Bone of Contention (Underswap...

By TheIndianaCrew

Humanity is divided over one thing---the Monsters' reappearance. Some believe that they should stay abovegrou... More

Chapter 1: "The Protest"
Chapter 2: "The Waitress"
Chapter 3: "Ebott City Park"
Chapter 4: "Change of Plans"
Chapter 5: "Resentment"
Chapter 6: "Save the Date"
Chapter 7: "The Brothers"
Chapter 8: "An Unfavorable Meal"
Chapter 9: "Stranger Danger"
Chapter 10: "Muffet's"
Chapter 11: "The New Employee"
Chapter 12: "A Friend Meets A Foe"
Chapter 13: "Reassurance"
Chapter 14: "Deux"
Chapter 15: "Dismissed"
Chapter 16: "Compadres"
Chapter 17: "Chocolatey Confections"
Chapter 18: "Cadillacs and Cologne"
Chapter 19: "Old Spice Makes Everything Nice"
Chapter 20: "Safety is Necessary"
Chapter 21: "Him"
Chapter 22: "Every Cloud has a Silver Lining"
Chapter 23: "Birthday Shenanigans'
Chapter 24: "Cigarettes and Honey"
Chapter 25: "Fun and Games"
Chapter 26: "It Still Haunts You"
Chapter 27: "A New Change"
Chapter 28: "The Arrival"
Chapter 29: "Reunited Again"
Chapter 30: "Embarrassment"
Chapter 31: "Turning Over A New Leaf"
Chapter 32: "Bitterness"
Chapter 33: "The Companions"
Chapter 34: "The Detective"
Chapter 35: "For the Greater Good"
Chapter 36: "Dubuc's Ice Cream Shoppe"
Chapter 37: "A Cat and Mouse Experience"
Chapter 38: "Questionable Decisions"
Chapter 39: "Friendly Revelations"
Chapter 40: "Recuperation"
Chapter 41: "Laughter is the Best Medicine"
Chapter 42: "Strange Squad Goals"
Chapter 43: "Night Owls"
Chapter 44: "Dreams and Disasters"
Chapter 45: "Carpe Diem"
Chapter 46: "Discord"
Chapter 47: "A Good Samaritan"
Chapter 48: "Consolation"
Chapter 49: "Rest and Relaxation"
Chapter 50: "Birds of a Feather Flock Together"
Chapter 51: "Breaking The Ice"
Chapter 52: "A Mysterious Place"
Chapter 53: "Rejuvenated"
Chapter 54: "Beneath the Surface"
Chapter 55: "Bad Blood"
Chapter 56: "Tension"
Chapter 57: "Sweet Beginnings"
Chapter 58: "Affliction"
Chapter 60: "Introspection"

Chapter 59: "Love-Struck"

2.8K 81 249
By TheIndianaCrew

Breakfast with Papyrus was an absolute blessing. He is the sweetest man you've ever met, and this was the perfect way to start the day.

You both spoke about life back home. And that was definitely focused more on Papyrus' former life in the underground.

He told you of the ever snowy "Snowdin", the ever hot "Hotland", the ever wet "Waterfall", and the ever homey "New Home".

You can tell just by these four areas that someone definitely sucks at naming things.

Well, okay. Snowdin is a pun, and therefore is very clever... But, it still lacks some originality. 7/10.

Now, if Papyrus had named it, it'd instantly receive a 10/10. And that's not just because you're biased, it's just that anything that exits that skeleton's mouth is somehow 10x funnier than when spoken by anyone else.

...

Okay, maybe you are a bit biased. But, hey! He's funny as hell!

But, that's besides the point.

You enjoyed your time with Papyrus to the fullest extent, so when he had to leave, you were pretty bummed. Though, you tried your best to not let your gloom show to your customers. After all, you don't wanna influence anyone's mood negatively. So, you tried your best to stay as much on the positive side as you could.

