdom. On the surface, the only person in the Qin Kingdom who could suppress the troops of Ding General Manor was King Xuan, Feng Yuran. In the past, Fu General and King of Xian were on different sides of Ding General Manor. They seemed to be friendly on the surface, but in private, they held each other back.

The war drew near. Feng Yuran bid farewell to Mo Xuetong and led the army to the border. It was winter, so it was a little cold. Mo Xuetong stood on a small mountain town outside the city gate and could not help crying with a handkerchief in her hand when she saw the purple general's robe disappear from her sight.

Mo Xuetong felt sad and could not hold back her tears when she thought that he had to go to the battle field and could not sleep well. The war was urgent and he had to go. However, knowing was one thing; but her emotions was another. She was truly worried. Bai Yihao was still a man like mountain far away from her in her past life.

"Tong'er, leave first as you're weak. Don't make His Highness worry about you after he leaves," Xu Yan, who had a big belly, comforted Mo Xuetong in a low voice. She was about to give birth, but she was still worried and followed behind Mo Xuetong. She looked good and much more charming. She was no longer the lonely girl she used to be, no matter in terms of demeanor or appearance.

"Mother, I'm fine. You don't have to stay in the manor with me. You're heavily pregnant. Take a good rest and give birth to a boy to be my brother." Mo Xuetong stopped exposing her sadness and wiped her tears. A faint smile painted her face as she spoke to Xu Yan with a smile.

Mo Yufeng had already been expelled from the Mo Manor. Even though he had recovered from his injuries after being beaten so badly, he had already become lame. One day, he somehow died along the streets.

As such, both Mo Huawen and Mo Xuetong valued the child in Xu Yan's belly.

"I am not so delicate. Furthermore, who knows if it's a younger brother." Xu Yan sighed and smiled bitterly. She really hoped that she could have a son. Judging by the current situation of the Mo Manor, they really needed a man to inherit the family. If she could give birth to a boy this time, she would be able to stand firm in the Mo Manor.

It was because Xu Yan did not have a younger brother that she and her mother could not live in their family of origin. That was why she had to seek refuge with her aunt in the capital. Money could stir the heart. Her father left a good fortune. but the clansmen were greedy. If it had not been for the protection of Fu General Manor, she and her mother would have lived on the streets back then. It was because her mother did not have a son.

"Mother, don't worry. Even if it isn't a younger brother this time, you can pregnant next time. Father is not old and you are even younger," Mo Xuetong comforted Xu Yan when she saw her words aroused her worry.

"I can only think that way. With your words, I have more confidence." Xu Yan also smiled sincerely.

The two of them held each other and got on the horse carriage. At Mo Xuetong's insistence, Xu Yan returned to the Mo Manor.

When the spring came and flowers bloomed, it would be the time for him to return!

It was all that Feng Yuran had promised Mo Xuetong!

Seeing that Mo Xuetong was hesitating, Mo Ye thought that she was concerned about that matter. Thus, she went up to her and asked, "My Lady, what about the nunnery?"

"There's no need to have someone keep an eye on her. Just let her be!" Mo Xuetong responded lightly. There were some things that she was unwilling to pursue. So what if she was wrong or right? So many years had passed; since she did not want others to disturb her life, then Mo Xuetong would give her peace and quiet...

In the letter left by Princess Royal, everything was clearly explained. Consort Jin had her excuse for not to recognize her and her mother. It was reasonable; but in terms of emotion, she really could not accept it. In her last life, even if, even if she could give her a hand...

Forget it. Since Consort Jin didn't recognize her, she wouldn't disturb her peace!

At the border, the two armies confronted each other. The soldiers were deployed, waiting for fight and building their own military forces. The war was on the verge of breaking out. No one knew that the commanders-in-chief of the two armies had agreed to meet in a forest on the edge of the battlefield at this time.

On the left, Bai Yihao was dressed in a silver robe embroidered with fire-cloud patterns; his waist was tied with a black belt as wide as a palm with a silver buckle; his long hair was tied to his head with a silver crown; he wore a black cloak and sat straight on the chair; his face was exquisite and beautiful, making him look as handsome as an immortal.

However, due to the white and black campaign gown, his gentleness made people feel cold for no reason. His handsome eyes were extremely clear and beautiful, as deep as dark jade. It was hard for people to see what he was thinking. There was a hint of bloodthirsty sharpness in his eyes. He was no longer the seemingly free-spirited Sir Bai, who was as elegant as an immortal on the streets of the Qin Kingdom's capital.

