๐…๐š๐ญ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐†๐š๐ฆ๐žโ”ƒ๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™™...

By _Mini_Padfoot_

Rubina Aurora Black will be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for her third year of educat... More

Author's Note
๐•ฎ๐–†๐–˜๐–™
Chapter 1: A Dream Come True
Chapter 2: An Encounter With A Stranger
Chapter 3: Uninvited
Chapter 4: A Whole New World
Chapter 5: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 6: The First Day Of Classes
Chapter 7: Sneaking Around After Dark
Chapter 8: Peace and Quiet
Chapter 9: A Connection
Chapter 10: Hogsmeade
Chapter 11: A New Friend
Chapter 12: Unexpected Turn Of Events
Chapter 13: Puddings And Pies
Chapter 15: The Worst
Chapter 16: Suspicions
Chapter 17: The Mysterious Gift
Chapter 18: The Confrontation On Christmas
Chapter 19: The Tragic Truth
Chapter 20: He's Just A Friend
Chapter 21: Promise
Chapter 22: Padfoot & Godfather
Chapter 23: The News
Chapter 24: Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw
Chapter 25: The Prisoner's Visit
Chapter 26: Date With Diggory
Chapter 27: Feelings For Him?
Chapter 28: The Marauder's Origin
Chapter 29: Padfoot's Tale
Chapter 30: Exams And What Not?
Chapter 31: Snivellus
Chapter 32: The True Colours Of The Rat
Chapter 33: The Full Moon's Play
Chapter 34: Farewell
Chapter 35: Aunt and Nephew
Chapter 36: Shocking Reveal
Chapter 37: A Different Birthday
Chapter 38: Late Night Secrets
Chapter 39: Mayhem at the Quidditch Cup
Chapter 40: Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 41: The Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 42: Mad-Eye Moody and the Blond Ferret
Chapter 43: A Message from Dadfoot
Chapter 44: The Goblet of Fire
Chapter 45: The Fourth Champion
Chapter 46: The Love of his Life
Chapter 47: Harry Potter Ends Up In Trouble... Again
Chapter 48: Discussing Feelings
Chapter 49: Books and Dadfoot
Chapter 50: The First Task
Chapter 51: Waiting For Him
Chapter 52: The Yule Ball
Chapter 53: Everything is just Perfect
Chapter 54: His Girl

Chapter 14: First Quidditch Match

249 14 11
By _Mini_Padfoot_

Another practice was scheduled before the match. The Gryffindor team were confident in saying we would crush Slytherin, but Oliver was the bearer of unwelcome news.

"We're not playing Slytherin!" He told us, looking very angry. "Flint's just been to see me, we're playing Hufflepuff instead!" Oliver told us, looking agitated.

"Why?" chorused the rest of the team.

"Flint's excuse is that their Seeker's arm is still injured." said Wood, grinding his teeth furiously.

"Hey, we had an injured player, in worse conditions in the Hospital Wing, they can't give a lame excuse like that! Why can't they find a replacement? We did, and she's excellent!" Angelina exclaimed, while waving her fists in the air.

"It's obvious, isn't it? They think this weather will damage their chances." Wood gestured around, indicating the strong winds and heavy rains.

"There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm!" said Harry furiously. "He's faking it!"

"Yeah that git's being a drama queen!" I chimed in.

"I know that, but we can't prove it." said Wood bitterly. "And we've been practising all those moves assuming we're playing Slytherin, and instead it's Hufflepuff, and their style's different. They've got a new captain and seeker, Cedric Diggory." Angelina and Alicia suddenly giggled. "What?" said Wood, frowning at this light-hearted behaviour.

"He's that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" said Angelina.

"Strong and silent." added Alicia, and they started giggling again.

I rolled my eyes. I could sense someone's gaze on me, I whipped around to face Fred, who had a strange expression on his face before he said,

"He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together. I don't know why you're so worried Oliver, Hufflepuff are a pushover. Last time we played them, Harry caught the snitch in about five minutes, remember?"