"(Y/N), can you get me the newest batch of Boston cream donuts out of the kitchen?" Muffet suddenly asked, tearing your mind from your thoughts.

"Yeah, of course!" You smiled, then used your heelies to glide into the back smoothly.

You quickly fetched them, and by the time you rolled back out to put them in the display case, you saw a familiar face.

The details are a bit fuzzy, but as you study his appearance, you soon realize who it is.

It's the guy who stood up to Audrey at her march a few days ago. And of course, it's also the same guy who saved your ass from being beaten to smithereens by your ex-friend.

What was his name-?

You froze, blushing in embarrassment as you couldn't recall his name.

So, before he had the chance to notice you, you ducked behind the counter and began to carefully add the donuts into the display case with a pair of tongs.

You literally invited this guy to come by Muffet's, how the hell did you forget his name???

You heard his footsteps approach the counter and you mouthed a swear.

"Good morning, sir! How may I help you?" Muffet suddenly asked him as you continued placing the donuts in their case.

Muffet might've just saved your ass. God bless her.

"Same to you! Just wondering, by any chance, is (Y/N) here?" He suddenly asked, smiling.

Okay, never mind.

"Yes! She's actually right down here!" Muffet giggled. Them looked down to you.

You quickly put the rest of the donuts up, then sprang up to face him. You're just gonna have to do this. And, you have an idea on how to get his name again.

"Hello! It's nice to see you again!" You smiled, reaching back and placing the pan behind you.

"Welcome to Muffet's! Muffet, this is—" You paused.

Okay you only have one chance to not fuck this up in any way. You can do this.

"Pardon me, but what was your name?" You asked.

He seemed a bit taken aback, but you can definitely fix this.

"My name's Ryan." He spoke flatly.

But, you shook your head suddenly. "No, no! I meant your surname." You gave him a reassuring smile and his eyes lit up again.

You're not even sure if he ever told you his last name, but thank God that this life hack worked.

"Oh! My last name is Russo. Ryan Russo." He smiled, then gestured to the menu.

"Well then, Muffet, this is Ryan Russo!"

"It's nice to meet you, Ryan." She dipped her head and smiled.

He nodded in acknowledgment with a smile in return, then turned to you.

"So, what do you recommend from here?" He asked and you gave it a long thought.

"For food, I recommend the banana nut muffin, or the spidey oatmeal. As for drinks, nothing quite beats a nice iced mocha!" You smiled, then leaned against the counter.

"What'll it be, then?" You asked.

He tapped a finger on his chin as he hummed in thought. "You know what? I'll take the banana nut muffin and the iced mocha. I trust your judgment!"

Okay, great. No pressure at all!

"Alright! Will do!" You beamed, then turned and looked at the clock.

"I have my break in about 8 minutes. We can chat then if you'd like!" You suggested and he gave you a thumbs-up.

"Sounds good!" He replied.

"It's been wonderful to meet you, Ryan! Since you're one of (Y/N)'s friends, I'll give you a 20% discount." Muffet flashed him a kind smile, then toyed around with the register.

"Now, that'll be $3.24. Will that be cash or credit?" Muffet asked.

"Cash is fine! Thank you very much, Miss Muffet!" He spoke as he pulled his wallet out of the pocket of his ripped black skinny jeans.

He pulled out a $5 bill, then slid it over on the counter. You took this moment to look over his tattoo sleeve. The centerpiece of which seemed to be a beautifully colored and shaded portrait of a Roman centurion.

"You're most welcome! I hope you come by again sometime soon! Here is your change." She carefully handed him his change, and you went to start on his order.

You fetched his muffin, then fixed his iced mocha. And once you were done, you handed the tray to Muffet. She carried it to him so you could finish off your last couple minutes of work before your break.

And in doing that, you took two more orders, fixed them, and then delivered them.

But once that was over with, you were ready for your break. So you grabbed a cup of water, and then headed over to Ryan's table.

Hopefully this meeting goes well. You don't want him crawling back to Audrey, after all.

