Our Wolf Family

By Trooper-JJH

The roar of thunder filled the air and, the rain poured down on the forest floor, and in a small cabin a moth... More

Main Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Choice
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 13

1.7K 25 13
By Trooper-JJH

No one's POV

Max and the others were currently walking back to the village. The sun was just starting barley peeking over the mountain peak It was starting to get dark. The creatures of the forest were heading into their homes while others came out looking for food. 

Tullius was still carrying Serana cause of her ankle hurting pretty badly. Max was still in the gentle embrace of Lydia as she refused to let him go. How ever the wolves didn't notice it but Max had become very nervous and was darting his eyes back all around the forest due to the fact that ghouls like to hunt at night. He tried his best to hide his nervousness  but he was noticed by Serana.  

Sernana's POV

Serana was laying her head on Tullius's shoulder while he carried her back to the village. She looked over towards Lydia who had Max still in her arms. Looking up at his face Serana noticed Max's eyes were darting around everywhere as if he was looking out for something. She got a little worried for her friend so she decided to do something about it. 

Serana: "Hey Tullius can we stop for a minute?" She said in a pleading voice. 

Tullius: "What is something wrong?" He said in a concerned voice. 

Serana then discreetly pointed over to Lydia and Max. When Tullius followed her finger in the direction it was pointing he saw Max and how he was acting. Then he looked back towards Serana and saw a pleading look in her eyes. Tullius knew she wanted to help Max and seeing how dark it was getting he knew they wouldn't be able to get back to the village in time. 

Tullius: "Alright everyone, I say we make camp for the night since its already getting dark. We will resume our return to the village at next light."  He said looking back at the others.

Lukas/Lydia: "Alright".

But Max just remained silent while still looking around. The group found a small patch of ground that had large patches of grass and moss all of the ground. And massive trees created a makeshift wall around the patch of ground. The group saw this as a perfect spot for the night so they all entered the area.

Once they entered the group Tullius placed Serana on a patch of moss so she could rest in a comfortable place. Lydia sat to her right while still holding Max against her chest. Lukas walked in and laid Max's deer on the ground and then Tullius and himself left to go and get some firewood. 

Max's POV

Max: " Lydia can you please put me down now? I think my legs are falling asleep." He said in a pleading voice. 

Lydia: "But you are so perfect for cuddling up too." She said while holding him closer to herself. 

Max let out a sigh of annoyance. But Sereana was quick to come to his rescue. 

Serena: "Lydia I think you need to let him go alright." She said looking her in the eyes. 

Lydia: " But he saved us and I need to ensure he is alright and taken care off and I..."

Serana: " Lydia if you keep this up he may just avoid you for being so clingy to him." She said a little more sternly. 

Lydia: " O ok sorry Max." She said with a hint of sadness in her voice. 

She placed Max in between them and turned head away from him with her ears lowered to her head. Max stood up and looked up at her and noticed her saddened face. 

Max's mind: " Aww man she was just trying to show how much she wanted to be friends and now she thinks I don't want to be friends. When I really do." He thought to himself. 

Max walked over to her an put a hand on her thigh. And upon feeling his touch Lydia raised her ears and looked towards to feeling on her leg. When she looked down and when her eyes landed on Max she quickly grew a small smile. 

Max: " Don't worry Lydia, I still want to be friends its just that I need some space sometimes ok.  He said giving her a warm smile. 

After hearing this Lydia wanted nothing more than to reach down and scoop him up. But she was able to stop herself. Instead she reached down and put a hand on his shoulder. 

Lydia: "Thank you Max that really means a lot to me." She said with a smile. 

Max: "No problem Lydia." 

Just then Lukas and Tullius came back with both arms filled with sticks and logs. 

Tullius: "Alright we should get the fire going before it gets to cold."

Lukas: "Agreed let's get that going right away." He said looking up to the now darkened sky. 

Right away they got to work setting up the fire and after a few moments the two wolves had a roaring fire going. But then  a sound was heard that was caused everyone to look over towards Max. 

Grumble!!!

