Starting Line || Carter Grays...

By pezzbosch

Consumed by the grief of losing her brother at a young age, Skye Mitchell found herself standing behind the s... More

Dedication & Disclaimer
Playlist
Prologue
(1) Recruitment
(2) Promotions
(3) Checkups
(4) Firetruck
(5) Snakebite
(6) Titanium
(7) Truths
(8) Hurt
(9) Curse
(10) Storms
(11) Cobra
(12) Imposter
(13) Dates
(14) Emergency
(15) Ceremony
(16) Invitations
(17) Shopping
(18) Dances
(19) Kidnapped
(20) Memories
(21) Childish
(22) Lightspeed
(23) Fate
(24) Reunion
(25) Forever
Thank You
Etsy Shop
STORY THEIF
New Story... Again :)

Epilogue: Starting Line

743 14 19
By pezzbosch

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

All the stolen glances, surprise dates, long nights, lazy kisses, and unconditional love could never prepare me for the feeling that overcame me when I saw Carter standing at the end of the altar waiting for me. His smile was the only one I could focus on in the room when my father linked our arms and started leading me down the aisle.

Nova stood in her place as my maid of honor with Dana, Kesley, and even Miss Fairweather right behind her. Carter stepped down, meeting at the end of the aisle as my father turned to face me. He grabbed the bottom of my veil and slowly lifted it over my head, a proud smile on his face as he was about to give his daughter away. He placed a fatherly kiss on the top of my hand and then extended my hand to Carter's.

He guided me to the altar and joined our hands together as my brother smiled at me over Carter's shoulder. This was a moment I dreamed about for so long throughout my life and it was so surreal that it was finally happening. I was finally marrying the one person who promised me a lifetime of protection and happiness.

No one else in the room mattered the moment we said I do. His sweet kiss set the world right and I knew I'd never be as happy as I was kissing him back in promise to never betray him. The walk down the aisle, officially as Mr. and Mrs. Grayson was such an emotional moment for me. I wished my mother had still been around to see me get married, but I knew she was somewhere watching from above, celebrating in joy and laughter with us during the reception.

Our first dance couldn't have gone any better. Dancing along to the sound of my brother's incredible singing voice that no one knew he had made this night just that more special. We requested our first dance to be to Turning Page by Sleeping At Last. I silently cried against Carter's chest, enjoying every moment of the eyes watching how much we truly loved each other.

I don't know which dance made me more emotional. My first dance with my husband, my dance with my twin, my dance with our father, or my dance with my best friend in the whole world. Nova and I sobbed in each other's arms, moments of pure love towards each other to Good Friend and A Glass of Wine by LeAnn Rimes.

"I always tell Ryan that the stars shine bright for you and only you. I can see them in your eyes and feel the moon in your heart." Nova hugged me tightly.

"Tonight," I said breathlessly, "Has been so incredibly magical that I'm at a loss of words."

"You think you're speechless now, Just wait until the speeches." My best friend teased me.

"You have a glow to you that I'd recognize anywhere." I told her.

"Makeup does that." she laughed.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" I suspected.

"Four months," she answered, "But we haven't officially made the announcement yet."

"Your secret is safe with me. Auntie Skye is going to spoil them like no tomorrow!" I smiled in happiness with her.

"Speech time!" Nova grabbed my hand and we shuffled to the head table where Carter was waiting for me. He pulled out my chair and then took my hands, pulling them into his lap as we watched our friends take turns embarrassing us the same way we did at their weddings.

"I'm definitely not good with speeches, Skye was always the one that had a way with words. I'll try not to cry during this but I make no promises." Nova laughed.

She paused as everyone chuckled.