On the right, Feng Yuran was wearing a purple robe, which was gorgeous and flamboyant, just like him; he was gorgeous, charming, and a little lazy. Although he was wearing a suit of armor, it still made people feel that he was enchanting. His dark jade-like pretty eyes looked a little aggressive. He looked around with his beautiful eyes. It was only when people looked at him carefully that they found the evil look in his eyes.

The two most outstanding men in the world, a pair of beautiful young men who were as beautiful as the moon and demons, had the same distinguished status and stunning appearance. Moreover, they were the commanders-in-chief of both sides of the battle. Unexpectedly, in such a small place, they sat there and drank wine, as if they were very close to each other.

The small tent was set up here. Outside the tall tent, it was snowing. The first snow in this winter fell down like this. The two handsome young men in the forest were playing chess, and they looked as if they were immortals from outer space.

"I want her!" It was the first thing Bai Yihao said. His gentle eyes were filled with determination. He reached out, took out a piece of paper from his arms and handed it to Feng Yuran. "Even though you once destroyed one of them, the engagement agreement has always been done in duplicate. If I were to make it public, how would you marry her as your legal wife? How would she be the Crown Prince's wife in the Qin Kingdom?"

The engagement agreement Bai Yihao carried had been stolen by Feng Yuran and then burned by Mo Xuetong. However, there was no engagement agreement in the Mo Manor, so Feng Yuran had already known that Bai Yihao still had the other one. He glanced at it coldly and squinted at the engagement agreement on the table. It was an old piece of paper and one could tell at a glance that it had been some time.

Feng Yuran gently lifted his jade-like hand, and a black chess piece fell from his hand. "If you really want to marry her, why didn't you ask for it back then? I remember that you could have asked for it before I did. Or do you just want the jade token in her hand? I can promise to give it to you!" he asked leisurely, looking noble but evil. He did not give in at all.

Then he took out something and placed it in front of Bai Yihao.

That was the jade token that had been in Mo Xuetong's hand; it was a jade token that could command secret guards. There was another secret in it. That jade token could connect with the jade tokens in Princess Shuanglan's and Princess Royal's hands and formed a large jade token. It was said that one could find the treasure left behind by King Jin back then, and that King Jin's blank imperial edict and his personal seal were all in it.

However, it was a rumor after all. Only Mo Xuetong and he knew that in fact, King Jin's personal seal was in Mo Xuetong's jade bangle. There was an occasional chance that Mo Xuetong fell and broke the jade bangle. Only then did she realize that it was hollow inside. There was also a note that King Jin had left behind with King Jin's private seal.

There was no blank imperial edict at all. If there was really a blank imperial edict, how could King Jin be defeated?

The jade bangle and the other jade bangle were just a pair. King Jin emptied one of them and put his personal seal and the paper he had left behind in it. He gave the pair of jade bangles to his eldest daughter, Princess Shuanglan. He thought that no matter who got it, they would always keep such precious jade bangles carefully. Furthermore, one of them was real. No one would think that there was a secret in one of them.

However, he did not expect the incident to happen so suddenly. King Jin did not have the time to get someone to bring the news to Princess Shuanglan before he died. Consort Jin, who knew the truth, was saved by Fu General's wife after she escaped. The two of them gave birth to children about the same time. However, the girl that Fu General's wife gave birth to died within a day due to her weak constitution. Hence, Luo Xia became the daughter of Fu General.

After that, Luo Xia married Mo Huawen and stayed in Cloud City with him. Who would have thought that Princess Shuanglan would appear and ask Luo Xia to go with her? How could Luo Xia, who already had a husband and daughter, be willing to go with her? As such, Princess Shuanglan left in a fit of anger. Then, when Princess Shuanglan appeared again, she wanted to get engaged for Mo Xuetong and her son. Luo Xia, who felt sorry for her elder sister, had no choice but to agree.

As such, the jade bangle had strangely fallen into Luo Xia's hands. After Nanny Ming's reminder, Luo Xia knew how important the jade bangle was, so she gave it to Mo Xuetong before she died. She thought that if her daughter were to reach the end of her rope in the future, she could use it to seek her own path of life. Thus, even though she had gotten Nanny Ming to swear on her daughter's name, she had said at the end that if Mo Xuetong asked about the jade bangle, Nanny Ming had to tell her everything in detail.

