π‚πˆπ‚π€π“π‘πˆπ™π„ οΌƒ YOUR THR...

By vollerie

𓂃 δΈ­ THERE WAS NO game that i wasn't set out to win . 𓂃 β΄° ࣭͘ οΉ«vollerie ! all rights reserved . β­‘Β« [... More

FOREWORD 𓍯
CHAPTER 01: HER
CHAPTER 02: ROSE
CHAPTER 03: ALONE
CHAPTER 4: COMPETITION
CHAPTER 05: ROCIELLE
CHAPTER 06: TO THE STARS
CHAPTER 07 : WARMTH
CHAPTER 08: ROYAL BALL
CHAPTER 10: FEELINGS
CHAPTER 11: CHANCES
CHAPTER 12: WAR
CHAPTER 13: WAR [II]
CHAPTER 14: PERSPECTIVE
CHAPTER 15: END.
( 00 ) CLAIR DE LUNE .
CHAPTER 16: SALON
CHAPTER 17: NEGOTIATIONS
CHAPTER 18: APOLOGIES
CHAPTER 19: THORNS
CHAPTER 20: DECEIT
CHAPTER 21: SOVEREIGN
CHAPTER 22: CORONATION
( 00 ) A/N +SIDE STORIES 𓍯
{ MIDSUMMER PROMISES }
{ LA NIEVE }

CHAPTER 09: RECKLESS

489 43 9
By vollerie

[TW: VERBAL ABUSE (?)
SKIP DEKIS' POV IF UNCOMFORTABLE
WITH SUCH TOPIC.]

I VISIBLY HALTED , my hand stopped from placing the berry in my mouth. "Is it confirmed?"

I questioned firstly, placing the berry back on the pristine platter. Eva nodded in affirmation. "Certainly, Your Highness. Lady Rocielle had said it herself,"

A bitter smile made it's way to my lips, eating the berry that was supposed to be sweet. Yet felt indifferent to me, "How does that concern me?"

Eva took a brief glance at me and examined my features, she felt like there was a need to tell me. Eva noticed the blooming feelings I had for the son of the Duke,

"If it perhaps upset you, Please accept my apologies Your Highness. I didn't mean to hurt her Highness with such news," Eva bowed her head, openly expressing her sincerity. "Lift your head, Eva. I do not mind, although that seemed to make my mood sour a bit."

"My apologies, Your Highness." Eva apologized, as I shook my head. I leaned against my cushioned-chair, diverting my gaze elsewhere.

I had only snapped out of my trance when I saw figures approaching us, I lifted my head to fix my posture.

The Crown Prince of the kingdom of Azareah were approaching us, it sparked my curiosity as to why. I noticed he was with someone to whom I assumed was a assistant of his,

"I greet Her Highness, the lovely star of the Vasilios empire." Octavius quipped, with a charming smile. His assistant visibly cringed behind him, nonetheless trying to mask it. "Your Highness, what brings you here?"

"I had came here to gain permission to use the training grounds." Octavius spoke, as he gave me a eye-closed smile. "Granted, Your Highness. Such minor matters doesn't need permission, and you are a esteemed guest."

"Who am I to decline?" I smiled, the atmosphere around me seemingly lightening up. "I thought you'd deny it but it doesn't seem like that—"

"If I may ask a question, Your Highness." Octavius started, I gestured for him to continue. "Pray tell, Does Her Highness do archery?"

I surveyed him for a moment, noticing the mischievous glint in his persian-blue orbs. 'How did he come to such a conclusion?'

The training grounds here are much smaller compared to the Main-palace, and lacks equipment for Knights to use.  The knights rarely train here too unless someone is fixing the training grounds; So I can't use that reason,

Although I don't nessecarily show my skills, but I don't deny that I do archery. My gaze darted towards Octavius, and gave him a nod.

Octavius's eyes gleamed in delight, as if looking excited. "Can Her Highness show her skills to us?" He asked, trying to mask the excitement within his tone.

"Ah, should I?" I muttered to myself lowly, Eva turning to take a glimpse at me. "If that's what you wish, then alright." I smiled, as I led them to the training grounds.

-

DEKIS ENTERED THE DUKE'S OFFICE, he had called him there today. Dekis started to ponder on the way, as he bumped into his younger sister. "Medi.."

Medea raised her head, arching a brow at her older brother. "You were called in by father right? You should go already, and don't waste your time." She coldly quipped, walking past Dekis.

The male can only furrow his eyebrows, lately he felt like everyone was questioning him with their cynical gazes. Dekis let out a bothered sigh, before nearing his so-called father's office.

"Dekis, you're finally here." The duke greeted, with a frustrated smile. That alone alarmed the junior-duke, Dekis felt his hands trembling a little. "Sit."

The duke gestured to the seat in-front of him. Dekis obliged and did as he said, he felt his father's piercing gaze surveying him. "Do you notice the recent-rumors circulating around you right now?"

Duke Solon coldly stated, as he grabbed a newspaper at the side of his desk. Dekis read the few sentences, and a stolen picture of him and Rocielle at the balcony last night. He felt his eyes widen in shock, as the duke anticipated his reaction.

"And, you confirmed it with her." Duke Solon added, clenching his fists. The fury in his dark orbs was evident, "Why must you ruin my plans!?"

"That girl isn't even on our level, yet you make such impulsive decisions! Moreover, you're basically saying that you don't want the princess anymore!" Duke Solon slammed his fist on the table. "Do you know how this will make our image in-front of the Imperial Family worsen?"

"The princess was elegant and poise, she has everything you want in a woman. Why must you stoop down so low? What am I going to do with a good-for-nothing like you?!" Duke Solon yelled, as he threw the newspaper at his own son.

