That 000000 & ffffff || Matty...

By secularsaviour

Fan fiction // Matty Healy The 1975 // Book 1 // "We're not a love story, darling, we're a cautionary tale." ... More

PART ONE
And This is how it Starts
Get in the Shower if it all Goes Wrong
She's got a Boyfriend Anyway
Broken Phone, Retching on the Floor
There's Something Different about your Mouth
She Can't Be What You Need If She's Seventeen
It Takes A Bit More
Girl, I'm Not Your Savior
I Don't Want To Be Your Friend, I Want To Kiss Your Neck
Don't You Mind?
Babe, You Look So Cool
So Fixated on the Girl with the Soft Sound
I Like The Way That Your Face Looks When You're Yapping On About Him
Telephone you
Nice to Have Your Friends 'Round
You Know He Likes To Get Blown
I'd be an Anchor but I'm Scared You'll Drown
I Could Hear You Giving Her Head
Never Gonna Lie to You
The Bleeding's Incidental
And You're A Liar At Least All Of Your Friends Are
It's Alright, It's Alright, Baby
Settle Down
I Like it When you Stroke me
Yeah, I Want You
That's Why I'm Not Asleep Right Now
Breaking Hearts
Blood Is On Your Tongue As Well As Your Hands
Avoiding Me And Walking Around You
You're Cold And I Burn
PART TWO
Told You From The Start
If My Heart Stops Beating
I Was Late But I Arrived
You're Alive, At Least As Far As I Can Tell You Are
For You Babe It's An Anobrain
Worrying About My Brother Finding Out
Your Kitchen Full Of Popstars
It's My Party And I'll Cry To The End
For Crying Out Loud
You Opiate This Hazy Head Of Mine
Is It The Same For You?
On The Verge Of Passing Out
She Had A Face Straight Out A Magazine
The Way He Talks
Don't Smoke All My Weed
Where's The Fun In Doing What You're Told?
Pushing Out Babies Now

Eighteen, B*tch

4.8K 115 72
By secularsaviour

/ / E I G H T E E N , B I T C H / /

I'm sat at the edge of the tub; my leggings rolled up as high as they can while Jamie sits patiently between my legs, letting me wash the grease from his hair. It's a mechanism he's picked up when he's nervous – like, nail biting nervous. It doesn't happen often, this is only the fourth time he's begged me to scrub his scalp, but it must be awful if he's also picking at the skin surrounding his nails.

"Is it the twins?" I ask softly as I lather in a second helping of shampoo into his hair.

"Hmm?" He stares off at the tiled wall, not particularly paying attention to anything. "What?"

"Um," I tilt my head, "your mood, I mean, is it something one of them done?"

"No," He sighs out, plopping his hand into the water, sending droplets splattering. "No, it's not them. I just. I don't know, I'm a bit confused is all."

"Oh, can I help?"

He pats my ankle in the water, "This would be it, Marcy." I roll my eyes but let it drop. "What about you?" he asks suddenly, "How are you holding up? With Stefani and Natalie and stuff?"

"I like Stefani," I admit, "But George pulled me aside and told me not to get too fond of her, so I don't really know. I think I've been avoiding Natalie, I mean, I still text her and talk to her, but I've not gone to see her in a few days. She's...toxic, isn't she?"

"I think she's in love with you." Had I been drinking water, I'd have choked on it.

"Who's in love with my girl?" Matty mumbles, rubbing his face as he trudges into the bathroom. Nobody ever knocks anymore. He makes a face at us, "I have to pee." We turn our heads a bit and I rinse the suds from Jamie's hair.

"Natalie," Jamie answers, nonchalantly, as if my popstar boyfriend wasn't peeing three feet away from us while I'm scrubbing the hair of my naked best friend.

"Hmm," Matty hums, "Yeah, I suppose I see that. Guess it makes sense."

I roll my eyes, "If she loves me so much why'd she have sex with Brian?"

