Shape Unsheltered

By Shevongarraway

READ! READ! SHAPE UNSPOKEN TO BETTER UNDERSTAND SHAPE UNSHELTERED. "CAN ALSO BE A STAND-ALONE BOOK" (#3 OF TH... More

Authors note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER -1-
CHAPTER -2-
CHAPTER -3-
CHAPTER - 4 -
CHAPTER -5-
CHAPTER -6-
CHAPTER-7-
CHAPTER -8-
CHAPTER -9-
CHAPTER -10-
CHAPTER -11-
CHAPTER -12-
CHAPTER -13-
CHAPTER-14-
CHAPTER -15-
CHAPTER -17-
CHAPTER -18-
CHAPTER -19-
CHAPTER -20-
CHAPTER -21-
CHAPTER -22-
CHAPTER -23-
CHAPTER -24-
CHAPTER -25-
CHAPTER -26-
CHAPTER -27-
CHAPTER -28-
CHAPTER -29-
CHAPTER -30-
CHAPTER -31-
CHAPTERS -32-
CHAPTER -33-
CHAPTER -34-
CHAPTER -35-
CHAPTER -36-
CHAPTER -37-
CHAPTER -38-
CHAPTER -39-
CHAPTER -40-
CHAPTER -41-
CHAPTER -42-
CHAPTER -43-
CHAPTER -44-
Chapter -45-
CHAPTER -46-
CHAPTER -47-
CHAPTER -48-
CHAPTER -49-
CHAPTER -50-
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER -16-

93 15 4
By Shevongarraway

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

I'm am so tired I overslept. Steph must think I didn't make my way to him. I should have messaged him when I get in and he would have known I arrived. I quickly dig into my purse for my phone and check the time. How did I sleep so late the time is now 1:30 pm. I must be more tired than I anticipated.

I quickly dialed his number ignoring the other messages I had. "Mom," he answers with a sad tone in his voice. It breaks my heart he would think I wouldn't be here when I didn't miss any of my visits for him.

"Why so gloomy baby."

"You promise to be here."

"Who said I'm not here and you know I don't miss my dates with you."

"Really mom you came, you're in New York."

"Yes Steph, I'm at grandma and grandpa's my flight landed so late I didn't want to wake you."

"So what you did all morning you couldn't call."

Baby I overslept, I must be more tired than I thought. I just wake a moment ago and you're the first person I thought to call.

"So you're really here," his voice did a complete 180 as he shouts into the phone.

"Yes I am really here and I have a little surprise but I need to run it by your dad first. Is he around."

"Yes, he is home."

"Can I talk to him."

"Sure mom" he pauses for a few seconds, then Sean voice reaches my ears.

"Hello, Cindy."

"Hi, Sean good afternoon how are you and your family?"

"All is well here."

"Can I ask a favour."

"Name it"

"I met Brian this morning at the airport, he told me of the gala tonight. I was wondering if I can take Steph as my date. He can see how these social functions works and I promise not to keep him out late."

"Sounds good and sure you can."

"I will come over to get him at 3 pm to get his suit. And can he pack an overnight bag so he can spend the next day with my parents?"

"No need he has plenty of suits he can use. It's your weekend just tell him what he has to do."

"Sorry but I want us to dress alike in mother and son outfits. I will take him shopping is that a problem."

"No problem at all. It's your time with him."

"Thank you Sean and please say hello to Anna for me."

"Sure will."

"Can I talk with Steph?"

"Mom" steph voice booms in my ears and I can feel his excitement."

"Steph I'm taking you to the charity gala for our date is that alright with you."

"Uncle Brian's charity gala? mom with the celebrities and stars I would love to escort you."

"Good well, I'm picking you up at 3 be ready to go shopping and get a haircut to look extra fresh."

"Bye, mom I'm going to take a shower and get ready now."

"Steph pack an overnight bag we're staying at grandma's house this weekend."

"Ok bye mom" he rushes me off the phone.

I cut the call and walk out of my room to the kitchen where there was a heavenly smell of homemade sweet potato pie and the aroma of different dishes in the air. My stomach rumbles as I approach the kitchen getting closer to the food.

When I enter the kitchen my mom is taking a casserole dish out of the oven and my stomach holler at it for captivating my senses.

"Mom," I smile embracing her in a tight hug. "Where's dad."

"He's in the garden picking baby squash to grill."

"Why so much food you having company."

"No silly my daughter is home." I must admit it is incredible to come home to mom's cooking no matter how old you get.

"Mom you don't have to, I'm going to Brian charity gala tonight. It's a last-minute thing and I'm taking Steph as my date."

"It's no worries, honey, tomorrow I plan a sit-down dinner I'm only getting a head start."

"Mom you know I can help and I would've love to cook with you."

"It's no problem Cindy this is my getaway. I haven't cook like this in a while and it's my pleasure to do it for my child and grandson."

