Shape Unsheltered

By Shevongarraway

READ! READ! SHAPE UNSPOKEN TO BETTER UNDERSTAND SHAPE UNSHELTERED. "CAN ALSO BE A STAND-ALONE BOOK" (#3 OF TH... More

Authors note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER -1-
CHAPTER -2-
CHAPTER -3-
CHAPTER - 4 -
CHAPTER -5-
CHAPTER -6-
CHAPTER-7-
CHAPTER -8-
CHAPTER -9-
CHAPTER -10-
CHAPTER -11-
CHAPTER -12-
CHAPTER -13-
CHAPTER-14-
CHAPTER -15-
CHAPTER -16-
CHAPTER -17-
CHAPTER -19-
CHAPTER -20-
CHAPTER -21-
CHAPTER -22-
CHAPTER -23-
CHAPTER -24-
CHAPTER -25-
CHAPTER -26-
CHAPTER -27-
CHAPTER -28-
CHAPTER -29-
CHAPTER -30-
CHAPTER -31-
CHAPTERS -32-
CHAPTER -33-
CHAPTER -34-
CHAPTER -35-
CHAPTER -36-
CHAPTER -37-
CHAPTER -38-
CHAPTER -39-
CHAPTER -40-
CHAPTER -41-
CHAPTER -42-
CHAPTER -43-
CHAPTER -44-
Chapter -45-
CHAPTER -46-
CHAPTER -47-
CHAPTER -48-
CHAPTER -49-
CHAPTER -50-
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER -18-

110 15 5
By Shevongarraway

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

The evening was winding down nicely. I'm so happy and enjoying myself with Steph as my date and I couldn't think of a better person to accompany me to this gala. Brian give a very compelling speech and my target for contribution was five thousand dollars but after all, he said and how I remembered feeling when I saw those children in my office I pledge ten thousand dollars to this cause. Who knows by the next five or fewer years the specialists may find a cure that can help thousands of people. I'm very hopeful they can do it.

Steph is beginning to get tired after dancing, flashing more than a thousand pictures and recordings. He even dances with Anna while I dance with DeMarcus. We are currently sitting at DeMarcus table after we were seated at a table to the back because of the late payment of my ticket. But DeMarcus wasn't having it and buy out his entire table paying double for every Seat. It instantly made him cool in Steph eyes.

"So Mr Granger you've never answered my question." Says Steph while he entwines his fingers on the table. I'm just stun sitting here watching it all unfold before my eyes.

"What question Steph?" Ask DeMarcus looking directly at Steph.

"What are your intentions with my mother?" I almost choke on my champagne spitting it out of my mouth. I wasn't expecting it and I didn't know my son is ready to take up for me.

"Steph" I whisper yell.

"It's ok Cindy I can answer."

"See mom let me do this" if shock is a person it would be me right now at this child of mine. I snap my head in his direction speechless as to what really is going on here before my very eye.

"DeMarcus don't."

"It's ok Cindy relax men are discussing here."

What the hell is happening here.

"Well Steph I loved your mother way before you were born and to date, I'm very much in love with her." He says lifting his eyes from Steph to mine.

My eyes grew wider than a Saucer the hell is happening here.

I didn't have another word to say, this is not the end I envisioned for this night and definitely not the conversation I want my son a part of. Hell, I'm not even ready for this conversation.

"Well, Mr Granger if that were true, how come I've never heard of you, much more to see your face."

"Well, son..." "Stop I'm not about to do this in front of my son and it ends right now. No more questions Steph you hear me" I lean across the table talking firmly so he understands this is not child's play and I'm very serious. DeMarcus throw his hand in the air in surrender.

"Steph do you hear me," I ask firmly.

"Yes ma'am"

"Good now back to eating before our food gets cold."

"Yes, ma'am" they both said in unison. Tonight is not the night I have this conversation after all the laughs and enjoyment I had this evening. Only to be drowning in memory of the past. Memories I've never dealt with and tonight isn't the time to do it.

After dinner which is part of the fundraiser activities, there is an announcement. Brian walks up onto the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen it pleases me to announce that we have raised 3.5 million dollars in the fight against cancer. It gives me great pleasure to thank everyone in attendance your contributions means so much in this fight and I will continue to look forward to your cooperation and contributions in the future. We have surpassed last year's charity event and next year I'm looking to do the same. Again thank you please continue to dance and celebrate because it is worth celebrating." The hall erupts in applause as he walks off the stage to his wife.

"Can you believe it 3.5 million? damn, he did well."

Brian then calls back for the microphone after someone whisper in his ears.

"To the anonymous person who contributed one million dollars, words couldn't tell you how much we appreciate your support." There were whistles and cheers all around.

"Wow, mom one million dollars one person contributed. Amazing." Steph says in a daze like state, I look over at DeMarcus he has a smirk on his face and I didn't have to ask another question.

I sit relax taking in the scenery before me. Steph begins to give DeMarcus a whole lecture on ships and their origin while the dance floor fills up with happy feet.

I excuse myself and went to the ladies room. I walk in to find Jinette, Anna and Celine retouching their lips. I pause for a few seconds then push past the door going to the first available stall. I did my business walk back out to wash my hands when Celine notice me. "Hello Cindy, it's been a very long time."

