Shape Unsheltered

By Shevongarraway

READ! READ! SHAPE UNSPOKEN TO BETTER UNDERSTAND SHAPE UNSHELTERED. "CAN ALSO BE A STAND-ALONE BOOK" (#3 OF TH... More

Authors note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER -1-
CHAPTER -2-
CHAPTER -3-
CHAPTER - 4 -
CHAPTER -5-
CHAPTER -6-
CHAPTER-7-
CHAPTER -8-
CHAPTER -9-
CHAPTER -10-
CHAPTER -11-
CHAPTER -12-
CHAPTER -13-
CHAPTER-14-
CHAPTER -15-
CHAPTER -16-
CHAPTER -18-
CHAPTER -19-
CHAPTER -20-
CHAPTER -21-
CHAPTER -22-
CHAPTER -23-
CHAPTER -24-
CHAPTER -25-
CHAPTER -26-
CHAPTER -27-
CHAPTER -28-
CHAPTER -29-
CHAPTER -30-
CHAPTER -31-
CHAPTERS -32-
CHAPTER -33-
CHAPTER -34-
CHAPTER -35-
CHAPTER -36-
CHAPTER -37-
CHAPTER -38-
CHAPTER -39-
CHAPTER -40-
CHAPTER -41-
CHAPTER -42-
CHAPTER -43-
CHAPTER -44-
Chapter -45-
CHAPTER -46-
CHAPTER -47-
CHAPTER -48-
CHAPTER -49-
CHAPTER -50-
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER -17-

103 17 5
By Shevongarraway

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

Steph and I step out of the car, he takes my hand leading me to the red carpet. He has grown so much, he's not even nervous and the way he struts down the runway shows the level of confidence he has already. I'm so proud of the man we're raising and his social skills are already boosted so high.

"Miss Washington" we are stopped by a photographer. "Can I have a pose real quick for the camera?, it will slide really fast in front the both of you You do any pose, the camera captures you in seconds."

"Ok, Steph you ready." The photographer count down the second

"1.Whatever you do it must be fast."

"2 The camera will flash across the both of you."

"3 Ready"

"4 Go"

I half squat with my knees together blowing a kiss to Steph while he put both hands in his pockets making a stern face winking his left eyes. The crowd along the barricade, cheers at the pose we make "this is so cool the coolest thing I've done to date." Says Steph "it sure is the top of my list" we laugh and continue walking to the entrance of the Baltimore palace.

"Wow mom looks at this place" he shouts he's overcome excitement with the elegance of the place and the number of people in attendance. "Come child" I walk him to the seat number given to us. "Steph remember to always act like you've been here before, no matter where you go even if it's the very first time."

"Sure mom," he says.

"When you're alone you marvel in your excitement but when you're out act like you've been there before" "Yes ma'am" he answer.

"Good now, let's walk around and greet a few people before we have to be seated."

"You know what else we can do?"

"What can we do?"

"We can dance," I smile at him.

Steph holds out his hand for me, "shall we?"

"We sure can." I chuckle at how formal he became at the snap of a finger.

We walk around the ballroom and I'm looking for a familiar face to introduce Steph. "Mom there's aunt Jinette." I look over and there she is looking beautiful in a red floor-length, figure-hugging dress. "Can we go over?" he asks hopefully. I don't want to ruin anyone's night so I stand here a little conflicted as to what to do.

Ok Cindy I say to myself taking a deep breath. "Don't be nervous mom we're only saying hello."

"You're the best date ever" I smile down at him "Ok let's go say hi"

We begin to walk over to where Jinette is standing when I'm stopped by the one man that has been occupying my mind of late. "Miss Washington," I stop in my tracks and turn slightly to face him.

"You look gorgeous as always my queen."

"Uh, who are you and why you're calling my mother your queen," Steph spoke up before I could answer for myself.

"Hello young man I'm DeMarcus Granger and who might you be."

"I am her son."

"DeMarcus, what are you doing here?"

"I am associated with many charity events. Why make money if you can't help others with it."

I smile at his response but Steph was in full protection mode that he hold my hands a little tighter.

"DeMarcus this is my son Steph Britto and he's my date."

"Nice to meet you young man" he stretches out his hand to Steph but he looks up at me before shaking Demarcus's hand.

"What are your intentions with my mother," Steph asks sternly?

"Steph" I whisper yell "this is my friend, we were neighbours as kids and went to school today."

"Mom I see the way he looks at you and calls you his queen."

"We are old friends baby don't worry son he means no harm."

At this point, Brian and Jinette walk up to us. Brian pats DeMarcus on his shoulder "glad you can make it."

"You know I wouldn't miss it."

"Wait you two know each other," I ask.

"I told you miss Washington, I'm associated with a lot of charities."

"This is my wife Jinette Chesney" introduce Brian, she steps a little closer extending her hand to DeMarcus. "Nice to meet Mrs Chesney." DeMarcus shakes her hand.

"You as well sir," she replies.

"Come off it calls me DeMarcus," he states.

"How do the two of you know each other," asks Brian.

"Cindy and I grew up together and went to school," answer DeMarcus.

"Jinette nice to see you," I say acknowledging her presence.

"Cindy" was all she replied.

"Steph you look so dashing look at you." She smiles at him.

"Thank you aunt Jinette."