But, judging on how Audrey is hopefully in jail right now, that is not super likely to happen. That is, if she hasn't been bailed out.

"Good morning, Ryan! You enjoying your food?" You asked, smiling as you sat across from him.

"Very much so, (Y/N)! You made some great suggestions." He smiled in return, then took a sip of his coffee.

"I'm so glad!" You gave him a thumbs up and then looked around.

"So, I know that you're interested in the Monster Rights movement, so would you be interested in joining me and my friend's counter-anti group?" You asked and he nodded.

"I really was hanging with the wrong crowd before, and I feel like it's the least I could do to make up for my wrongdoings. So, of course." He dipped his head and you smiled.

"Moving past one's mistakes is very important, so I am ecstatic that you are willing to take that leap." You replied, then pulled your phone from your pocket.

"We are still figuring out all the details for our organization, so would you mind if I gave you my number so I can let you know the info when the time comes?"

"Not at all. Here, take my phone." He slid his phone over to you.

"Thanks!" You picked it up, then started on your way to add your number. But, before you could swipe to the phone application, you took note of his phone background.

It was of him and an absolutely beautiful white and brown Pitbull Terrier. And as you continued to observe his dog, you noticed his tags were showing. And thanks to that, you saw his name.

"Otto is literally the cutest! He looks so sweet!" You glanced up at Ryan and he smiled, laughing.

"Trust me, he is. He is the friendliest dog I've ever met." He responded.

"How old is he?" You asked curiously as you finally started adding your number into his phone.

"I'm not entirely sure since I got him from a shelter, but we think he's around 6 now."

"That's lovely! I'm sure he appreciated you giving him a second chance." You smiled, then slid back his phone.

"He certainly seems like it." He laughed, then took his phone back. He swiftly sent you a text, then took another sip of his coffee.

"So, you were friends with Audrey, right?" He suddenly asked and you nodded, letting out a quick "Mmhm!".

"Well, how exactly did you escape that?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

"Well, by chance I ran into two skeletons one day. And honestly, my life hasn't been quite the same since." You laughed, then scratched the back of your neck.

"The two skeletons, Sans and Papyrus, showed me true kindness. And they introduced me to a bunch of their other friends, even despite knowing I had a shifty past and had been hanging out with the wrong crowd." You explained.

"There's a whole lot more, but I don't want to bore you. Just know I am incredibly thankful for how those two were placed in my life. It caused a chain reaction of good, and if they hadn't ever appeared—" You trailed off, remembering how close you were to being subjected to Austin's will.

"Well, let's just say I'm not sure I'd ever make it this far."

"Ah. I don't know what kind of situation you were in, but I'm glad you made it out. I'll have to take notes because Grace is still calling me." He sighed, then leaned back.

"I think the best option there is to just block her. She's not worth your time." You responded.

"You're probably right."

You took a glance at your phone's time, then quickly chugged the rest of your water. "Alright, I gotta dash. But, I thank you for actually coming! I'll make sure to text you as soon as we have completed our planning!" You smiled, then stood up.

"Thank you, (Y/N)! Have a nice day!" He smiled, then ran a hand through his brown locks.

"Same to you, Ryan!" You spoke as you jogged back behind the counter.

And swiftly thereafter, you washed your hands, then rolled back to your station.

And after another hour or so of taking orders, a new figure walked in that immediately caught your attention.

It's a young woman with bright, pastel pink hair done up in double Dutch braids that divide into pigtails. She's around 5'7" or so, and she's dressed in a white t-shirt underneath a black overall dress. With that, she's also wearing a pair of black tights, and a pair of black heeled boots.

As she walked to the counter, she adjusted her circle-framed glasses and glanced up at the menu. Her green eyes danced around for a few moments before she stopped and turned to you, smiling. She seems rather reserved, but not to the point of nervousness.

And right as she was about to speak, she froze. Her eyebrows furrowed, obviously pondering something. She thought for a few moments until her eyes widened with whatever realization she'd made.