There was no imperial edict and King Jin's personal seal was in the jade bangle. King Jin's secret guards had already fallen into Feng Yuran's hands. The secret guards in Mo Xuetong's hands had worked for Bai Yihao. In fact, there was no difference if she gave the jade token to Bai Yihao or not. Therefore, Feng Yuran took it out generously.

"I don't want it. She is my fiancee. I only want her." Bai Yihao pushed the jade token away and narrowed his eyes. There was a hint of viciousness in his gentle eyes. "I have already sent someone to kidnap her. As long as she falls into my hands, there will definitely be rumors of her losing her reputation in the capital. She will no longer be the Crown Prince's wife of the Qin Kingdom."

"Do you have to destroy her?" The corners of Feng Yuran's lips curled up dangerously. No one would let down their guard when they fought against each other mentally.

"I don't want to destroy her, but I want her!" Bai Yihao did not answer him directly. Instead, he said confidently, "If you are willing to return her to me, I will withdraw my troops now and give you the next five cities of Yan Kingdom to help you become the Qin Emperor who has achieved untold feats."

The Qin Kingdom and Yan Kingdom had been at war off and on for hundreds of years, but no one could do anything to the other. The two royal families both wanted to conquer each other. If he really got five cities of Yan Kingdom, Feng Yuran would be one of the greats in history. It was a tempting thing for an ambitious Emperor.

Bai Yihao had always known that Feng Yuran was an ambitious man!

The white chess piece in his hand landed on a corner and blocked the way of Feng Yuran's chess piece at the corner!

"She is my wife. I can't give her to anyone. It's my wish to fight with Yan Kingdom. If I want your cities, I will take them from the battlefield. As for to be one of the greats in history, if I don't have her company, I will be too lonely!" Feng Yuran smiled devilishly. He did not hesitate to put down the black chess piece in his hand. He took over a piece of land that Bai Yihao did not expect, and ate a few of Bai Yihao's white chess pieces.

"I have an army of 100,000 and they are under my direct control. How can you beat me? If you lose, I can rush to the Qin Kingdom's capital and take her away, making her my Crown Prince's wife." Bai Yihao narrowed his eyes slightly and stared at the chess game. A pretty smile appeared on his lips. "If I don't give you the antidote now, you won't be able to save her either."

The ancestral root of the Yuxiao Flower stolen by Feng Yuran was left to Bai Yihao in the end. If anyone in the world could make out the antidote to the poison in Mo Xuetong's body in the present world, it would be Bai Yihao.

He was using this to threaten Feng Yuran because he did not believe that Feng Yuran would disregard Mo Xuetong's life. The antidote in his arms now, but he would not take it out at this time. He thought of the intelligent woman who was cold and charming. His lips curled up and his smile was gentle and elegant. His smile was so warm that the wind and snow outside the tent could not even block it.

He wanted her! He would definitely get her! And he believed that he would get her!

Without the antidote, Mo Xuetong would not be able to live. If she wanted to live, she had to be sent to him. If Feng Yuran really liked Mo Xuetong, he would not take her life as a bet. Bai Yihao was confident that he was the only one in the world who could really make the antidote!

No one had ever done it in the past, and no one would ever do it in the future!

Chapter 742 The End (3)

Looking at the confident Bai Yihao who had a smile in his eyes, Feng Yuran suddenly put on an enchanting smile. He squinted at him and asked, "Tong'er is smart. If she knew that it was your mother who poisoned her mother back then and the poison in Auntie Fang's hands was left by your mother, what would you do?"

This was a fatal blow, and Bai Yihao hid it in his heart. He thought that no one would mention it!

The smile froze on Bai Yihao's handsome face. For a moment, there was a hint of blood in the corner of his warm eye. He put away the smile on his lip corners and looked at Feng Yuran viciously. "You're really funny. How could that poison have something to do with my mother?"

That was the topic he didn't dare to mention. He even felt guilty and his heart was even twisted.

"It's a strange poison, so it must have come from a strange place. There was no way for an ordinary concubine to get it. Even though Auntie Fang died in the residence, Tong'er has always suspected it. I heard that you once asked someone to tell them that you could help Tong'er's mother get rid of the poison, but she had to go to the Yan Kingdom to get the antidote. At that time, Princess Shuanglan was already dead. If anyone else knew about it, it would definitely be you. Could you say that you didn't know about it?"

