Changed

By SapphireRosekook

She wasn't always like that, but you know, people change. So did she... An 18 year old, named Rose, is a cold... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 14

11.3K 257 66
By SapphireRosekook

Rose's P.O.V

We were holding hands, our fingers intertwined while walking peacefully but then he decided to break it, which I didn't mind, even though I'd mostly prefer being quite, but he was an exception.

"So, how's life with the boys?" He asked.

"Boring. How about you? Are your parents here?" I replied.

"Yup, they came back a month ago and are really missing you. The twins, too are missing you so much. I mean, they keep ranting about you all day long and always ask me when you're coming back." He told me.

"I miss them, too. The last time I saw them was on my 15th birthday, but what about you?" I said.

"I told you, I missed you the most. I couldn't pay attention to anything when you came into my mind. Mother always said Elijah was going crazy, which is true, I guess." He chuckled at the last part and I tried to control myself from smiling.

"So, where should we go first?" I asked.

"Anywhere you like, love." He replied.

"Let's go see your family first." I said and he agreed. After that, it was all silent again. I didn't say a word and neither did he. It would've been awkward if it were for someone else, but for me and him, it was peaceful. We usually stayed like this, silent while our actions spoke everything. We both loved this silence whenever together.

We soon reached the big mansion. It was still the same. I have had a lot of memories here. All of them being my only good ones, since I never got any happiness in that mansion. All I got there was pain and tears.

As soon as we went inside, I heard screams. Yep, it's the twins, Elijah's brothers, named Emir and Elliot. They are of the same age as me, just two months older.

"Who is th-" Emir was about to say while coming downstairs but started screaming as soon as he saw me. Elliot soon came out running and just as he saw me, he tripped down the stairs, hitting his head on the floor.

"Aghhh!" He groaned in frustration and Emir laughed.

"You're back! Finally!" Emir screamed and came running towards me.

We both hugged each other and soon Elliot joined the hug.

"How are youuu?" Elliot screamed with pure happiness.

"Fine, you?" I replied.

"What kind of answer is that? Anyways, we both are fine. We missed you sooo much!" He said, scrunching his nose and Emir agreed.

"Oh my dear Rose!" Elijah's mother, Mrs. Emily soon came out of the kitchen and hugged me. I heard some more footsteps approaching and looked toward the source to see El's father, Mr. Eric, who had a gentle smile on his face.

"Our little Rose is a grown up girl now." He said sweetly, placing his hand on my head and kissing my forehead. He always treated me like his own daughter, and I could call him my father. All of them cared about me ever since I was a child. Never have I ever missed my own family when I was with them. I could proudly call them my real family.

"You haven't changed at all, my dear. Still the same beautiful Rose." Mrs. Emily said as she kissed my forehead, too.

"You could've told us that she was coming, El. We could've atleast given her a grand welcome." Mr. Eric told him, slight offence and sadness in his voice.

"I thought it would be better to surprise you all." He replied.

"Well guess what? This is the best surprise ever!" Emir said and they all agreed.

"Let's go and have dinner. You must be hungry." Mrs. Emily told me and we all went to the dining hall.

____

"And then he grabbed his foot and kept whining like a child." Emir said and they burst into laughter, except Elliot about whom he was talking about.

"This is not funny, OK? I was scared." He said and I couldn't help but smile slightly.

How I missed their funny talks.

We didn't sleep the whole night and just kept doing random stuff, like playing board games, eating junk food, watching horror movies and much more.

____

The next day

"I don't want to go to college." Emir said in a sleepy voice and we all agreed.

"But we have to. We're joining your college from now on, by the way." Elijah told me.

"Alright." I took a sip of my coffee and grabbed a cookie.

"Yo, I want to sleep." Elliot whined while resting his head on the dining table in annoyance.

A while later, their parents came into the dining hall and we started eating breakfast.

____

After eating, I went to Elijah's room, as he told me to wear some of his clothes.

I took a shower first, and then quickly grabbed some random clothes and changed into them.

