Mind of Mine || ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏ x ʀᴇᴀᴅ...

By sugarwastedbk

She had always hidden behind a mask. Y/n had not seen the sun in years, hidden away in the Shie Hassaikai hea... More

breakdown
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
info
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
Chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73

chapter 34

11.4K 225 413
By sugarwastedbk

"I made breakfast for everybody!" You shout as bodies hurry around, trying to get ready and head to school. Standing in the kitchen, plates began to hover around as people snatch them from the air, shouting out their thanks over the chaos.

Noticing a ponytail, you call out to her. "Yaoyorozu, here's your plate, I made sure to stack it up- lots of protein."

She holds the plate you hand her, smiling softly upon realizing that you remembered. For her quirk to work effectively, she needed to consume a lot of food in order to create using her body's fat. "Thank you Y/n."

"No worries, better hurry if we want to make it on time."

The dining tables were occupied, people enjoying their breakfast as stories were told all around, each having something exciting to share about their internships. Taking a seat next to Kirishima, you listened to him talk about his time with Fatgum and how they teamed up with Sir Nighteye's Agency for an operation. Across the room, Tokoyami spoke about his time under the guidance of the Dragon Hero Ryukyu.

"Okay but I know we're all curious to hear about Y/n's internship!"

Mina's exclamation caught the attention of everybody as heads turned in your direction. Hagakure jumped in her seat, hands invisibly clapping. "Y/n, what was Hawks like? Did you get any pictures?"

"Toruu, haven't you seen? She posted a picture this morning!" Mina piped back, causing the girl to gasp and immediately pull out her phone.

She pulled up your account and yes, in fact there was a new picture. It was taken by Midoriya actually, on the night you had all patrolled together. The both of you were crouching on the edge of a roof, eyes barely visible through the visors you each had on. You looked like a mini Hawks, matching pose and visors. "I missed the notification," Hagakure groaned as her phone was passed around for people to take a look.

"We all saw the fight, I'm glad you're okay." Tsu pipped in, eyes kind as she ribbit'ed.

"Yeah that fight was hugeeee!"

"Your entrance was epic."

"No," Kaminari piped in, "her carrying and destroying that building was epic."

Nods went around, people commenting about their favorite aspects of the fight. "Well, I just happened to sense it so we went."

"What do you mean sense it? Were you not in the area?" Shinso asked incredulously, for the first time ever, his tired eyes were wide awake as he stared at you.

Finishing your food, you lean back in the seat. "No, we were patrolling a few cities over but I had my quirk mapping out for miles and something felt wrong, so we flew that way."

This caught Midoriya's attention, green eyes gleaming as he took out his notebook on hero notes. Opening up the page dedicated to you, he realized he might need more space. "That's right, your quirk sinks into the ground and various things to map it out, kind of like having eyes everywhere! Does that mean you expanded your range? But to arrive at Shimane that quickly, you must had flown at an incredible speed, Hawks himself is fast and you even kept up with him! That move you used as well- they looked like fireballs!"

Laughing at the quick report and analysis he did on you, you nod. "I've always been to reach out that far, I just never had a reason to do so. And I can keep up with Hawks, just need to work on my endurance. I even developed a move after Hawks, I can replicate his feathers, you should see it. Oh! The fireballs, yes that's condensed energy, it's actually-"

Your explanation got caught short when your alarm rang, a sign that class was about to begin in less than ten minutes. "Shit guys, we have to go."

Those were the magic words, everybody stood up and began scrambling to grab their bags before bolting out the door.

"What about the dishes!?" Iida cried out, staring at the mountain of dishes in the kitchen.

Pushing the boy to the exit, you reassure him. "It's fine, I'll do the dishes while we're in class. Now c'mon Iida, we need to go!"

That only reassured him a bit, not feeling okay so confident about you using your quirk while in class. Either way, that was his only hope since he didn't want to return to dirty stinky dishes.

Grabbing Bakugo's hand, you tug him forward and the boy merely rolls his eyes, allowing you to drag him to class. The entire class arrived on time, slightly panting as Aizawa stepped into the room, causing everybody to hold their breath and straighten up.

"Good morning class. Thankfully, I didn't hear any complaints from your internships. I hope you each got something out of your experiences." He takes a seat on his desk, tired eyes gazing over the class. "You will have 1v1 battles during heroics today with All Might, we want to see some improvements from your internships. But first, we must discuss about an upcoming event."

This seemed to charge the energy with positive buzzing, students excitedly looking at each other.

Aizawa cleared his throat, "Usually we reserve this event for third years, a way for them to branch out and make connections. However, we will extend it to second years as well due to various heroes reaching out, showing an interest in you." Small cheers erupted to which he was quick to silence by activating his quirk. "Apart from the U.A Sports Festival, there is another event that U.A is famous for."

"The U.A Gala!" Mina squealed, earning a sharp look from Aizawa, making her mumble a quick 'sorry' under her breath.

"Like Ashido said, it is the U.A Gala. In this event, heroes from all over the world are invited, along with hero students from U.A and Shiketsu High. I cannot emphasize this enough- this is a huge event, not only will there be news coverage, paparazzi, and media, but you will be interacting with elite heroes, so behave yourselves. Am I making myself clear?"

Twenty two heads nodded in agreement, causing him to sigh at the feeling of a headache kicking in.