A hint of pain flashed in Bai Yihao's eyes. He held a white piece in his hand and looked at the piece falling into debris and powder. The debris and powder fell on the chessboard and covered half of it, making it snow-white and cold. He pushed the chessboard away and stood up. His beautiful eyes lost their usual gentleness and were full of coldness that couldn't be suppressed. He said coldly to Feng Yuran, "You win!"

After finishing talking, he turned around and strode out.

He knew that; he knew it all along...

That was why he had never taken the engagement seriously. Perhaps, his mother had only wanted to punish her disobedient younger sister back then. However, she had not expected Mo Xuetong's mother to be so stubborn that she refused to leave the Qin Kingdom even when she was about to die. In the end, the two sisters' children became enemies. Then how could they get married?

It was him who didn't give up. He wanted to have a try! He wanted to have her goodness and didn't want to give up. So he did things that made her sad again and again. He had thought that he would make it up to her in the future. No matter what she wanted, he would satisfy her. But he didn't expect that what happened in the past would slowly surface!

If the two of them, who were destined to be enemies, became husband and wife, what would Mo Xuetong do! As such, he had never mentioned what had happened back then; he had buried everything in his memory. He had secretly done something to push the Yu family to decline. He had been involved in Auntie Fang's death and Mo Xuemin's failure.

He just wanted to bury his mother's association with her third aunt. He must not let her find out!

He could hide everything. He could...

But now he found that he failed...

Tong'er was so smart, so how could she not doubt it at all? If Tong'er knew the truth, the two of them would be enemies. Harming her mother made them sworn against each other. How would she deal with it...

If her mother hadn't died because of the chronic poison, she would not have lived so hard afterwards. Later, he had investigated her past in Cloud City and found that she had a bad reputation in the city. It was Auntie Fang and Mdm Yu, who secretly manipulated it and ruined her reputation. She was thrown into the Qin family in Cloud City and lived under the shelter of others.

Then, the girl of the Yu family framed her, tried to disfigure her face and ruin her reputation...

After everything she had been through, a girl, who was only 13 years old, was still brave enough to stand in front of others. It required a lot of courage. As he felt sorry for her, he blamed himself even more. If it weren't for him, she would still be a girl who acted like a spoiled child in her mother's arms and would not live such a hard life!

What right did he have to try to get her?

However, he still had a wishful thinking. He thought that as long as he was always good to her and protected her, he could make up for what his mother had done in the past. When everyone who knew about that matter died, there would be no trace of it, and Tong'er would never know about it. As long as Tong'er did not know, she would be happy because he would bring her happiness!

However, Feng Yuran's words woke him up!

Some things didn't need evidence. As long as there was a thorn in his heart, it couldn't be taken out. There was no witness who could directly testify against him. But what about the heart? What he wanted was her heart. With a thorn in her heart, how could he really let him enter her heart? What he wanted to give her was happiness, not to let her live in hatred for the rest of her life.

Maybe they were destined to be strangers from the beginning!

Her heart ached so much that he could not breathe for a moment. It felt as if something was slowly fading away. Bai Yihao held his forehead with his hands and staggered. Two lines of light blood fell from the corners of his eyes. The scene in front of him became blurred.

Lin Yu took several steps forward and held him. When he turned around, he shouted in astonishment, "Your Highness, your eyes..." There were two lines of faint bloodstains hung from the corners of his eyes on his handsome and jade-like face.

"There's no need to panic. I'm fine." Bai Yihao stood still and took a deep breath. He suppressed the blood in his heart and a weary and bitter smile crept over his lips. How could the Yuxiao Flower's ancestral root be easily used in medicine? In order to make the medicine, he used his heart and blood to mix the remaining antidote in his body with the Yuxiao Flower's ancestral root. That was how he was able to make the antidote.

The poison of the ancient witch tribe was the antidote to another poison of the ancient witch tribe!

But with the passing of time, his mother had already fed the last antidote of the ancient witch tribe to him when he was a child. There was no antidote in this world!

"Your Highness, in order to make the antidote for her, you hurt your eyes. Doesn't she forgive Her Highness's unintentional mistake in the past?" Lin Yu knew everything, so he said indignantly for Bai Yihao. Even if Princess Shuanglan was really in the wrong back then, couldn't Mo Xuetong forgive her when his Highness was in such a situation?