"Let's go get something to drink," I say to Steph excusing myself from the group and walking us to the bar. I need something to drink if I'm going to deal with this crew tonight.

"What can I get you ma'am" ask the bartender as soon as I approach the bar. "I would like to open a tab," since I'm out with Steph non-alcohol champaign will have to do. "Two glasses of non-alcohol champagne please."

"Coming right up, ma'am."

"Steph you know I can protect myself right."

"Mom what's the point of having a big son if he can't protect you."

"You're right" I chuckle "thank you, baby."

"Mom is that BTS on stage can I go closer and take a few pictures."

"Only if you promise to meet me back right here. I'm not going to move and I will keep my eyes on you."

"Sure mom you're the best."

He picks his champagne off the counter and hurries off to the front of the stage. I smile watching his every move.

"Big protector you have there" DeMarcus walk up to the bar leaning against it opposite me.

"My son is gunning for your head" I take a sip of my champagne looking over to where he stands snapping pictures of his favourite band.

"He and I will make a good team when he realizes we have the same agenda."

"And what might that be sir."

"In due time you will know miss Washington."

I didn't want to take my eyes off Steph so I didn't look into his eyes to depict the meaning of what he said.

"I guess we will see Mr Granger."

The band continues to play and Steph is soaking it all up no sooner he's called on stage. He stands with his hand in his pocket striking a model pose looking like he's been there before. He caught that so quick and I'm proud. I chuckle I pull out my phone recording and watching his face as he makes his way back down the stage.

He rushes over to me "mom did you see that." He whispers yell as he's balling in excitement. "Boy, I have the entire thing on camera."

"Mom, mom you are the greatest" he wraps his hand around my waist hugging me tightly. I wrap my arms around him soaking up his excitement.

Anna walks up to us "Aunt Anna did you see that" he smile so bright as it can be seen a mile away.

"No honey I just walk in sorry I miss it, you look so handsome though. Very dashing."

"It's ok mom has it on camera, thank you, aunt Anna."

"Hello, Cindy."

"Hello, Anna."

"Make sure to send me all the video."

"No problem," we stand around with nothing much to say to each other after Steph excitement dies down a little.

DeMarcus stand silent watching Steph and I's interaction.

"Can I go take pictures with everyone?"

"Sure you can I'm right here and don't go too far."

"He adores you, he reminds me of myself with my mom."

"Well, excuse me I have to go find my husband," says, Anna.

"Oh, Anna let me introduce you to  DeMarcus Granger before you go."

"Thee DeMarcus Granger of Italy owner of the Sky High Group Inc."

"One and the same, it's a pleasure to meet you, Anna." He shakes her hand and she looks at him in shock then look back at me "we use your services often."

"Thank you, Anna and I hope it's to your liking."

"It definitely is. How do you two know each other?"

"Well Anna I dated miss Washington back in high school" he winks at me.

"I would love to hear this story but I must find my husband."

"Sure give my regards to Mr Britto for me."

As soon as Anna walks off I step in front of him "so that's the big mystery. When we're you going to tell me."

"Where is the fun in that miss Washington. I enjoy the look on your face."

Really he owns the Sky High. Sky High Group is the leader in global vertical flight solutions offering helicopter offshore oil & gas transportation and search and rescue (SAR) services. It's a huge international company with offices in more than forty states in the US and foreign countries combined. I can only imagine the shock on my face as I look at him.

"So you know Sean too."

"I know everything miss Washington."

"Ok, Mr Granger points for you. You have me there I really didn't know what you do only that you have confidence flaming out of you."

"It's not only confidence miss Washington I can assure you" he winks again.

"I can see, still cocky sir."

"Mom, mom can I have this dance," Steph walk up to me stretching out his hand for me to take.

"Excuse me sir my date needs me." I walk off hearing him chuckle.

Steph and I dance to the instrument filling the room as almost everyone is dancing. We laugh as he tried to twirl me around taking me out and bringing me back in. He moves me smoothly making his shoulder parallel to the floor as he step and slides. "Who taught you to waltz, you're doing so good."

"What you know about this," he says letting go of my hand. He spins around and squares his neck placing one hand to the front and the other to his back. You will swear we rehearse this as I step back to him effortlessly. Somehow we became the centre of attention as I stoop and he twirls me again ending the dance. The entire room erupts in cheers as my boy made my night. As gracefully as possible he places his hand on the button of his suit jacket and I link arms with him walking off the dance floor.

"Where did you learn that," I cheer excitedly. "Mom act like you've been here before" he rolls his eyes at me?

"Boy if you don't tell me I'm taking you home and end the night." I fake threaten to get him to tell me.

"So impatient. Our etiquette and ethics teacher taught us at school."

I hug him "you did so great son, I'm proud of you." I smile so brightly nothing can spoil my night. I haven't been this happy in a very long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 11.3K 15
Status: [ Ongoing ] Warning: Lots of mature content and strong language ahead. Read at your own risk. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
334K 353 9
"I want to taste you, can I ?"He asked pleadingly I was gonna say no but the throbbing in my nether regions says yes. "Yes," I said shakily He then...
93.7K 4.2K 54
Ayn is a witch with healing powers. Shapeshifters have killed her parents and the only animals she cannot speak with are wolves. When she graduates...
3.1K 611 17
After two opposites find comfort in each other and have an instant connection but can't be together, they collide again months later and get a secon...