"Sorry for my delay in ordering, but I just knew that I've seen you before! You're (Y/N), right?" She suddenly asked.

"Yep! That's me. Why?"

"Well, I was at lunch with my friend Evony the other day when she mentioned you and then showed me how you'd ended up in the paper." She began to explain.

"And she went on to tell me about your upcoming plans for the organization and let me tell you, I am so excited for this. It's exactly what this city needs!" She beamed, her quiet nature slowly melting away.

"If you ever need a helping hand, I'd be more than happy to help you out as well!" She added.

"Oh! Well, we really appreciate that! We need all the support we can get in this current climate." You responded, then sighed as you shifted your weight onto one hip.

"Oh, don't even get me started on that." She sighed, then shook her head. "The world would be so much more peaceful if people just accepted those different from them."

"I fully agree with you—" You paused, realizing this girl's a complete stranger and you have no idea what her name is.

"Oh, goodness! I am so sorry." She blushed in embarrassment, then laughed.

"My name's Maci, and it's wonderful to meet you!" She stuck out her hand, smiling cheerily.

You smiled in return, then shook her hand. "It's lovely to meet you, Maci!" You paused for a moment, noting another customer walking in the door.

"Well, I have to cut our chat short, but when I give you your food, I'll be sure to give you my number. We can continue our conversation there." You dipped your head and she nodded.

"Of course! Uhm, I guess I should go ahead and order now." She stated nervously, rubbing the side of her neck.

"Take your time, Maci." You gave her a reassuring smile and she adjusted her glasses, seemingly getting a bit more pep in her step.

"May I get an iced vanilla chai latte and an original glazed spider donut?" She asked as she glanced up at the menu.

"Of course! And will that be all for today?"

"Yep! Other than your number of course!" She paused, covering her mouth as she laughed.

"Sorry, I get a bit anxious when talking to new people. I didn't mean for that to sound so flirty." She apologized with a bit of humor in her tone.

You really can't help but appreciate and respect the way that she doesn't condemn herself for her mistakes. Instead of shaming herself, she chooses to laugh her mishaps off. It's a quality that you can't help but aspire to have.

"You're all good! Don't even sweat it."

You punched all the info into the cash register and glanced up at her. "Your total's gonna be $4.02. Will that be cash or credit? And will that be for here or to go?"

"Credit, please! And I'll take it to go." She took her wallet out of her bag, then swiftly paid for the food.

"Alright, Maci! Thank you! I'll have that out to you in just a few minutes!"

"Thank you, (Y/N)! Cya!" She waved, then went and temporarily sat at a booth.

And with that, Muffet walked back outside of her office and you both traded places. This gave you the opportunity to fix Maci's food whilst Muffet helped the next customer.

And once you were done, you glided over to the table and set down her latte and donut in a bag.

"I put my number on a sticky note on the wrapper to your donut. Do text me any time!" You smiled.

"I very much appreciate it, thanks! I'll see you around." She dipped her head, then picked up her stuff.

"Of course! See ya!" You waved, then rolled back behind the counter and helped Muffet make the next order.

And this order is bonkers, mind you. It's an office asking for three dozen donuts, two dozen black coffees, 8 espresso shots, and weirdly enough, one single blueberry muffin.

The boss is probably trying to sneak that one.

And you can't really blame them for that. Blueberry muffins rock.

---------------------------------------------

The rest of the work day went very well, and when it came to closing time, Maia picked you up.

On the schedule? Get takeout and then head back to your place to hang out. Papyrus is also supposed to swing by your apartment later tonight to drop off some dessert that Sans made Maia.

Sadly Sans can't do it himself since he's working the night shift tonight, but either way Maia will absolutely appreciate it. And hell, you will too.

But the good news for Maia and Sans is that they got a pleasant surprise. Sans apparently had the afternoon off, so they got to spend it together. From what Maia's told you, it was lovely. They ended up making tacos together for lunch and went on a walk to the Park.