Bai Yihao stood up and a little sight had returned to his eyes. He took the handkerchief that Lin Yu handed him and wiped the blood from the corners of his eyes. Looking at the falling white snow in front of him, he said lightly, "It's all in the past. Get someone to bring the antidote to the Crown Prince of the Qin Kingdom." He had always been a proud person. Since it had come to this point, what else could he ask for?

"In the battle tomorrow, send out all the people of Duke Ding from the Qin Kingdom. We will retreat for five kilometers first, and then attack the south of the Qin army!" Bai Yihao said calmly. There was a trace of viciousness in his gentle eyes, which made the smile on his lips cold and bloodthirsty.

The people in the south of the Qin army were also the remaining troops of Duke Ding. The two armies confronted each other. They were in brotherhood before, but now they met on the battleground...

Bai Yihao believed that Feng Yuran would understand what he meant!

The two countries were at war, and one of the parties was her husband. Mo Xuetong must be worried!

Since he owed her, he would treat it as a return. He only hoped that in the next life, there would be no more grudges between him and her; she could also love him as much as he loved her; furthermore, he could meet her first, fast, a little faster....

"Your Highness..." Lin Yu said anxiously as he had understood what Bai Yihao meant.

"There's no need to say anything else. Release Qing Zhu and the others. The matter about the Lan family and Lan Yanwen must be reported as soon as possible." Bai Yihao trotted away in the snow; his figure was firm and noble!

Although he was as gentle as jade, he gave people a sharp and decisive feeling, like a sword being drawn out of its sheath!

Since Bai Yihao had made up his mind, it was useless to persuade him. Lin Yu sighed and had to follow him closely.

Inside the tent, Feng Yuran had been standing at the door, watching the lonely figure in black and white firmly walking forward step by step.

"Your Highness, will Sir Bai give us the antidote?" Feng Yue asked worriedly.

"Yes, he will!" Feng Yuran nodded. That man was so proud that he must have made a new decision!

Since he had already given up, he would not do anything to hurt Tong'er!

The war situation of the two countries was beyond everyone's expectation. In the first battle, the Yan army was defeated, and they fled, leaving Duke Ding's people. The Qin army chased after them. Later, the Yan army attacked the south side of the Qin army. The one who led the south side of the Qin army used to be Duke Ding's subordinate. After the battle with the Yan army, they met the troops who went to the Yan army for shelter.

Although the two sides hesitated for a moment, when they saw the flag of the Crown Prince rising from behind them at the same time, they immediately rushed forward. They were once compatriots; their blood dyed yellow sand; the former comrades-in-arms extended swords to each other; either of them would I die. With the Crown Prince of their country behind them, they dared not and could not have any thoughts.

Fight, fight, fight, fight...

"General, we don't have many people. These bastards actually dare to attack us. Now, please ask His Highness for help." At the front line of the Yan army, the surrendered Ding General Manor's soldiers desperately surrounded a high-ranking officer. Their clothes were stained with blood, and they roared!

"It's useless. They made plans before acted. He is decisive. We failed not because of the war." The former well-groomed young master, Marquis Ding, Ling Mingfeng, threw down the helmet in his hand, picked up the sword that was dripping with blood, and placed it on his neck. He let out a few sighs. Looking at his country from a distance, he committed suicide by cutting his throat!

What was the use of begging Bai Yihao? He was ruthless and decisive. A person like him was destined to be the winner on the battlefield. It was a pity that the First Prince thought he had defeated Bai Yihao. He did not expect Bai Yihao to be the last chess player. In this game of chess, the Empress lost, and so did the First Prince...

"Your Highness, it's almost time," Feng Yue said as he looked at Feng Yuran, who had an evil, unpredictable expression on his handsome face under the imperial umbrella. Their ruthless gazes landed on the battlefield, which was filled with the shouts of shouting and killing.

The battle intensified. Many of Duke Ding's people were killed, and their blood stained the land red. They could no longer work together without a scratch. Duke Ding's plan was destined to fail.

"Retreat!" Feng Yuran waved his hand; the bright purple reflected the red on the battlefield.

At the same time as the Qin Kingdom withdrew their troops, the Yan Army also gave the signal to withdraw.

