MY LIFE AS A STEPMOM🖤✅|COMPL...

By Amnarhhhh

Asmau's life takes a huge turn when her father arranges her marriage to Abubakar Sadeeq Saleem, a doting fath... More

INTRODUCTION✨
1-ONE🖤
2-TWO💘
3-THREE💚
4-FOUR💜
5-FIVE💙
6-SIX🧡
7-SEVEN💜
8-EIGHT🖤
9-NINE❤
10-TEN💛
11-ELEVEN🖤
12-TWELVE💜
🇳🇬13-THIRTEEN🇳🇬
14-FOURTEEN🖤
15-FIFTEEN💙
16-SIXTEEN🖤
17-SEVENTEEN🧡
18-EIGHTEEN💛
19-NINETEEN💜
20-TWENTY 💖
21-TWENTY ONE🖤
22-TWENTY TWO💖
23-TWENTY THREE🧡
24-TWENTY FOUR💜
25-TWENTY FIVE🖤
26-TWENTY SIX💚
27-TWENTY SEVEN💙
28-TWENTY EIGHT🖤
29-TWENTY NINE💙
30-THIRTY💕💕
31-THIRTY ONE❤
32-THIRTY TWO💘
33-THIRTY THREE🧡
34-THIRTY FOUR💙
35-THIRTY FIVE🖤
36-THIRTY SIX❤
37-THIRTY SEVEN💜
38-THIRTY EIGHT🖤
39-THIRTY NINE💜
40-FORTY❣
41-FORTY ONE🧡
42-FORTY TWO💜
43-FORTY THREE🖤
44-FORTY FOUR🧡
45-FORTY FIVE💛
46-FORTY SIX💜
47-FORTY SEVEN🖤
48-FORTY EIGHT💙
49-FORTY NINE💚
50-FIFTY💥
52-FIFTY TWO💜
53-FIFTY THREE🧡
54-FIFTY FOUR💔
EPILOGUE🥺

51-FIFTY ONE🖤

851 145 97
By Amnarhhhh

ASMAU

"Breakfast in bed! Wakey wakey!" A cheerful voice suddenly woke me from my slumber.

"Adda Zahra g--" I began to speak, but my words caught in my throat when I saw Aleena standing there. I had almost forgotten that I was still in this strange situation.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," she greeted with an odd cheerfulness.

"Why the sudden change in attitude today?" I asked, puzzled by her behavior.

"Oh, do you not like it? I can easily go back to my usual self," she replied, her tone shifting.

"Whatever," I muttered to myself and focused on the tray of food she had brought - pancakes, butter, jam, and a cup of tea.

"Do you like it?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"So, what else would you like?" Aleena inquired.

"Aleena, I want my phone," I replied.

She laughed dryly. "Do you think I'm that foolish? Why would I give you your phone?"

"Then don't bother asking me what I want, since you have no intention of fulfilling my wishes," I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry if I disappointed you. But you know what? How about we get you a television? It might help kill your boredom," she suggested.

"Sure," I whispered.

"Okay, then. Eat up, Asmau," she said, turning to leave.

"Wait," I called out.

"What now?" she asked.

"If your boss wants money, I'll give it to him. Just please contact my husband and tell him you've kidnapped me," I pleaded.

Alina chuckled. "Oh, Asmau, just eat your food."

"Aleena, please, I really can't stay here any longer," I pleaded.

"Why not, Asmau? You usually get everything you want, don't you?" she questioned.

"I need to go back to my family," I replied.

"You mean the family you left?" she countered.

"I didn't leave them, Aleena," I insisted.

"Then what happened?" She frowned.

"It's none of your business," I replied curtly.

"Fine," she huffed. "Just eat your meal. I'm going."

I sighed and got up, heading into the bathroom. The bathroom window was too small for an escape, and I was beginning to feel increasingly trapped. I needed to find a way out of this place.

*

Aleena entered the room, accompanied by a guy struggling to hold a brand new television. "Wait," she ordered, assessing the room. "It's better if we hang it on the wall, right?" She turned to the guy, who nodded.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Frying plantain," she replied sarcastically, earning an eye roll from me. "Can't you see we're trying to set up your television?" She continued.

"Aleena, stop stressing yourself, just let me go, please," I pleaded, standing up from the couch.

The guy turned to her, and she instructed him, "Guy, let's go get the tools." Then, she faced me. "I suggest you stop dreaming about leaving because it won't happen anytime soon." With that, they left the room.

As they walked away, I whispered repeatedly, "Innalillahi wa'ina illahir raji'un, Ya Allah, help me."

Then, a sudden realization hit me. I hadn't heard the sound of keys when Aleena locked the door. Maybe, just maybe, she hadn't locked it.

I hurriedly stood up from the couch and tiptoed towards the door. Whispering every prayer that came to my mind, I hoped that she hadn't locked the door with a key.

"Bismillah," I whispered as I slowly turned the doorknob. To my surprise, the door wasn't locked.

I first peeped outside to ensure no one was present or approaching. Satisfied, I carefully stepped out into the corridor.

Fear clung to me, my heart pounding loudly. I glanced towards the main door, my escape route. However, what I saw outside shattered my hopes. Nearly hundred armed men were stationed there, their guns at the ready.

"Oh no," I whispered to myself.

Going out through the main door would be suicide. I turned back, looking for an alternative. Two doors were facing me.

Maybe I can escape through the back door.

I walked cautiously, taking care not to make any noise, and reached the first door. I turned the doorknob slowly and opened it, only to find myself in a kitchen. I rolled my eyes in frustration.