Apparently Sans ended up swinging Maia on one of the swings and he made sure to push her as far up as he possibly could. She told you that she could see the bottoms of the swing set lifting off of the ground. It was apparently "scary, yet invigorating".

But, eventually Maia and Sans split up for the day and he must've gone home to fix her a special treat as a present. Now that's absolutely sweet as hell. You can't help but admit that you're a bit jealous, but who wouldn't be? It's a fucking dessert!

Anyways though, you and Maia agreed to get food from a place called "Muffler's". You'd never eaten there before, but she said that her dad had recommended it. So, why not try it out?

It was only around 6 minutes from Muffet's and 9 minutes from your apartment, so the idea wasn't too out there. And once you both arrived, you quickly got out and went inside to order it to go.

The man at the counter was tall, broad-shouldered, and looked to have quite the strength to him. He was in his mid-50s, had thinning grey hair, a salt and pepper goatee, and was wearing a camo baseball hat, a blue plaid short sleeve button up, and blue jeans.

His name tag stated that his name was "Joe", and it definitely rang accurate. This man was definitely a Joe.

But once again, that's besides the point. The joint sold classic American foods, so it wasn't anything too special. But, you ordered one of your favorite American classics, (F/A/C), and Maia got a cheeseburger and fries. More specifically, a cheeseburger all the way with bacon on the side.

And thankfully, they weren't that busy so your food was ready within 8 minutes or so. And once you both received it, you rushed home to chow down.

And pretty soon, you both walked into your apartment and shut the door. Maia grabbed a Coke from the fridge and you got a glass of water.

"Hey, what do you want to watch?" Maia asked as she grabbed her laptop, putting it on top of your coffee table.

You walked over and sat on the sofa beside her, handing her a napkin.

"I don't know, uhm. Maybe some kind of cultural documentary?" You suggested and she suddenly clapped her hands together which caused you to jump and choke on your own saliva a bit.

"Aha!" She paused, then cleared her throat. "Sorry about that." She giggled, then placed her hand on your lower thigh and pat it.

"Anyways! Asgore was telling me that one of the first documentaries about the human and monster war was released about a week ago. Do you want to watch it?" She asked and you smiled, immediately nodding as you handed Maia her food.

"Of course! That sounds really interesting! I want to learn more about monster history, so this is a perfect idea! It's from an unbiased source, right?" You responded.

"Yep! Backed in fact and co-produced by Babs Bun, a historian and veteran from said war."

"babs bun, huh?"

You nearly screamed and threw your food across the room as you suddenly heard the new voice.

Thank God you have a good grip.

"Papyrus, what the hell? Can't you at least randomly appear outside of my door and knock?" You spoke whilst still in shock.

You looked to Maia who was clutching her chest with wide green eyes. He must've spooked her tons as well.

"yeah, 'course. but it's funny to mess with ya." He winked, then walked over to Maia.

"here's sans' gift, kid. he worked on it this afternoon with asgore." He held out a cake holder and Maia took it into her hands eagerly.

"What is it?" She asked as she stared at it with desire.

"i dunno." He shrugged.

"Open it!" You urged, suddenly getting hungry for cake.

"Yes! Screw Muffler's, I only care about cake right now!" Her eyes twinkled as she let the carrier rest on her thighs.

She carefully unclipped the sides of the cover and lifted the lid.

"Lemon pound cake? How in the world did he know my favorite type of cake?!" She gasped.

"Either he's stalking you or—"

Maia suddenly cut you off.

"ASGORE!"

"Asgore-?" You immediately replied, lifting one eyebrow in confusion.

"Yes! I bet your ass that goat dad absolutely spilled the beans!" She exclaimed and you snorted.

"Goat dad?" You questioned suddenly and she looked at you, nodding.

"Uh, yeah? Got a better nickname?" She challenged jokingly and Papyrus clicked his tongue.