"Coping mechanism. She can't have you, so nobody can, or something like that." I take a hand full of water and splash it at Matty as he flushes the toilet. He curses and flips me off before turning on the faucet and rinsing my toothbrush. We should definitely get him his own; I doubt his using mine is very hygienic. "You've sucked my dick and I've licked your twát, Marcy, what the fuck do I care where your mouth's been," he had grumped obscenely at me one morning when I mentioned this. He leans against the sink now, facing us, "What exactly is going on here?" he gestures to Jamie and I, and it's not bitter or jealous; it's sleepy and confused.

We're all a bit unconventional here, but it's how we are. "Jamie's freaking out."

Matty nods his head, "Is this about -"

"Yes," Jamie cuts him off sharply and I frown.

"Wait, Matty knows what its about? And I don't?" I ask and I wonder if this has anything to do with the conversation they've had at the Halloween party.

"It's boy talk Marcy, don't be weird about it – I don't bitch when Anna knows something I don't." Jamie snaps. "Go a little to the right," he instructs when I condition a bit closer to the left.

"That's because I tell you everything," I point out.

"Even what we do in bed?" Matty asks, a far look in his eyes as he frowns slightly, toothbrush in mouth.

"Except that."

Jamie laughs, "No, I know about the daddy thing, freak."

"Marcy," Matty groans.

"I didn't tell him," I insist, pulling Jamie's hair lightly.

Jamie chuckles again. "Nah mate, but you just did."

"Fuck you." Matty scowls, bending over the sink to spit.

"Yeah, well...I'll think about." Matty rolls his eyes and leaves the bathroom. I rinse my hands and maneuver my way out of the tub letting the conditioner soak into his head.

"Rinse in five minutes," I tell him, grabbing a towel and drying off my leg.

"Oh and, Marcy?" Jamie turns his head to me. I wait for him to speak and he searches for what he needs to tell me. Finally he grins and says, "Happy birthday."

-

Matty pulls at the collar of his black button up as if the material was choking him. He's looking at himself in the mirror, he almost doesn't notice me, but when he does, he stops, his eyes going a bit wide. He turns sharply, taking me in and I blush under his scrutiny.

"You'd think you've never seen me in a dress," I mumble, eyes casting down to his feet.

He walks closer to me, "You look breath taking," he tells me softly. I've decided on the red lace dress he's found in my closet about a month ago. It goes about mid thigh and hugs my curves. The front goes high enough that I don't need a necklace but the back dips to the center of my back and Matty motions for me to turn around so he can admire how it emphasizes my assets. I roll my eyes and he whistles, "Shit, wife me."

I snort, "Matty stay off the Internet, you're like thirty."

I twist my hair in a low bun letting a few ringlets surround my face. He comes behind me, his hand placed firmly on my ass, "Sometimes I question if this is all real, then I grab on to that ass and I firmly believe it," he quotes, hiding a grin in the crook of my neck.

I laugh reaching my hand up to play with his curls, "You have no idea what to do when you're not on tour, do you?"

"I love Drake," he swears, slapping my bum and going back to fixing his shirt that really doesn't need fixing. "Besides, I do you, don't I?" I quirk an eyebrow because we've been technically celibate for a while now. "Foreplay counts," he quickly adds on, having guessed my thoughts.

I roll my eyes but a smile still tugs at my lips, "Matty you look fine, stop fixing your shirt."

His shoulders slump and I turn to face him, "I'm nervous. I actually asked Stef for advice. She told me to stop being a pussy."

I snort at that. "Hold my hand," I tell him, reaching out for him.

He raises an eyebrow and tilts his head slightly, his eyes going from my face to my outstretched hand to my face again. Finally he places his hand in mine, fingers lacing with mine. "Your palms are clammy," he states. He crinkles his brows, "My palms are clammy."

"I'm nervous too – I've never introduced my parents to anyone but Brian. He was kind of my first everything...this is all new to me and it scares me because you're not...like him," I cringe at my wording.

Matty reaches his free hand to stroke lock of my hair behind my ear, "I've never met the parents of my previous girlfriends. This is new to me too, Marcy. You're not like them,"he mirrors and bends down to press his lips to my mouth and when he pulls away I have to giggle at the smudge of lipstick I've imprinted on him. "I love you," he says as my thumb drags over his bottom lip. Since he's said it the first time, it's as if he can't stop.

"I love you," I repeat.