Not giving up, I reached for the next door and turned the knob. It revealed a bedroom.

Maybe this was my chance to escape, I thought. If my phone is here, I can find it and call for help.

I looked around the room to make sure nobody was approaching before stepping inside and carefully closing the door behind me.

Rushing to the bedside drawers, I searched for my phone, but it was nowhere to be found. My heart sank; I didn't find my phone, or anything else useful.

Just as I was about to give up, my eyes landed on the mirrored chest drawer. I hadn't checked there yet; I needed to.

Walking over to it, I opened the first drawer - empty. The second one, empty again.

"Alhamdulillah," I whispered happily as I held my iPhone 11 Pro Max to my chest. But when I tried turning it on, it refused to respond. Panic set in.

"You can't possibly do this to me," I muttered as I frantically attempted to revive my phone. "My phone battery can't be dead."

I didn't give up; I kept trying even as it stubbornly refused to turn on. That's when I heard my name.

"Asmau!" My heart stopped; I was caught. With trembling limbs and a racing heart, I slowly turned around to see an elderly, short, and chubby woman standing by the door.

"Who are you?" I asked, my confusion evident. I had thought it was Aleena.

"It doesn't matter," she replied calmly. I was terrified, wondering who this woman was.

"It's better if you return to your room before Aleena finds out that you've escaped," she suggested.

"I'm not going anywhere; I want to leave this place," I insisted.

"And you will, my dear. But for now, please return to your room. You can't escape from this house; it's full of security men and guards," she explained.

"Okay, I will," I reluctantly agreed, and she led me back to my room.

"I'm glad you listened to me," she said with a warm smile as I sat on the bed.

"I just want to leave this place. I know my husband must be worried sick about me," I said, struggling to hold back tears.

"We're doing this for your safety, my dear. We're trying to protect you," she explained, though her words left me even more confused.

"Protect me from what?" I pressed.

Before she could respond, Aleena rushed into the room. "Something was telling me that I left the door unlocked; thank God I didn't," she said, then turned to the elderly woman. "Nanny Fatima, what are you doing here, and how did you get in?"

Nanny Fatima quickly fabricated a story, explaining that she had taken a key from one of the bodyguards outside after hearing me shouting for help.

Aleena seemed skeptical but accepted the explanation. "Nanny Fatima will be in charge of bringing your food and everything you need from now on," Aleena told me.

"At least I won't have to see your face as often," I retorted.

"You won't stop seeing my face, Asmau, because I won't stop checking up on you," Aleena replied, glaring at me.

"Nanny Fatima, this is Asmau. Provide her with anything she wants—food, drinks, clothing—but never give her a chance to escape," Aleena ordered.

"Don't worry; I don't plan on escaping," I said with a forced smile.

"Better for you," Aleena responded before leaving the room.

"I want a cold glass of water," I said to Nanny Fatima.

"I'll go get it for you," she offered.

"Don't worry, Nanny. I'll get it for her," Aleena said as she left the room.

"She's so annoying," I huffed.

"Don't mind her, my dear," Nanny Fatima comforted me.

4 days later
ASMAU

Four days! Four agonizing days trapped in this hellhole. Confusion engulfs me. What do they want from me? Is it money? Or something else entirely? Why do they insist on keeping me locked up here? Nanny Fatima's presence hasn't provided the escape opportunity I hoped for. Instead, I'm stuck in this everyday routine of eating, drinking, watching television, and sleeping. It's maddening.

I've asked about their boss repeatedly, but they keep assuring me that I'll meet this mysterious figure soon. I'm beyond tired of this place. I wish I had heeded Abubakar's warnings; perhaps my life would be different.

After finishing my Isha prayer and reciting my Adhkar, I lift my gaze to find Aleena standing there with Nanny Fatima. "What do you want?" I ask, my voice laced with frustration.

Aleena responds, "Nothing, Asmau. I just want you to know that you will be meeting our boss soon."

"Really?" I ask skeptically. Before she can respond, another man enters and whispers something in her ear. "Let's go then," she says, and they exit the room, leaving only Nanny Fatima with me.

"What's happening?" I inquired.

"I don't know, my dear. I know nothing," she replies, with uncertainty.

Silence lingers for a moment before I decide to speak again. "Nanny, please, can I have a glass of orange juice?"

"Of course, my dear. I'll be right back. But the key isn't with me, so how will I lock the door?" she asks.

"Don't worry about it. I won't escape; I'm just going to use the bathroom," I reassure her with a fake smile before heading to the bathroom.

Once inside, I waited a few extra moments, ensuring the coast is clear. Then, I stepped out, determined not to miss this opportunity.

Walking cautiously toward the main door, I glanced back frequently to check if anyone was watching. Suddenly, I collided with an obstacle and nearly stumble. Something or someone caught me, preventing a fall. I gasped, my breath caught in my throat, and my eyes widened in shock as I look up.

"YOU?!" I exclaimed.

Edited version
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share❤️

LY💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 2.2K 35
After losing her husband, single mother and customer care agent Aabidah Ali decides to leave the busy and bustling city of Lagos to go back to her ho...
99.3K 4.4K 45
She knew this bus wasn't going to bring her to school today. She was afraid and scared that she would have to face this day. But it all happened and...
32.5K 4.2K 47
____•____ In Nigeria, it's known to everybody that each and every family has it own tradition. DAGGASH also has its, which differs from any other fam...
2.7K 240 14
FULANI LOVE STORY POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE!!! [ONGOING] Join Umaima as she struggles being married to a womanizer who she's still madly in love with and...