"Skye Mitchell, where do I really begin? I guess in third grade, when after I defended you against some middle school bullys, I won by the way, you invited me over to your dad's house. That was the start of the most cherished friendship I ever had. A friendship that pushed me to become the best person I could be. If any of you don't know, after my dad died I ended up moving in with the Mitchells. I became closer to Ryan and Dana, and of course married Ryan, but it was always Skye and I together forever. Now, I think I might have to share this forever with this himbo, but I've come to terms with it and I graciously accept the demotion. Skye, you were the most loving and caring best friend a girl could ask for. I hope that Carter treats you with patience, love, and never lets the kid in you die. I hope you play in every thunderstorm and dance to every song that comes on the radio. Just please, for the love of god remember to turn your safety off." she joked.

I let out a hoot of laughter at the inside joke, a joke that had become ours after our little incident at the ball. Nova knew exactly how to make me cry in the best ways possible. I got up to hug her before my brother only made the night even more emotional with his speech.

Nova's speech was a nice laugh, because when my brother started talking, I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I sat there crying through every one of his words.

Ryan took the mic, "I will definitely start crying at the end of this so everyone buckle up."

The room laughed as he mimicked putting a seatbelt on.

"My wife put it the best," my twin said, "Skye truly is the most loving and caring person someone could ask for. When I got back to Lightspeed, she was always there with open arms and a hit to the shoulder to remind me to not be an idiot. I wasn't there to see you achieve the things you're most proud of, but I'm so thankful I can be here now on the happiest day of your life. You and Carter's love is the most inspiring thing to see as an older brother, and as a friend. No matter what, you'll always be my little sister."

"We're twins!" I shouted to the microphone.

Ryan shrugged, "Yeah well I'm two minutes older."

Another laugh echoed through the crowd.

I could see tears well up in Ryan's eyes and that's when they returned to mine, "Carter became one of my most trusted friends when I returned to Lightspeed. And even though it wasn't long, there's no one else I'd trust more to marry my sister."

It wouldn't be a complete wedding night for me if I didn't get to play in the rain. The sky formed the most beautiful dark clouds around us as we marched out of the reception hall at the first sound of thunder.

"Only you, of all people, would want to come play out in the rain on her wedding night." Carter laughed as he pulled me back underneath the awning.

"I'm a kid at heart," I smiled, "You, of all people, should know that."

"Are you really going to ruin such a beautiful dress?" Carter asked.

"I already lost a rental deposit on one dress with you, why not make it two?" I giggled, jumping right out into the rain that was pouring down so graciously to the ground.

Carter followed right behind me, scoping me up off my feet and twirling me around as the rain crashed against our skin. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, letting him hold me in his strong arms as everyone gawked at my childish behaviour at my wedding night.  It was my celebration and I'd ruin a perfectly good dress a thousand times over to stay here in this moment with Carter forever.

"Forever." Carter placed me back on my feet, smoothing my hair back with such gentleness and care.

"Forever." I gazed up at him, feeling the world and everyone disappear behind us as he bent down and softly pressed his lips against mine.

We had forever.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Don't forget to vote, comment, and add me to your reading list to get updates on Starting Line <3

May the power always protect you.

Also, when I wrote this, I was actively listening to Turning Page with my niece present. She's 7, so she doesn't exactly know what I was writing, but she told me the sweetest thing about the song that flat out made me cry. She told me that the song made her feel like she was floating in the trees with flower petals falling around her. If that wasn't the best description of my own emotions writing this, I don't know what is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.4K 997 26
After her adventures in blue bay harbour Courtney Oliver wants a quiet normal life. Well as normal as you can get with powers. She goes back too reef...
4.5K 112 11
Aria walker, a familiar face for the police, constantly in and out of trouble, with her best friend Jason Scott. Y/n is very protective of her younge...
698 14 5
Lewis' life starts to change when he discovers a strange gem. When he bonds with it and becomes a Power Ranger, things start to take a different turn...
108K 2K 68
"In you, I've Found the Love of my Life" Amelia is an eighteen year old dancer from New Zealand, raised by her adoptive parents and loves to sing. Fr...