"Very well, the event will happen in a week. Therefore, for this upcoming week, there will be additional ballroom etiquette classes with Midnight and Present Mic. You are each required to attend, remember- you are representing the school so act like heroes." Standing up from his seat, he reached for his sleeping bag before adding another thing. "Dress appropriately. This is a black tie event, and your attire reflects the type of hero you wish to portray yourself as. You have creative freedom when it comes to your outfits, but you must get it approved by Principal Nezu before the event. Clear? Anything not appropriate won't be allowed."

Aizawa made sure to pointedly look at some of his students. Nodding, he retreated into his sleeping bag to doze off, letting the room erupt.

Turning, you look at Shinso who seemed to be a bit more alert now, face pondering something. "You're thinking pretty hard about something."

The lavender boy nods before glancing at you. "I'm assuming with these events, dates are allowed right?"

"I mean, I've never been but I'm assuming yes?" Confused, the both of you turn to Todoroki.

The half and half boy only shrugs, "I refused to go with my father. But I'm taking Midoriya as my date."

"Have you asked him? What if he doesn't want to go with you?" You were only teasing, but Todoroki suddenly seemed nervous as he glanced at the green haired boy before turning back around to face you both. You caught Shinso's amused look and grinned, even you weren't that dense.

"You think he got asked already?"

Shinso and you snicker as Todoroki blinks at you both seriously. It's Shinso who replies, "Todoroki, he's your boyfriend. No shit he's going with you."

"Oh, okay."

"And you? Going with Kaminari?" Kaminari was talking animatedly with Sero, scribbling on a piece of paper, probably planning the outfit he was going to wear. "Better make sure he doesn't show up in a yellow suit."

The concept of a yellow suit makes him grimace in disgust, "I should go make sure that's not actually his plan." And so you watch Shinso walk towards his boyfriend, only to snatch the paper and rip into pieces- and you knew Kaminari was actually planning to wear the horrendous yellow suit.

Laughing in your seat, you watch Jirou approach you and slide into Shinso's seat, "I bet they let second years attend because of you."

"I doubt it, we're all pretty amazing."

"But it was you who ended up being on the news twice in two weeks. That's impressive."

Shrugging, you lean back on your seat and your eyes meet Bakugo's. You wink at him, causing him to blush and flip you off. "Doesn't really matter to me. My only concern is ballroom dancing- I'm shit at that."

"Tell me about it. Momo has been taking lessons since she was young, I really don't feel like stepping on her toes."

"Our mission for this week, make sure not to step on our partner's feet. And just because I like you, I'll let you practice with me and you can step on my toes all you want." She laughs as her girlfriend takes a seat on top of Shinso's seat, her power as Vice President making her immune to Iida's statements about respecting school property.

Talking about Iida- you call out to him. "Iida, the dishes are done in case you were worried."

The navy haired boy nods, moving his hands robotically as he thanks you. "Thank you for informing me Y/n, I'll make sure to give you a week off of cleaning for this favor."

"Don't sweat it," waving the comment off you turn back to the girls. "So, what are we wearing?"

"I have a couple of dress, I might head home to check my closet. This event is big, there is even a carpet where heroes and students walk through and get paused for interviews. Aizawa was right in advise us to pay extra attention to our outfits since it's televised as well. I can get us some dresses if you want Y/n." Yaoyorozu offered but you narrowed your eyes in thought before shaking your head no.

"Thank you, but I actually think I know someone who can help. Wait, let me call them."

Nodding, they talk within themselves, probably coordinating what colors or style they were going for. Jirou wasn't much of dress person, so she was thinking of a fancy suit or pantsuit. While they discussed, you clicked on the contact and soon their voice filtered through the phone.

"Y/n honey! It's been so long since I've seen you, you should come over again!"

"Hi Mitsuki, I'm sorry, we've just been busy but I actually have a favor to call in."

"Anything for my daughter." You can hear her call for Masaru, "Aren't you in school?"

"It's homeroom but my dad just told us about an event we're attending in a week." You can hear your voice in the background echoing back to you, a sign that she put you on speaker. "The U.A Gala is in a week... so I was hoping you can help me?"

Taking the phone away from your ear, Jirou chuckled as she heard Mitsuki squeal through the phone, followed by her husband trying to calm her down. "Of course I can help you! Wait until I tell Inko! Oh she's going to lose her mind. Okay, I'll be over later so that we can take some measurements and figure out what image you're going for. Good timing, we started on this new line that hasn't been released, we can always use that to..."

Nodding at her rant, you smiled at how excited she sounded, even Masaru was piping in, suggesting various colors and materials that would look good with you.

"I wonder when that brat is going to call us asking for help," Mitsuki mused and you glanced up at Bakugo who was being bombarded with fashion questions from Kirishima.

"He might call you later, you know how he is."

"You're absolutely right honey. Time to plan, there's no time to waste. We love you Y/n, take care of my idiotic son."

You chuckle, "Will do Mitsuki." Hanging up, you turn towards your friends already seeing the amusement on their faces. "Sorry, that was Katsuki's mom."

"Definitely like mother like son."

"Yeah, they're amazing though. Did you guys settle on something?"

"Yes, so I was deciding on going with something bright like red and maybe..." The rest of the class was spent planning with your friends stopping by to ask for your opinion. Honestly, you're not so sure why they kept coming to ask you when you rarely bothered to put any effort into getting ready. Plus, you weren't really sure what was considered appropriate with this event. What if heroes and students went all extra and you didn't? That would make you die of embarrassment.

However, you had a reliable team behind you and you had faith in Mitsuki and Masaru, assured that they'd choose something that represented you.