Everyone looked over and saw Max was blushing with embarrassment due to his stomach making a noise saying that he needed something to eat. This everyone started to chuckle at the boys embarrassed look. 

Max: "Yeah I may have forgotten to bring something to eat." He said with a small chuckle. 

Everyone stopped there chuckling and paused for a second realizing that they to were getting hungry. And they didn't intend to stay out here but with all that happened they need to find something to eat. 

Lukas:" Hey maybe we could see how Max tastes." He said with a evil grin.  

Hearing this Max became very nervous and started to back away while looking frantically looking to the two female wolves who were staring at him. Max felt the a tree pushing against his back which stopped his escape as all the wolves were looking at him with hunger in all there eyes. 

Max then looked over and saw his rifle several feet away from him with no way he could get it. The Lydia moved from her spot and started to crawl towards him. With his heart now pounding and feeling terrified and betrayed by these people who he thought they were his friends.

Lydia licked her lips while she and everyone were now coming closer to him.  

He turned his head and closed his eyes and waited for death to come. But then heard laughing. Max slowly opened his eyes and saw the wolves were all laughing. His breathing didn't slow down and his heart rate was thru the roof. 

The wolves then stopped laughing and saw that Max was now very terrified of them. They then realised their mistake. And quickly changed their faces from ones of humor to one of regret and, their ears all laid flat on their heads. 

The Lydia stood up walked over and extended her hand downard with her palm up. See had a very worried look on her face. 

Lydia: " Hey Max look we were only joking around. And we are sorry we took it to far." She said with a saddened look on her face.  

Lukas: "Hey buddy look I'm sorry for doing that I thought it was funny but I see that we took it a little too far."

Tullius: " Yes Max please forgive us." He said bowing her head. 

Lydia then reachout further and placed her hand over Max's lap and spoke out in a soft voice. 

Lydia: "Please Max we are sorry, please forgive us." She said on the brink of tears. 

All the wolves were afraid that the had pushed it to far and have lost any chance of having a friendship with him. Max then finally slowed his breathing down as he became more calm once he realized that it was a joke. After a few seconds of breathing he noticed Lydia's hand on his lap. He then looked up and saw that everyone of them had faces of regret. 

He wanted to lash out at them for their joke but, after seeing their faces he saw that they were sorry for what they did. he then laid a hand on Lydia's hand and spoke up.

Max: "It's ok guys just please don't do that again ok." He said sternly. 

Lukas: "Yes we promise not to do that again." He said smiling. 

Lydia then lifted her hand and walked back to her spot. And after a second Max returned to his spot between Lydia and Serana. 

Serana: "So what are we going to do for food?"

Max: "Well Lukas did carry the deer I shot so we could eat that." He said motioning to the deer carcass laying on the ground. 

Lukas: "Yeah that would do nicely." He said in approval. 

Tullius: " Well then let's get to work and prepare the meat." 

And with that both Tullius and Lukas got up and walked over to the dear. Max then stood up to help them but Lukas stopped him. 

Lukas: "No no stay there dude. After what we just pulled on you there is no way we are making you do anything." 

And with that Max just stood there for a second before returning to his seat between the girls. He then looked up and saw that both of them still had a saddened face and their ears were still lowered to their heads. 

Max knew that what they did was wrong but, he also knew that they were sorry for their actions. And he decided to try and make peace with them. 

Max: "Hey lydia." He said in a gentle voice. 

Lydia looked over to him and he could have sworn she had tears forming in her eyes.  

Max: "If you want you can put me on your lap." He said with a small smile. 

Lydia: "Really you want that?"She said with hope in her eyes. 

Max: " Sure go for it." He said with a smile. 

Lydia grew a massive smile on her face and her ears perked up. She reached down and picked him and placed him on her lap against her stomach. Max was quickly enveloped by the warmth and soft feeling of her fur as he leaned into her. She moved her hands and placed them against his stomach and over his lap. 

Lydia: " So, does this mean you still want to be friends." She said a bit afraid of his answer. 

Max let out a sigh and also notices that everyone was looking at him just waiting for what he was going to say. 