"I love you both," Jamie gushes, walking in and wrapping his arms around both of our shoulders. "Now who's ready for that birthday dinner? Anna's got the car warmed up."

"You're letting her drive?" I ask in surprise. I've known Jamie and Anna for all my life. Jamie would never let Anna drive his car.

"Drank a bit earlier. Not looking for a DUI," is his excuse, but I note Matty look at him with raised eyebrows. "Come on, hot mama and noodle boy."

"Excuse me?" Matty scoffs, shrugging Jamie off of him and pushing him in front of us to lead the way to the car. I chuckle, slipping on a pair of pumps, using Matty's shoulder as a brace. He grins when he sees them.

"What?" I ask a bit self consciously as we lag behind Jamie who doesn't at all seem drunk in the lightest.

"I like those heels," he responds.

I smirk, "I know. You told me to keep them on that first night..."

He tugs his hand from mine only to wrap his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

The car ride is actually soothing, Anna isn't a reckless driver like Jamie and the music playlist has been changed up, Matty is actually singing along to the music, and I'm sat shotgun with the window rolled all the way down. I know the wind is messing with my hair, but I love the feeling.

It's when I knock at my parents door that the nerves begin again.

"Happy Birthday!" My parents yell as they open the door; baby Ari is in a cute little dress, sitting perched on, Papa's arm.

It's silent the beat after their eyes gaze over to Matty. Daddy scrutinizes him first. Ari breaks the silence when she reaches over for him, immediately recognizing him. She makes grabby hands and squeals for him to take her and I watch with a held breath as Matty gives in and reaches for her.

"Oh," Papa murmurs, "you've met Ella then," He clears his throat and stretches his hand, "I'm Mitchel," He says, a smile on his lips but I can't tell if he's being sincere or not. Matty smiles politely, shaking his hands.

"Matty," he introduces.

"You have popcorn in that purse?" Jamie asks Anna softly behind us.

"Devin," Daddy says clasping Matty's hand next. "You look awfully familiar," he muses, "like Harry Styles."

Matty lets out a short laugh and I bet my life that Jamie wishes he were wearing his 'lol ur not harry styles' shirt. "I get that sometimes," he admits, "with Harry's long hair now."

They step aside and we file in, Matty bouncing my sister on his arm and she squeals happily, bending to kiss his cheek as he leads the way like he's been there before. Which he has, but my dads don't exactly know that.

As I make my way to the dining room, I immediately turn around ready to leave because there at the head of the table is Grammy herself. I turn to my parents glaring daggers, "Grammy's here?" I say through gritted teeth.

Daddy places his hands on my shoulder and turns me around but not before I catch the grimace on his face, "She stopped by and I couldn't get rid of her," he whispers. "I'm sorry princess."

I scowl, "Don't princess me," I mutter as letting my heels dig into the floorboards as Daddy tries pushing me towards the table. Matty is absolutely oblivious, still enamored with my sister and walking towards the wicked witch like it's no big deal.

"Oh fuck," Anna stumbles behind me, catching glimpse of my grandmother.

"Ow," Jamie stumbles behind Anna, "What the hell, walk much – Oh. Wow I forgot something back at the flat, I should probably go..." Jamie says and abruptly leaves.

Anna nods her head, "I should um...drive."

"Fucking Judas," I mutter and Daddy chuckles under his breath.

"They might need adult supervision," Papa inches to the exit but Daddy pulls him back, still pushing me forward.

"Marceline," Grammy says formally, she looks harmless, round and rosy-cheeked, her hair silvery and loose around her shoulder. She's as pale as Papa but the only other similarities are their eye colors. Personality wise, Papa is more on the liberal spectrum – Grammy...not so much. "What on earth are you wearing?"

"A dress," I grit, trying not to pick at the skimpy material.

"Hello," Matty says slowly, apprehensively.

Grammy narrows her eyes at him, "You're not Brian." And that's definitely not the worst she could have said.

"Grammy, this is my boyfriend, Matty." I say, giving into to my daddy and walking closer to Matty's side, closer to Grammy. I find his hand and latch onto him.

"Nice to meet you," he says politely.

"Ee, Ee, Ee," Ari says excitedly, clapping. Matty grins at her and I think this is the moment that my parents fall for him.