Soon it was time for heroics class and you found yourself standing next to All Might, fully decked out in your hero costume, even wearing the visors Hawks insisted you kept. Part of you was considering on hitting the Support Department up to design an official visor set for you, maybe they can come up with a mixture of both a visor and mask? Either way, as you stood next to the towering hero waiting for the class, All Might spoke up, blue eyes bright.

"Young Aizawa," you saw the way he visibly grimaced which caused you to laugh.

"All Might you can call me Y/n, I know it must be a little weird for you."

"I must admit, it is strange. Now, Young Y/n, I'm aware that you know of my situation?" He didn't say the rest but you knew what he was referring to.

"I do. And please don't be mad at Midoriya, there was really no way he could have prevented this. But I promise to never tell a soul, this secret dies with me."

The hero was a little taken back by how serious your last words were but assumed that you were just that intense typically. He nods, placing a sturdy hand on your shoulder. "Thank you for understanding. A little green bird told me about you and Young Bakugo, I must say the stars did an excellent job in pairing you both."

A blush coated your cheeks, was All Might really gossiping with you about your relationship? Who cares, you were here for it. "He really looks up to you. Actually they both do."

All Might chuckled fondly, fully aware of his two most loyal fans. "Those two... I'm glad they have each other. It's been an honor to see them grow into the great heroes they are now. And you Y/n, you're a wonderful mixture and I can already see you grow into someone even brighter than me. Young Midoriya confided in me about the label he gave you- the Symbol of Hope, that's something."

"Oh um yeah," you scratch the back of your head sheepishly, still feeling a bit embarrassed about the title and how confidently Midoriya had stated it. "I'm not really sure how I feel about it."

"And why is that? I think it suits you perfectly. A balance between Peace, Victory and Hope, that seems like the perfect mixture if you ask me."

The rise in noise meant people were coming out from the locker room as you whispered your words a bit softly now. "But hope... it just feels like some big shoes that I don't think I can fill."

"There are no shoes to fill Young Y/n. You are wearing the shoes, shaping society in your own way. What matters is that you believe in yourself and in others as well. That's why it's important to have a great support system- which you do."

You follow his gaze, softening at seeing Bakugo and Midoriya arguing while Todoroki rolled his eyes and purposely put himself in between. The rest of the class followed behind them and you spot the yellow hair from Kaminari, the purple hair from Jirou, the black hair from Sero. And yes All Might was right, you were lucky enough to have supportive friends.

"Thank you All Might."

"Don't let anybody snuff out your light Young Y/n."

As the class appeared, Bakugo sent you a questioning look, having noticed the way you were conversing with All Might before he arrived. You respond with a shake of your head, promising to tell him more later. Frowning slightly at being out of the loop, he only shrugged before giving All Might his attention.

"Today we will be having 1v1 Battles! Two names will be drawn from this empty box. For the sake of time, each person will be allowed to fight twice. The purpose is to see your improvement and areas where you need help. There is no winner or loser here," and you were sure the was directed at Bakugo as you snickered to the side. The sharp glare you felt on your face meant Bakugo heard it and wasn't pleased.

"With that being said, let's begin!"

Standing on the elevated ground in the training ground, you looked up at the monitor to see the first fight begin. As time went on, you noticed that there were improvements in everybody. Kirishima had extended his time for hardening, making his ultimate move even more badass. Jirou extended the range of her earphone jacks and was now capable of capturing someone while emitting a frequency that caused a major headache (poor Mina).

And then, your name was called.

"Y/n versus Bakugo."

Life was good.

The class took a step back as they felt the intensity between you both. But they knew this was about to be good, so they stepped closer to the monitor.

Wearing matching grins, you walked with Bakugo to the center of the field.

"Get ready to eat shit blasty."

"You fucking swear. And no holding back either."

"Oh you bet, you're not going to like what I'm about to dish."

"Challenge accepted Scarface."

Crouching down your quirk began to set aflame, casting a purple glint on you. Across, Bakugo was the same, small sparks popping as he smirked at you. Retaliating, you blew him a kiss.

"BEGIN!"

The class could only gap.

They were aware of how intense Bakugo could get- but they didn't expect this type of intensity from you either. Actually, the more they watched, the more familiar your movements seemed.

And then it hit them.

"She's copying Kacchan's moves. Actually, she's doing exactly what he would do. The energy popping from only the palm of her hands, those are the same fireballs from her fight against the Nomus- it's meant to mimic Kacchan's explosions. It's like he's fighting himself. She became a perfect mirror." Midoriya couldn't help but speak in an awed tone.

Each day you seemed to surprise them all, coming up with various innovative ways to apply your quirk. They never would've expected this move from you and the way you seemed to move as easily as Bakugo said a lot.

Bakugo on the other hand, wasn't having a good time. "Stop mimicking me!"

"Well too bad because I'm fucking doing it!" You flip mid-air, releasing a small blast of energy to change the trajectory of your body. "You wanted to fight the best well now I'm giving you that. Let's see if you can beat yourself!"

The two of you blast away from each other, this time Bakugo took his time watching you. He's at a disadvantage here due to your ability to hear his thoughts and predict his moves. The first thing he needed to do was stop thinking- which he did, leaving it all to instincts at this point.

The battle was intense. So intense that nobody dared breath or even blink, afraid they'd miss the most epic fight ever. It was neck to neck, sometimes you'd manage to pin Bakugo down, sometimes it was the other way around. But neither party seemed to just stay down.