"hey, as long as it isn't 'goat daddy', right?" He remarked and Maia immediately whipped to face him.

"What the hell, Papyrus? Ew!" She recoiled in disgust as she began packaging the cake up again.

"I've lost my cake appetite now, thanks."

You stifled a laugh, then turned to face Papyrus again.

"you're welcome." He rasped, then raised the plastic cup that was in his hand up to his mouth. You'd never noticed that he was holding it before, but it looks to contain lemonade. Perhaps some kid was selling some on the way over.

"What do you have there?" You asked curiously.

"this?" He gestured to the cup and you nodded your head.

"just some lemonade." He casually took another sip, then gestured with it.

"fresh from the tap." He continued.

You furrowed your eyebrows, then waved your hand. "Wait."

"Papyrus, lemonade doesn't come from a tap." You continued.

He froze for a moment.

"freshly squeezed—" He murmured, trailing off as you laughed.

"Gotcha. Anyway, Maia and I are about to watch Babs Bun's documentary about the human and monster war, wanna join?" You asked and he thought for a moment.

"i guess it'd be interesting to hear the complete story, so why not?" He replied, then took another sip of his drink.

"Great! This'll be fun. They don't teach you this shit in school." You spoke and Maia nodded in agreement.

"well, at least in human schools. the war was oftentimes the main focus of our social studies classes." Papyrus commented.

"Damn, I wish we would've had that in ours. I thought the whole 'Monsters living under Mt. Ebott' thing was some fairytale-conspiracy theory hybrid." Maia admitted.

"Same. It was like the fall of Atlantis in my mind." You admitted.

"i suppose that from a broader point of view, i can see how mystical the concept of 'monsters' would be to humans. but the real issue is, humans hated us enough to let our existence fade into obscurity." He clicked his tongue, then walked over to the chair adjacent to the couch.

"Yeah, that is pretty messed up, isn't it?" You looked down, then got your food out of the paper bag.

"It is. Especially with how people nowadays are looking into their ancestral history to see if their distant relatives fought against the monsters back in the war." Maia murmured.

"You mean Grace?" You laughed, remembering how she'd justify her intolerance of the monsters.

"Pfft, yeah. But sadly, she's just one of many." Maia responded and you nodded.

"Well, actually... There was this story that I remember a distant relative telling me when I was at family reunions as a kid. I always chocked it up to nonsense, but considering the reality of things, I wonder if it was true." You began to speak and Maia leaned forward in interest.

"oh? and what's that?" Papyrus asked curiously.

"Apparently there was a rare female commander in the war and she got captured by the opposing side. And in a twist of fate, she ended up falling in love with the monster in charge of studying and interviewing her. Legend has it that her monster lover singlehandedly changed her viewpoint on the war and she dropped out of her position. This of course brought accusations of treason upon her, but she vehemently denied them out of fear." You spoke and Maia's eyes widened.

"Do you think there's any merit to the story?" She asked and you shrugged.

"I'm not sure. Papyrus, you ever heard of it before?"

You turned to him and he looked quite frankly uncomfortable. But, not in a super obvious way.

He scratched the back of his neck. "well, it's not a myth. it really did happen. and it certainly made its mark on our society." He murmured, then reached his hand in his pocket to get a toothpick.

Okay then, that's your sign to never mention that again. It's clearly made Papyrus extremely uneasy, and that's something you don't wanna make worse. So, to give Maia a hint, you poked her leg and shook your head.

Papyrus was distracted, so hopefully he didn't notice.

"Ah, well that's cool to know! Thanks for confirming that for me!" You spoke with a smile and he nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"'course, (y/n)." He spoke before promptly popping the piece of wood between his teeth.

And as you moved onto the next topic, he seemed relieved. Thank God you're beginning to learn Papyrus signals and quirks.

And after a few more moments, Maia clapped her hands together and rubbed them together vigorously. "Alright, let's get this party going. Our food's getting cold." She spoke as she unwrapped her cheeseburger.