"It has indeed, Celine how are you and your family."

"Thank you Cindy we are wonderful. You're in Italy right?"

"Yes, I am."

"I've been bugging Joseph to take me there for the longest. Must be really nice."

"It is, although I'm in Milan and didn't have the chance to visit Rome or the other romantic cities yet."

"Still must be nice, it's nice seeing you Cindy and you and Steph look good together." She pats my arm before walking off.

"Thank you, Celine" I finish washing my hand, drying them off. Ready to retouch my lips. Jinette didn't look my way and I wasn't too bothered. I apply my lipstick straighten my dress and walk out the door without a second glance. I've made peace with our situation and her. Now it's time to move on, I can't force her to be a part of my life and I'm neither going to beg after I apologize for what I did. We aren't kids in high school and I don't intend to sit and mope about it all my life. Life goes on with or without her. Anna and I wasn't friend and I still don't think that's the right word to term our relationship but she has made an effort for Steph sake and I'm happy and contented with that.

I walk back to my table where Steph is still talking about the Spanish settlement in the 1500s.

"Impressive but my favourite is John White paints watercolours of Native American coastal residents during Sir Walter Raleigh’s unsuccessful Roanoke expedition to the Carolina coast. Inhabitants disappear and settlement becomes known as the Lost Colony of Roanoke in 1585 to 1586." Says DeMarcus.

"Our history never states what became of those people and the ships before this time." Answer Steph.

"There is a documentary showing a replica of the water voyage and how they remodelled for the museums."

"Cool, I would love to see that."

"If it is OK with your mother I will get them to you as soon as I return."

"Mom can I, can I please." I know how he loves ships and this would make him even happy to view and gain more knowledge on the topic. I nod in response.

"Guess what buddy I also have an exclusive piece on Swiss naturalist Konrad Gesner when he publishes his nomenclator aquatilium animantum and how he continues his attempt to identify every known animal in every country. It speaks specifically about the different ships he uses to which country."

"Oh my that so cool. Could I borrow it as well Mr Granger?"

"Since you are so interesting I will give them to you. Only if you promise to take care of them."

"Really thank you in advance. I promise but you must keep your word."

"I assure you I will."

I sit in a trance of their conversation, when I made the decision to send Steph to private school I was worried he'd miss out on a creative imagination like the children in public school but Sean convince me to try it and if it wasn't to my liking we can transfer him. To date, I've never regretted that decision. I knew he was gifted the moment he started to speak as a child, the way he didn't shy away and asks questions smartly is still beyond me as to where he gets it from.

"Ok, you guys know what time it is." The evening winds down so nicely and I couldn't be more pleased with how this evening is coming to an end.

"Awe men it's time to leave already."

"It is way past your bedtime young man."

"It is a pleasure to meet you Mr Granger I'm looking forward to seeing you again to finish this conversation."

"Steph the pleasure is all mine take my number you can call anytime you want to talk about the great maritime in America's history."

I watch as they exchange numbers and shake hands.

"Cindy can I offer you a ride to where ever you are going."

"Thank you DeMarcus I accept." I know it may be difficult to get a taxi at this hour even though I paid the taxi that brought us to be on call for me. I didn't expect to be leaving here this late at 1:30 am. I clasp Steph hand ready to walk him over to the table where Sean, Brian, Joseph and their wives are seated to bid them farewell. "Let me just say my goodbye and then we can leave," he nods as I walk away.

Their table is erupting in conversation and laughter. "Excuse me," I say causing the table to become silent. "Brian thank you for a great evening. I was thoroughly entertained but I must take my leave, plus it's way past someone's bedtime," I say looking at Steph.

"Uncle Brian this was cool," said Steph.

"No thank you guys for coming out and supporting."

DeMarcus walk up behind me, really close putting his hand on the small of my back. "Brian until next time" he tips his head.

"Hope it was to your liking," reply Brian

"I had the best company I had in a long time" his ascent rolling out fluently. "This young lad and his mother is the highlight of my evening."

I didn't miss the looks exchanged between Jinette and Anna when Brian speak again. "It's a good thing I bump into you then Cindy. Thank you guys for coming out."

"Dad, aunt Anna, aunt Jinette and uncle Brian bye it was nice being here."

I turn as DeMarcus guides me "Cindy" Jinette calls out I turn back to face her "it is nice seeing you again."

"Same here Jinette."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 682 53
All his life Cole never knew his father only that he was human, so what happens when he goes to find his father along with his mate Skylar with lots...
21.3K 1.7K 51
PART 2 OF THE SHAPED TRILOGY CAN ALSO STAND ALONE. --------'-------'-------------'---------------'--------'---- READ READ READ READ READ READ (#2 OF...
234K 14.1K 65
Tommy Sallow is onto better and brighter things. After working a small hometown beat in upstate New York, he's finally in sunny California. As expect...
48.4K 1.1K 31
"'Jason!', I moaned out. I could feel his member twitch inside of me as he let out a shaky breath. I always knew the effect my moans had on him. Our...