"If you pin me down for five seconds, I'll bake that strawberry shortcake you've been wanting."

If the fire in Bakugo's eyes wasn't already bright- this definitely ignited it more.

With Bakugo acting on instincts and not allowing you to read his mind, you had to channel your inner Bakugo. It was a little strange fighting this way, your arms weren't used to the recoil of your blasts hitting him, and now you understood why his shoulders were godly.

Still, you didn't let it slow you down as you nailed Bakugo in the chest. Unlike his explosions, yours were a bit different. The moment the ball of fire hit his chest, he was hit with a force that sent him flying back, like a delayed hit. The timing was always different as a way to keep him on his toes. To contradict this, Bakugo had to pop explosives to try and control his movement, making sure to not give you a chance to pin him down.

And then it happened.

He caught the window of opportunity and claimed his victory. All Might's announcement of the winner didn't matter to you, what mattered was the look on Bakugo's face.

A devilish smirk on his face, sweat dripping from his side temples as he pinned your arms above you, adding enough heat that you wouldn't move. He was on top, straddling your hips as both of your chests heaved in exhaustion.

"Holy fuck."

"Where's my fucking cake now?"

No thoughts. Head empty. You couldn't do anything but admire him- the way the eyeliner blended with his dark mask, giving him a smokey look that made his ruby eyes pop out. And simmering in those eyes was pure, raw happiness.

He stands up and lifts you up, dragging you back to the monitor room with the others but your mind is still stuck on the mental image of him. "Fuck that was hot."

"HUHHH??!" Bakugo turns to look at you, and notices the way your eyes are wide and the red on your face wasn't just from the battle. "Fucking weirdo."

"Shut up and let me enjoy this."

"You still lost."

"Not all battles must be won."

The blond boy only snorted, shoving your face away from him with his dirty hands making you grimace, "Shut your philosophical ass up."

"Mm no, you like my ass."

The teasing banter had to be muted as you climbed the steps up to the monitor room, instantly greeted by conversations going on all at once. Standing next to Bakugo, the two of you listened to All Might's short explanation and commentary about the fight. The hero complimented Bakugo's skill, impressed at the way he condensed the firepower to better control his movements and for being strategic enough to avoid being caught up in your ruse. He then proceeded to talk to you.

The hero admitted that it was an interesting battle, impressed at how well you read Bakugo's moves. He suggested to keep on working on controlling the fire blasts if that was a move you wanted to implement. But after thinking about it, you preferred to leave the explosives to Bakugo.

"Lets be real, all you bitches wanna look like me."

Mouth hung open, you slowly turn to look at him. "You did not just say that."

Bakugo cocks up an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips as he watched the next match get ready- Midoriya vs Shinso. "So what if I did?"

"Wait until Mina finds out, she's going to go fucking crazy. All her hard work finally paid off- she'll never let you live it down." Cackling, you see the look of realization settle in as he groans. He knows Mina won't stop annoying him now and will probably blast even more Nicki Minaj near him.

"Don't tell her, you owe me."

"Oh do I? Why do I owe you?"

"You lost the fight," he crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back against the railing as he squints up at the monitor, something didn't seem right about the fight.

"So what? I owe you a shortcake, not a favor. There's a difference there."

"Shortcake and a favor, 2-in-1 deal."

"That's not how it works, you can't negotiate now."

"Well I just did so deal with it." To emphasize his point, he reached forward to flick your forehead before returning to his original position.

"Bastard," you mumbled under your breath, not low enough because he he sent another flick your way again. "Stop it." Batting his hands away from you face, you glanced up at the giant screen in front, noticing how whatever Shinso was saying was slowly bothering Midoriya. There was a twitch on his face, right below his eyes as he extended his hand forward, probably about to send an air blast.

Bakugo was going to say something else, probably curious about when you had enough time to dedicate an entire freaking move after him, but cries from his peers caught his attention as you both stared at the screen.

Dark tendrils were erupting from Midoriya, almost similar to yours but while yours were soft and round, his were sharp and jagged- almost like they were out of control.

You can hear All Might speaking rapidly into the earpiece, trying to get an update on the situation, but even you know that won't do anything. Tears are building up in those green eyes, and they're not from joy like usual- these are tears of pain and hurt, and you can't suddenly sit there and watch this.

The boy next to you was ready to shout, but something shoved him out of the way. Looking up, he caught sight of you, flapping through the air, purple power shaped into wings- just like Hawks.

"Where is Y/n going?"

"Wait, I thought Midoriya only had a strength enhancer quirk, why does this look familiar to Y/n's quirk?"

"Shouldn't All Might do something? Shinso is running away and Midoriya is causing a bunch of destruction."

Using your quirk, you wrap energy around Shinso to protect him from Midoriya. The action caught the attention of the green haired boy, "Y/n! You need to run away! I can't control it!" He cries, clutching his arm in pain as the bracers for his arm began to wither away.

"No, I can't do that. Focus on me, do you hear me?!" Shouting over the sound of metal clanking on the floor, you roll away from an incoming attack from him. Whatever was going on, that quirk of his was acting on its own. "Breathe Deku! I'm your friend- not your enemy!"

You keep on shouting, trying to keep his attention on you to distract him from the pain going on. The whips keep coming towards you, but your own power overlaps his. Black, green, purple- they all mix together as your quirk battles against his, trying to see who was stronger.

"I CAN'T, IT HURTS SO MUCH!" He sobs as the quirk lifts him in the air, whips funneling around him like a protective wall. "I don't want to hurt you, please you need to leave!"

