Custodian

By wolflover2012

The werewolf world is in danger of being wiped out thanks to The Hunters trying to kill them and Vampires bei... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

4.8K 170 30
By wolflover2012

Chapter Eighteen

Lexi woke up to the sound of light knocking on her door, she sighed and climbed out of her comfy bed. It seems someone knocking on her door was always waking her.

She opened the door to find Chase standing there. "Andrew asked me to come find you, he said he needed to talk to you"

Lexi nodded her head knowing this was Andrews way of letting her know it was time for her shift at guarding Anne, she still didn't understand why Alpha Redclaw didn't fill Chase in on what they were doing.

"Oh ok, where is he?" Lexi asked.

"He is guarding Anne's bedroom door."

Lexi nodded her head, turned, walked back into her room, grabbed her black combat boots, and slipped them on before tying up the laces.

Chase walked into her room and looked around. "Listen Lexi, I need to talk to you about what happened today"

Lexi paused in tying her laces and lifted her head up to look at Chase. He wasn't looking at her instead he was staring at the picture frames of her and Anne that lined her desk.

"Oh, ok. What did you want to say?" She asked him softly already knowing by his behaviour that it wasn't going to be a talk that she liked.

"It was a mistake, I need you to understand what we did was a mistake" He said looking away from the pictures and looking over at her sitting on her bed.

"A mistake" She said softly.

"Yes, it should never have happened, you are a student here and I don't feel for you that way. I don't know what had come over me but it was wrong. So wrong" He said shaking his head.

"But you kissed me back, I felt it" She said softly.

"I know, and I'm sorry for leading you on like that. You are great person Lexi but you and I can never be anything more than trainer and, student."

Lexi took a deep breath and tried to ignore the pain she was feeling in her chest "I understand" She said softly.

"Good" He said nodding his head "I better get going" He turned to leave the room.

The hurt that Lexi was feeling had turned to anger when Chase turned his back on her. "I know you like me Chase" She said stopping him in his tracks "I felt it when you kissed me back. So don't give me that bull about not being interested in me. Tell me the truth at least if you are going to go to so much trouble to push me away"

Chase looked at her "That was the truth Lexi, we can never be anything more than trainer and student. Please just drop it, it would be best if we pretend that it never happened."

Lexi swallowed audibly "Fine" She said with a hint of anger in her voice

She finished tying her shoe and stood, storming past Chase "Shut the dam door when you leave" She told him as she walked out of her room.

She made her way down her hall, she was about to make her way up the stairs to the hall way when she felt shivers run down her back, she turned and looked down the stair case, she felt as if something wasn't right. She took a few steps down and listened for any noise down stairs.

She frowned when she didn't hear anything, she knew it was late but there still should have been people down stairs.

"What are you doing?" Lexi almost jumped out of her skin when Chase spoke behind her.

She looked at him before returning her gaze down the darkened staircase "Where is everyone?" She asked softly.

"All student were ordered to go to their rooms at eight o'clock, it's a new curfew that has been put in place."

"Lex...iiiiii" She heard being whispered up the stairs She looked at Chase and frowned

"Did you hear that?" She asked

Chase frowned "Hear what?"

Lexi took a few more steps down "Something feels wrong" She said softly.

Chase went on instant alert "Tell me"

Lexi shook her head "I don't know, I feel like I need to go down stairs, like someone is calling me to go down there"

Chase grabbed hold of her hand "Come on, I will go with you and see if it's anything"

Lexi frowned "Why? It's probably just my imagination running wild"

Chase shook his head "You must trust your instinct Lexi, what are they telling you to do?"

Lexi swallowed "They're telling me that I need to go down stairs" She said softly.

"So let's go" Chase started walking down the steps dragging Lexi with him. They made it to the darkened common room.

Chase looked at Lexi "What now?" he asked.

Lexi shrugged her shoulders "This is stupid, it was just my imagination"

Chase let go of her hand and started walking around the room, Lexi's gaze drifted to the door, the moon was almost full so the moonlight was drifting in through the glass doors. Lexi started walking towards the doors and opening it.

"It's so quite" She said softly.

"Lexiiiii" She heard the voice say in the wind

With the night being so quite it wouldn't take much for someone's voice to travel in the wind, with that thought Lexi walked outside and started walking in the direction the voice seemed to be coming from. She walked across the courtyard and past the administration building, it wasn't until she was on the driveway that she could sense that she was being watched. Her gaze drifted down the driveway to the front gate.

There stood a tall man his hands were placed on the bar of the gates, she could see his silver eyes shining as they stared at her, despite the fact that it was night time. Lexi looked into those silver eyes and felt as if she was floating.

"Come to me Lexi" She heard the voice say. She didn't feel any fear towards the stranger, in fact she felt as if she could trust him and that she should do as he asks.

It wasn't until she felt a hand grab onto her arm and turned her away from the man that she realised she had almost walked all the way to the gate.

"Don't look them in the eyes," Chase growled at her.

Lexi shook her head she suddenly felt light headed and confused "Huh"

Chase grabbed her by the chin and forced her to look him in the eyes "Don't ever look a vampire in the eyes, they can entrap you and make you do as they wish"

"Vampire" Lexi repeated, she could feel the fog slowly lift from her mind.

"Yes Lexi a vampire, that's what was at the gate calling you"

"What?" she asked shaking her head again, she glanced back at the gate and noticed the man was gone. She couldn't help the shiver that crossed her body "He was a vampire?" She asked looking back at Chase and frowning "He knew my name, why would he call me to him?"

Chase clenched his jaws "I don't know"

They both glanced over at the gate and Lexi frowned when she noticed something lying on the ground. "What is that?"

Chase squinted his eyes "I don't know" He reached behind him and pulled a stake from out of the back of his pants "Stay here" He told her before walking off towards the gate.

Lexi stood there for a moment before she followed behind him, Chase unlocked the gate and opened it so he could reach whatever it was on the ground. Whatever it was, it was wrapped in a large black cloth. Chase grabbed hold of the cloth and dragged it onto the school grounds. If it had been a vampire hiding in the black cloth it would have burned up as soon as its body entered the school holy grounds.

Chase reached for one end of the blanket and Lexi gasp once she realised what it was hiding. "Is, is that Sally baker?' She asked Chase.

Chase stood up and reached for the gates, closing and locking them before he turned and face Lexi. "Yeah it is"

Lexi lifted her hand to her mouth as she watched Chase bend over and examine Sally's body. "Is she..."

"Dead?" Chase asked Lexi nodded her head "Yes, she is."

"How?"

"Judging by the fang marks on her neck I would say a vampire had drained her"

Lexi frowned "How did a vampire get her? She had been taken during the day?"

"I don't know Lexi" Chase said with a sigh. "I need you to go and fetch me Principle Skinner she needs to know that Sally has been found"

Lexi nodded her head but couldn't drag her eyes away from Sally's lifeless body.

"Now Lexi!" Chase demanded breaking Lexi from her gaze.

Lexi turned around and started to run towards the administration building where Principle Skinner stayed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.2K 2.2K 21
In which the Mikaelson's, the scooby gang, the pack and past and future Hale's are brought to watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski Or in which trut...
28.7K 822 43
❛ 𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ❜ ⎯ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the broke...
2.5M 60.8K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
1.6M 46.7K 54
My name. Well that's classified Know My history. Expect to die Disrespect me. The pain will thrive. After years of torture and abuse my heart we...