"Fair enough." You laughed as she leaned forward and pulled up the documentary.

"Well, honey, would you like any of my fries?" You asked Papyrus suddenly and he smirked.

"if you're offerin' me some, then sure."

"Papyrus, I swear to God, if you eat them all, you'll get no honey for a month." You threatened whilst narrowing your (e/c) eyes.

"since when were you the one allowed to make the rules~?"

You suddenly flushed red and he snickered.

"Aw, shut up." You jokingly threw a fry at him and to your utter surprise, it flew right into his eye socket. His pinpricks immediately disappeared and he stiffened.

"Oh shit." You snorted, laughing as he stiffly moved his hand to his face, pulling it out slowly.

"Didn't mean for it to go there, but it's not my fault you have so many holes in your face." You joked.

He popped the fry into his mouth and you cringed.

"fair enough. but don't you even dare fry that again." He shot you finger guns and you let out a giggle.

You quickly put some fries into your takeout container, then passed the fry box to Papyrus. "Enjoy."

"i will make sure to." He winked. And then Maia finally sat back again, taking a big bite out of her burger.

And despite still having food in her mouth, she began to speak again. "Alright you two lovebirds, cut it out. It's documentary time." She smirked, then set her PC back a bit further away. This ensured that the three of you could still all watch the same laptop screen at the same time, despite being in different places.

"Alright, alright. I'll quit." You smiled, then took a bite of your food.

"let's get this thing goin'." Papyrus swiftly finished his drink and you shot up.

"Wait! My hostess senses are tingling. Papyrus, what do you want to drink?" You suddenly asked and Maia playfully groaned, slumping back against the couch dramatically.

Papyrus chuckled, then leaned back in his chair. "i'll take a glass of water, i'm in a recycling mood today."

"'Recycling mood', huh? Well, that's one way to put it." You laughed, then started walking to the kitchen.

"I'll just be a second, then we can really begin our history lesson." You spoke and Papyrus mischievously corrected you.

"history refresher for some of us."

"Thank you, Papyrus. We didn't need a reminder that human education sucks ass." You spoke, then snickered as you bounded into the kitchen, heading to the cabinet and pulling out a cup.

"Do you like ice in your drink, Papyrus?"

"yeah, i think that ice is pretty cool."

"Papyrus, was that really the best you had?" Maia asked with some scorn in her tone

"maia, why are you acting so cold?"

You shook your head and shoved some ice cubes into his glass, then turned to watch the two as you waited for his cup to fill up with water.

"Oh my God, Papyrus." She started laughing and he held up a single French fry and started wagging it at her.

"maia, this is snow laughing matter." He scolded, but of course, he was grinning at his own pun.

The glass finished filling up, so you made your way back to the sofa and leaned over, handing the cup to Papyrus.

"Is your pun streak over now?" You asked with humor in your tone.

"prec-ice-ly." He winked as he popped the now flaccid fry into his mouth.

Maia, who was currently taking a sip of her Coke suddenly snorted, causing her to start coughing violently which made you start dying of laughter, sliding down against the back of the couch.

"oh honey, don't perish of laughter. you know I only have ice for you."

You grabbed another one of your fries and threw it at him again, but instead of it landing inside of his eye socket this time, he gracefully caught it in his mouth with a wink.

"Okay, now that was impressive. But anyways, will you two stop? It's been like 15 minutes and we haven't even started the freaking documentary." Maia groaned and you laughed.

"okay, okay. i will put my puns aside for now." He made sure the end of his sentence sounded ominous and Maia shook her head.

"Bet." You replied and Maia didn't even respond. She just sighed, took another bite of her burger, and pressed play on her laptop.

You made a conscious effort to say nothing else, but you couldn't help but smile as you made eye contact with Papyrus. Today was pretty damn boring, but even a short visit like this absolutely brightened your day.