Grunting, you feel the slice on your cheek from a whip. Still, you continue to run forward towards Midoriya, raising yourself high enough to wrap your arms around him. Without hesitation, you place a hand on his forehead and the boy slumps in the air, whips retracting immediately into his body.

Keeping your arms wrapped around his unconscious form, you began to carry him back to All Might. With each step you take, the ground around you begins to take its former look. Pipes from the training ground lift in the air and melt into their respective spots, and it looks brand new again, like there was never a fight going on.

Bakugo is there in a flash, taking the boy from your arms as you wipe the blood leaking from your cheek wound. "Take him to Recovery Girl, I need to talk to Shinso and All Might."

There's understanding in his eyes, and even though he won't admit it, there's even some concern swimming in there for his childhood friend. And so he walks away to the nurse's room while you meet up with the class.

"Wow, is Midoriya alright?"

"Here Y/n, your wound is still bleeding."

"Damn, that was intense. Does he have another quirk?"

Taking the bandage from Yaoyorozu and putting it on, you ignore the questions coming your way, walking urgently to All Might. Getting close enough, the hero tilts down a little so you can speak into his ear but what needed to be said was too serious, too sensitive for this environment. Instead, you reach into his mind and let your voice float in there. "I knocked out Midoriya with my quirk, it was effective and painless. But when I did, I got flashes of people. Whatever just happened was a result from One For All, you need to look into this."

He simply nods before clearing his throat to address the class. "Let's move on with the final battles. Bakugo took Young Midoriya to the infirmary room, so rest assure that he's fine."

It didn't exactly ease their worries but they knew better than to question it. Nodding, you shift to the back of the class, finding the lavender boy easily. Everybody else was watching Ojiro fight against Tsu, and while their attention was no longer on you, the question that was brewing in your mind was finally spoken.

"Shinso, what happened out there? Are you okay? I think I got there right on time."

The boy looks down at you while biting his lip, a nervous tick of his. "I was trying to brainwash him, just asking him embarrassing things. But then I stepped it up a bit," he scratched the back of his head, gaze averted. "I may have said some things that were a bit hurtful. Some comments about not winning the Sports Festival and how his mentor must be disappointed. But he-uh snapped when I brought up Bakugo."

Ah.

You touch his arm softly, "It's okay, I know you were just trying to win."

Breathing in heavily, he continued on. "It was mostly generic things- things I've heard Monoma say for example and next thing you know, those things came out and yeah."

Nodding pensively, you stare at the corner of the monitor screen, not necessarily paying attention. "Thank you for telling me and I'm sure Midoriya isn't upset about it but you can always talk about it with him."

"You're not angry with me?"

You shake your head, "Nope. You're entitled to your own opinion and you're my friend Shinso- I know you didn't want to hurt or talk shit about any of us, but to get your quirk to work, you sometimes need to be a little cold. I get it."

"Yeah okay," he pats your head, his own little way of expressing his gratitude. "Thanks for saving my ass by the way."

"You know me, always stepping in to save a damsel in distress. It was my pleasure m'lady."

He scrunched his nose in distate, "you've been hanging out with Denki too much."

Laughing softly, you bump your shoulder with his. "Jealous much?"

"No."

"Yeah okay. Kaminari's fun to be around, I'll admit that I have picked up on some of his slang. And no, don't give me that look!" His expression hadn't changed but there was something accusatory in his eyes, like he was physically repulsed but the idea of anybody picking up on his boyfriend's slang, that's how terrible it was in his eyes. "It's catchy! You can't blame me for that."

"I can actually. If you use his slang, it's only going to inflate his big head. I don't need nor want that."

"Well thank you for sharing that with me Mr. Grumpy Hating Ass, I'll make sure to use all of his slang now."

"I knew it, you hate me."

"Oh definitely," you say dramatically, purposely sticking your nose up at him. "Fucking peasant, get out of my sight."

Shinso merely rolls his eyes but goes with your dramatics, used to this behavior with his boyfriend. And so he does a short bow, "as you wish my queen."

"Queen hu? I like the sound of that."

"Not surprised."

You elbow him, an offended look on your face. "What's that supposed to mean troll hair?!"

"Not you too," he groaned, "You sound just like Bakugo with his horrifying nicknames."

"Well suck it up buttercup," you pipe in before turning to the side, trying to see if Bakugo was returning anytime soon. Your quirk was meant to put Midoriya to sleep for a few minutes at most, he should be up. Maybe Bakugo stayed with him to get some answers.

"Yeah whatever."

The class ended and you made your way hastily to Recovery Girl's room, opening the door to reveal the two boys- one sitting on the cot and the other angrily scowling on the chair next to it. Letting the door slide close behind you, your footsteps echoed in the room as they watched you walk in with trays of food. Based on their expressions and body language, they had been discussing something heavy- something important that had to do with the whips Midoriya had created.

"Hey Y/n, thanks for the food. And for saving me earlier."

You only hummed in response, handing him a tray before taking a seat on the bed by his feet. Bakugo reached for the other tray, angrily shoving the food in his mouth, still shooting daggers at Midoriya. The only sound was chewing, an occasional grunt from Midoriya as he adjusted his arm that was still healing. You were just enjoying the food, trying to remain casual about the situation so that it didn't feel like an interrogation.

Your mind was still trying to process what you had seen in Midoriya's mind.