"Ma-ee," he questions, cooing at her, "Are you trying to say my name?"

"Ee! Ee! Ee!" She nods giving him a smile that's all gums and teeth.

He places her on her high chair and my parents take a seat across from us. Matty pulls my chair out for me and I remember how he's so chivalrous when he's nervous.

"Where's Brian?" Grammy asks.

"I broke up with him," I say as nicely as I can.

Grammy had never been a fan of Brian so it shouldn't have surprised me when she nodded in approval, "Good. Hope you got rid of that Natalia girl as well. Lesbians," she scoffs.

"Mother!" Papa calls in a gasp.

Matty chokes on the water he had been sipping. I bite my lip before responding, "Natalie. And yes, something like that, I suppose."

"How old are you, boy?" Grammy nods to Matty as Daddy plates food for each of us.

I begin to sweat. To be fair I've been sweating since this morning. But the lighting isn't really helping and I mean, Matty has a clean shave and he's slept for nearly twelve hours, so he looks rejuvenated, he can pass as perhaps nineteen but that's not at all his age so I fear Grammy's comments but I glance over to my parents who curiously look on.

Matty licks his lips before answering truthfully and I set my drink down ready for the worst. Daddy chokes on his food and I pray to not only God, but Jesus and George Washington too.

Grammy only nods, "Good, Marceline could use some maturity in her life." I think it's a jab at my friends and I'm not sure whether to be insulted or grateful.

"Mother, that's nearly eight years apart," Papa says.

"You're father was twenty-five years older than me," Grammy cuts him off. I make a face but keep my mouth shut. "What exactly is it that you do?"

"I..." Matty tries to word this appropriately, "compose music."

"Doesn't seem practical."

Matty shrugs, "With all due respect, it's been working out quite all right." I watch my parents, watch their faces contort with realization.

"Healy," Daddy murmurs quietly to himself, "No way."

I shrug meekly when he catches my eyes and I smile tightly, "Way," I mouth to him.

Ari squeals again, breaking the tension and slapping her hands in her food jubilantly.

"Are you the one who inseminated Marceline?" Grammy inquiries, a bit hostile. My cheeks flush and I stop Matty from answering.

"I think that's quite enough," I say but she talks over me.

"It's God's punishment for your wildness," She tells me and Anna owes me a bottle of rum because I had been right in my guess that she'd assume that.

"God?" Matty asks and I glance heaven-wards, once again praying to the three of them. "Marcy died, were you aware? Her heart stopped," Matty insisted, actually properly looking at her and my parents and I stare as Grammy eyes him down. "But how could...God have punished her, when, isn't it a miracle, after all, that she's here now?"

"Mom," Papa starts surprising both Daddy and me as we glance to him. Ari yells, demanding more food and Matty reaches over to fill her plate with mashed potatoes. "I understand your views, but this is my daughter's birthday and I think we'd all rather you didn't spew your negativity right now."

"Your daughter?" Grammy asks, testing the word out like it's foreign and Daddy goes tense as her next set of words hit me hard, "Your daughter," she repeats again, a laugh in her tone. "She's nothing but a charity case, an orphan dropped off at your steps when your whore of a friend couldn't handle a baby and heroin at the same time. It's most likely not even her birthday and Marceline is not your daughter. You share no relation to her and I'm tired of this atrocity of what you think is a family."

I stand abruptly nearly knocking my chair down. Ari's jibber stops as she stares at me with wide eyes. I knew I wasn't a favorite of Grammy's but I never assumed she didn't even consider me family. A million things run through my mind but I can't find a word to correlate to what I'm feeling. My heart breaks worst than I've ever felt before but Daddy is the one who speaks for me: "I think you need to leave."

It's directed to Grammy but I exit the room before I can witness what ever she has to say and I swipe at my eyes.

"Your views are atrocious, really," Matty says, stopping me midway up the steps. "I don't believe in God, but from what I've heard of Him, He's more forgiving and welcoming than you. I'm sorry sweetheart, but I doubt you're spreading religion, seems more of a cult."

