The Coaches Daughter

By Its-leon

Sakai Hoshiko, Coach Ukai's daughter moves from Tokyo to school at Karasuno. She makes lifelong friends after... More

Background
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26

24

147 6 0
By Its-leon

"The fuck are you doing with my daughter, Tanaka?!" He yelled, pushing him away with one hand and pulling me closer with the other.

He put his hands together and bowed his head "I'm sorry sir I-"

"He was just walking me home. I had to stop by my friends house to give her book back and he walked me home because it was getting dark." I cut him off with a quick lie.

He stared at me for a second then looked back at Tanaka, "Whatever. I don't wanna know what was actually going on."

We both let out a sigh but my dad pulling me further back by my collar made me straighten up.

"I don't want to see you within 10 feet of my daughter anymore." He glared at Tanaka.

"Uh, yes coach." He bowed at a perfect 90 degree angle.

"Now go home." He said, pulling out his lighter.

"Yes coach." he said again, glancing at me again before taking off.

I pushed through the door in an effort to get away from my dad as quick as possible.

Just as I thought I was in the clear i heard his voice from just outside the door, "We'll talk when i get inside." Then, just barely, the sound of the lighter sparking as he lit his cigarette.

I ran up the stairs and into my room, dropping my bag onto the floor and jumping onto my bed. With my head buried in the pillows i let out a scream. Why am i still being treated like a child? I'm 16 i should be allowed to do what i want with whoever i want.

I heard the front door open and close. After i couple of seconds i heard my dads footsteps approaching my room.

"Hey," He started, "I think we should talk about whatever that was."

I pulled my head up and looked at him, "There's nothing to talk about, he was just walking me home."

"There is something to talk about. I know he wasn't just walking you home, don't act like i'm dense." He growled out but took a deep breath to correct his tone. "I've been young, i know how these thing go. I've never had a reason not to trust you but after seeing... that... i'm having a hard time believing what you're telling me."

I raised my eyebrows, "Okay so we went somewhere and spray painted something together, are you happier now?" I threw my arm out in exasperation.

He pursed his lips, biting them for a second then finally saying, "Alright. Don't tell anyone else you did that because it can get in you in a lot of trouble."

I nodded, looking away from him. The worried look he was giving me made me feel extremely guilty.

"Also no going anywhere alone with him anymore." He said sternly.

I nodded, not making eye contact.

"Alright, well get your homework done and get to bed..." he said and pat the doorframe twice before stepping out to the living room.

I buried my head back in the pillow and left it there for a couple minutes before finding the strength to get a shower.

After getting out I checked my phone and saw two texts from Tanaka.

I'm sorry

I shouldn't have done
anything.

Don't be, my dad is
overreacting.

Okay. He's not gonna
like... Check you phone
or anything, right?

No, he's not like that.

Okay, chill

I'll ttyl

Yeah

I let out a heavy sigh. Should I tell my dad what really happened between me and Tanaka? Will that only cause more problems? Does he already know? A tear fell from my eyes as I grew frustrated. Frustrated that my dad saw, frustrated that I didn't know what to do now.

From the other room I could hear my dad speaking on the phone. The walls are thin so I could make out some of what he was saying, just not the other persons voice. From what I heard he was talking to my mom. He calls her a couple times a week to give her updates on how I am, even though I call her too.

A shiver ran down my spine as I thought of my dad telling my mom about what happened between me and Tanaka. Even if he just tells her about the spray paint she might make me come back home.

I burst through door to see my dad standing in front of the TV with the phone to his ear.

"Is that mom?" I asked, pointing at the phone.

He raised an eyebrow and nodded, still listening to the string of advice she was probably giving him.

"Do you mind if I talk to her? It'll be quick." I asked, making my hand flat as I pleaded for the phone.

He turned slightly, the confused look remaining in his face, "Just use your phone, we're talking." He said, shielding his mouth from the phone.

"It's urgent, dad. It's about... my period." I lowered my voice as I said the last part.

His eyes widened and he nodded, "Hey, I'm gonna give the phone to Hoshiko real quick." He passed the phone to me and i take off quickly to the bathroom.

"Hi mom, how are you?" I asked as I close the bathroom door.

"Good, how are you?" I hear her voice through the speaker.

"I'm great." I sat down on the closed toilet. It's good she doesn't seem upset, "Sorry for taking you away from dad, I was just wanted to know if you could pick me up next weekend. It's been a while since I've been home."

She took a second to respond, "Of course. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah mom. Kenma and Tetsuro have been bothering me a lot too. Plus they have a home game next weekend."

"Alright, well I'll get everything ready for you. I'll pick you up from school on Friday." She said, sounding excited.

"Okay." I got up and opened the bathroom door, "I'll talk to you later." I hung up and handed the phone back and mouthed a thank you to my dad before heading back to my room.

It seems like my dad didn't say anything to her, and after ending the call I doubt he'll call back. My muscles finally relaxed as I sat down in my chair to do my homework.

I heard a knock on the door, breaking my concentration.

"Come in."

"Hey." My dad said, poking his head through the door, "I know I'm not a girl but you can still come to me for questions too... I understand that your mom probably knows more than me but... well, i'm here if you need me." He said, giving a nod at the end.

"Thanks dad, I appreciate it." I gave him a small smile.

He returned it, "Of course." He said, closing the door behind him.

The next day in class me and Tanaka did not talk like I thought we would. He actually didn't talk to me all day. It seems like he was honoring the "agreement" he made with my dad. If you could call it that.

I helped set up practice with the third years since I got to the gym so much earlier. When Tanaka got to the gym he looked at me and walked the other direction. I couldn't help but to be upset. It was like losing a friend.

"You good Sakai?" Sugawara asked me as he helped me unfurl the net.

I looked away from Tanaka and at him, "Yeah, my dad got pissed off at Tanaka and won't let him come near me."

"It's probably for the best, he's weird." He commented.

My mouth gaped open, "Suga. He's your teammate."

He laughed, "I'm kidding!" he exclaimed, looking over at Tanaka and Noya who were head butting each other, "Okay, I was being honest. But I mean, he's weird with girls. If I had a daughter I wouldn't let Tanaka near her either."

"I mean he was initially weird with me... but he's become one of my closest friends here." I said, letting my shoulders sink.

Sugawara watched and his fell too, "Listen, I'm sure your dad will come around."

I nodded, not wanting to say more in case I got too emotional. We continued putting up the net together, Suga filling the silence and trying to cheer me up.

"Alright, guys! I wanna see some hard work today!" My dad said as he entered the gym.

12/16/2021
unedited
Wc: 1426

A/n Sorry about the wait, I started college in the fall and life has just gone downhill💀💀💀
lmk what you think of the new chapter. I have some fun stuff planned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 54.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
670K 33.2K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
903K 41.4K 175
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one