There were bright colors flashing, a mist of sort coating his mind. But within the mist, you saw- no felt the presence of others. There was a man in particular who had pale hair, a hand reaching out towards you but you didn't accept it, choosing to knock out Midoriya first because he was in pain. Which led you to your next thought:

What the fuck

It was one thing for you in particular to mimic others and adjust your quirk to behave in a specific way- it happened with Bakugo and then Hawks. That was because your quirk allowed it, giving you room to be creative and expand the bounds. The possibilities were honestly endless. But not Midoriya's. His was as straight forward as it got- super strength. So how? How did he manage to do this?

One For All... the quick explanation about the quirk had been mumbled by Midoriya during the Sports Festival, the information reaching you without permission really.

One For All was a transferable quirk that could be passed on from one user to the next. Its name comes from its nature; being 'one' quirk for 'all' people. In order for it to be transferred, the recipient must ingest a sample of the predecessor's DNA (which Midoriya had done and you didn't want to know the details behind that). OFA allows the user to stockpile an enormous amount of raw power, allowing them to significantly enhance all of their physical abilities to a superhuman level. This results in unbelievable levels of strength, speed, agility, and durability. Now that easily explained what Midoriya had been able to do so far- nowhere in there were black whips in the description.

"Soo..." Midoriya began awkwardly, legs crossed as he pushed his empty tray to the side, purposely avoiding Bakugo's accusatory eyes.

"Okay, I'm just going to say it. There are people in your head." The two only blinked at you while you waited for them to say something-anything really.

Midoriya opened his mouth, his tone made it seemed like it was obvious. "Um yeah I know, the spirits of the previous users."

"Wait you knew?"

"Since like my first year when Shinso brainwashed me during our battle."

"Damn, Shinso somehow is always caught up in this hu."

"I should probably talk to him. I bet he feels upset about this, oh man and we were just working on building his confidence up. Now he won't want to spar together. Do you know where-"

"Deku shut the fuck up."

"Sorry Kacchan."

Shifting on the bed, you took on a more comfortable position. "When I knocked you out, my quirk sunk into your brain to access your pineal gland and increase production of a specific hormone that caused your body to fall asleep. But when I did, I felt like I was being watched. Imagine going down a hall and there's people on the side staring. And well it seems like I felt the past users."

Midoriya only blinked at you. There was so much to unpack there and his fingers were itching to write down this new information about your quirk. Making a mental note about it, he was actually a bit grateful that you could sense the past users. Maybe your quirk could help him understand the dreams he's been having. Maybe you could even communicate with them!

"I mean I can try but don't get your hopes up."

"Hu?"

"You were mumbling again you damn nerd."

He mumbled a short sorry in embarrassment before looking at you with wide hopeful eyes and damn, you knew you couldn't say no to him. "Do you want me to try now? Or maybe later?"

"Later, I don't want to pass out again."

Nodding, you stood up, stretching a bit as your back began to hurt from slouching. "Also, I can help you with Blackwhip."

"How did you know its name?"

"You mumble both physically and in your head, double information really."

The rest of the lunch period was spent discussing the matter, with All Might popping in and sharing what he knew about the past users, which wasn't much really. Therefore, while you and Bakugo would go work out after school, Midoriya was going to spend the time with All Might, trying to track down any information they could and speak with a man named Gran Torino.

It was settled.

...

"My jaw is fucking throbbing," groaned Bakugo as he tried to flex his jaw. On the side, you grimaced upon seeing the discoloration appear on his skin and you felt a little bad. The two of you had finished working out in the student gym U.A had. However, his jaw was throbbing because you hit him a bit too hard during heroics earlier.

"Sorry," you called out before squatting down. Your eyes meet his through the reflection of the mirrors.

Bakugo sets the weights where they belong before going to spot Kirishima. The gym was in full swing with other students from other years in there, all departments and just not heroics. The only thing that kind of irked you was the lack of females and you wondered if your friends ever came here. Maybe they could help you knock down the high amounts of testosterone in here. The only reason you even worked out here was because you tagged along with Bakugo and the rest of the gang, and they typically stuck close to you.

"Whatever, nothing to be sorry for, it was a good punch."

Finishing your set, you reach for the extra towel you brought to wipe your face and began to take the weights off the bar so the next person could use it. Approaching Bakugo and Kirishima, you wave at Sero who was with Shoji working out. "Thanks, but I may have hit you a bit too hard, it looks a little rough."

He only shook his head no, eyes focused on Kirishima in case the boy needed the support. "You done?" You nod yes as you grab your bag and sling it over your shoulder. "Alright, lets go then. Shitty Hair go get fucking Tape Face to spot you."

"Thanks for your help Bakubro. Bye Y/n!"

"Bye Kiri!"

The two of you walk out and head to the other gym, this one was more of a battle ground field where people could practice with their quirk as long as they had supervision. In the room was All Might and Midoriya already, broken pieces of cement scattered around, probably from Midoriya blowing off some steam.

"Alright lets do this." Dropping your bag on the floor, you stop next to Midoriya and point towards the ground, telling him to sit down. "I'm going to reach into your mind, you're going to feel this cold sensation but that's just my quirk."

He nods as he sits on the floor with you standing behind him, hands raised ready to reach into his brain.

"Wait, how can we be so sure you'll be able to communicate with the past users?" All Might interjects, a bit nervous about the entire thing. The brain was a delicate thing, for you to be purposely reaching and messing around with it didn't sound safe to him.

"We don't but it's okay All Might, I understand how the brain works."