This time, after the Yan army was defeated and retreated a few kilometers, Duke Ding's troops that had surrendered were almost wiped out. On the other hand, the Qin army didn't have many casualties, and they were all from Duke Ding's original troops.

On the surface, the Qin army had won!

That night, several high-ranking military officers of Duke Ding's army came to Feng Yuran's tent.

History recorded that all the generals kneeled down to weep tears of blood to show their loyalty, willing to entrust their lives to the Crown Prince!

When the original troops of Ding General Manor left the tent, Feng Yuran rearranged the formation, confusing the troops. The original troops of Ding General Manor were reorganized with the soldiers brought by Feng Yuran. Since then, Ding General Manor's army had truly become a part of the army of the kingdom.

After that, the two sides each had their own victories in the war.

At the beginning of the year, the Yan army suffered a great defeat. The Qin army chased after them for hundreds of kilometers, occupying several cities. Then, they returned victoriously.

Emperor Zongwen personally went to a pavilion which was set every 10 li on the way to meet the victorious troops.

In terms of merits and rewards, everyone praised the Crown Prince for being wise and powerful. No one mentioned how useless King Xuan used to be. After he defeated the Yan army, which had been evenly matched, his reputation was unparalleled. If someone dared to bring up what had happened in the past, he would only be looked down upon by others. The Crown Prince was so calm and had the situation well in hand. How could people like an ordinary man, know about it?

Mo Xuetong had been standing on the mountain town for a long time. She saw the winding army coming slowly from afar. It was like a long dragon. Then she saw that the front procession had stopped, and a tall and straight figure lightly jumped down from the horse; his purple cape shone brightly in the sun.

The people on both sides of the road knelt down and said together, "Your Highness!"

Mo Xuetong could not help crying when she saw the extremely flamboyant purple color. He was thinner and darker!

Seeming to have sensed that someone was looking at him, Feng Yuran turned around and smiled charmingly in the direction she was in. He was still as beautiful and charming as before...

Chapter 743 The End (4)

It was midnight when Feng Yuran came back from the palace that night. Under the light, Mo Xuetong's beautiful face looked pink, which he had been praying for for a long time. Although he was tired and dizzy, he felt relieved.

Fortunately, Bai Yihao did not make a desperate bet. That day, he looked calm on the surface, but in fact, he was already sweating on his back.

If Bai Yihao had threatened him with Tong'er's life...

If, Bai Yihao was determined not to give up...

If Bai Yihao wanted to get Tong'er even if he would destroy her...

He would really don't know what to do!

Fortunately, there were not so many "ifs". Fortunately, Bai Yihao let go in the end. Even though he had already known Bai Yihao's character, he was still very nervous and flustered at that time in that place. Caring too much disturbed the mind. In this life, Tong'er was his weakness, but it was the weakness that he was willing to have.

The antidote Bai Yihao gave him had already been sent to the capital as fast as possible. Even though he knew that with the antidote, Mo Xuetong could get rid of the poison, he was still worried. He saw that she looked good; even though her face was a little pale, she did not look lifeless. That was when he was truly relieved.

It had been a few months since they last met. Mo Xuetong was even more beautiful. She was 15 years old now and had already grown up. She looked charming and gentle. With a hint of surprise, she threw herself into his embrace. Amazed, Feng Yuran was surprised. Following his heart, he kissed her face, which he had been thinking about day and night.

In the candlelight all over the room, Mo Xuetong was as beautiful as a fairy or a painting. She leaned into his arms and wrapped her hands around his neck unconsciously. Her watery eyes were slightly closed, and her dark eyelashes were tightly arranged like small fans; her cheeks were pink and red. She seemed to be willing to give him what he wanted.

Her cherry-like lips were as beautiful as cherry blossoms in March!

She raised her head subconsciously and gently planted a kiss on his face.

He murmured in her ears, and every sentence was "Tong'er, Tong'er!"

Because she was worried his safety, her heart had been hanging high in the air. But now it suddenly returned to its place in his gentle kiss, along with her whole body and mind. She fell on the soft brocade quilt. The inexplicable fragrance of the pillow quilt and his familiar body odor made her feel at ease.

After her rebirth, no, even in her two lives, she had never experienced this feeling. It was a feeling of stability which came from their love. Was it because of him that she looked forward to it so much and felt at ease?