"Heavens, even your sister maintained her relationship with the Crown Prince perfectly even though she spends her time frequently with the marquess!" He compared, as Dekis felt his heart clench a bit.

"Your relationship with the princess at her birthday-banquet was so lovely, and you dare destroy it?" Duke Solon quipped solemnly, as Dekis' head hung low in shame. "Go."

"I'm so ashamed, now I have to clean up your own mess." Duke Solon muttered to himself lowly, as Dekis complied and went out. He let out a shaky breathe, before going back into his bed-chambers.

Medea and Helio who were at a lounging room playing chess near Dekis's bed-chambers, saw him went inside. Medea arched a brow, as Helio immediately noticed her.
"Heli,"

"Do you think it's true he really is together with Rocielle?" Medea whispered, Helio turned and hummed lowly. "I heard he visited the Kingston estate earlier, a servant might've overheard their conversation if they were talking about their relationship."

"Also, If I may add. A few nobles saw them together at the balcony last night, while Her Highness and the Crown Prince of Azareah were dancing." Helio spoke, as Medea only hummed. There was a possibility in what Helio said,

Medea also thought of that possibility too, but opted to wait for a official response from her brother. After all, Asteria asked her to help Rocielle and Dekis get together. 'If that seems to be the case, then I won't be of much help.'

'Helping people be happy when you can't even help yourself, that's foolish Ria. You knew him more than Rocielle, yet you willingly gave him up for her. I can't believe this.' Medea moved her chess-piece, as Helio made his move as well. 'Nonetheless, Ria doesn't even benefit from this decision.'

Medea let out a languid sigh, as if expressing her disappointment. Which caused Helio to turn his head, "Milady, I suggest we should support the princess. Lady Rocielle seems to have some hidden motives which I can't make out."

Medea turned to him, and nodded in agreement. "That's what I was planning to do, Heli. Now let's play properly now." Medea referred to playing chess, as he nodded.

-

JOYOUS AND HEARTFELT LAUGHS, were heard across the training grounds. Eva felt nice since the princess was in a sullen mood earlier from such news,

"The crown prince originally wanted to use the training grounds by himself but it looks like he enjoys her highness' company." Someone spoke behind Eva which caused her to jolt up a bit. "Ah, forgive my impolite manners milady."

"I'm Artem Leigh. Right-hand assistant of His Highness, from the Leigh duchy of Azareah." Artem introduced himself, blonde stray hair strands across his forehead swaying with his movement. "It's nice to meet you, Lord Leigh."

"Evelyn Rubine." Eva spoke, regaining her composure. "Her Highness' lady-in-waiting." Artem casts her a nod, as they saw Asteria hit bullseye yet again.

"Your Highness's talent seems extraordinary, personally I'd think you'd excel more in embroidery and all those other stuff." Octavius complimented, as Asteria held a familiar bow that was a gift. "I'm decent at embroidery, although I enjoy archery as a sport."

"My brother excels in swordsmanship, though he's often in his study." Asteria sighed, grabbing a towel for the bow. Octavius studied the princess' features, how the warm sunlight made her eyes stand out more.

The crown prince noticed how Asteria's mood seemed to have lightened, since she had a languid expression painted on her face earlier on.

Octavius retracted his gaze, before Asteria can notice. "Your Highness—" The crown prince quipped, but a yell cut him off. "Nine! There you are!"

His expression dropped immediately, as Asteria took a glance at both of them in a oblivious manner. "What are you doing here you dumb—"

"Your Highness, please mind your manners. The princess is here," Artem whispered in a stern tone to the other male, Asteria simply stared at them in confusion. "Who may he be?"

"The Archduke of Leynora, Lord Akiro." Artem introduced him, as Francis bowed his head. "I greet the star of the Empire, please pardon my impolite manners."

Akiro apologized swiftly upon realizing Asteria's status, the female gestured for him to lift his head up. "No worries, I remember seeing you at the banquet."

"To think Her Highness would remember someone like me, it's a pleasure." Akiro chuckled, as Octavius glared at his cousin. "Don't be too stingy, Eli. You might hurt the princess' feelings,"

Octavius lost count on how many nicknames Akiro has made for him, as he huffed. "Silence, Kirr."

"Eli?" Asteria quipped in a oblivious manner, which made them turn to the princess who was polishing her bow. A light pink hue dusted Octavius's cheeks as he turned away. "Princess, Elira is His Highness's second name just so you can be informed."

Artem politely spoke, as Asteria's mouth formed a 'o' in realization. "Oh, pardon me. I hadn't known," Octavius gestured it's alright, as Akiro teasingly smiled at his cousin.

"Elira, can I call you that?" Asteria asked, lending the bow to Eva. The princess interlocked her fingers together, awaiting Octavius's response. His persian-blue orbs looked stunned before relaxing.

"Of course, Your Highness."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

highkey kinda liking how
i write octavius, he's probably
gonna be one of my fav ocs
now :D

i edited octavius ref pic, and just
made his eyes blue lol.

INTRODUCING !

ROCIELLE KINGSTON

"Yes, it's true princess."

OCTAVIUS AZAREAH

"Will you accept it? Your highness."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.4K 2.1K 34
I never wanted to lose to anybody and I never experienced it until I met you. You told me that you are absolute. I didn't believe it until I tasted d...
9.5K 451 8
This time we would remain strong as a family I DO NOT OWN FANDOM OR PHOTOS - I ONLY OWN MY OCS
4.8K 39 80
NO SEXUAL CONTENT!! This is only and I repeat ONLY marked mature Incase someone decides to report my account again and get it deleted!! Boom, ba da...
908 52 9
I do not own any pictures in this book just the oc name and personality.