Max: "Well besides the fact that yall gave me one of the biggest scares of my life." He said looking around at everyone. " I still want to be friends with you guys." He said with a smile. 

Everyone let out sighs of relief after hearing what he just said. And also right at that moment Lukas started to put pieces of the venison over the fire to cook. 

Time skip.

No one's POV

The sun had now fully set and was replaced with the moon in all of its glory. The sound of crickets filled the air. And in the forest sat a group of wolves and a human around a campfire. Lydia had place Max down on the ground so he could eat. And Lukas had just finished cooking the meat and passed it out to everyone. 

Lukas's POV

Lukas had just finished passing out the meat and had taken a piece meat for him sefl and sat down beside Serana. 

Max: "Thanks for the meat dude it tastes really good. 

Lukas: "Thanks dude happy to help." He said with a smile. " Hey Max can I ask you something?"

Max: " If you want to eat me the answer is still no." He said with a chuckle. 

This earned him chuckles from everyone. 

Max: " But in all realness what is it you want to ask?" 

Lukas: "Well you see earlier you said you had siblings. I was wondering of many siblings do you have." 

Max: " Well to answer your question, I have one younger brother and two younger sisters." He said with a tone of pride. 

Serana: " Wow you think we can meet them once we get back to the village." She said with hopefulness. 

Max: "Sure I think they all love you guys." 

Lydia: " Really!" 

Max: "Of course my family loves meeting new people and, I know they will love yall."

Tullius: "Well then we definitely have something to look forward to when we get back." He said looking around. " But right now we need to finish our food and get some rest"

Everyone: "Agreed."

And with that everyone finished their eat and found a comfy spot to sleep. And one by one everyone drifted off to sleep. Everyone but Tullius cause he said he would take the first watch. 

Time skip. 

No one's POV

However while the night went on it only got colder and colder. And all but one was fine. Due to him having on fur like the others Max started to shiver and whimper from the cold air blowing on him. 

Serana's POV

Serana woke up to the sound of whimpering beside her. She looked over and saw Max shivering from the cold. He had his arms wrapped around himself but, he still felt the cold against his skin. 

Serana's mind: " O no Max he must be freezing." She thought worriedly. 

Looking around she saw everyone was now fast asleep except for Tullius who was sitting a few feet from them. 

She then knew she had to do something fast or he was going to freeze to death. She then reached over and picked him up. She brought him to her chest his chest laying on hers. She wrapped her arms around his back. She then turned on her side and curled around him trying all she could to warm him up.  Luckily for her she noticed that his whimpering and shaking stopped. She also saw that he had now formed a smile on his face while he snuggled into her fur. 

Serana's mind: "Sleep well Max we will take care of you till morning."

Now knowing that Max was safe Serana remained in that position and feel asleep. 

No one's POV 

Unknown to everyone two ghouls were watching them closely. 

ghoul 1: "We need to tell alpha about his now."

ghoul 2: "No we need to attack and finally take down the human boy."

ghoul 1:"What, we can't attack them there are to many wolves and, plus alpha said the oldest human was his kill."

ghoul 2: "The alpha is a fool we can kill this human without him. But we are going to attack them on the road to the village when they are moving. That way they will not be able to come to his aid." He said smiling evilly.

TO BE CONTINUED. 

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow you made it to the end of the chapter. All I want to say is thank you all for giving my story the time of your day. Please vote and comment what you thought about the chapter and, if there is any way I can improve my writing. And once again thank you all so very much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 661 16
Earth is home to a great many species, dominated by the human race. In their greed, the humans mercilessly enslaved all fur kind, not allowing them t...
55.1K 1.8K 40
The world as we know it is at war, and with two very different species fighting for their goals to solve an issue that has been seen time and time ag...
64.7K 1.1K 24
Humans and Anthros lived in peace and harmony on the earth for hundreds of years. The United Anthro Nations (UAN) sought to unite all races of anthro...
29.6K 943 57
Join Loki the god of mischief and lies and Loki's daughter Mischief the mischievous cat, plus their kitty army on their very own chatroom