Still, the hero stood stiffly to the side, twisting his fingers in worried while Bakugo only scoffed, plopping down on the floor across from Midoriya, "Hurry up."

Rolling your eyes at his antics, your fingers touch the side of Midoriya's head.

And then it's dark.

Water?

It feels like it.

Something murky reaches your ankle but they don't feel wet. You take a step forward and watch as the liquid shimmers and ripples out with your movement. Glancing down at your body, you're still dressed in your current outfit, but there was a certain texture to the clothing, almost like your eyesight was hazy.

The place is dark, the color black expanding all around you making it difficult to see the ends of the room- if there were even an end or walls.

Something shifts to the side, and you see it again- the hand reaching out.

But this time, you don't brush past it. Instead you reach for it.

Suddenly, there's a bright light filling the room as you squint, throwing a hand over your eyes to block out the brightness. Opening your eyes, you try to blink away the dark spots as you spot bodies in front of you. They don't look familiar, but they wear kind smiles, waiting for you to recover patiently.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Y/n."

"I would say the same but I don't know who you are."

"That's fine," a man with pale hair says, his hair falling over his eyes. "You'll soon know."

"Isn't it a little weird that she can see us? And we can see her?" A bald man suddenly exclaims, voice gruff. What appear to be goggles are placed on his forehead, catching the light. "We can't even see the ninth properly and yet here she is."

The ninth? Oh, they must mean Midoriya.

"I can fix that." But before you can use your quirk, a woman with dark hair softly shakes her head, placing a yellow gloved hand on your shoulder.

"There's a time for that later. We can't put too much pressure on him." Something about her seems familiar, the hairstyle, the suit she has on, the cape that seems to be flowing behind her.

"Nana Shimura, the 7th holder of One for All, mentor of All Might." The image the hero had presented you during lunch flashed in your mind, she looked the same now. The same kind smile.

She nods, "Yes, that's me."

"Why can't Midoriya be here? This is his quirk." You question, arms crossed like a mother waiting for a reasonable explanation from her children. The users shift back as they feel the protectiveness roll off of you. They seemed to be communicating with each other, and the pale man steps forward from their huddle.

He clears his throat before pointing behind you. Looking over your shoulder, you spy the green hair. But Midoriya isn't like you, his body seems to be covered in a black sort of mist, the only thing really visible are his green eyes and hair. He seems to be okay with it as he pointedly looks between you and the users.

Right, he wanted you to communicate with them.

"Okay, that's better. Now explain. Why did he get Blackwhip? Why now of all times? Why couldn't All Might access this other quirk when he had OFA?" The rush of questions caused Nana to chuckle.

"I'm sure Izuku appreciates you doing this for him, asking all the questions he wants to desperately ask."

You shift, crossing your leg over the other, giving her a passive look. "I take my job as his interpreter seriously."

"Right, you can hear his thoughts," you simply hum yes at her statement before looking at the others users. Some were clear, their bodies and faces visible while others were covered in the same haze like Midoriya. Were you supposed to somehow unlock the rest of the users or what? There were too many unknown variables, too much information that was being withheld from you.

You didn't like being kept in the dark.

"Answer my questions before I go in your minds."

The bald man only raised his hands up in surrender, "Slow your roll kid, we're getting to it. I should start- you better start shaping up, it's time. You can't use your power casually anymore, it's something bigger. You have to work harder! Do your best!" He points a finger at Midoriya behind you and you can see the way he frazzles at being scolded.

"The power you shot out was originally my quirk." He boasts, standing tall with his hands on his hips. "Maybe I should explain more. Our individual quirk factors mixed in with the core of OFA. They've been inside of you this whole time! Now, imagine this core rests in the middle of raging flames- those flames are the cultivated powers we users added to the original. But after so many years, the core started to expand and move. OFA is growing inside you!"

He points his finger towards Midoriya chest and the boy can only look up the at the towering figure, soaking in all of the words.

"Why? What's going to happen?" You ask, looking between the pair and back to the other users. However, they simply look away- too afraid to answer? Who knows.

"Earlier, you were dead set on capturing that guy. It just so happens that the best quirk for that is Blackwhip. So lucky you, you get to met yours truly first! Not to brag-my power is great. But be careful, this quirk has evolved. Blackwhip has the might of OFA swirling within it meaning it's much stronger now than it was with me."

Behind him, the same whips emit from his body but they're much calmer than with Midoriya, moving around like they were exploring the area. "You need to learn control- not only over your body but over your emotions. That's the main component. Rage can be a force to be reckoned with, but being clouded by it will only result in more damage. And this is only the beginning, you still have six more quirks to master. Good luck kid, you're going to be the one who completes One For All!"

Those are his last words before he begins to fade out, the others fade away with him and even Midoriya does. And that just leaves you and one person.

The pale man.

"I am the first user of One For All." He states, a hand reaching up and he waits for you to place your hand over his. "You know the history behind my quirk and how I obtained it but I need to warn you- my brother lives on, I can feel him. This is only beginning and you understand what that means."

His eyes meets yours, eyes that hold years of wisdom. And what you've always known is confirmed.

"The war is upon us."

Somebody is shaking you, their hands on your shoulders as they rock you back and forth. You blink, trying to regain your senses. "About time Scarface."

"How long were we out?"

"A good five minutes I'd say."