After getting all ready, I left the room and went downstairs where the others were waiting for me, all ready.

"Let's go." Emir said and we left.

We went in Elijah's car. He sat in the driver's seat and I, beside him while the twins sat in the back.

____

After a 15 minutes drive full of talks and laughter, we pulled up to the parking lot of the college and got out the car.

We were about to walk towards the entrance when two familiar voices called me from behind.

I turned around to see the two idiots.

"Heya! Umm, who are they?" Theo said as they approached me, pointing towards the twins and El.

"I guess we should be asking that to you? Who are you?" Elliot replied, narrowing his eyes at both of them.

"We're her only friends." He said and Emir was silently snickering behind me.

"Only friends?" Elliot asked.

"Yes. Now who are you?" Tyler replied.

"Well, we, too are her only friends." Emir replied and they looked confused.

"They'll deal with this, let's go." El whispered to me and grabbed my hand as we started walking away from them, in the other direction.

"Are they really your friends?" He asked me.

"Kind of." I replied and we went inside.

____

The whole day at College was exhausting due to the amount of lectures we had to take and after dismissal, we left the building and got in the car.

"Are you coming with us or should we drop you at the mansion? I suggest coming with us." Emir asked.

"No, drop me at the mansion. I still have to deal with them." I replied.

Ten minutes later, we pulled up to the mansion and I got out of the car.

"See you tomorrow." I said as the twins waved me a bye.

"Bye. Take care." Elijah said and I nodded before turning around and walking away.

I entered the mansion and firstly saw Dylan there. His face cladded with concern before he saw me.

"Oh, thank God you're okay. How are you?" He said as he approached me with a sigh.

"Fine." Just as I said this, the others came out of nowhere and began their interrogation.

"Where were you, Rose?" Damien asked in his demanding voice, his hands in his pockets as he seemed weirdly calm.

"I guess I already said it last night." I tried to walk away but he grabbed my arm. My mood was good until I saw their faces.

"Business meetings don't last the whole night. Who were you with?" He asked, making me lose my cool. He really dared to point a finger on my character.

I harshly put my left foot on his left one, pressing it as hard as I could. He hissed in pain and let go of my arm.

"Please tell us, where you were last night? Please, Rose." Dylan said, almost begging.

"At a friend's house." I replied.

"But you said you don't have friends." He said confused yet sounding like he didn't trust me, which none of them did, anyways.

"You really trusted me? A liar?" I asked in a taunting manner and went upstairs shortly after.

Dylan's P.O.V

"She really doesn't trust us a bit, does she?" Ryan asked.

I felt bad. I still can't believe she's the same Rose she used to be all those years ago.

There was this one time when she would cry on small things and would shiver by just being yelled at, but now, she just beats or stabs anyone brutally and ruthlessly who even says anything bad to her or about her.

But then again, who is the cause of this? Who is the cause of her changing? Who made her change from a soft, shy, and timid girl to a cold, sarcastic, brutal and ruthless fighter? Who made her eyes, which were once filled with pure love towards everyone, change into eyes filled with hatred?

It's us. We broke her trust, and her heart. We shattered all her hopes and made her believe that she was unwanted, and there was nothing in this world for her. We made her believe that she was unworthy of any love. We are the reason she changed.

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 2.4K 66
⚠WARNING: VERY CRINGE AND MESSY, MAJOR PLOTHOLES, I STARTED IT LIKE TWO YEARS AGO. ⚠ . Rose Woods has been with her foster father Jordan Lukes ever s...
3.6K 111 18
Aurelia grew up without much love from her mother, and she never thought her real dad would ever come into her life. But then, he did. Now, she wonde...
16.3K 536 40
Nova was only 2 years old when she was kidnapped from her family. She has 5 older brothers and her biological parents are dead. What happens when her...
96.5K 1.5K 10
Idalia has been abused ever since she was 3 years old. When she thought things couldn't get any worse and nothing was going to change, she ran. She r...