"We were playing in completely different conditions." shouted Wood. "Diggory's put on a very strong side! He's an excellent seeker! I was afraid you'd take it like this! We mustn't relax! We must keep our focus! Slythern are trying to wrong-foot us! We must win!"

"Oliver, calm down!" Fred and I said at the same time, slightly alarmed by his sudden outburst.

After reassuring Wood repeatedly, that we won't lose focus and will secure victory, I went to take a shower in the changing room. I was on my way back, being the last one to head back after telling the twins to go on without me, that I was met with a pleasant surprise.

Padfoot came cheerfully bounding up to me.

"Well, hello Padfoot, long time no see." He barked in return. I bent down, scratching him behind the ear. "I'm really sorry, I don't have any food with me or any time, I have to be back at the castle before curfew. I don't want to get caught especially with this whole Sirius Black situation." Padfoot whined. "Don't worry, I'll see you soon!" I skipped joyfully back to the castle, despite my tiredness.

***

I was sitting at my desk with Hermione by my side, patiently awaiting Professor Lupin. What baffled everyone was that instead of Professor Lupin, Professor Snape strode into the classroom, with the bewildered eyes of the students trailing him.

"Where's Professor Lupin?" asked Dean Thomas

"He says he is feeling too ill to teach today." answered Snape.

"What's wrong with him?" said Parvati Patil.

"Nothing life-threatening." sneered Snape, looking as though he wished it was.

Ten minutes later, Harry burst into the class, bearing the same surprise on his face, we all had earlier, and asking the same questions.

"As I was saying before Potter interrupted. Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far-" Hermone cut him off.

"Please, sir, we've done Boggarts, Red Caps, Kappas and Grindylow, and we're just about to start-"

"Be quiet. I did not ask for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organisation."

At those words, I'm not sure what propelled me to but I said, "He's the best Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher we've had." I had been told of the previous two, who were total nut jobs. There was a murmur of agreement from the rest of the class.

"You are easily satisfied. Lupin is hardly over-taxing you - I would expect first years to be able to deal with Red Caps and Grindylows." said Snape, menacingly. "Today we shall discuss, werewolves."

Hermione, not being able to resist said, "But sir, we're not doing Werewolves, we're going to start-"

"Miss.Granger, I was under the impression that I was taking this lesson, not you. And I am telling you to turn to page three hundred and ninety-four." He paused. "Now. Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?"

Everyone sat motionless, except for Hermione, whose hand had shot up into the air instantly, like always.

"Anyone?" said Snape, ignoring Hermione.

"Are you telling me Professor Lupin hasn't even taught you the basic distinction between- '' I cut him off. My hair turned red as my blood boiled hearing him insult Professor Lupin. Why? I'm not sure. I stood up angrily.

"We told you, we haven't got as far as werewolves yet, we're still on -"

"Silence! Sit down Miss.Black before I deduct points from Gryffindor.'' sneered Snape. I glared at him, viciously, and sat back down, fuming.

"I never thought I'd meet a third-year class who wouldn't even recognise a werewolf when they saw one. I shall make a point of informing Professor Dumbledore how very behind you are."

"Please, sir, the werewolf differs from the true wolf in several ways. The snout of the werewolf-"

"That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss.Granger. Five more points from Gryffindor for being an insufferable know-it-all." said Snape coolly.

Hermione went red, put her hand down and stared at the floor, her eyes full of tears. I glared at the grease ball, before reaching for Hermione's hand, squeezing it reassuringly. Hermione looked up after wiping her tears, I nodded at her and she smiled gently.

"You asked us a question and she knows the answer! Why ask if you don't want to be told?" Ron had gone too far.

Snape said venomously. "Detention, Weasley. And if I ever hear you criticise the way I teach a class, you will be sorry indeed."