In her past life, she had died tragically; she died because others had plotted against her step by step. She had become a stepping stone for Mo Xuemin and Sima Lingyun. When Sima Lingyun became a high-ranking official, she had passed away. In such a short life, there was only sadness and pain. In the end, she did not even know how she had died. It could be said that she was miserable!

After she had been reborn and climbed up from hell, all she wanted was revenge. She wanted the enemies to pay for what they had done to her. She didn't expect to meet him, a person who really loved her.

In the previous life, she had died in high walls, and he had gone to a desolated land; in the end, she had no idea where he had gone.

In this life, the two of them snuggled up to each other and it was finally complete...

Was this the love that heaven recompensed to them?

In that case, she should love him and would never be separated from him again. In this life, it was because of him that she felt satisfied!

The figures of the two people in the red canopy overlapped with each other. In the atmosphere full of missing and love, they finally merged into one...

Mo Xuetong did not know how many times they had made out this night. Finally, she finally fainted in Feng Yuran's embrace...

When she woke up again and opened her eyes, it was daylight!

"You're awake. Are you hungry?" Feng Yuran's voice rang in her ears with a pleasant, faint smile.

Mo Xuetong looked up and saw the enlarged handsome face. Before she could speak, he stretched out his long arm and held Mo Xuetong tightly in his arms.

Being held tightly by him, Mo Xuetong did not struggle. She leaned her head on his shoulder and said with reluctance, "Are you still going to the palace today?"

Looking at the brocade robe of the Crown Prince of the East Palace hanging on the screen, she knew that he was going to enter the palace again. A while back, the Emperor who was ill had been holding on and guarding the country for him. When he learned that Feng Yuran returned victoriously, he could not hold on any longer and fell down after laughing for a few times. Only then did all the ministers know that Emperor Zongwen could not hold on any longer.

Even Feng Yuran had thought that the Emperor was pretending to be ill. He did not know how serious his father's illness was. Feng Yuran felt guilty about it and took all the politics into his hands.

As such, he did not even have time to rest after he came back, and took Emperor Zongwen's place to manage the country. Sometimes, Mo Xuetong felt bad for Feng Yuran and wanted him to have a good rest. However, he did not have enough time to sleep. Sometimes, the lights on his side were still on late into the night.

Every time Mo Xuetong saw it, she wanted to drag him to sleep by force. But every time, she just sighed helplessly!

"The succession ceremony will be held in one month. Father asked me to be familiar with it once again." Feng Yuran thought Mo Xuetong was adorable when she acted like a little girl. When he thought that she was already his true wife, he could not help but feel pleased and happy. A gentle and doting smile painted his handsome face.

Mo Xuetong pouted and twisted her body. Her clothes had already been changed. He seemed to clean her up in the middle of the night when she fell into a daze. When she thought of that, she found how good he was to her and felt a little sweet.

Feeling her emotional fluctuations, Feng Yuran held her face up and asked with a smile, "What, Tong'er, you don't like it?"

Mo Xuetong squinted at him from the corners of her eyes as he lifted her chin forcefully. Her face darkened as she stated, "You'll be always busy after we move into the palace in the future..."

Feng Yuran was first stunned; then, he suddenly understood. He kissed her face gently and chuckled.

"What are you laughing at?" Mo Xuetong blushed when he laughed at her.

Feng Yuran held her hand, pull it to his mouth and kissed it as he looked at Mo Xuetong affectionately and replied, "Tong'er, are you worried? Don't worry. You will be the only one in my harem in the future."

The harem had always been the way for the Emperor to restrain the court, but Feng Yuran didn't need it. He would make everyone submit to him in a powerful way, and didn't need the harem to hold them up at all. When he wanted to marry Tong'er, he had already prepared a way to deal with it. Thus his backyard was clean now.

The witching dolls dug out from Concubine Qin were provided by Duke Wanping's Manor. After such a thing happened, Concubine Qin was beaten to death and Duke Wanping's Manor was demoted.

Concubine Wen, who was well-behaved, offered to leave him. Feng Yuran gave her a chance to live. He told outsiders that she died of illness, but in fact, he sent her out of the capital. In the future, she could marry at will. However, she was not allowed to appear in the capital again so as not to cause unnecessary gossip.

At this moment, the beautiful eyes, which were filled with love and concentration, were like a whirlpool, deeply attracting Mo Xuetong's soul. Her heart felt hot as if it was tightly held in his palm. The hot liquid rushed into the weakest part of her heart and burned her whole body. Mo Xuetong couldn't help leaning over and put on the brightest smile on her face...