God, you're absolutely head over heels in love with this skeleton, huh? He's got you completely bewitched, but you can't even complain. He puts more pep in your step, and he brings you more joy than he could ever comprehend.

And as he smiles back at you, his soft and caring countenance makes your heart skip a beat.

It's silly to say, but you don't think that you've ever been this in love with someone before. And ever since meeting him, it's been hard to imagine life without him.

He's absolutely got you under his spell, but you have no complaints. He's been the best thing to ever happen to you, and you'd really not have it any other way.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Hey guys, I'm back again. Haha.

I am sorry for the slow updates as always, but I'm afraid that's not gonna get much better for now. On Monday I'm officially starting college, because yes, I'm that old. I'm sure not all of you realized that, but I've been writing this story for 4 years and I started when I was 15, so haha.

Anyway, though, no. I'm not planning on quitting my fics, don't even worry. I'll do my best to update them as best I can, but please remain patient. College is gonna be pretty damn hectic for the first few months of my first semester. So, I'll definitely be focusing on my grades for the most part there. But I'll do my best to keep updating my stories!

Anyway though, to keep updated on my progress and stuff, I recommend you either follow my socials, or check out my Discord server. That place is practically my second home at this point, and it's still as active as always. So, if you're 15 or older and interested, just let me know and I'll give you in invite! We are all very friendly, so don't be afraid to jump into conversations. But do be warned, we are hella chaotic. Haha.

And of course, if you were a past member who left on your own will, feel free to ask for another invite. We'll welcome you back with open arms! :)

Okay, before I continue on to the chapterly question and stuff, I'd like to thank the server with the help on this chapter! Especially to Lucid_Grimm for the lemonade joke. I nabbed it because it was exactly what I needed. Anyways, thank you so much guys! Y'all are great.

I hope you enjoyed the new chapter! I tried my best to make it the absolute best that it possibly could be. Especially since it could be the last one for a couple of months. So, do enjoy! I wanted to show how Y/N is hopelessly in love with Papyrus because I don't really speak her full mind enough. But he's really got her under his skin... Okay, metaphorically at least. You know what I mean haha. Anyways though, she doesn't have to worry because he feels the same way about her. :)

Also, meet Maci! She'll become important later on, so don't forget her. I won't say why here, but feel free to guess her role. Haha. Also, did you notice the TWAU reference? I had to Underswap-ify it, but I hope you still picked up on it! If you have no idea what "TWAU" is, I urge you to read my other ongoing fic "The War Amongst Us"! It's probably my favorite out of everything I've written!

Anyways, it's time for the chapterly question! What is your dream job? Mine is probably being a guide at a museum, or someone who in general educates people on ancient cultures. I've always been interested in studying ancient cultures, histories and mythologies, so I would absolutely love to work in that field somewhere! But how about you guys? I'm curious!

Before I go, I just want to remind you guys to be careful out there. Covid is still running rampant. Especially with the Delta variant out there. So please wear your mask, get vaxxed, social distance, and wash your hands. My mom and dad both have Covid right now and it's really scary, so take it from me. Do your best to prevent this so you won't have as much to worry about. Plus, I can't leave my house until September which fucking sucks. So wish us luck! Hopefully I won't catch it.

Alright guys, you know the drill. I hope you all have a wonderful day/night! <3

-Indiana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 1.5K 27
Y/N, meets a new coworker that changes her life forever. A monster, doing his best to make a living after moving out of the underground. Sans is this...
75K 1.6K 40
||» Imperfect two «|| ""FATED TO M E E T"" ""DESTINED TO L E A V E"" »»» No one knows my story. No one has heard my story. And no one shall find out...
18.6K 386 66
The Multiverse is vast, expanding continuously as more alternate dimensions are being created. Each world possesses it's own unique laws, stories and...
114K 6.7K 47
Cover artist: punny-puntasy ! (TOLD IN YOU/YOUR) A reaper, a few gods, and a bunch of skeletons. The life of a reaper wasn't boring to her, everyda...