No one dared to utter another word. The rest of the lesson passed by with Snape criticizing Lupin, while teaching us about Werewolves. In the end, he told us to write two rolls of parchment on the subject of Werewolves, which was due for Monday. The class groaned, and cursed him quietly.

I left the class as quickly as I could, not being able to stand in the same room as Snape after what he did.

What surprised me was how I was defending Lupin, like we were closely related. I barely talk in class, let alone argue with a teacher. I headed back to Gryffindor tower, with the hope of Professor Lupin returning for our next lesson.

***

Much to my dismay, my sleep was disturbed, and I had no choice but to get up, seeing as I couldn't sleep again. I was nervous, seeing as today was the day of my first ever Quidditch match. After getting dressed, I grabbed my Nimbus Two Thousand and One and I came down into the common room, only to find Harry by the fireplace.

"Hey Harry. How come you're up early?" I asked as I sat on the armchair.

"Peeves woke me up by blowing into my ear, then I couldn't sleep again. You?"

"Same, couldn't sleep again since I'm nervous as this is my first match." I said as I gazed into the fire crackling in the fireplace.

"Don't worry, you'll do great. You're excellent, considering the fact that you've only had a few days of practice." complimented Harry.

"Thanks Harry." I said with gratitude.

"Hey, so I've seen your hair is a different color at times. Do you dye it or something?"

"No. I'm born as a Metamorphmagus, so I can change my appearance. My hair can change according to my will, or my emotions. Each hair color represents a different emotion. My original hair is black with waves." I explained. Harry's mouth was slightly open, his eyes widened.

"That's such a cool ability to have. Can you change yourself to look like someone else?" he asked with excitement in his eyes.

"I'm not sure. I've never tried it and never heard of it, but there's a possibility." I said mostly to myself.

"Anyways, reckon we should head down?"

"Hmm..." I glanced at my pocket watch. "Still a bit early, let's wait for another fifteen minutes."

Afterwards, we discussed the topic of the upcoming match and how the Slytherins are doing their utmost to have Gryffindor lose. Soon time came, and we went into the Great Hall.

We both were, fiddling around with our food, only having consumed a little. We'd grabbed some toast, when the rest of the team poured in.

"Good morning love. You're up early? Nervous?"

"Morning Freddie. I woke up and couldn't sleep because I was nervous."

"You'll be fine Rubina. Don't stress." Before I could respond, Wood began his rant.

"It's going to be a tough one. What if we lose? We don't really know what Hufflepuff has in store for us!" said Wood, who wasn't eating himself, but insisted the others have food.

"Stop worrying Oliver," said Alicia soothingly. "We don't mind a bit of rain."

It was considerably more than a bit of rain. Such was the popularity of Quidditch, that even the poor weather didn't stop the entire school from coming to spectate, but they ran down the lawns towards the pitch.

The team changed into their scarlet robes. I admired mine, which had a large number four, with "Black" written on the top, making me feel proud.

Wood didn't give his pre-match pep talk, because he simply couldn't get the words out, as he opened his mouth to speak only to make an odd gulping noise instead. He shook his head hopelessly and beckoned us to follow him. The winds were so strong, that we staggered sideways as we entered the pitch.

Oh dear, this already seems like a bad start.

I could slightly make out Lee's commentary, but the wind roared drowning out his voice completely.

Captains Wood and Diggory shook hands. I saw Madam Hooch mouth the words, "Mount your words." I swung my right leg over my Nimbus Two Thousand and One, ready for take off. Madam Hooch blew her whistle, which sounded shrill and distant, and we took off.

I'd snatched the Quaffle before anyone else could even react, and shot straight for the Hufflepuff hoops. My path was clear of obstacles, I faked left before chucking the Quaffle into the right hoop. The Hufflepuff Keeper dived, but missed the Quaffle by a few inches.

I yelped out in joy and punched the air. I had made my first ever shot in Quidditch. A huge grin was plastered onto my face, that I couldn't seem to wipe off.