In her last life, she had thought about to be with a man who only loved her from the cradle to the grave. In this life, she did not dare to think about it. However, she did not expect that he would say it out before she asked him. He gave her the most precious promise, which made her feel the deepest joy as a woman from her body to her heart. What was more, it was a promise given by a future Emperor.

Even though she was touched, Mo Xuetong rubbed against his wide chest and asked uneasily, "Is Bai Yihao alright?" No matter what, her happiness at this moment had something to do with Bai Yihao.

"At this point, you're worried about him? Aren't you afraid that I'll be jealous?"

Mo Xuetong smiled sweetly, nudged him and said coyly, "He has helped us anyway. Furthermore, you don't like the First Prince, do you?"

In her past life, Bai Yihao had never appeared in front of her. He was a legendary figure who was brilliant.

In this life, there was an entanglement between she and Bai Yihao. He had fallen in love with her and even wanted to marry her. This was something she had never thought of. She had hated him for some time, but when she thought about it now, she had no idea what it felt like.

He had hurt his eyes because of her!

How could she hate him?

But it was just that she didn't hate him; there was no other possibility!

"Don't worry. Princess Royal Yunruo and Bai Yichen are no match for him at all," Feng Yuran uttered meaningfully. Then, he pulled Mo Xuetong's face over unhappily and kissed her face. How could she think of another man in his arms?!

A month later, Feng Yuran ascended the throne. Emperor Zongwen became the former Emperor and Mo Xuetong was crowned the Empress.

At the same time, Yan Emperor suddenly died of illness. Bai Yichen rushed to the palace to seize the throne and sealed off the news of Yan Emperor's death with the Yan Empress. Unexpectedly, Bai Yihao was well-prepared and went straight into the imperial harem. The Empress and Bai Yichen wanted to escape through the secret passage when Minister of Public Works, Lan Yanwen suddenly appeared and blocked the secret passage, stopping the two.

Yan Empress was imprisoned in the Cold Palace, and soon she hung herself in the Cold Palace. Bai Yichen deserved to be killed for his rebellion. He secretly sent people to the Qin Kingdom to ask for help in the name of the Fifth Princess. However, the Qin Kingdom received witnesses and material evidence from Bai Yihao before receiving Bai Yichen's message.

It was only then that everyone realized that the Fifth Princess of the Qin Kingdom had already died on her way to marry into the Yan Kingdom because she tried to assassinate Bai Yichen. The Qin Kingdom was furious and sent a messenger to the Yan Kingdom to supervised Bai Yichen's execution. The messenger was Li Youmo, the assistant minister of the Ministry of Revenue!

Then Bai Yihao succeeded to the throne, becoming Emperor Yanzhao!

King Ning married Princess Caifeng and became an idle prince. Without the Empress Dowager's support, King Ning's Manor gradually fell into decline.

As expected, the Sixth Princess married the Third Prince who escaped from the Southern Barbarian Lands. Crown Prince Xieyue was in power in the Southern Barbarian Lands, and the Third Prince became a fugitive prince on the way to marry the Sixth Princess. Fortunately, the Qin Kingdom did not mind his identity and still married the Sixth Princess to him. One of them lost his noble status, the other lost her delicate appearance, and her mother bore vicious reputation. They didn't like each other. Since then, the Sixth Princess' Manor had been in chaos and the two quarreled with each other!

The two countries, the Qin Kingdom and the Yan Kingdom, had begun a friendly and neighboring cooperation that had lasted for more than 30 years. The people of the two countries were greatly beholden to this and called the two Emperors "Two Sages of Yan and Qin"!

It was recorded in history books that toward the end of his life, Emperor Yanzhao's eyesight became worse and worse. However, he was so intelligent that the ministers didn't dare to disobey his orders even though he couldn't see anything!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 3.4K 149
In her previous life, Su Jin was conspired by her family. Her baby was born through Caesarean birth, she had her eyes gouged out and died tragically...
204K 9.8K 54
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
4.6M 350K 91
Betrayed by the people she once loved, cared for, and protected, Queen Gatria is determined to make everyone suffer and feel her wrath. With the inte...
572K 18.5K 163
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Alternative: 空间之农家女是团宠 Author: 小糊涂大仙 Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with...