"You have got –"

"Yes," Matty says and I hear his chair scraping as he stands, "I've heard much of it before, ma'am. But, blood isn't family. Love is, and you don't seem to have any. This isn't my home, but it isn't yours either, so it's you, I believe, who's got the most nerve, am I right Mitchel? Devin? What about you Ari? Do you agree?"

"Ee!" Ari squeals.

I turn, collapsing on the steps, bringing my hands to my face and hunching over as I sob into my knees. I thought Grammy had been trying to connect with us – what other reason would she be here for. It's not as if she lives far away, but how is it that this is the first time she's set foot in my parents' house.

I hear footsteps and feel the steps creek with new weight. Matty sits beside me on the stairs and his hand goes to my back, rubbing the small of it. Another fit of sobs release from my lips and I turn to his chest burring my face into his nice shirt, essentially ruining it.

"I'm sorry Mars," he says quietly, pressing his lips to my hair. He reaches into his back pocket, "I wanted to wait until the end of the night," he admits, and I pull away from him, sniffling and unable to control my breathing. My lips tremble and he pushes my hair back, tucking it behind my ears. He brings a black velvet box to my line of view. "But I think you need it now. Happy birthday." I glance up at him and he insists that I take it. When I shakily take the box, he thumbs at my tears.

"Thank you," I tell him.

He smiles, "You've not even opened it yet, Marceline."

I shake my head, "I meant for what you just did. Thank you," I repeat.

He presses his lips to my forehead and I glance down at the box. I pry it open with shaky fingers ad gasp when I see the contents. "Matty," I gasp, a fresh set of tears falling from my eyes. It's a thin chain, with a single diamond in the center, it's so simple, but it's elegant and it shimmers in the lighting and when I check the name of the company on the box, my heart catches in my throat, "Oh god, this is too expensive – Matty, I –"

"Marcy," he warns lightly, "It's a gift, I want you to have it."

The steps creek again and I turn to see my parents walking up with Ari clutching Papa's neck. They take seats in front of us and Ari immediately reaches for Matty again. I smile and Daddy places a hand at my ankle. "I'm really sorry, Mar," He mumbles.

Papa leans his head on the railing watching between Matty and Ari and Daddy and I. "She's left," he says quietly. "Thank you, Matty," He says, "Not just for tonight," he admits.

Matty smiles softly letting my sister play with his curls. "It's not a problem at all," he says.

"Marcy," Daddy says, "You and Arabella are the most important things in our lives, fuck whatever Margret said," he scrunches his nose. "We love you. And we're sorry we never told you about your mother."

I shake my head, "I didn't want to know about her. Grammy said I was punished, but I think I'm blessed. You two are all I need."

"You're all that matters to me," Matty sings softly, mostly to Ari and Papa chuckles, recognizing the Justin Bieber lyrics. We sit on the top of the steps and talk quietly amongst each other. Matty is no Brian, but he's honest and they appreciate that. They're apprehensive about the age difference but Matty's childlike attitude at times, his treatment of Ari and his intuitive speech makes up for the most part. They mention the rumor about Stefani and I know they're only looking out for me when they ask, but I hold my breath as Matty tells them the truth. "Mr. and...uh Mr. Devine, I love Marcy more than I thought I could, I think it happened the moment I met her, she was babbling and I thought it was really sweet. She told me that she loved my band and I thought that I loved this girl." My eyes widen because it's not a revelation he's ever told me. "Stef has become a great friend to me, but I don't love her like I love Marcy. She's carrying my child and I will do everything I can to be a good father, but I won't leave Marcy. I can't."

My papa nods his head in thought but Daddy speaks first, "If you hurt my daughter, Matty –"

"Daddy!"

"No, I get it," Matty tells me, grinning a bit, "I understand, sir."

-

"You've been crying," Anna gasps when we walk into Matty's flat. It's decorated with banners and glitter all purple and blues. I assume Anna has forced the lads to wear cone hats that glimmer in the lighting but they don't look too bothered by it. They cheer and blow on little noisemakers and the party resembles that of a ten year old rather than an eighteen year old, but I adore the décor, it makes me laugh and the spiked punch makes up for it. Stefani is sat with Jamie at a barstool in the kitchen next to the island making an array of gag-worthy foods. "What did that evil bitch say?" Anna demands, engulfing me a tight hug.