The Hufflepuff Keeper passed the Quaffle to his teammate. I tried tagging along, but with each passing minute, the wind and rain were gaining strength, making it harder to fly, and I had to grip my broom tighter. I could barely make out Harry, who almost crashed into a Bludger.

Directing my focus back to the game, I saw Angelina pull up beside me. She threw the Quaffle in my direction. Startled, I caught it before giving it to Alicia, due to the fact I wasn't able to fly straight, and feared being thrown off any second.

With the first flash of lightning came the sound of Madam Hooch's whistle; Wood called for a time out seeing Harry wasn't getting anywhere near to catching the Snitch. We all huddled at the edge of the pitch, under a large umbrella. Harry took off his glasses and wiped them hurriedly on his robes.

"What's the score?" he asked.

"We're fifty points up," said Wood. "but unless we get the Snitch soon, we'll be playing into the night."

"I've got no chance with these on!" Harry said exasperatedly, waving his glasses." As if on cue, Hermione appeared, holding onto her cloak tightly, while beaming.

"I've got an idea, Harry! Give me your glasses, quick!" He handed them over as the team watched in amazement. Tapping her wand on the glasses, Hermione said, "Impervius!"

"There! They'll repel water!" Wood looked as though he could have kissed her, I chuckled lightly.

"Brilliant!" He called after her. "OK, team, let's go for it!" I kicked off from the ground once again, trying to regain more control of my broom. New determination had filled me.

Gaining possession of the Quaffle from Alicia, I scored once more. I cheered quickly before I glimpsed Harry, who was experiencing better luck now, thanks to Hermione.

Thunder roared loudly, something distracted Harry, following his gaze my eyes landed on Padfoot. I tilted my head in thought.

Huh, even Padfoot likes Quidditch.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I directed my focus back to the game, stealing the Quaffle from the Hufflepuff Chaser, and passing it along to Angelina, who was wide open and ready to take the shot. I looked for Padfoot, only to notice that he'd vanished.

Huh, that's a bit odd.

I could faintly make out the words Oliver Wood was shouting out.

"Harry! Harry, behind you!" I felt a pang of distress as Cedric had advanced towards the Snitch, luckily Harry was right on his tail.

Out of nowhere, an eerie silence fell upon the pitch. The wind, though strong as ever, was forgetting to roar. My stomach twisted in fear, as my face paled along with my white hair that almost seemed to blend in with the raining clouds.

Hundreds of Dementors had entered and were roaming the skies of Quidditch pitch.

The familiar cold swept over, making my body go numb. I intended to reach the ground, but I was frozen on the spot with fear. My head was spinning madly, faster by the second. The Dementors were closing in, and amidst all this, something different happened this time.

Voices.

"This isn't you. You can't kill us!"

A cold, horrible bark of laughter followed.

"You think I loved you and that child?"

The dizziness overpowered me, and I pelted straight towards the solid ground.

The man spoke. "The Dark Lord has ordered me to kill the child, now move aside before I kill you too."

"No!" The woman shrieked. "I won't let you!"

The world faded to my ears, as my vision went dark.

Hey!

This chapter is long since it's almost the length of the chapter from HP3 called "Grim Defeat." Hopefully it wasn't too long, and I hope it was still enjoyable, even if it's not much different from the original chapter, apart from the voices Rubi hears. What are your guesses on those?

Let me know of what you think of this story so far, and if there any ideas you might like to see in the upcoming plot!

Have a good day! :)

Mini-Padfoot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

588K 16.9K 30
Diana Bridgerton was Daphne's twin sister. The two were absolutely identical (though not in looks) and supported each other in everything. But what...
309K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
779K 29.5K 41
Everyone knew that Draco Lucius Malfoy was an evil prick who was raised to serve the dark lord. What people didn't know, is that inside, Draco was ca...
82.1K 2.1K 28
When Ashton Yang, Femi's childhood bully who would always mock and tease her for being a crybaby is laying next to her door with injuries she makes t...