Her eyes light up and I know she misses us and I miss all my time with both my parents. A phone call twice a week isn't enough and I need to include them in my weeks with Steph. I need to do better by them.

My dad retired from the bank two years ago. As soon as he went on his pre-retirement leave he began planting a garden in the backyard the last time we spoke he told me he had six different types of vegetables ready to be harvested and he donates most of them to the homeless shelter in our area, so people can have hot meals whenever they pass by.

I have an incredible dad and I can't wait to spend tomorrow with him and mom both. I quickly eat the plate mom place in front of me and hurry back upstairs to take a shower and get ready to get Steph.

An hour later I'm standing in front of Sean's home with Sean waiting on Steph to come out to me. Anna wasn't home with the girls and I didn't want to overstep so I stayed outside. Even though we have created this great co-parenting system that works great for us I didn't want her thinking the history Sean and I share threaten their marriage. I lapse in judgement and break the rules years ago. We have effective communication now and I want to keep it that way.

"So you're going to the gala."

"Brian informed me of it this morning and it's a great cause and so many are affected that it goes beyond the patience. Their families feel the brunt of losing a loved one and watching them suffer the way they do is heartbreaking. Everyone should play their part in making a cure possible."

"I didn't know you had such an interest."

I didn't but kindle has an open day twice a year for kids. One of those visits caters to the AE treatment foundation, my heart broke for those mother's who have to watch their babies suffer from this disease. It's just heartbreaking to watch.

"It is and I must say you've grown so much Cindy."

"Thank you, Sean. I wish there was more I could have done you know. So many things we take for granted until we're in a position where there is no more." He looks at me as though he's seeing me in a new light. At that moment Steph walks out the front door running up to us. I open my arms wide as I hug my son. "Baby mummy misses you so much and I can't wait to spend the rest of the day with you." I smile widely at him holding him close. "See you around Sean," I place Steph in the car first then enter with his bag as the taxi driver pulls off to the Martinez boutique.

As soon as we walk into the boutique my eyes land on a royal blue and gold blazer with blue brakes. Royal blue pants with a white shirt and blue bow tie. It caught my eyes immediately and I signal the store clerk.

"Steph what do you think about this" I point to the suit. "Wow, mom it will make me look important his eyes light up."

"Boy you are always important don't need a suit for that."

"Good afternoon I'm Rayna how can I help you, ma'am?" The store clerk greets us.

"Do you have that" I point to the suit "in his size? He's a size fourteen and I want it to go. "

"Ok let me check for you ma'am would that be all ma'am."

"What do you have to match the blazer of the suit for me?"

"Ma'am, you're in luck we just brought in a collection and it will match perfectly with.... want I'm not sure of.... let me check first ma'am." She scurries off and Steph and I continue to look around to look for a substitute just in case for us.

No sooner she returns "ma'am you're in luck we have a size 14 and I have the dresses racked here you can see and make your choice."

"Thank you, Rayna." She struts off and I begin to check the dresses on the rack but none to my liking. "What do you think about this Steph?" I asked pulling out a blue dress with a belt around the waist. "Mom your not old" he scrunches up his nose at me.

I chuckle "I would know I made you."

"I like the blue and gold blazer for you though and I want us matching on the red carpet."

"Look mom" he points to a black shimmering low cut to the clevis, spaghetti strap floor len dress with a slit up the mid-thigh.

"Nice, good eyes baby." I high five him. I call over Rayna immediately to get the dress. She ushers me into the changing room going off to get the dress.

No sooner she returned with the dress and I shimmer into it hugs me perfectly as Rayna zip me into it. "I love it but I wanted to match with my son."

"Ma'am, you're in luck today there is a black and silver blazer that would go perfect with this dress and it's a size 14 as well, last in its collection but it's on the expensive side."

"I would like to try it on my son." She unzips me and I change getting back into my clothes. I work my ass off and to be able to afford this for me and my son is a blessing in its self. It's the whole reason I fought for my independence I didn't have to depend on anyone to do this type of stuff for me.

I walk out of the dressing room with the dress in my hand waiting on Rayna to return with the blazer. No sooner did she walk up to me holding it out my jaw drop when I take in the blazer. It's a dark silver entwine in a floral pattern on black. It's very beautiful and my son will definitely look like a star. "Let's try it on." Steph had his mouth hanging low and speechless when he sees it. He quickly walks off with Rayna to the dressing room to try it on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 1.1K 56
*Complete but still subject to edits* Ben Cougar and Eileen Grau have been best friends since they were kids. For the young cougar-shifter, it was...
1.6M 29.4K 24
[Completed] Taylor Daniels. Average name, average face, average girl. What about her life? Well, that's a bit complicated. Finding out her werewolf...
15K 682 53
All his life Cole never knew his father only that he was human, so what happens when he goes to find his father along with his mate Skylar with lots...
234K 14.1K 65
Tommy Sallow is onto better and brighter things. After working a small hometown beat in upstate New York, he's finally in sunny California. As expect...