"Nothing important," I concede. "Judas," I tease.

"Sorry, she makes me uneasy."

"I see why," Matty admits, guiding me to the dining room where a large chocolate cake lays centerpiece.

I gasp because it's extravagant and sparklers ignite at the top rather than candles and Adam cuts the light off and the lot of them surrounds me singing happy birthday off key and already drunk. Cheers erupt with my tears as the song ends and I blow out the sparklers.

"Eighteen, bitch," George yells grabbing me and spinning me around. "Cake and presents," he begs, putting me down and tugging my hand like a little child. "Please Mars Bar, my gift is the best ever!"

I laugh grabbing the knife from Anna. "Wait," Jamie calls, "Matty has to cut it with you."

"This isn't a wedding," Ross points out. But Matty holds the hilt of the knife overlapping my fingers and guiding me to the first slice of cake. Anna snaps countless pictures and Stef turns the light on again. The cake is three layers tall and held together by thick fudge-like chocolate. It tastes beyond amazing, but I hardly get to finish my first bite because Matty is pulling me in for a kiss, greedily licking away the chocolate. I shove him away, laughing and then George pulls me to the living room, seating me at the single sofa seat.

"Mine first," he insists. He grabs a box and hands it to me. I rip at the paper to please George with my excitement and gasp when I hold it up. It's leather shorts from Alexander McQueen. "How bangin' are those?"

"George, you spent seven hundred dollars on a pair of shorts," I point out with wide eyes.

Matty rolls his eyes, "It's hardly a dent in the bank account, relax. Besides, it was on sale so breathe a bit, baby."

"Shut up, Matthew," George whines, "don't tell people their present was on sale."

Jamie hands me his present next, "Drake's new mixtape?" I ask giggling, "Thank you, I love it."

"It's fire," he insists.

Adam hands me a nicely decorated bag and inside is a small black purse. He shrugs, a bit bashful, "I was with G, thought it matched. Besides, yours is getting rather frayed."

I thank him grabbing Anna's gift next, a bottle of perfume identical to the one in my room that had been rapidly going. Ross hands me small box with a neatly folded white blouse and I laugh, "You guys bought me a whole outfit, didn't you?"

Stefani is next, "We went shopping together," she confesses handing me a shoebox with a bow on top. Jimmy Choo suede and mesh ankle boots greet me and I'm in utter shock because this has to be my most expensive birthday ever.

"So now you rock that whole outfit, smelling of Marc Jacob's Daisy while listening to Drake's new mixtape, driving your new car," Matty grins, putting it together.

"New car?" Jamie asks, excited. I grin, reaching into my pocket to twirl the keys that my parents had handed to me before our departure.

"You didn't think we hauled ass here, did you?" I ask, "Not in these shoes, trust me." I laugh a bit before thanking everyone and asking for a group hug.

Matty snaps a picture at the exact moment we're attempting to depart from our hug and edits it to a black and white filter, the caption reading, "#blessed," before posting it to his Instagram.

"Is this supposed to be ironic?" Ross asks when he checks his phone upon getting the alert.

Matty grins secretly at me, "Not at all."

_____________________________________________

Hello all!

I've started on a new story, Haunted, it's a bit of a paranormal/dark/Matty au kind of thing, I actually have no idea where I'm going with it, but a little prologue/excerpt is posted up. It's just something to take me out of this AU,

Thank you as always, for voting and reading and commenting and adding to your lists, I literally cannot even fathom the stats of this story; it's mind blowing and I love you all!

:) X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.9K 1.5K 22
//COMPLETE // ---- " Look at him" I chuckled with a wide smile as I studied Matty and Adam dancing around in circles with their guitars, practicing a...
16.6K 374 23
"What do you think, Matty?" Valerie sighs, trashing her last attempt at writing a song. "I think we should kiss." Valerie believes she is the kind of...
34.3K 686 20
Wary of the decadence and skewed morals that her burgeoning music career might impose upon her, Joanna feels out of place at the rite-of-passage Nott...
26.4K 426 11
'It wasn't his intention to flirt with anyone today. But you seemed to have been sent by the universe for him to rile up a little.' ~*~*~*~ Matty boa...