Midoriya is still on the floor, rubbing his head like it hurts. But when he looks up, you realize it's not hurting, he's just incredibly stressed out. There is this newfound heaviness on his shoulders as they sag forward, crinkles on his forehead that weren't there before. But he's not alone in this fight. Crouching down, you push his curls away from his face, "Don't try to do this alone, we're stronger together."

"Yeah nerd," Bakugo mimics your position, staring at Midoriya with his eyes narrowed. "Whatever happens, we stick together. Save to win and win to save, remember that?"

Midoriya can only laugh as tears fall from his eyes, gratitude and appreciation shining bright in his green eyes. "Thank you," he whispers, letting his face fall forward so that the tears drip onto his lap, head still racing from everything that happened. The three of you remain in that same position until All Might ventures forward. He didn't want to break the moment but there were questions that needed to be answered.

"What did you learn?"

It's you who answers.

"The biggest battle has yet to happen."

Your eyes are bright, determination and resolve in them, like you had accepted your cursed fate with open arms, no fight at all. All Might didn't like it one bit. But then you give him a smile, and he understand now- he sees the hope Midoriya was describing and understands just how easily the class was able to put their faith in you. The fire burning in those eyes eased his worries because you were there to protect them from the upcoming horrors.

"And we'll be ready for it."

...

Trudging back to the dorm building, the sun is setting, casting a pretty look on the sky. Pinks and oranges mix together and it might just be one of the prettiest sunsets you've ever witnessed.

Hiking the bag higher on your shoulder, you push the doors to be building open, immediately greeted by the aroma of food being cooked and voices littering in the common room. But before you could turn the corner to head up to your room, a voice calls out to you. "Y/n honey!"

Stopping, you slowly turn around and see the spiky blond hair next to green hair, but it's not Midoriya and Bakugo. No, it's their mothers. 

"Mitsuki! Inko!"

Smiling brightly, you move forward to greet them, hugging them close. "It's Auntie Inko to you missy."

"Right right." A few of your classmates were around, probably keeping the two mothers company until you arrived. "Well, should we head up to my room? The boys are still training." 

"That's fine," Mitsuki exclaims, "We didn't come here for them either way." The three of you take the elevator to your room. Opening the door, you let them walk in, thankful that you had cleared up your room in the morning. Dropping the bag in the corner of the room, you open the mini fridge you had and hand them a drink. 

Mitsuki is curiously looking around, her eyes softly looking at the pictures you had. Inko was the same, a bit more calm as she takes a seat on your bed. 

"Should we get started?" 

And that's how you spend the rest of the time. They each hand you different pictures, displaying various outfits others had worn throughout the years to give you a bit of context. Mitsuki opens a binder with images, various dresses already designed from a new line they were hoping to come out with soon. She even handed you a specific paper with a unique style Masaru had created at work today. 

When you glanced at it, you stared at awe at the design. He had sketched you out, adding details so small that seemed to tie it all together. 

"I'm guessing we found the one." Mitsuki muses, the two mothers looking over your shoulder down at the sketch. 

"Oh it's beautiful, Masaru really went all out with this one." 

Happiness warmed your heart. The fact that he went out of his way to design something so beautiful and unique hit different. Masaru was quiet but now you knew that he expressed himself through actions- like father like son really. 

"Yeah," you say softly, fingers tracing the outline of the dress and you can imagine yourself wearing this. Something about it just screams you. "This is the one." 

"Oh Katsuki is going to lose his mind," Inko exclaims as she sorts through your laundry that had been yet to be put away. Seriously, these two were pampering you. Even after you told her it was okay, she insisted. 

To the side, Mitsuki snorted in amusement, placing the design back in the binder before shooting her husband a quick text about you choosing his dress. "That brat is going to be speechless."

Speechless? 

Oh you couldn't wait to see that. 

...

Headcanon: The first time Kirishima invited her to join the boys in working out, Y/n had been a little nervous. But that soon melted away when she managed to outrun both Kaminari and Sero, squat more than all boys combined, and even managed to bench press more than Kaminari (the electric boy took a major L that day). Since then, they've made sure to include her on their gym plans, quickly labeling her as one of the 'gym bros.' 

Another one: Y/n isn't the mom of the class, far from it. She's the crazy oblivious but blunt best friend. Seriously, if someone needs an honest about something, they talk to Y/n and she's not half bad at giving pretty good advice. Apart from that, people just seem to be drawn to her. Need help on something? She's always willing to help. Gotta hide a body? Oh, she's down for that. But sometimes she's like Todoroki- oblivious to social cues, but somehow others just find it amusing and roll with it. 

Last one: Aizawa won't admit it, but he read parenting books before he dropped the news about adopting Y/n and Eri. Both Nemuri and Yamada caught him during one of his coffee breaks and teased him endlessly- they supported him 1000% though. 

For the gala- this is the dress that kind of inspired me to write the next scene. So when I'm describing Y/n's outfit, you can picture the OG one below. IDK something about it just seemed to FIT if that makes any sense. 

Oh and for Bakugo, the outfit he wears is inspired by Michael B. Jordan's 2019 Met Gala look.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 1.9K 21
As we all know, Katsuki Bakugou is known to have a hot temper, is cocky, and likes to destroy things. Y/N, a kind, quiet, and cheerful girl. They bot...
1.5M 45.2K 41
(Y/N) is a new student at UA high. She moved away with her dad a few years ago after her mom disappeared. While she lived here, her two friends Izuku...
222K 7.7K 143
_______________________________ "This is the story of how we became the greatest heroes." _________________________________ Nothing about Miyuki's pa...
1.1M 29.5K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...